Costume Customizer Mod (v2.5.2) - Added Yukino Support, plus skin/shadow fixes and additional menu.ini fixes

@catshitz Thanks for pointing this out. I believe I added additional support to replace the mesh of the Fingernails/Toenails as well now that I think about it.

You'll also need to add the follow lines colored in orange below. You'll likely have problems if you try directly copying and pasting the lines (double spaces in the forums get a non-printable character added), so it's best to just manually type the 3 lines if you encounter errors reloading configs.

I'll go ahead and add these to the steps in the download section. Personally, I wish everyone would submit updates to the d3dx.ini on the GitHub repository so there would be one maintained version that supported all of the mods. I think I see only one actual difference currently between knight77 and my copy of d3dx.ini (outside of rearranging and the specific modifications i was asking to support my mods).

[CommandListFingernailsEyes]
w7=3
; Dump out eye & fingernail textures:
dump = deferred_ctx_accurate share_dupes ps-t0 mono dds
dump = deferred_ctx_accurate share_dupes ps-t1 mono dds
; Dump out fingernail & eye mesh & pose:
analyse_options = deferred_ctx_accurate share_dupes dump_vb txt buf
dump = deferred_ctx_accurate vs-cb2 txt buf
if z
    ; Enable fingernail texture replacements:
    checktextureoverride = ps-t0
    ; Enable mesh replacement
    checktextureoverride = vb0
    checktextureoverride = ib

endif

Regarding the 3DMigoto error beep, i'm not really sure why you got that. The only time I've heard it beep w/o any error display was when i was messing around with the shader files in the ShaderFixes folders and it didn't display an error until I restarted the game. There does seem to be some hidden characters in the one additonal item that I don't have in knight's d3dx.ini "[ShaderOverrideClothesPS13]" that appears to have non-printable characters between "ShaderOverride" and "ClothesPS13" that could may be causing the issue, so you could delete and manually retype that line to remove it.

@hitomiwaorenoyome For the first pic it looks like something messed up. Not sure if its on your end or what. Kind of weird the solid mesh of the tail isn't displaying and the legs are poking though. Does it seem like the clothing movement is lagging behind the body? That used to be a problem, but i thought i fixed that a while back (Sometimes would start after watching the BURST cutscene in a match because the draw order is very different). If not send me your d3dx.ini in a message and I'll take a look when I can.

For the second pic, I thought the template already had the weights normalized, but either way it looks like you need to perform "Normalalize all weights" in blender while in weight paint mode and re-export. Also, the clipping is because the bodies are different in each suit. You may need to also import the full torso body from the original/mod you are porting from. Just make sure to cut the seams at the same place as the template blender file, transfer weights from the body, and then follow the normals transfer documented in the modder information post.

14 hours ago, KuroKaze78 said:

@hitomiwaorenoyome For the first pic it looks like something messed up. Not sure if its on your end or what. Kind of weird the solid mesh of the tail isn't displaying and the legs are poking though. Does it seem like the clothing movement is lagging behind the body? That used to be a problem, but i thought i fixed that a while back (Sometimes would start after watching the BURST cutscene in a match because the draw order is very different). If not send me your d3dx.ini in a message and I'll take a look when I can.

For the second pic, I thought the template already had the weights normalized, but either way it looks like you need to perform "Normalalize all weights" in blender while in weight paint mode and re-export. Also, the clipping is because the bodies are different in each suit. You may need to also import the full torso body from the original/mod you are porting from. Just make sure to cut the seams at the same place as the template blender file, transfer weights from the body, and then follow the normals transfer documented in the modder information post.

Thank you. Thank you very much. I attach a file.

d3dx.ini

@hitomiwaorenoyome - Your d3dx.ini seems fine.  Assuming you haven't been messing with either of my mod-packs directly using the tool (you should be creating your own new mod-pack for the new ported suit), my only suggestion would be to back your in-progress mod pack and re-install the CostumeCustomizer mod and mod-packs. After you back up your stuff that is in progress, just delete the CostumeCustomizer mod folder and re-download the latest versions and install those again. You shouldn't have to worry about any modifications to your d3dx.ini file again. Just drop back in the main mod, and then re-setup any of the downloaded mod packs. Alot of what I'm seeing I can only think of ways to explain them if you are toying with editting the IB/VB files included in the mod-pack directly.

Hello,

when I followed your installation steps and pressed f10 to reload all mods the game started to display: WARNING: Unrecognised entry: resource/mods/cotumes/costumecustomizer/common.ini/... and then different types of text. The .ini part also changed to things like .../honoka.ini/...

The texture of the pareo made the girls body invisible as well.

I ended up disabling the mod as the warnings kept coming and covered half of the screen.

Any idea what could have caused this? 

Thank you! This mod really looks nice, looking forward to use it!

@KlausLegend - My guess would be that the main CostumeCustomizer mod was not placed in the right folder. When an INI file references something provided by another INI file (like the main mod using the mod-packs), the reference is the full relative path from the root of the DOAXVV folder. This is why the CostumeCustomizer folder must be located at the following path exactly and its folder. I posted a memo likely describing your same issue a little while ago. My guess is you have Mods\Costumes\CostumeCustomizer_v1.3\Common.ini and need to remove the "_v1.3" from the mod folder name.

On 11/14/2018 at 11:33 AM, KuroKaze78 said:

Folder structure should be the following. Top level is the install folder for DOAXVV.

• DOAX-VenusVacation
    • DOAX_VV.exe
    • d3dx.ini
    • Mods
      • Costumes
        • CostumeCustomizer
          • Common.ini
          • Honoka.ini
          • Marie.ini
          • draw_2d.hlsl

To everyone,

In future updates, would people prefer that I zip the mod so that for installation, you are supposed to extract it at the root of the game folder so everything is already in the correct path? Mod-Packs would still need to be manually installed until I create some sort of a CC Mod-Pack manager or something if it ever happens. It may help alleviate these kinds of issues.

On 12/1/2018 at 5:15 AM, KlausLegend said:

你好,

當我按照你的安裝步驟並按下f10來重新加載遊戲開始顯示的所有mod時:  警告:無法識別的條目:resource / mods / cotumes / costumecustomizer / common.ini / ...然後是不同類型的文本。.ini部分也改為像...... / honoka.ini / ......披肩

的紋理使女孩身體也看不見。

我最終禁用了mod,因為警告不斷出現並覆蓋了屏幕的一半。

知道是什麼導致了這個嗎? 

謝謝!這個mod真的很好看,期待使用它!

Sorry, I have the same problem, please save me.

I tried your method to remove the "_v1.3" but it didn't work.

Alright, I just went ahead and did a quick modification for v1.3.1, the only difference is how the zip files are structured, they are now intended to be extracted into the root of the DOAX-VV game folder which will merge the included "Mods" directory with your current 'Mods" directory. Hopefully this will clear up some issues people keep encountering because of a minor packaging difference I accidentally made in the last 2 versions.

Seems like the latest update adjusted some (most/all?) of the shaders and the d3dx.ini now requires fixing. You can check out my stopgap fix here:

Note, there's likely to be issues with my mod in the twin posing mod possibly if both characters are wearing it at the same time. I'll do some testing in the coming week to see what issues are there if any and if I can come with a fix for them or not. For the most part it should be ok given how I was already ensuring dual characters would should work. However if both characters are nearly the same distance from the screen, it may only display the extremity mods (everything other than skirt, bra, panties) on one character. Work around is set the camera up so one is clearly closer to the camera than the other until it stops glitching.

Now that the base mod has been updated with 1.8 which also fixes nearly every pixel shader hash (my copy had a few more i stumbled upon for additional fingernail shaders), I suggest updating to it. For the short-term, please follow the manual installation procedures for patching the base v1.8 d3dx.ini file if you wish to continue using the Costume Customizer framework mod. I'll merge 1.8 into my modifications for the d3dx.ini that I was maintaining from my signature shortly. Just as a reminder those changes include the w7 assignments and enabling support for fingernail mesh replacements.

I've got the F3 screen working and a couple packs correctly displaying previews but... the pareo bikini doesn't get replaced. If I press through some of the options of the Lacerta mod I see the shadows change but nothing else.

EDIT: Also noticed that none of the default mods like square bikini or white lace work either -- but the gacha demist does. Pressing F2 changes the shadows but the bikini stays put.

@kaymen - Don't use the d3dx.ini that i linked, (forgot i had another link in the OP), as its only for the old v1.6 and using it will roll your set-up back to the old version (meaning it'll stop working), instead use the d3dx.ini that comes with the fresh install ov v1.8 and then perform the manual edits.

On 12/22/2018 at 12:42 AM, bugfindermail said:

excuse me, mod doesn work for me. (im new)
press f3 or anything crtl1 and other didn effect anything
only f10 make it lag for a sec (suprisingly english mod is working)
please help

The mod is only compatible with girls wearing the black red skirt bikini and as such F3 will only toggle off/on if your girl is wearing this:

ReplacedSuit.png

If she's not wearing this it won't work. I think the instructions could do a better job explaining this :)

F10 makes it lag because that's the game trying to reload every single mod you have (which is great because you don't have to restart the game like the old days). What's this english mod you have btw?

1 hour ago, ach22 said:

The mod is only compatible with girls wearing the black red skirt bikini and as such F3 will only toggle off/on if your girl is wearing this:

ReplacedSuit.png

If she's not wearing this it won't work. I think the instructions could do a better job explaining this :)

F10 makes it lag because that's the game trying to reload every single mod you have (which is great because you don't have to restart the game like the old days). What's this english mod you have btw?

umm i dont remember that much. but i think its from reddit.
and well.. how to change costume? cause i didn have that costume on my nyotengu.
maybe sr costume as default mod? i think basic its like DOA5LR autolink. but its new program

Regarding the clarity of how to use it, I'll try to clean it up a bit more. But in short, pretty much any mod is going to restricted to the characters wearing a certain outfit. Anyway

@bugfindermail - Heres a quick photo tutorial to help:

First you will need to gift the suit to your character (only once per character for each suit, and only really for suits that aren't specific to a character like N, R, or APL-based SR suits), the suit is only a Rare suit, so you can easily get them from either the main story matches randomly or from event/venus gacha pulls (R suits aren't included in friendship point gacha).

Spoiler

From the main screen, go to the Girl Menu

01.png.e248b2ebeea308308aac39dcfbecc725.png

Now go to the gifting menu

Gift.png.419b32c46daf2ca45528bfc46a876f19.png

Now switch to Swimsuit Gifting

SuitGift.png.ff31a77b0cfc557163fb3b0d8a0232b6.png

Now Gift the suit in question to the character if she does not yet have it. If its grayed out, then you have already given the suit to the character. Click the item, and drag it over the character to gift it to them.

GiftPresent.png.7dccabf1265cb9d3c3c0cadc639349f6.png

Switching to the correct costume for home screen character

Spoiler

From the main screen, go to the Girl Menu.

01.png.e248b2ebeea308308aac39dcfbecc725.png

Now go to the Swimsuit menu for the girl.

02.png.77b7b1505a8f433435135d3ddae38dfb.png

This menu controls what the girl wears while on the home screen.

Now locate the suit in question, and drag it on top of your character.

03.png.4239be8374f760b7c78c3f8662330eb1.png

It'll show what you are wearing on the right.

04.png.793493b1a9cb24bd8977fcbc6223d5f6.png

Now any time you are wearing that suit and the girl is also being displayed on screen you can use F3 to open up the Costumization menu.

Having the character use the home-screen suit during matches (only visually, stats are still based of what they have equipped)

Spoiler

Go to the Coordinate menu.

01b.png.82dd8951e2e3f4e7720357e425888bd9.png

Now the Swimsuit Coordination menu

02b.png.ba0941cec25d8a01ba90f6b4a9ce5b76.png

This menu controls what the character wears during matches for stats. If the box is unchecked, she will wear what she has equipped on this menu during matches. If you check the box, she will wear the home-screen clothes during matches for appearance only.

03b.png.4a0a407574acc7778687f8c1a78eb77f.png