Costume Customizer Mod (v2.5.2) - Added Yukino Support, plus skin/shadow fixes and additional menu.ini fixes

On 5/11/2019 at 8:27 AM, KuroKaze78 said:

@sinsitroy Sorry, I meant to respond but just forgot. So, theoretically I could extend CostumeCustomizer to likely cover additions to the head model, however I don't think it would be as widely used and head replacements/additions haven't yet been done at all so far. Ideally it should be similar to the other body-extended replacements, but I'm not familiar with the Head mesh and I fear each character uses their own vertex groups, which means you would likely have to do a unique export per character. I'm also not sure if the same head mesh is used across all suits which for better or worse would cause the replacement would be active regardless of what suit you are wearing unless you add in logic similar to "$suit_active" that many mods tend to do when they utilize KeyCycles to restrict when the KeyCycle is active.

I can confirm that. The head is globally replaced without conditional. It's the same problem as skin texture discussed in knight77 thread

@Phelps1247 - Couple of options however they aren't that quick an easy.

If you aren't completely averse to using Metal's textures (for at least the breast area), you can create a simple Mod-Pack using the generator that uses the built-in breast body mesh and also overrides the skin textures to use the high-res textures for that Mod-Pack only. This is similar to using the BP_Boobs mod since it includes custom skins for the breast meshes.

Alternatively the underlying body meshes would have to be replaced to use the original UV-mapping in order to make the older textures compatible. I think I may have the mesh already for the common body type back from during development before i switched to the high-res bodies, but I don't think i did the other body types.

On 5/14/2019 at 7:29 AM, KuroKaze78 said:

If you aren't completely averse to using Metal's textures (for at least the breast area), you can create a simple Mod-Pack using the generator that uses the built-in breast body mesh and also overrides the skin textures to use the high-res textures for that Mod-Pack only. This is similar to using the BP_Boobs mod since it includes custom skins for the breast meshes.

Please, link on the generator!

@KuroKaze78

about the facial stuff I talked about earlier, there are some problems that need your help:

1. when dumping, most of the glasses won't be dumped, and the ones that can be dumped do not have any vertex group or weight.

2. see the image below, I managed to replace the eye mask with the thing, but the "thing" does not have any transparency although the texture has alpha channel. I tried all the solutions I could find (e.g. run = CustomShaderTransparency) but still not working.

I'm not very familiar with mod only using .ini file, please give me some advice if you know how to solve this.

DOAX-VenusVacation_190528_015842.jpg.72e8754d053e02533caf690f8df5dd17.jpg

@sinsitroy My guess would be that none of the common available accessories don't have to bend to fit the face (mainly jaw movement) which is probably not that they don't have any vertex groups, just they only have 1 and its just pinned to one location on the face. Even if there were any vertex groups, they wouldn't likely be ones you would want to use (For example, the swinging of earrings).

Before I touch on trying to enforce transparency, because you are replacing glasses, rather than having your replacement swap out the glasses frames and skip the lenses, try the other way around since the lenses are using a pixel shader that already supports transparency. Both don't appear to be in the d3dx.ini so you'll have to add support for them. FYI this is for the NORMAL black square frame glasses.

Lenses use pixel shader: 1e372bfddbafcfc9

frames use pixel shader: d19d68505c1cx8c72

[ShaderOverrideAccessoryLensePS]
hash = 1e372bfddbafcfc9
run = CommandListClothes
; technically this is already listed for Gacha demist mod, ideally this shouldn't affect it
allow_duplicate_hash=overrule

[ShaderOverrideAccessoryOpaquePS]
hash = d19d68505c1c8c72
run = CommandListClothes

Alternatively, you can try the following, but I've always had bad luck with messing with enabling transparency on typically opaque shaders. Ausgeek posted a way a while back. I've switched it up to work for custom meshes and shows how it fits in with the TextureOverride.

[TextureOverrideGlasses]
hash=<glasses hash>
match_first_index=<glasses first IB index>
; replace whats needed
run = CustomShaderTransparency

[CustomShaderTransparency]
; Enable blend factors on render target 0 (neglecting the [0] here will enable
; it on all render targets resulting in flickering):
blend[0] = ADD BLEND_FACTOR INV_BLEND_FACTOR
; Set the RGBA blend factors:
blend_factor[0] = 0.47
blend_factor[1] = 0.47
blend_factor[2] = 0.47
blend_factor[3] = 1

; Transfer draw call to here:
; Original post had the following, but that only works if its not a custom mesh
;draw = from_caller
; Instead use the line below
draw_indexed = auto
handling = skip

@sinsitroy - Regarding why they weren't dumped, it's also because the pixel shader being used to draw the accessories wasn't listed in the d3dx.ini. Only the shaders identified in there (or more specifically with the correct dump/frame analysis options) are included in the frame analysis dump. Quick fix is locate what PS shader is used for the pieces you are missing and add the PS hash and assign it to one of the CommandList categories (most likely do "run = CommandListClothes").

Regarding moving the mesh, be sure to translate it in EDIT mode. If you translate in object mode, it doesn't change the mesh directly so the game will undo the transformations unless you apply them to the mesh. I've listed the directions to apply the object mode edits to the mesh below. Just make sure that the X rotation displays 90 degrees and it looks correct before exporting.

Spoiler

If you edit the translation/scale/rotation in object mode, you will have to apply the transformations.

image.png.af90cd8353c4d9dcda28c8a4ce9feb93.png

Location changes:

1. Object > Apply > Location

Rotation changes:

1. Set X Rotation (<current> - 90) degrees
  2. Object > Apply > Rotation
  3. Set X Rotation 90 degrees

Scale Changes:

1. Object > Apply > Scale

The key is that the transform properties must be the following at the time of exporting:

image.png.9d32f3e133f315fe7c45f0ea1a706dcd.png

Applying Object/Rotation/Scale applies those transformation and resets all the values to 0. Because Rotation X needs to be 90 degrees we offset it by -90 before zeroing so when we add back 90 degrees its correct.

Finally made it! Thank you a lot for the continuous help kurokaze san! btw, when I add the PS hash into the d3dx.ini as "run = CommandListClothes", some part of the glasses still won't be dumped, but when I set it to "run = CommandListFingernailsEyes“, everything was dumped properly.

DOAX-VenusVacation_190529_082422.jpg.ce424cb1613a30cdf33927d91c9d2aa7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Its not missing, it just appears depressed. I can see it in game, but loading an analysis in blender doesn't reproduce it. I tried a few things to try and get rid of it, but none of them seemed to make a difference. I tried adjusting the weight-paint (nothing stood out in that area), thought maybe the mesh vertices themselves were wrong (which they kinda are a bit), but that didn't make any impact either. FYI, it does perfectly correlate with where the original suit was, so maybe there is something else in play?

image.png.c1dd2b393db268e1d9112f5dc1e47dd9.png

If anyone can and is willing to fix the mesh (assuming that's still the issue), i can update the mod to use the updated mesh (Ideally fix the full body mesh or at least common_chest.ib/vb (so i can re-cut it to fix common_breast/common_groin as well).

Judging by the fact that the Mod-Pack editor is in the background, I'd guess that's your own WIP mod pack. usually when its messed up like that, its usually either messed up weight values (normalize weights to fix), the wrong vertex weight groups (make sure they are properly assigned either by transferring from the correct source mesh or if manual verify again), or the mesh's stride was mismatched (make sure the Mod Pack Generator is assigned the same stride that you can find listed in the mesh's *.fmt file).

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2018 at 2:29 AM, KuroKaze78 said:

The default is specified in the Common_Default.ini (Marie_Default.ini and Honoka_Default.ini will follow shortly).

If you edit that file, you will find a section in the ini file that looks like this (note, i did just realize the v1.0 has x6 rather than y7, however y7 is correct, it will be fixed when i add Honoka/Marie Support shortly):

It's empty when I open it.(Common_Default.ini, Marie_Default.ini and Honoka_Default.ini)

Is this normal?

So I copied your content

On 10/14/2018 at 2:29 AM, KuroKaze78 said:

[CommandListSetDefault]
if ResourceLoadedDefault === -0.0
  run = CommandList\Mods\Costumes\CostumeCustomizer\Common.ini\Reset

;Preset Options (y7 represents the x7 == 0 means presets, y7 = 1 use option 1 for the preset)

; Use a presets
  x7 = 0
  ; Use option 1
  y7 = 1  
  ; Run the Select from the first Content Modpack (Folder "01")
  run = CommandList\Mods\Costumes\CostumeCustomizer\01\Common.ini\Select

;DO NOT MODIFY
  ResourceLoadedDefault = ResourceTrue
endif

But it will be unrecognised.

Can you help me?

Thank you!

@wei81329

Those posts are all old and only applicable to the older revisions of CostumeCustomizer before were persistent settings. I published an empty file on purpose so that it would overwrite any of the older versions file contents since its no longer used.

To set the default that shows up when you open, just set your Outfit as desired in CostumeCustomizer and then make sure to hit F10 afterwards (which is a way to ensure 3DMigoto saves the persistent settings). Also make sure you either delete those old *_Default.ini files or empty them out again.

On 2019/6/20 at 午前9時46分, KuroKaze78 said:

Judging by the fact that the Mod-Pack editor is in the background, I'd guess that's your own WIP mod pack. usually when its messed up like that, its usually either messed up weight values (normalize weights to fix), the wrong vertex weight groups (make sure they are properly assigned either by transferring from the correct source mesh or if manual verify again), or the mesh's stride was mismatched (make sure the Mod Pack Generator is assigned the same stride that you can find listed in the mesh's *.fmt file).

Sorry for my late reply
I will try my best from your advice.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/7/2019 at 3:28 PM, 神無月 said:

I will ask you a basic question.
When I simply set .dds obtained from FrameAnalysis to CostumeCustomizer, it deteriorated as follows.

Could you give me a hint to get rid of it?

Reveal hidden contents

1.Transparency

11.jpg.e41f4ffbc9ef89778a733df8aed8ed4d.jpg>>>12.jpg.9122498cb4143f44027de812cee45488.jpg

2.Gloss

21.jpg.6f45b9a9fcdaf95cb51ee49e6aa782c5.jpg>>>22.jpg.b40841cbe6619a8901c590fed381a9b9.jpg

18.jpg.334afc21545d4d7cd72f1d3ea4385d5f.jpg

On 4/7/2019 at 2:28 AM, 神無月 said:

I will ask you a basic question.
When I simply set .dds obtained from FrameAnalysis to CostumeCustomizer, it deteriorated as follows.

Could you give me a hint to get rid of it?

Hide contents

1.Transparency

11.jpg.e41f4ffbc9ef89778a733df8aed8ed4d.jpg>>>12.jpg.9122498cb4143f44027de812cee45488.jpg

2.Gloss

21.jpg.6f45b9a9fcdaf95cb51ee49e6aa782c5.jpg>>>22.jpg.b40841cbe6619a8901c590fed381a9b9.jpg

Sorry, I guess I missed your question the first time. If you are still having issues, for #1, make sure you are using the Alpha slots, however there could still be issues with overlapping transparency since the suit CC is based off of was only intended for transparency in one direction. I think minazuki has had more success with reproducing the correct effect but I don't currently have a solution for it. For #2, the gloss affect is an effect added via the ps-cb2 buffer. If you add support to export the ps-cb2 buffer along with the dds and import those as well in CC for their correct meshes, it should fix it.

• 3 weeks later...