Mod request: Dragon Spear [PC]

Mr. Fear

• 5 weeks later...

This game is like a hentai game without hentai. I'd be surprised if no one looked into modding it, but seems to have a small fanbase when I look at the number of Steam threads.

I bought this game yesterday and played it for like 8 hours strait. :classic_blush: It is really addictive, and surprisingly good considering it's a mobile port.

I will take a look.
Managed to extract some texture 372 file for one single character. however not all are the actual skin some are just items and bla bla bla...

I'm kind of stuck here.....
As I'm able to extract the texture just fine, the problem lies in the format the game uses...

Game uses RGBA32
And the programs I use (PS and Paint.net) can only save as ARGB... which result in white squares when in game
Any ideas would be welcome.
This problem kind of remind me of what I had in Darkest Dungeon using my custom skin. But in DD case using superpng fixed the issue

Gonna try some things here.

21 hours ago, The Butler said:

Game uses RGBA32
And the programs I use (PS and Paint.net) can only save as ARGB... which result in white squares when in game
Any ideas would be welcome.
This problem kind of remind me of what I had in Darkest Dungeon using my custom skin. But in DD case using superpng fixed the issue

Gonna try some things here.

Try to edit them using Gimp, it is free, use 'overwrite image' instead of 'export'. I edited some of the sorc costumes with gimp and it worked almost perfectly in game.

Anyway there are hidden costume parts with bare breasts and butts for some of the sorceress' costumes made by the devs themselves, but they are not implemented in game. Maybe it is a part of an unfinished armor break mechanic like on the spider queen boss' armor break.

@tigers &  @Shiori栞 - I checked undertow yesterday and left a comment there asking for the modder what he used.
Although I can't check the exact files that were modded since the modder also repacked them (yes I could do a long search to find then, but then what? I wouldn't know the compression he used either).

@Proserpina - I will try it later, and thanks for the info too.

I found the correct compression to use (with photoshop which is easier for me to use). Gonna do some testing tomorrow

3 hours ago, The Butler said:

@tigers &  @Shiori栞 - I checked undertow yesterday and left a comment there asking for the modder what he used.
Although I can't check the exact files that were modded since the modder also repacked them (yes I could do a long search to find then, but then what? I wouldn't know the compression he used either).

@Proserpina - I will try it later, and thanks for the info too.

I found the correct compression to use (with photoshop which is easier for me to use). Gonna do some testing tomorrow

What compression did you use? I have CS6 and I'd like to know too.

Edit: Seems the mod isn't working. I think an update happened. Hopefully this game doesn't get updated all the time. If it does, I'll need to know how to edit and repack files.

1 hour ago, Shiori栞 said:

What compression did you use? I have CS6 and I'd like to know too.

Edit: Seems the mod isn't working. I think an update happened. Hopefully this game doesn't get updated all the time. If it does, I'll need to know how to edit and repack files.

Well the thing is, I was exporting with Intel .dds plugin on PS and no luck. Then I tried with Nvidia .dds plugin and it started to actually show the modded texture instead of just crashing or not appearing at all but they still have some graphic glitch (some white dots). In my next try I opted to use the Alpha channel from the original file only making some minor changes.

Now it work with DXT3 explicit and DXT5.
Might have been a problem with my machine and it fixed on it's own after restart or Intel plugin is not supported for some reason (I will test using intel later on), but again it might have been the alpha channel that I was missing however even with it missing I was still able to see the texture.

ie: Alpha channel in red (what won't be displayed)

ex01.jpg.d4506c25b962fd8e27a9f673af1c6395.jpg

ex02.jpg.1a7eeec82a5319dac235cb0485d722cf.jpg

|Supported compression|  Quality  | Size
|        DXT3         |    BAD    | 256kb 
|        DXT5         |    Good   | 256kb (support transparency)
|    8.8.8.8 ARGB     |  Lossless | 1.025kb (Game Native)

compression.jpg.2fa31ce450596658ea08fb2d24bf264c.jpg

Crappy skin test DXT3

Crappy.jpg.c5b5870f6f9857f1160ec9d702c57df0.jpg

DXT5 Interpolated is exactly what I would have tried first. That's what I use for everything. And Alpha is how I nude modded Blood Bowl. Want something to disappear, just highlight what you want gone, copy it, and paste it into the Alpha. Gone.

Is this the nude files the game has already in it? Oh, and how do you repack it? Do you think you can just make a loose folder file path and put .dds files in there to have the game read them? That seems to work surprisingly often.

18 hours ago, Shiori栞 said:

DXT5 Interpolated is exactly what I would have tried first. That's what I use for everything. And Alpha is how I nude modded Blood Bowl. Want something to disappear, just highlight what you want gone, copy it, and paste it into the Alpha. Gone.

Is this the nude files the game has already in it? Oh, and how do you repack it? Do you think you can just make a loose folder file path and put .dds files in there to have the game read them? That seems to work surprisingly often.

DXT5 Lose quality in this case since the textures are really small.

Is this the nude files the game has already in it?
- No this is the modded one I made (and I'm not using it since I made one slightly better which I will soon dispose off as well) and I haven't found the game nude texture, extracted all the texture from assets and there was no nude skin.

• Do you think you can just make a loose folder file path and put .dds files in there to have the game read them? That seems to work surprisingly often.
- It might be possible, repacking is easy as well. I will take a look in the .asset structure with other program to know how the game organize the folders and try it later.

Edit:
So much time without working with textures, my skills regressed a little T-T
Check.jpg.3b74362dfbe40c9eb35fc4ff82eaf7be.jpg

15 hours ago, Shiori栞 said:

Oh my gosh you made nude mods for Blood Bowl? Hahaha, I used as many of those as I could find years ago. It always seemed like a weird game for nude mods. Where are the ones you made? I'm still kind of curious if there were any I missed, or if you happened to make one that I used.

5 hours ago, The Butler said:

Check.jpg.3b74362dfbe40c9eb35fc4ff82eaf7be.jpg

That pic is fantastic. For such a small texture it sure looks good blown up that big.

1 hour ago, whateverdontcare said:

Oh my gosh you made nude mods for Blood Bowl? Hahaha, I used as many of those as I could find years ago. It always seemed like a weird game for nude mods. Where are the ones you made? I'm still kind of curious if there were any I missed, or if you happened to make one that I used.

I did not upload mine. I figured no one plays it anymore with BB2 out. Also, I did not find a single nude mod anywhere for it, so I made one. It seemed odd I could find none since it was so easy to make a mod for it. ?

Mine covers a couple Amazons, the Witch in Dark Elves, and their cheerleaders. Also added a tattoo for the witch (skin 3 I think) and makeup for that one and the catcher in Amazons.

Back to work....
As I said before I did some small changes regarding the nipples on the first illustrations.
I had the impression that the nipples were somewhat disproportional and were not blending well with the skin.
I made it a tiny bit bigger and blurred a bit the contour.
Preview:

Comparinson.jpg.bc58a9e387bee7ea3e0cd21d9beeff21.jpg

So imo I would stick the slightly big version and discard the old one.
So what do you guys think?

20 hours ago, Shiori栞 said:

Do that ?

5 hours ago, Darklord999 said:

I prefer the "before" version but you can't make a mistake if you give us the opportunity to choose between both versions!?

Ok, noted....
Gonna resume work at night....

For now aonly the NPC's will have 2 nipples versions.

..................................................................................................................
Edit:
Heroes Illustration .  yes... I will only be modding the girls

Preview:

Preview.jpg.3be4d2eccb4a0776af24ae5859510e82.jpg

2 hours ago, link1233 said:

how many sprites are you thinking about doing?

I'm not sure yet...
I have an idea that could speed up my work with sprites...
For now I'm focusing on the Illustration which are the character portrait during cutscenes...

There was a rumor about character having a nude sprite, this rumor is partially true, why partially? The only character that have a nude skin is the Sorceress/Mage.

Also Managed to mod(bare breasts for now) the character selection screen.

Uhuhu.jpg.1a9ed002bbc2df894e6f0f049437cb31.jpg

And now after some test I can assure that Intel compression is unsuported (unless I flip vertically when saving, I will do this test later)

Archived