[mod] [CK2] Luxuria Fantasia - Updated: 23AUG20

25 minutes ago, R0nin78 said:

Anyway... Drow England is now a thing. I started out on the Isle of Man in the Charlemagne bookmark with a female drow. Gave her the level 3 martial education and a stack of 3k event troops via console magic. It took less than 20 years in game to form England after declaring a bunch of holy wars. Lolth religion is awesome. I sold all viable prisoners to house Irae and got lucky with a male spymaster, so at this point in the game, she has three pureblood children by him. I've noticed that Lolth characters are highly vulnerable to conversion, so it's been really difficult to keep the catholics from turning them. I can't convert provinces fast enough to keep up with all the revolts, so it's been an interesting game.

?

This gives me ideas for fixes/QoL changes.

10 minutes ago, lockeslylcrit said:

?

This gives me ideas for fixes/QoL changes.

Might want to give the event spawned priestesses better stats. It may help with conversions. I'll give it a try later by changing the code to add extra learning and a trait or two, and see what happens, but when the religion starts out with such low moral authority, it's never going to be easy to keep the catholics at bay. It's not to the point where it's totally unplayable (At least not for me) but then I like things to be a bit challenging and fighting three catholic revolts at once is definitely a challenge when you haven't even recovered your full levies from the last war.

55 minutes ago, R0nin78 said:

Might want to give the event spawned priestesses better stats. It may help with conversions. I'll give it a try later by changing the code to add extra learning and a trait or two, and see what happens, but when the religion starts out with such low moral authority, it's never going to be easy to keep the catholics at bay. It's not to the point where it's totally unplayable (At least not for me) but then I like things to be a bit challenging and fighting three catholic revolts at once is definitely a challenge when you haven't even recovered your full levies from the last war.

Start offering your body to your priestesses to motivate them. ;)

3 hours ago, R0nin78 said:

I remember seeing something in the tooltip for the book artifact (Or maybe it was another) that said Kekvit usurped her position from a sibling, or some other relation, so that would certainly make for an interesting character to have show up at some point. 

Anyway... Drow England is now a thing. I started out on the Isle of Man in the Charlemagne bookmark with a female drow. Gave her the level 3 martial education and a stack of 3k event troops via console magic. It took less than 20 years in game to form England after declaring a bunch of holy wars. Lolth religion is awesome. I sold all viable prisoners to house Irae and got lucky with a male spymaster, so at this point in the game, she has three pureblood children by him. I've noticed that Lolth characters are highly vulnerable to conversion, so it's been really difficult to keep the catholics from turning them. I can't convert provinces fast enough to keep up with all the revolts, so it's been an interesting game.

I don't think there's anything inherent about lolth that's weak to conversion, just that moral authority is very low because they start out at 20% for an organized religion, and only very slowly gain more if you win holy wars or take holy sites, and from the sounds of it you have between 1 and 3 holy sites. So still fairly low moral authority.

I'm planning on adding religious events to increase moral authority. It's just on the backburner right now.

Also, I find it kinda amusing and sad at the same time that a mod I've worked on for a little over two weeks now has almost the same amount of downloads as a Minecraft modpack I worked on for several months. Sex sells, I guess. ;)

Oh, and yes, that modpack does include House Irae too.

2 hours ago, lockeslylcrit said:

I'm planning on adding religious events to increase moral authority. It's just on the backburner right now.

Also, I find it kinda amusing and sad at the same time that a mod I've worked on for a little over two weeks now has almost the same amount of downloads as a Minecraft modpack I worked on for several months. Sex sells, I guess. ;)

Oh, and yes, that modpack does include House Irae too.

Religious events to increase moral authority could be fun, but my mind is in the gutter as ever and it's probably nothing like what I was thinking.

I could never get into Minecraft, but I've logged at least 900 hours in CK2, and only got into modding myself, because I couldn't stand some of the changes conclave brought on. I had a friend teach me how easy it was to get rid of that "Powerful vassal" nonsense and I've been screwing around with modding ever since. 

I tested a few things and it looks like it's just the low moral authority of the religion that's doing it. I had a priest with 32 learning get converted by our neighboring catholic rulers, so it has nothing to do with stats. I also used the console to win 20 holy wars in a row and that did help. higher moral authority = lower conversion chance and at around 70-80 moral authority, the realm is stable and I can count on my vassals to help me convert the provinces I haven't converted yet. I think constantly raiding and eventually capturing the Pope in Rome helped as well. House Irae should offer a bonus when you sell them a Pope :P

I'm going to try another campaign today as a male drow, starting in one of the provinces with a holy site and using no console magic to give me event troops, so we'll see how that one goes.

Awesome mod so far.

But one question how can I turn on Fenris random rapes on the player again? I kinda liked them and the randomness and how it might actually manipulate my bloodline.

PS: With patching DWTweaks to the newst version Fenris got his trait back

PS: Apparently Fenris can rape again with the new update... just wonder how he managed to make my vampiress a bitch now :D

People are always tossing out suggestions, but seeing as I know a little bit about modding, I thought I'd provide an example this time. Please feel free to use any of these changes in future versions of the mod

I had a look through the files and decided to share the tweaks I've made to the drow characters we're able to request from house Irae. I always felt like we weren't getting much value out of our 1500 favor when A) it takes three years to get one, and B) we received a priest/spymaster with such basic stats, so I made those characters a bit better. I gave them a base 7 health to prevent them from dying to poor health, which has happened several times in my test games, then I made them all attractive (Because let's face it, most are.) and quick, while adding a couple points to their base stats to be more in line with a ruler designer character. Then I cleaned up the trait list a bit, because I'm OCD about how traits appear in game and wanted the drow trait to appear before the others (attractive, quick, breasts, etc.) I also changed random traits = yes to random traits = no on the spymaster, because it was creating some strange combinations. My reasoning behind these changes was simple. If drow characters are going to be rare, I wanted them to be above average. Here's the file

Good timing on that update. My game took an ugly turn when someone (Likely all the non-Lolth nobles I conquered) decided to murder my character and leave her empire in the hands of a 10 year-old. Does it work with saved games, or should I start a new one?

It should (mostly) work with previous saved games. No promises.

People are always tossing out suggestions, but seeing as I know a little bit about modding, I thought I'd provide an example this time. Please feel free to use any of these changes in future versions of the mod

I had a look through the files and decided to share the tweaks I've made to the drow characters we're able to request from house Irae. I always felt like we weren't getting much value out of our 1500 favor when A) it takes three years to get one, and B) we received a priest/spymaster with such basic stats, so I made those characters a bit better. I gave them a base 7 health to prevent them from dying to poor health, which has happened several times in my test games, then I made them all attractive (Because let's face it, most are.) and quick, while adding a couple points to their base stats to be more in line with a ruler designer character. Then I cleaned up the trait list a bit, because I'm OCD about how traits appear in game and wanted the drow trait to appear before the others (attractive, quick, breasts, etc.) I also changed random traits = yes to random traits = no on the spymaster, because it was creating some strange combinations. My reasoning behind these changes was simple. If drow characters are going to be rare, I wanted them to be above average. Here's the file

The drow are rare because they are unique. You either have to start as one, or suck up to House Irae. The other races are handed out like candy, both in DWTW (Recruit Exotic Race decision) and in other mods (DWBH has the elf in the hunting events, you can sell a dragon egg and get any exotic race you want in DWSE, etc). If you wanna flood the world with drow, you're gonna have to work for it :P

It's more of a balance thing. Spymasters and priests/priestesses are not that great because they are only 1500 favor. Children cost more, but you can groom them however you want and always comes with Attractive with a chance of getting another favorable congenital trait. Plus them always being of your dynasty without being bastard children is a bonus.

I wanted to fire the invasion for testing purposes, but when I do, Laela spawns a new dynasty (Same name, but not related to Kekvit) and she has the misguided warrior trait. I figured I was either firing the wrong event/firing under the wrong conditions, or this was unintended, so I wanted to let you know. Nice work on the portraits and the event pics btw!

52 minutes ago, R0nin78 said:

I wanted to fire the invasion for testing purposes, but when I do, Laela spawns a new dynasty (Same name, but not related to Kekvit) and she has the misguided warrior trait. I figured I was either firing the wrong event/firing under the wrong conditions, or this was unintended, so I wanted to let you know. Nice work on the portraits and the event pics btw!

Use DWTweaksLaela.10 (after 1000) or DWTweaksLaela.101 (900 and up) to start the event chain, otherwise things get kinda messy

10 minutes ago, R0nin78 said:

Thanks!

Let me know if anything bugs out. I fully tested the questline up to and including the invasion, but not the special events since those require some hefty requirements. Think of them more of a rare easter egg I put in if you manage to get the requirements. 

6 minutes ago, R0nin78 said:

Waterlilly shows up at court (Love her portrait) and I sent word to Kekvit about the raid, but so far, no Laela anywhere in game. Is there a delay between the event firing and her being created?

Exactly two years. This event is your only warning. Fae rulers get this, everyone else gets taken by surprise.

Started a new game with the latest version in Wales, lolthian religion has worked fine until I managed to create the Kingdom of Wales title. At that point my ruler could not appoint females in the council or promote female commanders. It seems that the status of women set of laws is now selectable though, while before as a duke it wasn't and was maxed out.

Seems strange to me, since Lolth religion is flagged as feminist, so it should not behave like this...

8 minutes ago, psword said:

Started a new game with the latest version in Wales, lolthian religion has worked fine until I managed to create the Kingdom of Wales title. At that point my ruler could not appoint females in the council or promote female commanders. It seems that the status of women set of laws is now selectable though, while before as a duke it wasn't and was maxed out.

Seems strange to me, since Lolth religion is flagged as feminist, so it should not behave like this...

Yeah, status of women laws revert back to default as soon as you create a higher tier title. I noticed that when I made an empire during my last game. ALL my vassals were women, so I was pretty much screwed with no suitable council members.

Laela spawned in Desmond (Ireland) in the court of the present ruler. She's literally four provinces away from my main province in the custom Kingdom I created. Why do I get the feeling I'm about to be invaded?

Forgot to mention that her dynasty is not linked to the main house Irae.