Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

40 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I understand that people need multiple keys sometimes. I could make it loop back after buying a key. But I'm not sure what most people do. I'll have to make a choice between making it easier for single key buyers or multiple key buyers.

Considering that keys may break by default in standard DD and do that fairly frequently (my observation is ~20-25% chance) on average difficulty, and that you can have "consume keys" option, I'd say I'm pretty sure next to nobody plays with 1 key per game. You could make it a configurable cool-down perhaps to suit both "Wow! A key! What a treasure!" and "Ugh, another one... wonder if this one works...*snap*" players.

2 minutes ago, Lowezar said:

Considering that keys may break by default in standard DD and do that fairly frequently (my observation is ~20-25% chance) on average difficulty, and that you can have "consume keys" option, I'd say I'm pretty sure next to nobody plays with 1 key per game. You could make it a configurable cool-down perhaps to suit both "Wow! A key! What a treasure!" and "Ugh, another one... wonder if this one works...*snap*" players.

I'll probably make it easier for people who want multiple keys. Buying a key now behaves as the end of the dialogue. I'll probably make it loop back so can keep buying.

I don't know what you mean with the cooldown though.

21 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I'll probably make it easier for people who want multiple keys. Buying a key now behaves as the end of the dialogue. I'll probably make it loop back so can keep buying.

I don't know what you mean with the cooldown though.

I think he thinks you could put a cooldown, so a timeframe before you can buy another key.
which would make the mod but rather not more logical.

4 minutes ago, Krynn said:

I think he thinks you could put a cooldown, so a timeframe before you can buy another key.
which would make the mod but rather not more logical.

Yeah, maybe. I don't think it's needed. You can already change the scarcity by changing the key prices.

Hi, Laura! I just wanted to say that I really enjoy your mod, it is simple, convenient, and destroys Dollmaker's monopoly on the sale of devious devices.

I have a small suggestion that would fit the mod, I guess. Could Laura also have the ability to repair jammed locks, like the Dollmaker?

Keys tend to break quite often on higher DD difficulty, so it would be really nice to have the opportunity to repair them in the shop. MCM-configurable price would be the best option.

it would be interesting to install a small quest.
Similar to CD, deliver something, or pick something up.
So various devices that laura buys and sells from new customers.
you could put the player completely in chains first and then get the things.
Disable fast travel.
Maybe as a protector Katarina with you, which sometimes whips the player or otherwise helps her on his way and or make her life difficult.
activate a piercing or a plug for a longer time or something else..

just an idea :classic_smile:

Edit:

After you have successfully completed the task, you get a desired key as a gift.

So for those who do not have 5000 and do not want to use the console.

It would only be important that the devices which were created at the beginning of the quest are also removed and no longer, that is none, which the player had already worn when he entered the shop.

with cursed loot that works quite well, with this enslavement of Leia.

1 hour ago, glebbus13 said:

Hi, Laura! I just wanted to say that I really enjoy your mod, it is simple, convenient, and destroys Dollmaker's monopoly on the sale of devious devices.

I have a small suggestion that would fit the mod, I guess. Could Laura also have the ability to repair jammed locks, like the Dollmaker?

Keys tend to break quite often on higher DD difficulty, so it would be really nice to have the opportunity to repair them in the shop. MCM-configurable price would be the best option.

Thanks.

The jammed lock repair is a good one. I'll take a look at it.

1 hour ago, Krynn said:

it would be interesting to install a small quest.
Similar to CD, deliver something, or pick something up.
So various devices that laura buys and sells from new customers.
you could put the player completely in chains first and then get the things.
Disable fast travel.
Maybe as a protector Katarina with you, which sometimes whips the player or otherwise helps her on his way and or make her life difficult.
activate a piercing or a plug for a longer time or something else..

just an idea :classic_smile:

Edit:

After you have successfully completed the task, you get a desired key as a gift.

So for those who do not have 5000 and do not want to use the console.

It would only be important that the devices which were created at the beginning of the quest are also removed and no longer, that is none, which the player had already worn when he entered the shop.

with cursed loot that works quite well, with this enslavement of Leia.

I'm already planning on making a radiant quest with random branches where you help Laura obtain devices.

I could also make a delivery quest like you said, but CDS already has that covered. But I'll see if I can think of a way to it fit in my mod without just taking Vel's idea.

6 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Thanks.

The jammed lock repair is a good one. I'll take a look at it.

I'm already planning on making a radiant quest with random branches where you help Laura obtain devices.

I could also make a delivery quest like you said, but CDS already has that covered. But I'll see if I can think of a way to it fit in my mod without just taking Vel's idea. 

the dear Vel holds out a lot! :classic_biggrin::classic_tongue:

But of course there are other ways, see as an example also partially trapped in rubber.
Or you could also help Laura to clean the equipment you have brought for her.

a vanilla speech output of the two in the shop would also be very nice.

8 minutes ago, Ursur1major said:

Noticed that this mod causes some slight terrain issues with the Elysium Estate house mod, noticable at the Elysium Estate gate and a line in the terrain (see spoiler), not really gamebreaking or anything, if a bit annoying.

Hide contents

20180921143400_1.thumb.jpg.e7060352a04cb6f192706950f9f2c368.jpg20180921143418_1.thumb.jpg.4b1eb7d597da6e3ab4bcc4771804da1d.jpg

That's probably because both mods use the same exterior space. Is my mod loaded after that mod in your loadorder?

1 hour ago, Krynn said:

the dear Vel holds out a lot! :classic_biggrin::classic_tongue:

But of course there are other ways, see as an example also partially trapped in rubber.
Or you could also help Laura to clean the equipment you have brought for her.

a vanilla speech output of the two in the shop would also be very nice.

Implementing vanilla speech in my mod is something I won't do. It's too much work to make it sound right and a lot of words will be missing. These missing words would cause gaps in the spoken dialogue.

1 hour ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

While its not exactly a delivery you could implement a promotion quest like the doll maker has, but since you dont want to just copy things my idea would be that Laura ties you up in her devices and you need to go to hold xy and tell 10 people or whatever about that new shop while showcasing those products.

Somewhat bigger idea

Laura also could give you a bag with example devices (just a placeholder item) and you need to promote the new shop as said in hold xy. This time with diffrent dialoge options to really just show them devices and they react (like them or not, rng). Some might need/want to be conviced more by letting them put the device (rng) on the PC to show how it works/looks with the option as player to say no, as you might have a long way back and think twice about beeing decorated like a christmas tree for the way back. Fail or say no to often and you get a bad ending when returning to the shop, as in Laura wants a compensation, like money or forces a better promotion this time by tieing you up herself or whatever else you might think of.

Feel free to use the idea or not or to alter it, just something that came to my mind when I saw you wanted to implement some quest as really look forward to alternative payments or just quests for the shop

9 minutes ago, Ursur1major said:

Yes, that's where LOOT placed them, I'll test shuffling them around a bit later when I'm able to

Try placing that mod after mine in the loadorder. Both mods seem edit the terrain there. Mine just replaces some textures to keep the long grass away from the entrance door. While that mod seems to edit the area around it. Having that mods terrain looking good is more important than removing the grass infront of my shops door.

20 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Implementing vanilla speech in my mod is something I won't do. It's too much work to make it sound right and a lot of words will be missing. These missing words would cause gaps in the spoken dialogue. 

No, I meant the greetings from the two npc's.
So I play Skyrim as an example in German.
so simple dialogues like good day, what do you need, very quietly around, etc.

1 hour ago, Deoxyribonucleic_acid said:

While its not exactly a delivery you could implement a promotion quest like the doll maker has, but since you dont want to just copy things my idea would be that Laura ties you up in her devices and you need to go to hold xy and tell 10 people or whatever about that new shop while showcasing those products.

Somewhat bigger idea

Laura also could give you a bag with example devices (just a placeholder item) and you need to promote the new shop as said in hold xy. This time with diffrent dialoge options to really just show them devices and they react (like them or not, rng). Some might need/want to be conviced more by letting them put the device (rng) on the PC to show how it works/looks with the option as player to say no, as you might have a long way back and think twice about beeing decorated like a christmas tree for the way back. Fail or say no to often and you get a bad ending when returning to the shop, as in Laura wants a compensation, like money or forces a better promotion this time by tieing you up herself or whatever else you might think of.

Feel free to use the idea or not or to alter it, just something that came to my mind when I saw you wanted to implement some quest as really look forward to alternative payments or just quests for the shop

The showcase/advertising idea is a good one. I wanted to do something like that and this fits this shop nicely. Your idea really kickstarted my own brainstorming for a quest like this. ?

49 minutes ago, Krynn said:

No, I meant the greetings from the two npc's.
So I play Skyrim as an example in German.
so simple dialogues like good day, what do you need, very quietly around, etc.

Oh sorry, I misunderstood.

I didn't want them to use those lines for the sake of continuity. I don't want them to greet you with the vanilla greets and then continue to do everything else without sounds.

5 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Thank you guys and gals so much for the support. This mod already had 1000+ downloads when it was only 2 days old. I can't thank you enough. :D

This mod is exactly what the regular player in Skyrim was waiting for with the mods of Devious Devices ... Personally, I really found mod where I could buy Devices for slaves from the mod Paradise Halls ...

I wanted to ask, do you allow the translation of the mod to other languages? for example in the Russian language? ..

4 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

That could be fun - since Laura already gives some good detail about how she does stuff like hunting for cursed devices, I could see her sending the player for a specific cursed-loot style device as one of the options (which of course gets locked on the PC and needs to be brought back while worn). 

Lots of options for mini-bondage quests if you wanted to go that route, and IMO they don't need to be super complicated scripted/scene driven quests to be fun if the dialogue is interesting.  Other mods and DDi itself can handle lots of the "consequences" of being tied up in the meantime.

2 hours ago, notwavman said:

Thank you for wonderful mod!

I'm totally looking forward for new quests and maybe addition of more special offers *wink-wink*

There is certainly more to come. I have lots of ideas you guys seem to full of them aswell. I'll have to take it slow though. I haven't even made a quest yet, but I'm a fast learner.

1 hour ago, stas2503 said:

This mod is exactly what the regular player in Skyrim was waiting for with the mods of Devious Devices ... Personally, I really found mod where I could buy Devices for slaves from the mod Paradise Halls ...

I wanted to ask, do you allow the translation of the mod to other languages? for example in the Russian language? ..

?

I would like translations eventually. But I don't know how the installer stuff works yet. But do want to make it more accessible.

34 minutes ago, Reesewow said:

That could be fun - since Laura already gives some good detail about how she does stuff like hunting for cursed devices, I could see her sending the player for a specific cursed-loot style device as one of the options (which of course gets locked on the PC and needs to be brought back while worn). 

Lots of options for mini-bondage quests if you wanted to go that route, and IMO they don't need to be super complicated scripted/scene driven quests to be fun if the dialogue is interesting.  Other mods and DDi itself can handle lots of the "consequences" of being tied up in the meantime.

The scripted scenes in CDS are great, but I don't want to break the gameflow too much. I want there to be an objective and not just "wait for something obvious to happen".