[mod] [CK2] Luxuria Fantasia - Updated: 23AUG20

Some more feedback:

The 3000 cost for a drow child seems excessive. Not only are their stats poor (no bonuses whatsoever), but there's 15 year wait until they're adults/usable. And that's assuming they actually survive to adulthood and don't get killed by disease, etc. It seems much better just to roll multiple spymasters or priestesses (who get numerous trait and stat bonuses) instead. The only possible circumstance in which I can find a use for requesting an adoption is if  your entire dynasty is incapable of making children, which seem extremely unlikely to happen.

Priestesses should come with the zealous trait, or some modifier preventing conversion. Since there is little content in the way of the new drow religions (events, artifacts, etc), there's little advantage in adopting them -- and much disadvantage, since you'll be considered a false faith by all your neighbours. cutting off diplomacy. So players have every reason to immediately convert priestesses to their own local religion on obtaining them, and just using them as normal courtiers with good stats. (In the future, they should probably have events which provide benefits, so players will have a good reason to take the risk of keeping a heretic around which may spread religion. They should also probably have events spreading their religion to courtiers, too, being priestesses and all.).

Spell character modifiers probably should be kept hidden, since if every spell had its own modifier, the modifier list would be a mess.

1 hour ago, veedanya said:

The only possible circumstance in which I can find a use for requesting an adoption is if  your entire dynasty is incapable of making children, which seem extremely unlikely to happen.

And that's why I put it there, as a prevention of an immediate or looming "oh shit" scenario involving succession. It's not an ideal solution, but it's there just in case. Also because the kid is a tabula rasa, so you can groom him/her however you want.

Priestesses should come with the zealous trait, or some modifier preventing conversion.

On it.

Spell character modifiers probably should be kept hidden, since if every spell had its own modifier, the modifier list would be a mess.

You can only ever have one spell from Deionarra since you can only receive a boon once per character, unless you cheat of course.

@lockeslylcrit:

Thanks a lot for your mods ?

Would it be possible to modify the event which let you sleep with a Captive after a siege? In my opinion it is pretty strange for a lesbian/gay charakter to choose a man respectively a women as a victory trophy. It would be much more realistic if the homosexual trait would let to female captives for lesbian characters and male captives for gay characters. Would be really awsome if you would change this ;)

Another minor request here: Can you add an overwrite to the Dark World Reborn dw_cc_decisions.txt? Apparently, by default, the AI will use character powers (like herimone's purity spell) -- but it has no real target discretion, meaning it basically casts spells on court members completely at random with no consideration if they're friend or foe. Since it operates on a fixed percent, that means the larger your court, the more of your population will become celibate and chaste... basically, the entire code is just a mess.

I'd recommend shutting down all AI usage of these spells with "ai_will_do = 0 " for all those DWR spells until they can be re-written properly (if they ever will be).

3 hours ago, psword said:

You're doing a great job with this mod, cheers!

I have an issue with DE Matriarchy though. A few days after changing the inheritance law, the game automatically reverts to agnatic-cognatic gavelkind.

Any idea what might be wrong?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'll definitely look into it. I've heard it's a problem with other mods with such laws as well

1 hour ago, Canderous89 said:

@lockeslylcrit:

Thanks a lot for your mods ?

Would it be possible to modify the event which let you sleep with a Captive after a siege? In my opinion it is pretty strange for a lesbian/gay charakter to choose a man respectively a women as a victory trophy. It would be much more realistic if the homosexual trait would let to female captives for lesbian characters and male captives for gay characters. Would be really awsome if you would change this ;)

That's a DWToska feature. I'll see if I can add in something for gay men and women, but no promises. Probably best to ask on the DWToska thread, as (if I remember correctly) a third party is keeping it updated.

43 minutes ago, veedanya said:

Another minor request here: Can you add an overwrite to the Dark World Reborn dw_cc_decisions.txt? Apparently, by default, the AI will use character powers (like herimone's purity spell) -- but it has no real target discretion, meaning it basically casts spells on court members completely at random with no consideration if they're friend or foe. Since it operates on a fixed percent, that means the larger your court, the more of your population will become celibate and chaste... basically, the entire code is just a mess.

I'd recommend shutting down all AI usage of these spells with "ai_will_do = 0 " for all those DWR spells until they can be re-written properly (if they ever will be).

Definitely a good idea. I'll put it in a future patch

The next update will be up after I sleep and test it. I spent 16 fucking hours looking at code trying to find the problem that was causing the gender law switch. I finally nailed down the culprit: Agnatic's default factor. More specifically, it will force gender laws back to it if you aren't a Christian or have Legal Status of Women 3 or 4. More more specifically, Dark World Beyond Heresy is at fault here as it uses the default succession_laws.txt file.

So bad news and good news. Bad news is that I absolutely cannot do anything about this problem since the solution would require me to add my own default succession_laws.txt file in the /laws/ folder, which will then conflict with DWBH's default file, and for some reason DWBH gets priority over which file is used. The good news is that I'm going to do this anyway by including a replacement file for DWBH. Because I absolutely, 100% hate the idea of modifying the files of other submod authors without their permission, I'm going to include a backup file along side it, in case you want to play with the original DWBH file. Both DWBH's default succession_laws.txt and my own default file are going to be exactly the same, with Aliris' edits untouched, sitting alongside my own edits. If you choose to use the replacement file, you will be able to use the full functionality of both DWTW and DWBH together as if nothing bad happened. If you don't use the replacement file, the Dark Elven Matriarchy will remain forever bugged. Eilistraee's Equality and Vhaeraun's Agnatic work fine, though.

Trust me when I say that if there was another way of doing this, I would jump on it in a heartbeat.

6 hours ago, lockeslylcrit said:

The next update will be up after I sleep and test it. I spent 16 fucking hours looking at code trying to find the problem that was causing the gender law switch. I finally nailed down the culprit: Agnatic's default factor. More specifically, it will force gender laws back to it if you aren't a Christian or have Legal Status of Women 3 or 4. More more specifically, Dark World Beyond Heresy is at fault here as it uses the default succession_laws.txt file.

So bad news and good news. Bad news is that I absolutely cannot do anything about this problem since the solution would require me to add my own default succession_laws.txt file in the /laws/ folder, which will then conflict with DWBH's default file, and for some reason DWBH gets priority over which file is used. The good news is that I'm going to do this anyway by including a replacement file for DWBH. Because I absolutely, 100% hate the idea of modifying the files of other submod authors without their permission, I'm going to include a backup file along side it, in case you want to play with the original DWBH file. Both DWBH's default succession_laws.txt and my own default file are going to be exactly the same, with Aliris' edits untouched, sitting alongside my own edits. If you choose to use the replacement file, you will be able to use the full functionality of both DWTW and DWBH together as if nothing bad happened. If you don't use the replacement file, the Dark Elven Matriarchy will remain forever bugged. Eilistraee's Equality and Vhaeraun's Agnatic work fine, though.

Trust me when I say that if there was another way of doing this, I would jump on it in a heartbeat.

I had this exact same issue just last week, when trying to get enatic laws to work. I also spent a full day trying to get gender succession laws to work. In the end, I just had to delete or merge all succession_laws.txt, and just use the one from School of Sappho. I recommend you take a glance of that since it's a confirmed working one, so emulating or copying it will guarantee a working one with no risks of unforeseen bugs. But be sure to remove any other succession_laws.txt since if any overwrite it, it stops working again.

Also, I've been told by other CK2 modders that succession laws are hardcoded (none can be added or removed, though existing ones can be modified or overwritten), so you cannot create your own unique ones. Which, if true, is precisely why you can't get your unique drow laws to work. Governments can be created, as can government_flavor, but never new succession laws.

I had this exact same issue just last week, when trying to get enatic laws to work. I also spent a full day trying to get gender succession laws to work. In the end, I just had to delete or merge all succession_laws.txt, and just use the one from School of Sappho. I recommend you take a glance of that since it's a confirmed working one, so emulating or copying it will guarantee a working one with no risks of unforeseen bugs. But be sure to remove any other succession_laws.txt since if any overwrite it, it stops working again.

And that's the problem. If there are any other succession_laws.txt from other mods, they will conflict, and I have absolutely no clue how the game picks which ones take priority. My own succession_laws.txt file I've edited works perfectly fine on its own, but when conflicts if used with DWBH. I cant just tell a zip file to delete another file, they can only extract and overwrite.

Also, I've been told by other CK2 modders that succession laws are hardcoded (none can be added or removed, though existing ones can be modified or overwritten), so you cannot create your own unique ones. Which, if true, is precisely why you can't get your unique drow laws to work. Governments can be created, as can government_flavor, but never new succession laws.

Succession laws are not hardcoded. Succession types are. I can make as many laws as I want but I'm still stuck with the usual succession = true_cognatic_succession (or whatever) types, which is fine since I don't need to change the types.

I looked at the dwtw_drow_laws file, and it looks like you're using "gender_laws = {" as the opening line, which is a succession type; it's the same category that things like cognatic, agnatic, and enatic succession types are listed under, which are the hardcoded categories. Or I would assume since at the very top of the file in vanilla CK2 it says, "# DO NOT ALTER THE NAME OR NUMBER OF THESE!" (sic).

You sure you didn't mean to use just "laws" (demense laws) or something else?

You're doing a fantastic job with this submod and I love how the dark elves have three different religions to choose from. Do you have any plans to add additional boons like peace deals, imperial marriages, etc. with the Drow Empire? 

A few small suggestions:

1. More ways to get dark elves into your court! 

2. More artifacts like the amulet and dagger. Maybe add a follow-up chain to the Matron event where you choose her instead of one of the children and if you do a really good job of satisfying her, you get an artifact, and if you fail miserably, she throws your ass out and you lose all the favor you have with her Empire? *Shrugs* Not sure how difficult that would be, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

3. An option to request a drow chancellor or marshal for 1500 favor would be awesome.  

1 hour ago, R0nin78 said:

You're doing a fantastic job with this submod and I love how the dark elves have three different religions to choose from. Do you have any plans to add additional boons like peace deals, imperial marriages, etc. with the Drow Empire? 

What you see right now was built from scratch, and it's still very much a work in progress. I assure you, there's more stuff coming in the pipeline. It's slow because my attention is primarily on the original focus of the mod (fixing DW).

Aaaaaaand speaking of fixing DW, 1.9 has been uploaded. This update took me WAY too long. I just said fuck it half way through and just cut most of the planned content just to get out the needed stuff.

If you use Dark World Beyond Heresy and/or School of Sappho, download and install the compatibility patch AFTER installing DWTW 1.9.

22 hours ago, lockeslylcrit said:

Thank you for looking into it. :) I got to the same conclusion too,  opted to make a test adding "enatic kingdoms" and playing with global equality turned on to see if it worked... and it worked. So yes, there's no other way around apart that.

You know, one other little thing that it would add flavor (although I have no idea if it's implementable), is to add the DE racial trait to all character of DE culture. I don't think many humans would willingly convert to the DE way of life and even if they did, they would never be accepted as equals being worth of assuming command places. Also, if I were a DE ruler, I would replace every human mayor and priest in my realm with DE ones as soon as possible, since my scope would be enslaving every non DE character in my lands.

Maybe making an additional event to insta-change a region culture, getting a huge revolt malus for a few years, that triggers the imprisoning of majors/priest and gives the DE racial trait to all new characters in that region, may give a little more flavor....  

9 hours ago, R0nin78 said:

Well what you're doing is a hell of a lot better than my solution of just removing all the DW content that was (As far as I was concerned) broken, and/or useless. I tried this mod for the fixes to DW and now you have me hooked on all this drow content :P

Thank you ^^ Because drow are bae, I take special effort to make sure the content's up to snuff.

8 hours ago, psword said:

You know, one other little thing that it would add flavor (although I have no idea if it's implementable), is to add the DE racial trait to all character of DE culture. I don't think many humans would willingly convert to the DE way of life and even if they did, they would never be accepted as equals being worth of assuming command places. Also, if I were a DE ruler, I would replace every human mayor and priest in my realm with DE ones as soon as possible, since my scope would be enslaving every non DE character in my lands.

Maybe making an additional event to insta-change a region culture, getting a huge revolt malus for a few years, that triggers the imprisoning of majors/priest and gives the DE racial trait to all new characters in that region, may give a little more flavor....  

Well the difference between culture and race is that culture is how you behave based on how you were raised, while race is simply what you were born as. You can have the customs and traditions of dark elves without being one yourself, and you can have the customs and traditions of the Irish (for example) as a full-blooded dark elf.

I may add in some extra replacement options for baron-tier vassals, but for the most part I'd like to keep full-blood dark elves rare (hence the high cost of recruiting them from House Irae).

Another recommendation and/or request: Some tuning on the tentacle spread, or some countermeasure against them. Right now, once they appear there's nothing you can do to stop them. You incur full tyranny penalty with vassal standings for jailing or killing tentacles, even if they've attack other courtiers. 

I'd recommend:

- Adding a restriction to the tentacle reproduction ability to prevent it from being used while in prison

- Reducing character health every time the tentacle reproduction ability is used (to help prevent runaway exponential growth by killing off tentacles once they reproduce too many times).

- Some sort of active action that can be taken against tentacles. Possibly having a tentacle reproduction ability have a high failure chance that can flag the caster as criminal (imprisonable). Or flagging the tentacle trait as a disease so it can be treated by doctors. 

Another recommendation and/or request: Some tuning on the tentacle spread, or some countermeasure against them. Right now, once they appear there's nothing you can do to stop them. You incur full tyranny penalty with vassal standings for jailing or killing tentacles, even if they've attack other courtiers. 

I'd recommend:

- Adding a restriction to the tentacle reproduction ability to prevent it from being used while in prison

- Reducing character health every time the tentacle reproduction ability is used (to help prevent runaway exponential growth by killing off tentacles once they reproduce too many times).

- Some sort of active action that can be taken against tentacles. Possibly having a tentacle reproduction ability have a high failure chance that can flag the caster as criminal (imprisonable). Or flagging the tentacle trait as a disease so it can be treated by doctors. 

That's a DWToska thing. You can change the from_potential of dw_spell_tentaclebeast in the /events/DWT_rape_decisions.txt file to have prisoner = no or something similar.

5 hours ago, lockeslylcrit said:

That's a DWToska thing. You can change the from_potential of dw_spell_tentaclebeast in the /events/DWT_rape_decisions.txt file to have prisoner = no or something similar.

You were right about the DWToska thing, my mistake. I just saw that the base DWReborn mod had a bunch of event files relating to tentacle attacks... but I missed that they were set to 0% use by the AI, so were kind of irrelevant. My bad.

2 hours ago, lockeslylcrit said:

Not much here in the way of fixes, just 15 new artifacts. Most of them have some lore behind them, and three have special effects.

In the meantime, I'm just gonna leave this here.

Sweet, more artifacts!

25 minutes ago, whateverdontcare said:

I love what you're doing with the dark elves. I just have to say their artifacts are kind of weak. 5,000 grace for a once in a lifetime opportunity and a special skill check just to get a dagger that takes up your ceremonial weapon slot and only gives 1 intrigue and 1 combat rating? That's pathetic.

The dagger (female player route) unlocks a special decision (right click menu on target character) to assassinate rivals. The amulet (male player route) unlocks an amulet that effectively casts constant heal spells on you, causing negative health statuses to vanish automatically.

Also, to the author: Any chance we could get occasional like/dislike changes for House Irae? I was unlucky enough to start in a location where the primary culture is the culture the House Irae they hate, meaning I'm effectively stuck at 50% favor gain from selling prisoners I get for any nearby wars. Occasional changes in like/hate similar to the Chinese empire would be nice. Maybe even consider adding rudimentary status changes in the future (celebrations, wars, etc, affecting the cost of some actions)

1.9.2 uploaded.

This has a fix for House Irae from not liking stuff, a change to the Statuette of Kekvit, and removed the ability for micro dicks/tits to spawn naturally.

The reason this update took me a while is because I was tinkering with the monthly_grace modifier. Through testing, I have found that while currency_gain = monthly_grace is not hardcoded and can be changed however you want, the actual monthly_grace is hardcoded. Even if you add in monthly_favor (for example) to the offmap_powers file and the modifier_definitions, no matter what you do you cannot use monthly_favor as a proper modifier for scripting. The game just doesn't recognize it. What this means is that until I rename currency_gain = monthly_grace in irae_offmap_powers.txt file to something different, any monthly gain you get from China using this modifier will also apply to House Irae (and vice versa). I had planned to do monthly_grace for an artifact, but instead I had to rely on an on_yearly_pulse hack.

I noticed something strange when I started a game as Richard the Lionheart when he becomes King of England. Kekvit's portrait doesn't show up. Instead, she appears as a western female child. Not sure what's causing it, but I thought I'd let you know since I doubt that's intended. I also randomly got the possessed trait after receiving the statue of Kekvit. Is that intended?