[Sims 4] Sopor's Allure: a revised breast mesh + nipple piercings [24/11/18 - pink nipples!]

9 hours ago, ag55ful said:

Is there anyway to apply one of the skin overlays to all female sims in my world? Or do I have to manually apply them through CAS myself?

Unfortunately, no. I could mod the skintones themselves to include them by default, but then you lose a ton of other potentially desired functionality like custom skintones as well as compatibility with other mods that default-replace skintones (such as LunarEclipse's penis mod).

3 hours ago, doan77 said:

Looks great, hope you will make a non default version 

It's on the way. Have some plans for things like a revised bikini as well.

8 minutes ago, bagracer said:

as the nipple location is a bit different. 

Shit, really? I had it aligned to the nipple texture in Kijiko's skin overlays (which I modified for my own use, hence you don't see conflicts with it in my screenshots) and those worked with Heliotropic's Heavy Boobs mesh. Can I ask which nipple overlays you're using, as well as which mesh you previously used?

I found you want to publish also a non-default version and I think it is a good news. I tested a package remade for my own use as a non-default one and it works fine allowning to avoid conflicts with other mods representing different types of bodies (and providing more variety in the game). The only difficulty is that new breasts are different in their shape so much that they do not collaborate properly with CC like tranluscent shirts etc. (that are simply too small for them - though they can be remade). But anyway - the idea is great and I think you made a really nice work:)

Update!

Deformation issues have been fixed, so please redownload to get the fixed version.

Accessory version has been added and can be found under Swimwear. I've included the overlays as swatches, so you don't need to have the breast overlays installed if you only want the non-default version. There's also a blank swatch if you want to use other skin details. no CAS thumbnails 'cause I'm lazy, maybe some other time.

5 hours ago, Pou said:

The only difficulty is that new breasts are different in their shape so much that they do not collaborate properly with CC like tranluscent shirts etc.

Yep, Allure is quite a bit bigger than the default mesh's boobs.

comparison.png.73dec8db8ebee6488d6e53d51415f3df.png

The orange lines are from the default mesh.

The size difference was made for a more "natural" (or at least my ideal) shape that wasn't possible if I kept with the default mesh's shaping. No plans to scale it down to fit the default mesh, unfortunately. That'd require remaking the mesh from scratch.

I do plan to release an accessory-ready version of the mesh though, one without the nipples but with the shape kept so Allure can be used as a base for clothing. So look out for that.

13 minutes ago, JdR2014 said:

I have merged your mesh with my boobs mesh and it looks really good in the game. However, I have created a non-default version. :classic_rolleyes:

Non-default version is out!

Mini tech blog - expand to read about nonsense I faced while making this mod:

Spoiler

Initially, I thought the issue had to do with incorrect weight transfers, because the methods I used to transfer the vertex groups weren't proper by any means and took a lot of trial and error. So it took me by pleasant surprise to find out that my weights were actually more or less correct, after cross-referencing to a nude mesh ripped from the game.

Wait a minute though, that doesn't sound right. If my weights were all correct, then why were there deformation issues?

The first thing I tried was a simple retransfer of weights. The eye's only so powerful, after all. Using the proper technique this time, I got a pretty damn good weight transfer that looked better and cleaner than my initial attempt. Off to the races it was!... until the deformation issues got worse.

A lot of hopping back and forth later, I soon found out that the vertex weights were importing incorrectly. A quick import-export proved that exporting a just-imported perfectly-weighted mesh would return a weirdly-weighted mesh with completely missing weights here and there. S4S was messing with the weights for some reason, and I couldn't find out why.

A few google searches later and a dive into the S4S forums, I came across this thread: http://sims4studio.com/thread/12802/sims-4-studio-distorts-weights

Wasn't exactly much help, until I read, "The game can only read 4 bones per vertex". Opened my project file, checked the weights, lo and behold I had 5 bones tied to the vertices that were giving me problems. A quick revision of the topology and deletion of some unnecessary vertices, and I managed to get all vertices back to 4 bones maximum.

All fixed! This was really interesting for me, because I had never heard of a 4-bone-per-vertex limit before and it's such an obscure tidbit I only found referenced in that thread. This is also why the poly count's suddenly different from before. Shouldn't matter though, they were unnecessary vertices in a low-detail area.

I have no knowledge of the mechanics involved and not sure how much of my experience is due to the specifics of the skin overlays and the design of my specific sims.....

But TOP KNOTCH!  Really good mesh (based off the initial version).  I usually use curvy or full figured sims and I really like it with this new mesh.  It's a 50-75% improvement.  

So good work!

Internal update: Well, it looks like I'm not very smart. Will be fixing quite a lot of things in the next update.

While prepping a nipple-less version for more skin-tight clothing that'll use Allure's shaping, I realised the texture distortion was way poorer than I expected.

whoops.png.82713b7ae9d4551a4630b290ed04eed1.png

May be a bit difficult to tell on first glance, but compare the horizontal lines on the bikini. The left is my mesh, the right is the default mesh. You can tell mine encounters quite a bit of warping. Originally, I had the nipples on my mesh mapped for Kijiko's skin overlays, but guess what. On a second revision, I was a few pixels off. And on such a low resolution texture, a few pixels means quite a bit in the end result.

All this means is basically I'll be remapping Allure's UVs.

They'll match cmar's mapping instead, which should mean wild_guy's body details will be fully compatible.

Will also be revising the overlays since I'm not happy with the cleavage textures at the moment, as well as pushing out some default replacements for the base game bikinis and bras. I have plans to make some of my own too. ?

Thanks for enjoying my work so far, all. Glad to see many people enjoying it.

xox

10 hours ago, assntitties said:

This looks great. I'll be trying it out after your update to make it compatible with wild_guy's body details.

Should be out in a few hours, hold on till then.

3 hours ago, JdR2014 said:

I created a new mesh

It's not that I mind people picking apart my mesh and using it as a base, but it'd be nice to have a bit of a heads-up beforehand, y'know? What modifications did you make to it anyway?

This is by far the nicest Bodymesh 4 large Boobs.
Better than BB und better as Eve V5.

There is the Issue with the Nipple Piercings, but I can live with that.
If someone would do a Version of this for the Noir & Dark Nipple Piercings - I would be Happy.

I habe them with the XL-Version of the HB Slider (and the Breast Sliders from MtS)..... and the Boobs are fabulous. 
This is very close to real large natural Breasts.

THANX ALOT!!! 

3@0_5x.thumb.png.d8c6173daeb056970e05e78656dadf88.png

check out this sweet little screenshot! really happy with how it turned out.

Update time!

Big changes all around. Reworked everything, so please redownload.

I've updated my mesh to have slightly bigger nipples as well as fixed its texture mapping for wild_guy's details. More on that later below.

Removed the overlays for now, replaced with a cleavage pack. It's work-in-progress at the moment, but it should be good enough.

Overrides! Made a smooth no-nipples version of my mesh, used that to override two base game bikinis (halter & metal front type [according to the game files]). More overrides to come in the near future.

It took much longer than I expected to push out this update, because I ran into quite a few issues. First was the remapping. For one, even correctly mapped, wild_guy's details were just too big for my mesh to handle without distorting the textures. I ended up reaching out to wild_guy and got his permission to modify his nipple details to fit Allure correctly. Of course, his normal nipple details will still work, although I can't say for sure that the larger areolae will display correctly.

That brings us to the modified details now part of this mod. They're exactly like wild_guy's, except cropped so they fit perfectly on my mesh. There are two versions available: CFH and MLC. They're both skin detail slots. CFH is Crease, Forehead, occupying the same slot wild_guy's nipples do. MLC is Mole, Left Cheek, personally for me since I already use a skin detail in the forehead slot (but I thought I'd release it anyway).

6 hours ago, Cenor said:

the Nipple Piercings

Screenshot_264.png.b7912782480dd0bd7a11fcf5bf76cb35.png

*wink wink*

Tech blog - read about getting things to work (warning!: probably boring)

Spoiler

The rest of the issues were actually in getting the overrides to work correctly. Overriding itself was easy, getting rid of the nipples was easy, getting the game to work with both wasn't so. The mesh wouldn't deform correctly initially, spitting out these wonderful results:

RBEHT.JPG.353e1d578781d5044691255b2c4061f8.JPG.33601f767f1f74506a2e87bfdab49424.JPG

VBENTRYGJ.JPG.aea210377369b48945e58450317ab6a2.JPG.4b66aa3e20673a7fb006b098b497235f.JPG

pictures courtesy of dumbaby, she helped me QA

So, on to a really gruelling task of weight transfers after UV transfers until I was going mad. Seriously, it's tedium. Transferred everything at least twice, saved my files thrice, still:

Screenshot_260.png.6c5ab737fd7f13d88c298707aa6fdc7c.png

side note: may have made me giggle

Starting to get really pissed now, because nothing was making sense. I swear to god, I must've performed a uv_1 transfer on this mesh at least 5 times.

There's a little thing in 3D they like to talk about: tris are basically the devil in graphical form. Quads should pretty much always be used until they can't (of course, game engines always triangulate models so you'll still end up with tris, but native tris can and will be issues like you'll see). I completely forgot that the tips of the smooth mesh were poked circles (i.e. triangles arranged in a circle shape).

So I got rid of it and arranged the tris a different way, and surprise surprise: it actually worked.

Shame on me.

Now that I type this out, it feels shorter and less annoying than what I went through, but trust me: I went through 3 hours of wracking my brain figuring out what the hell to do.

Anyway, to those interested, in a future update I'll be releasing my meshes for those who want to use it to make accessories. Warning, there's a lot of things that need to be done in order to get it working correctly. The next post I make here will probably be stupidly long and very technical.

Next update in a day or two. Decided I'll be reworking the mesh entirely since I wasn't too happy with the topology. No worries though, the current version's still good and usable, I just want to fix a few things so future additions will be easier.

Screenshot_267.png.299631c5e33673e3545cdaaa11bc9725.png

Small little sneak peek: reworked nipple-areola mesh. Reshaped with a bit more detail, and at roughly 60% the polygons of the original too. Slowly learning the whole optimising your topology for games thing.

A few things for the future - for the most part, I think Allure should be finalised by the end of this week. I'll continue to update it with more overrides, overlays and accessories of my own though, so do follow if you're interested. I'll be releasing my files soon too, so you can make your own accessories using Allure's shaping (though hinted in the post above it's not going to be that easy if you aren't experienced in 3D/modding in general).

I have been toying with the idea of making my own penis mesh, though I foresee quite a few issues that'll be quite tricky to solve (plus, like I'll be able to compete with LunarEclipse's fantastic model). It's tentative so no promises, but if it does become a thing I do have some interesting ideas for it (a no-balls version for futanari/dickgirls, for example). ?