Costume Customizer Mod (v2.5.2) - Added Yukino Support, plus skin/shadow fixes and additional menu.ini fixes

On 10/20/2018 at 7:26 AM, KuroKaze78 said:

Making good progress on the GUI editor. Still missing defining presets and the INI file generation. Hopefully I'll have INI generation done before the end of the weekend, and atleast something quick thrown together for the presets.

ModPackEditor.png.6031f28972cd90f60c47f1915f41ccbf.png

Edit:

Turns out INI Auto Generation went really smoothly and is already done. Now just to touch back on Presets

On 2/9/2020 at 11:50 PM, KuroKaze78 said:

@zhouzhou - My guess would be that you have multiple mods active against the Takao suit. Either duplicate copies of CostumeCustomizer in different folders or the original ReplaceBlackPareo_wNudeStraps mod that was superceded by CostumeCustomizer plus the applicable Mod-Pack. If you still have issues after attempting to verify you only have 1 mod affecting the BlackPareo suit, please include screenshots (if possible) in your subsequent posts so I can help better.

hi,im facing the same problem,i double checked my {mods} folder and i think there's no mod against takao suit

the link contains my whole {costumes} folder, the mods that i use and what the problems look like, 3X screenshots

thx!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XEYHdBniFCWzA2528

14 hours ago, KuroKaze78 said:

@MARINE4th

In your case, it's Knight77's "NormalSuit_RedHip" which is usually the case as there isn't really any other publicly available mod other than that one and some of my older mods that target the Takao Suit in the first place.

wow, it works normal right now, i might forgot to check preview folder, but anyway thx!!!

@cornstarch - Make sure that the CostumeCustomizer is in the correct folder if you are getting a ton of errors for every character. If its only related to Sayuri, then my only guess would be that you are one of the newer mod-packs that includes customizations for Sayuri which would require the latest CostumeCustomizer version (v1.8). Even though Steam doesn't yet have Sayuri, in order for the existing mod logic to not complain, it still needs the newer framework to line up with the newer mod-packs.

image.png.9d78fdaa49fe692a6615ab08b8199e82.png

Hello @KuroKaze78!
Thanks so much for this amazing mod. I am attempting my first swap for it, and I am learning a lot.

I want to use a bra under the suit I am making, and the Innocence SR really fits perfectly for it.
However I can't get the transparency of it to work, is that gonna be impossible because there is no transparency on the top part of the Takao?

image.png.08c22b7394cb30e945d710cf9b2b5c63.png

image.png.4e9f940aebcaa0c14b9b95b6d52f17d7.png

(I did some tampering with the mesh but same with unedited one)

I would really like to get this working, there aren't really any other good lingerie bras only bikinis :(

34 minutes ago, KuroKaze78 said:

@KanekoVV - When adding the mesh in the Mod-Pack Generator, use an Alpha slot for meshes with transparency. For each "option" the mod currently supports up to 3 Alpha meshes and 4 Solid meshes. Also make sure you have an alpha channel in the ps-t0 for where and how transparent you want certain parts to be.

Wow I can't believe I missed that button, really sorry about that...

Is there an easy way to deal with the shadows or will I have to remove shadows from the bra completely?
image.png.6dab1d9cca312d2e7d2fbac44094fe8a.png

Speaking of shadows, I am having some weird shadows at the skirt too, I tried the "Custom Shadow Mesh" but I am not sure how to make one of those.
Sorry if this is also a stupid question.
It's only the "edge" of the skirt that gives shadow it seems:

image.png.917f0f09e29d09815a41d8b016723d24.png

Really appreciate the fast and succinct response!

@KanekoVV - To be honest, I haven't really played with custom shadows at all. Shadows are pretty difficult to play with and their draw order seems to be very picky. The Shadow mesh "default" setting will just use the clothing's ib/vb0 for the shadow draw calls so custom shadows should be fairly similar.

I can help in trying to look into it. Couple of questions to help the investigation:

• Are you using Steam or DMM?
  • Is the custom shadow mesh used on a Solid or Alpha slot?
  • Where is the photo taken? (Maybe different shadow shaders used in different areas?)
  • What model-type (common/honoka/marie)?
  • What category of clothing is this on? (In case there is a bug to track down in the ini logic)

In the meantime, I'd say try flipping the normals on your custom shadow mesh attempt and try it again. If that doesn't work, then you can either continue to attempt to play with it to figure it out or just disable shadows for that mesh for the time being.

7 minutes ago, KuroKaze78 said:

@KanekoVV - To be honest, I haven't really played with custom shadows at all. Shadows are pretty difficult to play with and their draw order seems to be very picky. The Shadow mesh "default" setting will just use the clothing's ib/vb0 for the shadow draw calls so custom shadows should be fairly similar.

I can help in trying to look into it. Couple of questions to help the investigation:

• Are you using Steam or DMM?
  • Is the custom shadow mesh used on a Solid or Alpha slot?
  • Where is the photo taken? (Maybe different shadow shaders used in different areas?)
  • What model-type (common/honoka/marie)?
  • What category of clothing is this on? (In case there is a bug to track down in the ini logic)

In the meantime, I'd say try flipping the normals on your custom shadow mesh attempt and try it again. If that doesn't work, then you can either continue to attempt to play with it to figure it out or just disable shadows for that mesh for the time being.

• DMM
  • Shadows mesh is used on a Solid slot.
  • This particular one is in photoroom but it is same on different locations.
  • Model type is Common.
  • This is kind of a one-piece. The Jacket and Skirt is one big mesh on original suit. I am modding Helenas SR.
    Because of this I have had quite some troubles with the weights. Top part is fine, but the "skirt" is quite troublesome. I tried separating them and making the lower half with skirt weights, but then it became too fluffy/big. I have been manually correcting the weights to the best of my knowledge but I am a total scrub in Blender. It's looking decent in front now but back is still a bit iffy. Don't know if this is somehow relevant.

To be honest, I just took the same IB/VB from the suit as Shadow Mesh and then fiddled with it to see what happens. I can't seem to make much of a difference from original (The screenshots are with Default Shadows).
I have no idea how to even begin making the Shadow Mesh, that's kind of what I want to know to start with.

I have edited the top half of mesh quite a lot, but the bottom is untouched from original.

Here is how the shadows look on Helenas SR unmodded
image.png.086623c79256fd3d51c9080f75b3613c.png

vs in CC (default shadows, no mesh)

image.png.377f2527d5c1f8b45d425bf6de0734a1.png

Thank you very much!

So, looking into it a bit, I think I need to override (and maybe allow customization) of the vs-cb1 (Similar to the ps-cb2 buffer)

Here's what it contains:

bool gUseMultiUV : packoffset(c0);
  bool gPointLightEnable0 : packoffset(c0.y);
  bool gPointLightEnable1 : packoffset(c0.z);
  bool gPointLightEnable2 : packoffset(c0.w);
  bool gPointLightEnable3 : packoffset(c1);
  bool gEnvMappingEnable : packoffset(c1.y);
  bool gShadowEnable : packoffset(c1.z);
  bool gLightScatterEnable : packoffset(c1.w);
  bool gFogEnable : packoffset(c2);
  bool gVertexBlendEnable2 : packoffset(c2.z);
  bool gVertexBlendEnable3 : packoffset(c2.w);
  bool gVertexBlendEnable4 : packoffset(c3);
  bool gUseInputVertexColor : packoffset(c3.y);
  bool gClipEnable0 : packoffset(c3.z);
  int bool_register_block_padding : packoffset(c3.w);

My guess would be that, the vs-cb1 used for the Takao bikini portion (the mesh replaced with all solid shadows) suit mismatches from your source. I'll have to play later on after work what I can do about it and I'll try to have something available in v1.9 which I hope to wrap up this weekend.

46 minutes ago, KuroKaze78 said:

So, looking into it a bit, I think I need to override (and maybe allow customization) of the vs-cb1 (Similar to the ps-cb2 buffer)

Here's what it contains:

bool gUseMultiUV : packoffset(c0);
  bool gPointLightEnable0 : packoffset(c0.y);
  bool gPointLightEnable1 : packoffset(c0.z);
  bool gPointLightEnable2 : packoffset(c0.w);
  bool gPointLightEnable3 : packoffset(c1);
  bool gEnvMappingEnable : packoffset(c1.y);
  bool gShadowEnable : packoffset(c1.z);
  bool gLightScatterEnable : packoffset(c1.w);
  bool gFogEnable : packoffset(c2);
  bool gVertexBlendEnable2 : packoffset(c2.z);
  bool gVertexBlendEnable3 : packoffset(c2.w);
  bool gVertexBlendEnable4 : packoffset(c3);
  bool gUseInputVertexColor : packoffset(c3.y);
  bool gClipEnable0 : packoffset(c3.z);
  int bool_register_block_padding : packoffset(c3.w);

My guess would be that, the vs-cb1 used for the Takao bikini portion (the mesh replaced with all solid shadows) suit mismatches from your source. I'll have to play later on after work what I can do about it and I'll try to have something available in v1.9 which I hope to wrap up this weekend.

Alright cool thanks for the reply.

Modding in VV in general is weird, and usually the really old SRs and R/Ns make it weirder. I always seem to run into issues with the old stuff. But I really like the look of the more simplistic ones so...

Looking forward to the next update then, but no worries if it's too much work.

It's a lot of infuriating fun working with CC, hopefully I can get better and do more projects soon!

@tantrave - It wouldn't be difficult to add more options as its mostly changes needed to the mod pack generator. The base mod only really needs to be set-up with new additional key bindings. I'd be up to suggestions on what key-bindings to add. My first go-to would be to add Shift as a modifier but if i did that i would probably also switch 11/12 off of -/= just so that its easier for people to remember keys [1-9, 0] = Options 1-10 and Shift + [1-9, 0] = Options 11-20. The limit of 12 was more because I had to pick when to stop at some point. If you have another suggestion for what keybindings to use for the additional options let me know and I'll consider it.

On a side note, I've played with an idea for allowing a custom re-coloring on a per-mesh basis to alleviate the need for including too many color options (or slight color shade differences when trying to mix and match) but I haven't spent the time to figure out how to do it via a ShaderRegex rather than a needing custom shader and even if i get it to work, I'd rather use that functionality to first create a global hair color customization mod first before i see about adding it to CC (considering I'd need to add ~420 additional persistent variables per character slot which would be 3 for now but 6 when i get Dewa to act as a different slot; (Hue|Saturation|Value + Add|Multiply) * 7 meshes per option * 10 options per character model slot)

All,

I just updated the released version to v1.9. Main updates here is increased the number of mod-packs you can install to 96 by using 4 pages of 24. Use the keyboard command for the same category you are in to cycle between pages. I also went ahead and increased the option limit to 20. 1-10 uses 1-9 and the 0 key. 11-20 options are the same keys but with the shift key modifier. Sorry to anyone that embedded the hot-key in their preview graphic thus far. The hot-key for the preset tab also is now just backtick ( ` ) but can be used with modifiers, this changed as I found when using the Japanese IME, I couldn't get CTRL + backtick to register at all, and it was necessary in order to allow users to flip through the available pages.

I also made a change to the shadows. I think the issue was only really on clothing categories outside to panty, bra, skirt (the ones that used body-weights) because they were rendering the shadows with the body while the clothing was rendered with the rest of the clothing. Now all of the clothing shadows are rendered whenever the original skirt was rendering shadows which seems to fixed the issue. I didn't end up doing anything with the vs-cb1 buffer (although I did investigate it somewhat).

Also a change that was more in preparation for version 2.0 is that i consolidated the keybinding logic into a single INI to deconflict it and updated the menu a bit. Now if you press F3 while you have multiple characters on-screen it will cycle between the available menus and not get messed up. The menu includes a graphic of the Suit in the top right to denote which suit its intended to replace and eventually that will either show the Takao suit or the Dewa suit. Also added to the menu is the current page of mod-packs and the icons of the characters that would currently be affected by the current menu.

There were quite a number of modifications/clean-up/restructuring of the Mod. I know I still also have to update the mod-pack generator tool to allow for more than 12 options real quick (edit: turns out the Mod Pack generator didn't limit, however the INI generation does stop at 12 presets but fine for options) and then I'll start work on v2.0. As always, let me know if you identify any issues with the new update. Also moving forward, I'll likely include 2 patches one for if you are upgrading from v1.0-v1.8, and one for if you are upgrading from v1.9+.

image.thumb.png.e1e42a859c895c71d5c8c2760db62727.png

15 minutes ago, IceTree5 said:

Great work!

So far, I've noticed 2 issues.

1) Options 13-20 seem to load option 1 when left empty

Yes. Currently that is what the Mod-Pack Generator sets up. 

Example:

A Mod-Pack only offers options 1-4. If you use the hotkeys for options 5-20, they will use option 1.

However, I coded presets inconsistently. Currently, the mod pack generator explicitly handles options 1-12, and 13-20 will default to option 1.

Example:

A Mod-Pack only offers presets 1.4. If you use hotkeys for options 5-12, it will just clear the currently equipped customizations. If you select options 13-20 it will default to preset to 1.

I don't have a problem changing this, however it will only affect mods that regenerate the INI using an updated Mod-Pack Generator, but I also currently don't see a problem with it how it is.

2) F10 often loads option 1, sometimes (parts of) option 1 of a different mod slot

Thanks, that's a bug. I'll take a look into it later today and push out a minor patch revision (v1.9.1). At a precursory investigation it may only affect resetting the preset to option 1 (mixing would be if you apply modifications after using a preset).

1 hour ago, Snivy343 said:

hello, I'm having this issue when using the Takao, I've disabled any mods associated with it and it's still doing this, could I get some help please

DOAX-VenusVacation_200303_190312.jpg

download this you extract it puts in Mods Skins kokoro contents of the pack
ALTERNATIVE Kokoro nipple_L labia_close
Kokoro makeup

kokoro.rar

All,

I've since uploaded version 1.9.1 which fixes the issues with presets. Also I updated the mod-pack generator tool to v1.4 which now standardizes the logic for selecting only specifically what keybinding you pressed and not defaulting it to option 1 if it wasn't defined. It also removed any restrictions on the number of options and presets you can define, however please note that there are currently only key-bindings present for 1-20 in the official mod at the current time.