10 hours ago, panthercom said:

Prison Overhaul has two very nice perks. The first is a way to fix the 'stuck camera' bug you get with Skyrim/Sexlab

sometimes if an animation ends while in free cam mode with ZAZ animations. Restricting free cam to prevent

this has been done by some mod authors to deal with the problem, but that's a really fucking annoying method from

the end user's perspective.

The other perk is a bound pose system the user can initiate through the MCM which you can use to 'punish' your PC

a little more when she's been bad. The bound pose system will also fix the stuck camera bug automatically as long as

you leave the pose in third person. If you could figure out how to do this, or even just have a toggle in the MCM to

fix the camera, that would be a nice incentive to drop Prison Overhaul. I hate losing game progress because of a

stupid glitch.

I'll look into how they implemented the camera reset if they have the source code available, I think I have a relatively good idea what exactly they did but if it works that well I should be able to learn from it. There's a "camera reset" in the Debug menu of this mod's MCM, but i've had issues with it myself and it was mostly for internal testing. I should be able to improve that in the next update.

As for the pose system, that's much more complex and probably won't be in the plans for a while, especially since this mod has a much more intense schedule in the prison and that would present it's own challenges. Even with the PO system, if it was compatible, you'd run into issues being in a pose for any period of time since the prison schedule doesn't stop unless the correct scripts are ran to do so. 

1 hour ago, poplan said:

Any chance of seeing this ported to SkyrimSE?

Probably not until it is "feature complete" which won't be for a long time. I don't have the development capacity to run two different branches (which is what this would be), essentially doubling the time between updates... or worse, resulting in the SE version being extremely outdated versus this release.

If anyone would like to take the reins on porting the releases to SE, feel free to send me a PM, I am happy to provide the code and some guidance on how the mod works internally, but this mod is <50% complete so spending time porting a beta wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to me, personally.

1.10 (I made this a major release as it is a huge update!) is out!

Changelog:

Crime/Drugs

- Added illegal drug dealers to major cities

- Crack and Cigarettes are now addictive

- Most general-merchandise stores now offer cigarettes (cigarettes are not illegal)

- Prostitution is now a crime (this is not dependent on mods, it simply detects if money was transacted for sex near a guard or in public)

Compatibility

- DA now supported. With this support comes a huge new addition to the Gameplay, see the spoiler under DA in the "Highly Recommended" section for details.

- Dependency-Free Amputator integration fixed

- (Actually) Removed SLA Dependency

Bugs

- Prison chains lock onto you and cannot be removed

- Fixed chains in solitary

- Fixed bugs in solitary

- Fixed inmates falling into water/navmeshing issues (I think?)

- Fixed a bug where lifers would get time "added" to their sentence, which bugs the whole thing and results in immediate release. It is so stable now I have the confidence to remove this from the list of known bugs.

Stability

- A passive NPC rerouting system detects and fixes stuck prisoners.

- A lower chance of inmates going missing

- Inmate positions now reset upon getting sent back to prison for a second time.

Other

- Piss Buckets are now found in the general population sewers, this was previously only found in solitary. They have been placed in your cell and in various locations within the cistern.

- Added additional debugging options. If the camera gets stuck, click "Reset Camera" and quickly raise and lower your weapon/hands to fix it. You can also enable/disable controls from this menu (ONLY do this if you absolutely need to while in prison, then disable controls again if they were disabled. This can help unstick the player, but it can pause schedule progression within the prison.

4 hours ago, Plaguetard said:

Well with the DA compatibility fixed, you have my interest. I didn't see it listed, but I am assuming this is NOT compatible with Prison Overhaul?

It is not, as explained previously I am overwriting the vanilla prisons so an integrating with PO would only be beneficial until this is fully completed.

I did add some of PO's debugging options in 1.1, including a camera reset capability.

1 hour ago, Whizkid said:

any chance of making ApachiiSkyHair a part of your mod, trying to reduce the number or esp..

Yes. Well, not the Apachii stuff itself, that would be stealing (I don't think prison IRL would be so much fun), but custom/ported hairs, yes.

57 minutes ago, SewerRats said:

Yes. Well, not the Apachii stuff itself, that would be stealing (I don't think prison IRL would be so much fun), but custom/ported hairs, yes.

woot nice, thanks for helping reduce number of esp, apachii is good but loading all textures when only a few are being used is such a waste, imo.

A bit of a sneak preview into the next update (or maybe a new mod entirely, not so sure yet)!

The Dawnstar Reformatory is a sick combination of a nun monastery, reform school, and a cult - filled with deceit, religion, and indoctrination. The Reformatory exists to correct prostitutes, drug addicts, and those guilty of blasphemy (yes, this will be a crime eventually) into a life of service to the Divines (due to the prostitution etc I chose Mara as the focus here). You will either get arrested for prostitution or drug use and thrown in here, or voluntarily commit yourself at the front desk after receiving a glowing sales pitch by the monk stationed there. Of course, all is not what it seems, and you will realize eventually that you have been thrown into a regimented, zero-tolerance hellscape with no end in sight. You will be required to attend religious services twice a day as well as attend an educational school (to teach prostitutes "skills") as well as a bible (or whatever the holy book of skyrim is) study. Any attempt at rebellion will get you whipped, and if you keep it up they will deem you "unreformable" and send you to the sewers on a life sentence.

This isn't a typical prison/jail thing either, where you get a defined sentence. Your release is determined by the Divines themselves, which "speak to" the monks there. When Mara determines you are worthy of release, you will be offered a choice of release. The storyline goes that many of the girls there have been indoctrinated to the point that they voluntarily chose to die there instead of getting released, and you will be indoctrinated in the same way, and given the same choice. Behind the scenes, all of this works very much like the work credit system in the sewers, where positive behavior earns you "points" and negative behavior takes them away. When you reach certain point values, a random chance will occur and you may or may not be offered a chance at release. There is a very small chance you will never be given this offer and instead will have to escape. It is also possible to get yourself sent to the sewers and escape from there.

No ETA on this, although i've been enjoying the development of this part (which means i'll spend more time working on it!). This also seems to be much more stable then the sewers so far (I've learned a lot while developing that, which means part of the sewer system runs on very old, inefficient code). This, of course, is all new.

ScreenShot4.bmp

ScreenShot6.bmp

ScreenShot8.bmp

ScreenShot10.bmp

ScreenShot11.bmp

ScreenShot13.bmp

ScreenShot14.bmp

4 hours ago, Plaguetard said:

So, since installing this mod, for some reason like 5 minutes into playing I suddenly can't use the keyboard to control my character. If i uninstall this mod, that doesn't happen. I tried clicking the box for unstuck, but it doesn't seem to even register it was clicked. Any idea on this?

This is a known bug in the sewers, it seems to be caused by a variety of different things, although not all users will experience it. When it happens, go to the console and type "enableplayercontrols" and then type "setplayeraidriven 0".

1 hour ago, SewerRats said:

This is a known bug in the sewers, it seems to be caused by a variety of different things, although not all users will experience it. When it happens, go to the console and type "enableplayercontrols" and then type "setplayeraidriven 0".

What does "setplayeraidriven 0" do? Will this prevent the PC getting stuck again?

8 hours ago, Stuker said:

What does "setplayeraidriven 0" do? Will this prevent the PC getting stuck again?

Maybe. The mod takes control of your character multiple times throughout the day, setplayeraidriven 0 denies an AI package control of your character.

23 hours ago, SewerRats said:

That did work. For the record though, I wasn't in the sewers yet. Was just walking around town. Thanks for the help

27 minutes ago, Plaguetard said:

That did work. For the record though, I wasn't in the sewers yet. Was just walking around town. Thanks for the help

If you can, let me know at what (in-game) time this occurs, if there is any pattern to it. This is the only way I would be able to figure out which one of the thousands of lines that involves disabling the player controls is failing to check if the player is imprisoned first.

Following up on my religious cult project.

Of course, there won't be any sex (that would break the immersion horribly), but for those of you that are into verbal stuff, this is it.

When "deacon" is speaking, that's actually all of the girls collectively, I forgot to rename that.

ScreenShot15.bmp

ScreenShot16.bmp

ScreenShot17.bmp

ScreenShot18.bmp

ScreenShot19.bmp

ScreenShot20.bmp

On 10/12/2018 at 2:24 AM, SewerRats said:

This is fixed in 1.02 which launches this evening...

i just run into tthis issue with patch 1.10. im not sure what its effecting but ive also been having the issue of not being transpoted to the sewers upon submitting to a guard.... i got other issues in other areas that i have to figure out but i thought u might wanna now the fnis problem is back

25 minutes ago, destroyer1012 said:

i just run into tthis issue with patch 1.10. im not sure what its effecting but ive also been having the issue of not being transpoted to the sewers upon submitting to a guard.... i got other issues in other areas that i have to figure out but i thought u might wanna now the fnis problem is back

That FNIS issue is mostly harmless, although i'll make sure it's gone for good in the next update. I had to rebuild the animation files as it is a major update and previously solved the issue by deleting the record in TES5Edit, not CK since it was already built for release. 

Is the issue with not being taken to the sewers all the time, or just in certain situations? Also, what other problems are you having? At the very least, it can be put on the list of known bugs until the reasons for some of them are discovered. 

4 hours ago, SewerRats said:

That FNIS issue is mostly harmless, although i'll make sure it's gone for good in the next update. I had to rebuild the animation files as it is a major update and previously solved the issue by deleting the record in TES5Edit, not CK since it was already built for release. 

Is the issue with not being taken to the sewers all the time, or just in certain situations? Also, what other problems are you having? At the very least, it can be put on the list of known bugs until the reasons for some of them are discovered. 

whipping animation is not playing properly dureing scenes but at the moment i think thats got something to do with bondage furniture world tho i still need to verify if its its that or the animation on the whole....

as for not being transported to the sewers on a surrender so far everytime ive tested it it failed to teleport the jail time and costs are acknowledged fully but am still able to walk around the city or wilderness im in and the guards force greet again but eventually go hostile not long afterward and the only way to get them to back of is to surrender with maria eden 

i will test on a new character aswel and see if it replicates

1 hour ago, destroyer1012 said:

whipping animation is not playing properly dureing scenes but at the moment i think thats got something to do with bondage furniture world tho i still need to verify if its its that or the animation on the whole....

as for not being transported to the sewers on a surrender so far everytime ive tested it it failed to teleport the jail time and costs are acknowledged fully but am still able to walk around the city or wilderness im in and the guards force greet again but eventually go hostile not long afterward and the only way to get them to back of is to surrender with maria eden 

i will test on a new character aswel and see if it replicates

ok so i have tried a fair number of things removed mods amongst other stuff. started a new save and so far still unable to get the game to teleport after surrendering.

mcm says that there is an {X} amount of days left on sentence but also says they player has not received their sentence 

info.PNG

writebook.gif

This was a huge roadblock. For a truly immersive "school", you need a text editor. Skyrim has no such thing. What I ended up doing was building a custom SKSE plugin to accomplish this, which obviously isn't an easy task. What we're left with is an actual, functioning text editor in skyrim that can read/write/save on command. For this mod (the Dawnstar Reformatory part), it means the teacher can whip you if you can't write down your dedication to the "cult" in words, good enough. But, this is a project of it's own, and it's getting released as a modder's resource. This means that, when this goes out, any mod that wants to implement writing can. This is really huge.

From a technical perspective, it works by essentually using SKSE to hook into the book interface files, then registering a custom papyrus function into the game, associated with a papyrus script, that makes any book in the game a text editor when it is attached.

For future modders implementing this API, you will simply require this SKSE plugin in your mod, then attach WriteBook.pex to books/notes that you would like to write in.

On 11/20/2018 at 5:01 PM, destroyer1012 said:

ok so i have tried a fair number of things removed mods amongst other stuff. started a new save and so far still unable to get the game to teleport after surrendering.

mcm says that there is an {X} amount of days left on sentence but also says they player has not received their sentence 

info.PNG

I’ll look into this later/tomorrow, but I play this mod a bit myself and can not replicate it. I also have no other reports of this issue, but somehow RavenBeakIsSentenced did not get set to 1 when you were arrested. Do you have any other prison related mods installed or anything that affects the dialogue of guards? 

Does this mod conflict with certain body types or having KS hair mods installed? Its not the brown face error but rather they all have white or pale faces that dont match the body plus disjointed wrists. Animations and everything else run fairly smoothly except for when I forgot to turn off cover body when naked but thats on me.