Would anyone be intersted in a mod like this?

Kain82

I am thinking about making a mod like Amourous Adventures for Skyrim but for FO4.  I've never made a mod for FO4 but have modded for Skyrim and all the way back to Morrowind.  My first target will be Piper since she's the first female companion you meet.  Oh yeah the mod will mostly focus on m/f relationships.  Though I can't see why you couldn't play a female and romance other females.  Like AA the mod will use spliced dialogue.  If I could get permission I would like to use Leito's Animations and Atomic Lust.  Anyway I haven't begun work on this yet.  Just wanted to know if there was any interest.  So let me know.

Okay so I read up on RSE, it has a lot of features.  Some features I like some I don't.  The goal of my mod is for the player to become a Casanova type character.  They will do favors for certain npc's and be rewarded with sex like in AA for Skyrim.  After the initial sexual encounter you have the option to making them your lover.  You could have as many lovers as you want.  Once someone hopefully creates 3 way sex (2 girls 1 guy) if given permission I will add it.  So some if not all the women will know of each other.  Unless that is if you want some consequences to being caught like described in the RSE RCO paragraph?  I don't know the mod is still in the brainstorming stage.  In my current playthrough I have not met Piper yet, so I can't explore her dialogue options. 

1 hour ago, Kain82 said:

Okay so I read up on RSE, it has a lot of features.  Some features I like some I don't.  The goal of my mod is for the player to become a Casanova type character.  They will do favors for certain npc's and be rewarded with sex like in AA for Skyrim.  After the initial sexual encounter you have the option to making them your lover.  You could have as many lovers as you want.  Once someone hopefully creates 3 way sex (2 girls 1 guy) if given permission I will add it.  So some if not all the women will know of each other.  Unless that is if you want some consequences to being caught like described in the RSE RCO paragraph?  I don't know the mod is still in the brainstorming stage.  In my current playthrough I have not met Piper yet, so I can't explore her dialogue options. 

Either way you need to start by exploring these potential lovers in Fallout, so that you can think of some clever quests and encounters.

3 hours ago, DzOnIxD said:

Either way you need to start by exploring these potential lovers in Fallout, so that you can think of some clever quests and encounters.

Yes I know.  I have already a small list of female characters I remembered like Piper, Cait,, Curie, Desdemona, the female Synth that's with the RR, and the woman who owns that memory place in Goodneighbor.  Those are just a few of the npc's I have in mind.  The only tedious part is splicing the dialogue together and making a coherent questline.  Also I forgot to mention eventually I would like to make a patch for the "Nora Spouse Companion mod."  Cause it was having both Nora and Curie that gave me the idea.

3 hours ago, Leito86 said:

God speed.

Yeah, you can use my animations, although it'll be great if you could make it compatible with AAF so all animations are centralized.

Thank you for your blessing.  :)I love your animations and the fact you added sound fx makes it sweeter.  As for AAF.  Yes the mod will be using AAF so all animation mods will be compatible.

If anyone has a suggestion for a name for the mod.  Go right ahead.  Originally this mod was going to be centered on Curie, cause I love her.  The mod was to be called "Synthetic Love."  I've been thinking "Welcome to the Cummonwealth."  That's all I got for now name wise.  Been busy writing down ideas.  I still have to install Geck, and read the Wiki.  It should be the same process as Skyrim SE.

Okay, so I've been reading the Geck Wiki and have been playing Fallout.  I am on my way to Diamond City.  If I remember correctly you get the quest to save Nick from his secretary?  Then when you rescue him she is grateful.  Well now with my mod she will be really grateful.  I forgot what she looks like vanilla but I have her modded and she's good looking.  So I'll make her romanceable.

7 hours ago, Kain82 said:

Okay, so I've been reading the Geck Wiki and have been playing Fallout.  I am on my way to Diamond City.  If I remember correctly you get the quest to save Nick from his secretary?  Then when you rescue him she is grateful.  Well now with my mod she will be really grateful.  I forgot what she looks like vanilla but I have her modded and she's good looking.  So I'll make her romanceable.

Integrating things like these in vanilla quests sounds immersive af. There are a lot of female NPCs in the vanilla game that aren't "grateful" enough.

8 hours ago, DzOnIxD said:

Integrating things like these in vanilla quests sounds immersive af. There are a lot of female NPCs in the vanilla game that aren't "grateful" enough.

Yep, that is the point of the mod.  All I have to do is write down the female npc's that give quests, and see if they're good looking vanilla, or if there's a mod that pretties them up.  We need a Bijin type of mod for FO4.  Also if I remember correctly the player can have sex with Magnolia in a fade to black scene?  Well in my mod the scene will play out and you will have the option to make her your lover.  As a lover you can ask her for sex whenever you want and she will comply.  If she has enough voice files I can splice the dialogue making her ask for sex.  Like in Amorous Adventures for Skyrim which this mod is based on.

15 hours ago, Kain82 said:

Yep, that is the point of the mod.  All I have to do is write down the female npc's that give quests, and see if they're good looking vanilla, or if there's a mod that pretties them up.  We need a Bijin type of mod for FO4.  Also if I remember correctly the player can have sex with Magnolia in a fade to black scene?  Well in my mod the scene will play out and you will have the option to make her your lover.  As a lover you can ask her for sex whenever you want and she will comply.  If she has enough voice files I can splice the dialogue making her ask for sex.  Like in Amorous Adventures for Skyrim which this mod is based on.

How about after "hunter/hunted", the synth K1-98/Jenny doesn't look to bad even in vanilla.

14 hours ago, peculiaris said:

How about after "hunter/hunted", the synth K1-98/Jenny doesn't look to bad even in vanilla.

Sure.  I just have to remember who that is. lol  But I will look her up and add her to the list.  If there are anymore you can think of let me know. :)

Edit:  You know what could cut some time?  If you and anyone else can request an npc and their affiliated quests.

9 hours ago, tlrd said:

So you want some Suggestions...k

All female follower (obviously)

Rowdy

Lucy Abernathy

Cricket

Emogene Cabot

Deb

Geneva

Yes all female.  The list looks great.  Since I forgot what most of them look like, I will look them up.

1 hour ago, RoxyLalonde said:

i'd certainly be interested.. amorous adventures was great fun, it'd be super cool to see a similar styled mod for fallout

Thanks.  I too enjoyed AA and wanted to see a similar mod.  My first tests will be Nick's secretary and Piper.  I've begun work on the secretary.

This is the replacer I am using for her:

14363-0-1464543635.jpg

You can get it here:  https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14363

Seems like an exciting mod, can't wait.

Some NPC suggestions (most of these have good face overhauls on nexus) :

The mechanist (if you spare her, she lonely. ? )

Overseer Gwen Mcnamara (she seems to like you from the start by risking letting you in and seems very grateful after saving Austin)

Maybe romance one of the doctors on the commonwealth? Patricia Montgomery, Doc Anderson (can send her to settlement), Rachel (vault 81)

Avery (She's a raider from silver shroud quest right-hand of Sinjin,her dialogue once spared shows her complete awe and belief in the shroud, so this could present an opportunity for the player to romance, for example making her dump Sinjin for the Player before the fight)

K1-98 (She's the synth girl you can save during the main quest hunter/hunted after killing a courser)

Anne Hargraves (she's a radio broadcaster that you can hire to your settlement)

Tina De Luca

Quest ideas: Implement a generic romance quest for settler voice-types as they are the most flexible excluding companions.

Also, you said you would like to patch the Nora companion mod, I think you could implement a more flexible affinity system. For example when meeting her while wearing the wedding ring still get a +affinity boost, meet her without one and with a romanced companion that's giving flirty comments around her and get a negative reaction and a large affinity penalty (perhaps even leading to a mini quest to make-up eh? ?) you could also make a patch for family planning regarding affinity and dialogue :)

On 10/14/2018 at 4:53 PM, Durante said:

Seems like an exciting mod, can't wait.

Some NPC suggestions (most of these have good face overhauls on nexus) :

The mechanist (if you spare her, she lonely. ? )

Overseer Gwen Mcnamara (she seems to like you from the start by risking letting you in and seems very grateful after saving Austin)

Maybe romance one of the doctors on the commonwealth? Patricia Montgomery, Doc Anderson (can send her to settlement), Rachel (vault 81)

Avery (She's a raider from silver shroud quest right-hand of Sinjin,her dialogue once spared shows her complete awe and belief in the shroud, so this could present an opportunity for the player to romance, for example making her dump Sinjin for the Player before the fight)

K1-98 (She's the synth girl you can save during the main quest hunter/hunted after killing a courser)

Anne Hargraves (she's a radio broadcaster that you can hire to your settlement)

Tina De Luca

Quest ideas: Implement a generic romance quest for settler voice-types as they are the most flexible excluding companions.

Also, you said you would like to patch the Nora companion mod, I think you could implement a more flexible affinity system. For example when meeting her while wearing the wedding ring still get a +affinity boost, meet her without one and with a romanced companion that's giving flirty comments around her and get a negative reaction and a large affinity penalty (perhaps even leading to a mini quest to make-up eh? ?) you could also make a patch for family planning regarding affinity and dialogue :)

Those are all great ideas and for some of those npc's I won't have to create a quest.  For example using sex as a reward.  I have copied the names to my notepad.  I will check the settler voice files as you recommended.  As for Nora those are good ideas also.  The current goal I have with her is to have a threesome with her and your LI (my favorite's are Curie and Piper.)  And to ultimately accept your flirtatious ways.  But I do like your idea of lower affinity while flirting with another and it leading up to a makeup quest.  As for family planning.  I have to read up more on that mod. :)

On 9/27/2018 at 6:45 PM, Kain82 said:

Great to see interest.  As for AAF compatibility?  Yes it will be.  As for RSE?  I don't know what that is?

AAF support means I will probably try when I get some more free time(Working too much lately!). I find the ideas pretty interesting. As far as what I will likely use most of the time it's going to be probably AAF + RSE then rotate through the rest, keeping what I find to be cool and fitting in well.

I'm interested in making my own mod when work hopefully slows down for me, so I think the best way to learn will be to try out many mods here & choose some to study in depth how they did it in the CK/scripts. I won't copy of course but want to simply learn general structure, effective methods, etc. I'll probably start with a minimalist personal mod where I'd make some custom animations that at first only play via AAF's main menu, one of the many fantastic things about AAF is that it will make it far easier to test animations. It's a relief that when I will be simply testing & experimenting with custom made animations I won't also have to juggle scripts around, likely this experimentation process will involve going in game many dozens of times to figure out fully what I want to do after also realizing what I can realistically do. I think AAF will be a huge boost for newcomers having a more clear path toward beginning as animation modders here & this will really help ensure steady content for a long time.

Later I'd try experiments like when the player plays a particular idle for it to also trigger a specified script sequence. It'll take some experimenting to find best way to trigger script sequence since I imagine a script monitoring player's current animation/current idle every second may not be efficient. So many mods rely on script load being kept under control so what I am certain of is that I wish to avoid causing issues for those script-centric mods by trying to be as low impact as reasonably possible.

For what this would mean, I am currently thinking of variants of stagger or of the paired animations in base game like player tripping or throwing the enemy in combat. Getting hit by these would probably deal some damage & also contain a chance of followup animation. Stage 1: Getting melee attacked -> Stage 2: Off balance animation -> Stage 3: Heavy stun or light knockdown -> Stage 4: Stunned on the ground -> Stage 5: KO'd or Surrendered or Restrained.

Spoiler

Stage 1: Nothing happens besides from vanilla. Getting hit a lot, especially by Power Attacks or a stronger enemy can cause higher stage effect.

Stage 2: Animation similar to in UFC/Fight Night if stunned but not screen-flashing-red critical(just as example, I do not like flashing screen effect personally). Will trigger if player is getting hit a lot(will happen more quickly via Power Attack/somewhat stronger enemy) or can happen immediately if enemy is quite a bit stronger than the player(higher level &/or SPECIAL)

Stage 3: Animation similar to when critically hit in UFC/FN or Danger Status in FFXV, a bit more of a prolonged stun & if attacked in this state can lead to 4/5. It would be challenging/requiring a lot of custom animation but perhaps could lead to staggered animations in a FO4 version of Danger Status where you're unable to attack. This would suggest a character is probably 75% towards defeat. Will require being at low health or a single attack taking about 50% or more of max HP in one hit. Generally will be only from getting hit by power attacks or by an enemy that is far stronger than the player. From full health this would likely only happen from getting hit by Super Mutant Behemoth, or a leader/Legendary enemy if you travel far south too early, enemies that generally would be unbeatable without cheats/easy mode. I would say 15 levels higher than low level player or 1.5x player level otherwise. Perhaps this state would mean being unable to open Pipboy/use Stimpaks/etc, will experiment with it.

Stage 4: Will trigger if player is at very low health or if a single attack takes 75% or more in 1 hit. This is an almost defeated state, will take time to recover & getting hit again without time to recover will lead to Stage 5. Likely can't Stimpak while recovering. If enemy has restraints they can use them on the player now. Sexual Harassment could come into play now. 

Stage 5: Getting hit at less than 10% HP will generally cause Defeated state(if it doesn't trigger a killmove). Character is either knocked out cold, entirely surrendered to the enemy or was stunned and the enemy was able to bind them in restraints, effectively capturing them. If it happened due to player being KO'd or restrained then they may rely on any companion to save them, if surrendered/submit to enemy then generally not. Surrendering will dismiss companion back to most recent place & might reduce affinity. If they've got maximum affinity perhaps they still try to save you.

AP being very low might make higher stage happen more easily, while AP being full might make it less likely to happen. Getting hit by a Power Attack without blocking or by any attack with a mistimed block would be considered a sort of blindside. Mistiming a block on a Power Attack by a stronger enemy may be how higher stages often trigger. "In 1 hit" triggers will generally only happen if you go to the south region while near Level 1 or are playing on Survival Mode.

Special mechanics:

CQC abilities could trigger high stage stun sooner.

Dom characters can make characters surrender more easily, especially if target character is sub. They will want enemy to surrender, and this will make them less likely to kill the enemy. They could become more susceptible to KO/major stun if Frustration is high, especially if maxed. They would be far less likely to surrender. Since Doms mainly get advantages: Maybe on Survival mode they require more food/water/rest, more susceptible to radiation damage and have a harder time raising affinity with companions?

Subs are always more likely to surrender. They may be harder to KO & may remain able to act while stage 3/4 while willpower/spirit/self esteem are high. If these are low then they get no benefits and they're increasingly likely to surrender. Since they're otherwise pretty disadvantaged, maybe they should have a benefit like needing less food/water/rest on Survival mode, resistance to radiation? Subs can't dominate people but probably have an easier time raising affinity with companions.

About three-way animations I wonder if team attacks could be possible? Though this is mostly theorycrafting sort of stuff as I've not been able to evaluate what the possibilities are.

I'd most like to have things kick in dynamically in combat if I can figure out a smart way to do that. I can't write romance of course but I guess my head canon would be that there are probably some of the people among romance-able partners who can teach the player skills like CQC or some martial arts. I'm going to do some experiments to see what I can do with scripts & also what I can figure out regarding how to make with custom animations. There are some in depth romanceable characters like Ivy so IMO it's plausible that some can teach the player special skills. Though creating a complete system of doing/unlocking this kind of stuff via a romance or quests may be far beyond my level of ambitions.

On 10/15/2018 at 8:56 PM, Kain82 said:

Those are all great ideas and for some of those npc's I won't have to create a quest.  For example using sex as a reward.  I have copied the names to my notepad.  I will check the settler voice files as you recommended.  As for Nora those are good ideas also.  The current goal I have with her is to have a threesome with her and your LI (my favorite's are Curie and Piper.)  And to ultimately accept your flirtatious ways.  But I do like your idea of lower affinity while flirting with another and it leading up to a makeup quest.  As for family planning.  I have to read up more on that mod. :)

What would you think about making it so a companion can force the player to go along with them? Not outright slavery but I found it really fascinating how Sex Attributes Framework has NPCs being able to persuade the player, also S/D orientation as an element of personality. What if when player has relationship with this character, it becomes about the NPC's goals & those are quests for their romance? I envision it being a situation of them meeting the player and coming across a bit aggressively/too much. A Dom player character would shut them down but Sub or maybe also neutral player goes along with it or might be persuaded by the NPC which results in status as a dominated companion. The quest could offer the dynamic for a Sub player of eventually trying to escape or maybe they like that kind of relationship or give up on escaping? Escaping could require Willpower/Spirit/Self Esteem, being low in these 3 could mean dealing reduced damage. A Dom player could gain an enemy from this from rejecting the aggressive character or maybe they decide they don't like the player if the player seems very confident(rivalry?). What I think could be interesting is if it all were to sort of emerge based on the player's choices in situations.

Player's choices, illustrates the Sole Survivor's personality which can then guide major quest junctures. Through this it will feel a lot more dynamic, and the result could potentially surprise the player. What's most fascinating about the Sex Attributes mod is that it represents a part of the player's personality emerging through gameplay, which could then affect other mods.

Just a random, not-completely-formed idea I have that I suspect you would handle better than I would since writing & quest design aren't really my kind of thing. I understand the basics of the quest system, I'm more referring to actually making the quests interesting & fun to play.

On 10/16/2018 at 5:56 AM, Kain82 said:

I will check the settler voice files as you recommended.

Good on ya. If you want to save time, there's already mods on Nexus that filtered out the flirty dialogue from settlers, those are "icebreaker-settlements-settler dialogue overhaul alternate version 1" in particular a large variety is found in  "flirty commonwealth"

7 hours ago, DzOnIxD said:

Any updates on this mod you're willing to share?

Well nothing new yet.  I am still doing my playthrough.  Taking on as many quests as I can for female npc's.  The good news is that creating quests and dialogue is the same as in Skyrim.  So once I have the data I can start.  The only headache will be splicing the dialogue together.  But other than that I am content.

Archived