[Fallout New Vegas] More unusual mod conflicts (pretty sure)

Rokabur

So I'm now experiencing problems with 2 quests that I'm guessing are probably from mod conflicts. When doing Back in the Saddle, Sunny will go out back behind the saloon and then won't give me the rifle and ammo or even talk to me. The quest log lists Kill Geckos at the well and talk to Sunny behind the saloon. When I go to the quest markers for the Geckos, there's absolutely nothing there. Using TCL the geckos aren't under the world, they just never spawn.

When trying to initiate Veronica's companion quest, even after hitting multiple locations listed on the wiki (same locations I used in a previous save) Veronica never makes a single comment and her quest never starts. Below in the spoiler is my load order but considering how dead the FO3/FNV community seems here, I'm actually not really expecting anybody to even respond before next weekend.

Spoiler

•  00 FalloutNV.esm

•  01 DeadMoney.esm

•  02 HonestHearts.esm

•  03 OldWorldBlues.esm

•  04 LonesomeRoad.esm

•  05 GunRunnersArsenal.esm

•  06 ClassicPack.esm

•  07 MercenaryPack.esm

•  08 TribalPack.esm

•  09 CaravanPack.esm

•  0A YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm

•  0B Sexout.esm

•  0C SexoutCommonResources.esm

•  0D SexoutSlavery.esm

•  0E SomeguySeries.esm

•  0F More Perks.esm

•  10 More Perks for Dead Money.esm [Version 1.0.0]

•  11 TheSecretBunker.esm

•  12 SexoutKennel.esp

•  13 NVWillow.esp

•  14 Uncut Road to Legate's Camp.esm

•  15 More Perks for Honest Hearts.esm [Version 1.0.0]

•  16 More Traits.esm [Version 1.0.0]

•  17 AWSW.esm

•  18 More Perks for Old World Blues.esm

•  ++ YUP - NPC Fixes (Base Game + All DLC).esp

•  19 The Mod Configuration Menu.esp [Version 1.5]

•  1A SexoutAnimManagement.esp

•  1B SexoutPosNew.esp

•  1C SexoutCompanions.esp

•  1D SexoutWillow.esp

•  1E SexoutRapist.esp

•  1F SexoutRapeGame.esp

•  20 Better Game Performance.esp

•  21 Uncut Wasteland.esp

•  22 NRN.esp

•  23 Karma-Less Petty Crime NV.esp

•  ++ Weightless_all_EN.esp

•  24 Mojave Arsenal.esp

•  25 Karma Perks.esp

•  ++ Roberts_NewVegas.esp [Version 3.4]

•  ++ Gomorrah female dancers.esp

•  ++ MonocyteImplantImproved.esp

•  26 ArmorsWeaponsHealth.esp

•  27 SaturniteAlloy.esp

•  28 Uncut Extra Collection.esp

•  29 Vendors Containers Respawn Fix.esp

•  2A Mojave Raiders.esp

•  2B Mojave Wildlife (FO3-Style + No Chanced).esp

•  2C Uncut Skeletons.esp

•  2D Unofficial Patch Plus.esp

•  2E CompleteUniques.esp

•  2F SexoutFadeToBlack.esp

•  30 Unofficial Patch NVSE.esp

•  ++ spread reduction.esp

•  ++ RatslayerFix.esp

•  31 Uncut Cottonwood Cove Shack.esp

•  32 More Perks Update.esp

•  33 NewVegasBounties.esp

•  34 TheInheritance.esp

•  35 More Traits Update.esp

•  36 More Perks for Honest Hearts Update.esp

•  37 RoxieFollower.esp

•  38 Mercy Killing Karma v2.0.esp

•  39 SexoutKennelShow.esp

•  3A karmaterminals.esp

•  3B UnlimitedCompanions.esp

•  ++ UnlimitedCompanions SCRIPT FIX.esp

•  3C Areaeleven.esp

•  3D Uncut Greenhouses.esp

•  3E VulpineRace.esp

•  3F LootEverything_ForDlcSupport.esp

•  ++ VulpineNPCs.esp

•  ++ CompanionsEssential.esp

•  40 Uncut Bison Steve Trees.esp

•  41 Mirage.esp

•  42 TorgueSalesDesk.esp

•  43 CAGE 1.9.3.2.esp

•  44 SexoutSex.esp

•  45 SexoutSexMS.esp

•  46 Easy Unlocking and Easy Hacking.esp

•  47 LFox Magic Fingers Perk.esp

•  ++ Better Hollowed-Out Rock Loot.esp

•  48 LiveDismember.esp

•  ++ PM_IKIWFA.esp

•  49 Complete Respec.esp

•  4A Instant Aid Healing.esp

•  4B NukaVend25.esp

•  4C LonesomeRoadScorchedSierraPowerHelmet.esp

•  4D GoodspringsWastelandAdventurerRestoration.esp

•  4E TorgueSalesDesk-Goodsprings.esp

•  4F NoEncumbrance.esp

•  50 DialogExit.esp

•  51 New girls in Ultra-Luxe Bathhouse.esp

•  ++ No Weapon Remove Dead Money.esp

•  52 Dead Money Collar and Cloud Reset.esp

•  53 JIP MiniMap.esp

•  ++ HH - Removable Female Companion Outfits.esp

•  54 HonestHeartsCheats.esp

•  ++ shotgun accuracy boost.esp

•  55 Honest Hearts Workbench Crate Luck.esp

•  56 Unofficial Patch Plus - Addendum.esp

•  ++ Fixed Headgear Weight Classes.esp

•  ++ MaskRemoval.esp

•  ++ VulpineRace-Companions.esp

•  ++ LRNoRepLoss.esp

•  57 More Perks for Dead Money Update.esp

•  58 More Perks for Old World Blues Update.esp

•  ++ MorePerksFixed.esp

•  59 True_Grit_Perk.esp

•  5A SD_Scrapping_Tool.esp

•  5B Tag Skills Improved.esp

•  5C xatmosSkillPerks.esp

•  5D PerkEveryLevel.esp

•  ++ Lily Cosplay.esp

•  5E ItemBrowser.esp

•  ++ Smarter DLC Startup.esp

•  5F NVFeralGhoulChildren.esp

•  ++ RavenXP.esp

•  ++ PipBoyLight.esp

•  ++ pipboyx3.esp

•  60 SexoutRexWillow.esp

Some still play, but I find a question like that not easy to answer. At first sight I can't spot something that could lead to a consequence like that, in your load order, I also don't know half of those mods. But I'm wondering if all those "unofficial patch" and "plus-addendum" should stay so low in the LO, I usually put them quite on top. After that, the only way for me if I had this issue would be inspecting with xEdit and see what is really changing Veronica's or Sunny's dialogues.

2 hours ago, A.J. said:

Some still play, but I find a question like that not easy to answer. At first sight I can't spot something that could lead to a consequence like that, in your load order, I also don't know half of those mods. But I'm wondering if all those "unofficial patch" and "plus-addendum" should stay so low in the LO, I usually put them quite on top. After that, the only way for me if I had this issue would be inspecting with xEdit and see what is really changing Veronica's or Sunny's dialogues.

There's always weird conflicts. I tried a mod that removes Veronica's robes and hood. The mod disables https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/61931 optional mod that turns Veronica and Arcade into Vulpines (there is another optional plugin that turns a few dozen NPC's into Vulpines that might be the cause of the conflict). The ONLY other mod I can think of would be Item browser https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/60992

Edit:Nope, disabled the 2 mods, started a brand new game and same thing happens. Odd thing I just noticed is that the bottles that normally sit on the small fence behind the saloon are all gone. Even if I place a few bottles on the fence and then shoot them, still nothing happens with the quest Back in the Saddle.

1 hour ago, Rokabur said:

There's always weird conflicts. I tried a mod that removes Veronica's robes and hood. The mod disables https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/61931 optional mod that turns Veronica and Arcade into Vulpines (there is another optional plugin that turns a few dozen NPC's into Vulpines that might be the cause of the conflict). The ONLY other mod I can think of would be Item browser https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/60992

Edit:Nope, disabled the 2 mods, started a brand new game and same thing happens. Odd thing I just noticed is that the bottles that normally sit on the small fence behind the saloon are all gone. Even if I place a few bottles on the fence and then shoot them, still nothing happens with the quest Back in the Saddle.

I'd exclude Item Browser for any conflicts like these, because scripted mods like that one usually read through all the lists they find, read datas and fill arrays, then make something via script, but don't modify records by themselves.

About the bottles: those should be activated by a marker (168A92) whose is enabled when Sunny tells this line: "Now, see those sarsaparilla bottles on that fence there? Take this and try to hit a couple of 'em.". If she said that and you still can't see the bottles, you can ask for confirmation via console, writing this:

PRID 168A92

GETDISABLED

(Return between the two)

The first command selects the marker, the second will tell you if it's disabled or not. If it'll answer 1, then it is disabled and that's probably why the bottles are not there.

At that point you can enable it via console, with this:

PRID 168A92

ENABLE

But still there's something going on, vanilla is not doing what it's supposed to do. Now every case should be taken and analized singularly, if they are having so different consequences in game, it's hard to find a common denominator among them. But, as a feeling, if many things are broken all around, I'd go to a mod that touches many types of records - an overhaul or a patch.

1 hour ago, A.J. said:

I'd exclude Item Browser for any conflicts like these, because scripted mods like that one usually read through all the lists they find, read datas and fill arrays, then make something via script, but don't modify records by themselves.

About the bottles: those should be activated by a marker (168A92) whose is enabled when Sunny tells this line: "Now, see those sarsaparilla bottles on that fence there? Take this and try to hit a couple of 'em.". If she said that and you still can't see the bottles, you can ask for confirmation via console, writing this:

PRID 168A92

GETDISABLED

(Return between the two)

The first command selects the marker, the second will tell you if it's disabled or not. If it'll answer 1, then it is disabled and that's probably why the bottles are not there.

At that point you can enable it via console, with this:

PRID 168A92

ENABLE

But still there's something going on, vanilla is not doing what it's supposed to do. Now every case should be taken and analized singularly, if they are having so different consequences in game, it's hard to find a common denominator among them. But, as a feeling, if many things are broken all around, I'd go to a mod that touches many types of records - an overhaul or a patch.

Even before starting the quest the bottles are missing.

Also, as of now there are really only 3 broken things, Back in the Saddle not progressing after talking to Sunny in the saloon, unable to even start Veronica's companion quest and (though fixed/bypassed with a mod) a select few NPC's are missing the choice in their dialogue to leave the conversation.

19 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

I'll just say it would be easier to see conflicts with FNVEdit. I'm with A.J. on this thinking it is one of the patches. Are you running your game on Win 10?

I'll switch to Linux before ever using Windows 10.

Been years since I used one of the editor programs so really don't have an idea what I'm doing.

11 minutes ago, Rokabur said:

Even before starting the quest the bottles are missing.

Then it's fine, because those bottles appear only after Sunny dialogue, the line I wrote before. So if you can't talk to her, they don't appear.

Faster way to narrow down a problem, if you're not into xEdit, could be removing half mods and try, then another half, then another, and another etc. till narrowing down which one is causing the dialogue issue.

2 minutes ago, A.J. said:

Then it's fine, because those bottles appear only after Sunny dialogue, the line I wrote before. So if you can't talk to her, they don't appear.

Faster way to narrow down a problem, if you're not into xEdit, could be removing half mods and try, then another half, then another, and another etc. till narrowing down which one is causing the dialogue issue.

Didn't say i'm not into it, just that I really don't know how to use it. As for Sunny, usually after talking to her in the saloon, when I exit after her the bottles will already be set up on the fence. As of now, after talking to Sunny in the saloon, soon as I exit the bottles are still missing.

16 minutes ago, Rokabur said:

Didn't say i'm not into it, just that I really don't know how to use it. As for Sunny, usually after talking to her in the saloon, when I exit after her the bottles will already be set up on the fence. As of now, after talking to Sunny in the saloon, soon as I exit the bottles are still missing.

The bottles appear only when sunny reaches the back of the saloon, exactly when she tells you the line I wrote you before - if you exit the saloon and she's still walking, the bottles are not there. Unless you always used a mod that changes this behaviour, I'm obviously talking about vanilla. So, since she doesn't talk to you, the bottles don't appear.

41 minutes ago, Rokabur said:

Didn't say i'm not into it, just that I really don't know how to use it.

I would suggest taking some time to learn because your mod list looks full of conflicts at a glance- many edits from different mods/patches to the same things. Even if they aren't the source of this particular problem, they will be soon enough.

15 minutes ago, A.J. said:

The bottles appear only when sunny reaches the back of the saloon, exactly when she tells you the line I wrote you before - if you exit the saloon and she's still walking, the bottles are not there. Unless you always used a mod that changes this behaviour, I'm obviously talking about vanilla. So, since she doesn't talk to you, the bottles don't appear.

She walks to the spot across from the fence, draws her rifle and then nothing happens. When the quest does progress correctly, sometimes I'll exit immediately after her and shes already at the spot with the bottles spawned despite her not talking to me yet. Guess I'll try maybe disabling the patches later today (though I've had them all active for weeks and never had a problem) and see if anything changes. Any advice at all on how to check for conflicts with FNVEdit? Do I load all the files at the start or just the active ones?

5 minutes ago, Rokabur said:

Do I load all the files at the start or just the active ones?

FNVEdit will have all your active plug-ins selected by default. Just let it load the game and then look for record edits in red- these are conflicts. Some times you can fix things by adjusting your load order to let one mod's changes "win". It is a good idea to build a merged patch and then go back and make your edits in that patch. You can find tutorials for this on Skyrim or FO4 since they work the same.

8 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

FNVEdit will have all your active plug-ins selected by default. Just let it load the game and then look for record edits in red- these are conflicts. Some times you can fix things by adjusting your load order to let one mod's changes "win". It is a good idea to build a merged patch and then go back and make your edits in that patch. You can find tutorials for this on Skyrim or FO4 since they work the same.

I already use Wrye Bash for the bashed patch. When I search for Sunny under the Bashed patch it seems like https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/65679 might be the cause of the conflict.In the view window the first column shows FalloutNV.esm, the 2nd column lists the VulpineRace.esp, 3rd column lists the Vendors Container Respawn Fix mod in red text then lists the bashed patch in the 4th column.

13 hours ago, Rokabur said:

Started up my save after removing the mod I linked, Sunny talked to me exactly as she should. This is what I meant about weird conflicts. Why would a mod to fix VENDOR inventory respawn stop Sunny from advancing Back in the Saddle?

I took a look at the esp. Yeah it not only fix vendors, it also modifies a lot of npcs, I'd expect more downsides later.

7 hours ago, A.J. said:

I took a look at the esp. Yeah it not only fix vendors, it also modifies a lot of npcs, I'd expect more downsides later.

Which why I expect Veronica will start her companion quest normally (not sure what to do though since I did visit a few of the trigger locations already). Only thing left unfixed are a select few NPC's who are missing the option in their dialogue to exit the conversation (far as I can remember it's only Chops Lewis and 1-3 other NPC's). When I search for Chomps Lewis in FNVEdit, the only things that show in the window to the right are FallowNV.esm and ArmorsWeaponshealth.esp (this mods makes it to that any gear lying around will always be in perfect condition. Gear stolen from NPC's will still be damaged though). Thing is the ArmorsWeaponshealth.esp is fairly recent, the missing dialogue has been around for like 2 months now.

On 10/14/2018 at 11:37 PM, Rokabur said:

Which why I expect Veronica will start her companion quest normally (not sure what to do though since I did visit a few of the trigger locations already). Only thing left unfixed are a select few NPC's who are missing the option in their dialogue to exit the conversation (far as I can remember it's only Chops Lewis and 1-3 other NPC's). When I search for Chomps Lewis in FNVEdit, the only things that show in the window to the right are FallowNV.esm and ArmorsWeaponshealth.esp (this mods makes it to that any gear lying around will always be in perfect condition. Gear stolen from NPC's will still be damaged though). Thing is the ArmorsWeaponshealth.esp is fairly recent, the missing dialogue has been around for like 2 months now.

I'm not sure. I don't see Veronica mentioned.

If I give you a ESP, do you have a chance to try it and see if it solves the issue with Sunny?

24 minutes ago, A.J. said:

I'm not sure. I don't see Veronica mentioned.

If I give you a ESP, do you have a chance to try it and see if it solves the issue with Sunny?

My issue with Sunny was solved when I removed https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/65679 but the mod author insists that I remove https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/61931 because apparently that and not his mod is what's causing the trouble. I tried his mod at the very last end of my load order, his mod over-wrote the Vulpine Race plugin that turns a few dozen NPC's into the race causing Sunny to revert to a human, yet she still had a fox tail and she still wouldn't talk to me. I have the optional plug in activated for a reason.

I've gone through FNVEdit and looked at Veronica and Chomps Lewis. There are no mods showing that might be causing the damn problems.

1 hour ago, Rokabur said:

My issue with Sunny was solved when I removed https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/65679 but the mod author insists that I remove https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/61931 because apparently that and not his mod is what's causing the trouble. I tried his mod at the very last end of my load order, his mod over-wrote the Vulpine Race plugin that turns a few dozen NPC's into the race causing Sunny to revert to a human, yet she still had a fox tail and she still wouldn't talk to me. I have the optional plug in activated for a reason.

I've gone through FNVEdit and looked at Veronica and Chomps Lewis. There are no mods showing that might be causing the damn problems.

If you'd have a chance to try my esp and see if it solves with sunny, we would have narrowed down the cause and I think it would be nice for us to know it, not only for your specific problem but in general. What do you say?

5 hours ago, A.J. said:

If you'd have a chance to try my esp and see if it solves with sunny, we would have narrowed down the cause and I think it would be nice for us to know it, not only for your specific problem but in general. What do you say?

Alright I guess. Only other thing I can think of would the Bashed Patch and the bashed Patch is supposed to help prevent mod conflicts I think.

I have absolutely no idea about this situation anymore. The mod author of the mod released a version that doesn't include the NPC fixes. I installed it in Mod Organizer 2, put it at the end of my load order, rebuilt my Bashed Patch. Sunny now stays as a Vulpine but she still won't talk to me unless I remove the mod.

9 hours ago, Rokabur said:

I have absolutely no idea about this situation anymore. The mod author of the mod released a version that doesn't include the NPC fixes. I installed it in Mod Organizer 2, put it at the end of my load order, rebuilt my Bashed Patch. Sunny now stays as a Vulpine but she still won't talk to me unless I remove the mod.

That's what I've found too, hence why I would have loved an extra confirmation from you with my own esp, I'm sorry things were pretty busy and I forgot to send it to you.

When I saw that NPCs were changed, I though it could have been an issue for Sunny-Vulpine aspect, but I couldn't understand why Sunny-Vanilla dialogue would have suffered for something like that since the changes weren't drastic, except maybe for a missing flag on her. Also, I couldn't reproduce your issue in my game + this mod, which made me think that the issue could have been caused by a combination of mods. Anyway, I made an esp to revert the changes, but I see you already tried the last version and so you don't need it anymore. Other than that, I'm at a loss, if neither Vulpine nor this mod solves the problem then more tests and more results are needed to narrow down the issue :O

Archived