lockeslylcrit

[mod] [CK2] Luxuria Fantasia - Updated: 23AUG20

Hey, just a question about updating the mod. I recently updated it and loaded an old save, and the portrait on my character changed to another (it was a succubus portrait before). I don't know how to remove my current portrait (it changed to a kitsune I believe). Is there some way to get rid of the kitsune portrait and set it back to the default CK2 one? I'm happy to edit my save game if that's needed. I've tried the default "remove custom portrait" button, but that didn't work.

Okay, I REALLY NEED HELP. No matter how hard I try, I can't get manual mods to work! I've done everything I know! Made a folder, Unpack mods, put mods into mod folder, run game. NOTHING. Not even the check list on the launcher! If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong, please tell me! I, personally, am at a loss!

Please and thank you!

On 9/12/2020 at 7:32 AM, Proteus_1492 said:

Hey, just a question about updating the mod. I recently updated it and loaded an old save, and the portrait on my character changed to another (it was a succubus portrait before). I don't know how to remove my current portrait (it changed to a kitsune I believe). Is there some way to get rid of the kitsune portrait and set it back to the default CK2 one? I'm happy to edit my save game if that's needed. I've tried the default "remove custom portrait" button, but that didn't work.

Updating mods will very likely require a new game, especially if they add or remove traits. New or removed traits messes up save games.

On 9/14/2020 at 10:04 PM, lockeslylcrit said:

elfstare.png

what?

Woops! completely forgot about this post! Figured it out, I didn't know that you had to remove the mod AND file folders. Had no idea that one extra folder layer would make everything inert.

TL,DR: I was a bit of a dumb

On 9/18/2020 at 12:51 AM, nobodytosee said:

Woops! completely forgot about this post! Figured it out, I didn't know that you had to remove the mod AND file folders. Had no idea that one extra folder layer would make everything inert.

TL,DR: I was a bit of a dumb

What a coincidence. I`m trying CK2 for the first time, and was wondering if I leave the mods in a folder in the "mod" folder, or have what`s in the zip "loose". So, unzip, and if I don`t see the ".mod" file, pull it and any folders out and drop it, as is inside zip, in mod folder. Correct? I don`t have to pull every folder out, do I? Like the common/decisions/events/etc. folders and .txt files stay in the folder they`re in, meaning I`m just dropping their folder and the .mod file into the "mod" folder, right?

Sorry. Total noob with CK2 stuff. I hope someone can understand that abortion of a paragraph I wrote.^^^

I have to say, compared to modding Skyrim, this seems incredibly simple. I hope it actually is. So tired of the constant maintenance.

25 minutes ago, rcy68 said:

What a coincidence. I`m trying CK2 for the first time, and was wondering if I leave the mods in a folder in the "mod" folder, or have what`s in the zip "loose". So, unzip, and if I don`t see the ".mod" file, pull it and any folders out and drop it, as is inside zip, in mod folder. Correct? I don`t have to pull every folder out, do I? Like the common/decisions/events/etc. folders and .txt files stay in the folder they`re in, meaning I`m just dropping their folder and the .mod file into the "mod" folder, right?

Sorry. Total noob with CK2 stuff. I hope someone can understand that abortion of a paragraph I wrote.^^^

I have to say, compared to modding Skyrim, this seems incredibly simple. I hope it actually is. So tired of the constant maintenance.

The zip is just to hold the mod folder and the .mod file

After you extract the mod folder and it's .mod file you just get rid of the zip and leave what came out of it there. 

You should never have to pull the .mod file from anything manually.

26 minutes ago, Alaratt said:

The zip is just to hold the mod folder and the .mod file

After you extract the mod folder and it's .mod file you just get rid of the zip and leave what came out of it there. 

You should never have to pull the .mod file from anything manually.

I think maybe my 7zip is messed up, then. When I unzip them, it`s like the .zip folder turns into a regular folder, with a folder and .mod file inside. But I still have the .zip folder. Strange.

Thanks. I guess I`ll get back to unzipping. The boring kind of unzipping.

4 hours ago, rcy68 said:

I think maybe my 7zip is messed up, then. When I unzip them, it`s like the .zip folder turns into a regular folder, with a folder and .mod file inside. But I still have the .zip folder. Strange.

Thanks. I guess I`ll get back to unzipping. The boring kind of unzipping.

Using a mac? That is the only time I have heard of that happening.

10 hours ago, Alaratt said:

Using a mac? That is the only time I have heard of that happening.

Windows 7.

I had to reinstall 7zip awhile back. It hasn`t worked "normal" since I did. But it works good enough, so I never really gave a shit. It zips and unzips. I just can`t right-click a file and get the proper options. I have to open 7zip to do anything with it.

But anyway...

Holy crap, I am so lost playing this damn game. The Spiffing Brit makes it look so easy. But I shall endeavor to persevere. Started as a landless tentacle creature. Can`t figure out how to get permission from my regent to do anything. Which is weird, since she`s my slavewife and worships me. Ah, well. I`ll figure it out, provided I didn`t bork something. I have 0 DLC, so that might be an issue, since most people don`t seem to know if I need them for their mods. I`d make a joke about pirating the DLC($200+ worth of DLC?!), but ya`ll seem quite rabidly against that sort of heinous behavior. Fuck poor people. That scum doesn`t deserve fun. Misery builds character. If they need money, why don`t they just get a Patreon and beg for it, like the cool people do(streamers, not modders. Modders actually have to know stuff).

Sorry. You know how us old people are. But don`t worry. Covid will get me eventually.

COMPLETELY off topic question:

Spoiler

The tooltip is driving me crazy. Huge block of crap instantly blocking my view. There HAS to be a mod somewhere to add a delay. Anyone?

I could search for the proper forum(I looked for awhile...nothing), OR I could just ask here where someone is almost guaranteed to know.

Sorry.

Hey there everyone! I recently started playing the Faerun total conversion mod. While I'm fully aware that this mod and the total conversion mod are not compatible I can't seem to understand why LF (and ABM) doesn't even trigger on startup. I have a little modding experience but I can't find the problem :/ Thanks for any help you can give me!

I do not know if this has been asked before but what happened to vampires? The ACM cheat menu mod no logner has classic monster races. I Kinda certain that werewolves still exist but typing in vampire traits does not seem to work. Not even lf_vampire works. when i poked around in the files there was no longer any GFX for the trait.

1 hour ago, Ryderflyer said:

I do not know if this has been asked before but what happened to vampires? The ACM cheat menu mod no logner has classic monster races. I Kinda certain that werewolves still exist but typing in vampire traits does not seem to work. Not even lf_vampire works. when i poked around in the files there was no longer any GFX for the trait.

Vampires and Werewolves traits were removed some time back.

9 hours ago, Ryderflyer said:

Really? Why so? They were, weirdly enough, one of the few good werewolf and vampire experiences in the CK2 modding scene all the other Vampire mods are either too big of an overhaul, too overpowered/weak or they are just not being updated anymore.

Neither were mine, and neither I really had any interest in continuing to support.

On 1/8/2021 at 9:27 PM, baunhoc123 said:

why is it that my game always start with Dark World Reborn is not installed no matter what I do, it still won't detect DWR

Have you tried clicking "Other Mod Options"?