Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

22 hours ago, aurreth said:

EDIT:  In the Locked Away quest, Laura_SecureBeltQuest, dialogue Laura_SecureBeltQuest_BeltDia14 is "I'll unlock the door for you."  After this, insert a check for "bedroll unlocked".  If not unlocked, add a dialogue line "You know, I think you enjoyed your little stay in there.  Feel free to sleep in there if you need a place to rest."  Set unlocked to 1, which enables the initially disabled bedroll.

Now I just have to figure out how to do it lol

Yup, the whole dialog thing in CK is just confusing as hell.  I want to add one dialog that will unlock a bedroll.  I can sort of see how to add that in... but have no idea how to link things to add it to the sequence so it plays after Laura_SecureBeltQuest_BeltDia14.  I'm guessing I need to uncheck Goodbye for that particular one since it won't be the last... except it WILL be the last if the bedroll is already unlocked.  Doesn't help that Dialogue View is supposed to be a flow chart (?), but was designed by someone who apparently never read the chapter from CompSci 101 which explains what a flow chart is.  I mean it's a dialogue tree, it should look like, ya know, a tree!

Laura, you have my undying admiration for having figured all of this out.

3 hours ago, aurreth said:

Yup, the whole dialog thing in CK is just confusing as hell.  I want to add one dialog that will unlock a bedroll.  I can sort of see how to add that in... but have no idea how to link things to add it to the sequence so it plays after Laura_SecureBeltQuest_BeltDia14.  I'm guessing I need to uncheck Goodbye for that particular one since it won't be the last... except it WILL be the last if the bedroll is already unlocked.  Doesn't help that Dialogue View is supposed to be a flow chart (?), but was designed by someone who apparently never read the chapter from CompSci 101 which explains what a flow chart is.  I mean it's a dialogue tree, it should look like, ya know, a tree!

Laura, you have my undying admiration for having figured all of this out.

If I recall correctly, the next dialogue is stored in the preceding one.

19 hours ago, Tetras66 said:

If I recall correctly, the next dialogue is stored in the preceding one.

There's a sequence record (SEQ) someplace that has to be updated.  It's included in the mod files, but it's binary so SSEEdit is no help there :/

Eh, no worries.  Adding a bedroll is simple, I was just kinda hoping to add in an explanation for one as well, since to me it feels like an oversight.  Mind you that's not a criticism of Laura's work, but she can't think of everything  :)

Edited by aurreth
10 minutes ago, aurreth said:

There's a sequence record (SEQ) someplace that has to be updated.  It's included in the mod files, but it's binary so SSEEdit is no help there :/

Eh, no worries.  Adding a bedroll is simple, I was just kinda hoping to add in an explanation for one as well, since it to me it feels like an oversight.  Mind you that's not a criticism of Laura's work, but she can't think of everything  :)

Novice modder here, but I'm only aware of SEQ files being needed if a quest starts on load and most mods don't do this (they 'cheat' by activating themselves). If it does use one, I think you can just re-generate it and overwrite ?

Edited by Tetras66
1 hour ago, Tetras66 said:

Novice modder here, but I'm only aware of SEQ files being needed if a quest starts on load and most mods don't do this (they 'cheat' by activating themselves). If it does use one, I think you can just re-generate it and overwrite ?

Oh I figured it would generate automagically someway lol  I'm just finding the entire dialogue system to be a hot mess of incredibly bad design.  Dialogue View can't be resized and by default shows everything stacked on top if each other.  Player Dialogue is a list, but they aren't in order and I can't find where on that tab it shows linking/progression.  And why, exactly, are there multiple tabs to perform apparently the same function? 

Anyway, I figure it out or I don't  :)   Mostly I'm just fiddling while waiting on the next installment.

EDIT:  Aaaaaand never mind.  I can't get any scripts to compile.  I forgot how much of a mess it was to gather all the required source files into one place to do the simplest thing with SexLab.  Seriously, someone needs to gather ALL of the development files into one place, not scattered across a dozen required mods, many of which do not include the development files and need to be hunted down across Github, Google Drive, etc.  Or at least make a post linking to them. 

And that's before dealing with the confusion with Scripts/Source and Source/Scripts.  I mean if this was Linux I could just link the directories, assuming I could figure out where exactly the CK is looking for the source files.

Edited by aurreth
2 hours ago, aurreth said:

Oh I figured it would generate automagically someway lol  I'm just finding the entire dialogue system to be a hot mess of incredibly bad design.  Dialogue View can't be resized and by default shows everything stacked on top if each other.  Player Dialogue is a list, but they aren't in order and I can't find where on that tab it shows linking/progression.  And why, exactly, are there multiple tabs to perform apparently the same function? 

Anyway, I figure it out or I don't  :)   Mostly I'm just fiddling while waiting on the next installment.

EDIT:  Aaaaaand never mind.  I can't get any scripts to compile.  I forgot how much of a mess it was to gather all the required source files into one place to do the simplest thing with SexLab.  Seriously, someone needs to gather ALL of the development files into one place, not scattered across a dozen required mods, many of which do not include the development files and need to be hunted down across Github, Google Drive, etc.  Or at least make a post linking to them. 

And that's before dealing with the confusion with Scripts/Source and Source/Scripts.  I mean if this was Linux I could just link the directories, assuming I could figure out where exactly the CK is looking for the source files.

Hah, yeah, I've had exactly the same issue with hunting down all the source files. I could probably help you to clarify most of those things, but I think best to PM at this point since it's going very off-topic.

1 hour ago, Tetras66 said:

Hah, yeah, I've had exactly the same issue with hunting down all the source files. I could probably help you to clarify most of those things, but I think best to PM at this point since it's going very off-topic.

I know, sorry, I get to bitching and go off on tangents.  I won't be offended if Laura deletes my whining lol

This is a personal issue, but i am currently using a vast number of npc overhaul mods to make the women "and some men" more beautiful, whilst i love this mod they have many a vanilla skyrim face, does anyone know if anyone has made a beautification version of this mod? if so link me?

21 minutes ago, carlos spicy wiener said:

I tried reloading and it still wont work

Are you waiting for Kat to speak, or starting a conversation ("E")?

EDIT:  If I remember right she will say something to you, but you have to initiate convesation with her to get your "Mmmpf" line and for things to continue.

Edited by aurreth
41 minutes ago, aurreth said:

Are you waiting for Kat to speak, or starting a conversation ("E")?

EDIT:  If I remember right she will say something to you, but you have to initiate convesation with her to get your "Mmmpf" line and for things to continue.

I am initiating the conversation and go through the dialog and the devices dont get removed after she says she will remove them and waiting for the dialog to continue

2 hours ago, carlos spicy wiener said:

I am having trouble with the first quest a strange rock I am at the very end and it isnt taking off the devices like it is supposed to any ideas. I am on the SE version

that's weird, because the scene prone to fail is Sona swapping the extreme hobbleskirt to a relaxed one.

Did you talk to Sona first? And have you updated your DDs to version 5 or 5.1?

3 hours ago, carlos spicy wiener said:

I am having trouble with the first quest a strange rock I am at the very end and it isnt taking off the devices like it is supposed to any ideas. I am on the SE version

A few things to check:

- is your DD install up-to-date?

- do other mods that explicitly require DD5.1 work fine?

- do you have mods installed that might have noticeable delaying effect on th execution of scripts?

- can you post a log? if it's an error with DD, said errors should be logged there

22 minutes ago, Taki17 said:

A few things to check:

- do you have mods installed that might have noticeable delaying effect on th execution of scripts?

- can you post a log? if it's an error with DD, said errors should be logged there

How do I get a log I have never done that before

1 hour ago, Taki17 said:

A few things to check:

Papyrus log is stating that I dont have 3d not sure what that is but apparently I am missing that file