Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

18 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Then it probably has something to do with the item itself. The restraints I use are almost identical to the regular DD ones. They use the same scripts, the same animations and the same models. All I do is change properties to make them inescapable and sometimes adding new textures. (this one doesn't have custom textures by the way)

It could have something to do with the animation that it tries to play or with the physics from the chains.

See if the same thing happens when you equip the regular DD version of those. They're called "Iron Prisoner Chains".

You are right if i try to wear them it crashes but everything else seems to be working fine

35 minutes ago, Jimi123 said:

About "The Trapped Hunter" and Raldbthar i need a hint for what i am searching and especially where ? I cleaned it now and run again and again inside and still searching to continue the Quest but i dont know what to do now..

I dont wanna spoiler anything  but i just need the next step... or maybe i did sth wrong... i dont know xD thx

And by the way i liked this Story especally the start with the thief :)  It was good and we need more of it :)

if you have found Raldbthar. go inside and  search for something that doesn't belong in a dwarven ruin near the entrance.

I think no questmarkers for searching quests is fine, but you could make it so you get the location listed on your map like some books and dialogues do. After all, finding the location is the boring part of searching and we wouldn't want a quest marker to ruin the fun part :D

Edit: oh and yes, I did remember the twin towers, just not where they were so I had to look up the location anyways ?

10 hours ago, Dirtycurtis said:

You are right if i try to wear them it crashes but everything else seems to be working fine

Then there's something wrong with your Devious Devices install.

Do you have the correct skeleton installed?

Does FNIS give you errors?

9 hours ago, Frostgestalt said:

I think no questmarkers for searching quests is fine, but you could make it so you get the location listed on your map like some books and dialogues do. After all, finding the location is the boring part of searching and we wouldn't want a quest marker to ruin the fun part :D

Edit: oh and yes, I did remember the twin towers, just not where they were so I had to look up the location anyways ?

Revealing the location on the map is a good one. I completely forgot about that.

9 hours ago, kronnos44 said:

Really good job laura already can't wait for the continuation off this , looking forward to more in the future!

ba09d341bd80f67c0ce3ff36f3aef6a4.jpg.903627a3723a07fd59be847a49198558.jpg

Thank you. :)

That pic makes me so happy. Look at how cute he is. :blush:

7 hours ago, KuroDesu said:

This mod is a lot of fun! I can't wait to see the next part of this questline!

More will come. I have a lot written down already.

5 hours ago, DarmanSejuk said:

I know I'm going to sound stupid but how do you get past the guard for the second ledger? 

Light spoilers for Blending In:

Spoiler

What you have to do depends on how far you are, but have you tried talking to Hervis. If you've already done that, try talking to 27.

3rd playthough now and can highly reccomend "earning a little gold" with a belt and teaser plug while trying to complete "blending in" quest. Some of the tasks became more than a little fun when adding the risk of the belt delaying you just at the wrong moment. I did laugh so hard  as I tried to time things and failed so often ..  Worth the retry jusy for the laughs.

Great job on this update Laura and everyone who helped you. The quests are fun to play and well written. Also I really appreciate to have to think and search for a bit. In my opinion it wasn’t too hard to figure out the different steps, just the right difficulty level to keep things moving smoothly.

Have fun building the next part!

17 minutes ago, GoingtoHell6 said:

Okay so is something supposed to happen when you find Njadi or whatever her name is behind the boulder? Because every time I tried to talk to her it said 'this person is busy.' What am I supposed to do? Did I miss something?

Yes, you’re supposed to be able to talk to her. Maybe the quest is stuck or something for some reason? Perhaps you didn’t read the note that you found? I honestly have no idea, just guessing here.

4 hours ago, Suzi95 said:

Im a softie i guess but all this consent and lovelyness and trust does so much more to me than people being assholes. Great Job really loving it.

Thank you. :)

I know that what I'm about to say may make it seem like I'm hating on other mods, but I'm not. I love them.

Most mods here aren't really about bondage or BDSM I think. Most mods here are for people with a rape fetish. It's obviously not real rape because you choose to install mods with it and there's nothing wrong with it as long as it's a roleplay with a concenting adult. (or if it's purely digital)

But even if I installed it myself and started it myself, it still sometimes freaked me out.

So I wanted to make my mod like how I want to see bondage, with trust and consent. And I'm really happy that others also like it this way. :D

1 hour ago, Richard1234 said:

Great job on this update Laura and everyone who helped you. The quests are fun to play and well written. Also I really appreciate to have to think and search for a bit. In my opinion it wasn’t too hard to figure out the different steps, just the right difficulty level to keep things moving smoothly.

Have fun building the next part!

I was worried that it would be too difficult. Not because it would be too complex, but because I didn't know if I explained it well enough.

So that's really good to hear. :)

59 minutes ago, GoingtoHell6 said:

Okay so is something supposed to happen when you find Njadi or whatever her name is behind the boulder? Because every time I tried to talk to her it said 'this person is busy.' What am I supposed to do? Did I miss something?

She's supposed to approach you and talk to you.

There must be something preventing her from doing that.

Can you load a save from before you started the quest and try again?

If it still doesn't work, please share the papyrus log from when it happened.

47 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I know that what I'm about to say may make it seem like I'm hating on other mods, but I'm not. I love them.

Most mods here aren't really about bondage or BDSM I think. Most mods here are for people with a rape fetish. It's obviously not real rape because you choose to install mods with it and there's nothing wrong with it as long as it's a roleplay with a concenting adult. (or if it's purely digital)

But even if I installed it myself and started it myself, it still sometimes freaked me out.

So I wanted to make my mod like how I want to see bondage, with trust and consent. And I'm really happy that others also like it this way. :D

I couldn't agree more. Trust, consent and honesty are the ways to go about bondage, and that philosophy is really shining through with your mod. So many adult mods - as good as they are - revolve around treating women like dirt and using them without a thought for their desires or well-being. That can be quite off-putting at times. Your mod stands out for the caring, responsible approach to the subject, and it's most definitely appreciated. It feels to me that it does everything a devious quest mod should do, and nothing that it shouldn't. I haven't finished all the new content yet, but it's been wonderful so far.

It's also refreshing that it doesn't spell everything out for you, but instead gives you enough information to point you in the right direction. I'll admit, I've grown so used to having quest markers always telling me exactly where to go, what to do and how to do it, that I'd almost forgotten how to engage my brain. For a moment I got stuck in Blending In, but paying attention to what one of the slaves had said got me to the solution, and made it much more satisfying. That entire quest was fantastic.

Thank you for this mod, Laura. It's a real gem.

Thank you Laura for a stunning update, I had a blast trying out the new quests. I especially liked the interactions between the different NPC´s, going from interesting to funny to sexy. Really really really good work!

One remark to the "blending in" quest, in spoilers just in case:

Spoiler

If you talk to the nice guy to change your bondage items before talking to 27, she´ll have no dialogue options like all the others. That got me stuck for good. Maybe some response like "Sorry, I can´t understand what your mumbling about."?

Long time lurker here, from back when we were still waiting for there to be a basic sex mod...

I just wanted to say, Amazing work. Having seen the rise and fall of so many promising projects here (Looking at you Dasha), its awesome to finally see a new one thats being followed through.

I didnt come with just priase however as I am having a slight bug which I would appreciate some help with. I went through the "I want to earn some gold" option and went along the lines of I like it and dont want the belt removed. Laura then released me from the cell after a few hours. Up to this point everything is going smoothly however I now wait 10 days and return to ask for it to be removed and am greeted by the message "Okay, you've worn it long enough. Come with me" but then she proceeds to do nothing and go no where. So at the moment I'm a little stuck. I cant remove the belt with the removeitem command and there seems to be no cheat key or debug menu to use in a situation such as this. to make things worse my last save was waaay too long ago. 

Thanks again and as I said, fantastic work.

Edit: I forgot to add, when the cell door is closed, after her saying "come with me" it opens but the scene still doesnt trigger properly. If it was already open however nothing happens.

4 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I agree. I would much prefer mods based around a dominant follower who the player consented to and submitted to no matter where the follower took their relationship. The trust side of it makes more sense if you see them as being in a relationship even if it is one of master/mistress and slave.   After all in a Dom/sub releationship the sub can always refuse, true there may be consequences of a punishment but one more befitting the relationship. A good master/mistress will know where their subs limits are and whilst pushing them to them will not push beyond (much hee hee) and keep both happy. Of course  there are also the bad masters/mistresses  who are not invested in their slaves well being and slaves are just property to them.  Any mod like this one which focus's on the better side of BDSM may have a smaller following but those that enjoy the lifestyle or thoughts of such a life will stick with it forever. 

I have enjoyed the break from the bondage-rape mods which seem to focus on only the sex side of it. A broader look into BDSM would make better mods as the sex in bondage is only one part of the lifestyle.

Sorry for the wall of words. In short I'd love to see more mods like this one on LL for us all to enjoy.

Long time lurker here, from back when we were still waiting for there to be a basic sex mod...

I just wanted to say, Amazing work. Having seen the rise and fall of so many promising projects here (Looking at you Dasha), its awesome to finally see a new one thats being followed through.

I didnt come with just priase however as I am having a slight bug which I would appreciate some help with. I went through the "I want to earn some gold" option and went along the lines of I like it and dont want the belt removed. Laura then released me from the cell after a few hours. Up to this point everything is going smoothly however I now wait 10 days and return to ask for it to be removed and am greeted by the message "Okay, you've worn it long enough. Come with me" but then she proceeds to do nothing and go no where. So at the moment I'm a little stuck. I cant remove the belt with the removeitem command and there seems to be no cheat key or debug menu to use in a situation such as this. to make things worse my last save was waaay too long ago. 

Thanks again and as I said, fantastic work.

Edit: I forgot to add, when the cell door is closed, after her saying "come with me" it opens but the scene still doesnt trigger properly. If it was already open however nothing happens.

I got this too, can't help with the problem, sadly.

1 hour ago, steelmagpie said:

I agree. I would much prefer mods based around a dominant follower who the player consented to and submitted to no matter where the follower took their relationship. The trust side of it makes more sense if you see them as being in a relationship even if it is one of master/mistress and slave.   After all in a Dom/sub releationship the sub can always refuse, true there may be consequences of a punishment but one more befitting the relationship. A good master/mistress will know where their subs limits are and whilst pushing them to them will not push beyond (much hee hee) and keep both happy. Of course  there are also the bad masters/mistresses  who are not invested in their slaves well being and slaves are just property to them.  Any mod like this one which focus's on the better side of BDSM may have a smaller following but those that enjoy the lifestyle or thoughts of such a life will stick with it forever. 

I have enjoyed the break from the bondage-rape mods which seem to focus on only the sex side of it. A broader look into BDSM would make better mods as the sex in bondage is only one part of the lifestyle.

Sorry for the wall of words. In short I'd love to see more mods like this one on LL for us all to enjoy.

Definitely, I enjoy a good rape fantasy (emphasis on the fantasy), but the proper BDSM experience is a much better one, IMO. Also, a non-rape fantasy enables those who don't enjoy these to use a BDSM mod, too.

Problems I can already see with locating *anything* around the Whiterun gates/farm-row would be probable conflicts with "Immersive Citizens" pathing or "Cutting Room Floor".
What I'd actually suggest... for "immersion"... is placing the shop near Solitude (where there's always a bigger customer-base), either on/near the docks or on the northern edge of Dragon Bridge.

1 hour ago, Pygmalion696 said:

Problems I can already see with locating *anything* around the Whiterun gates/farm-row would be probable conflicts with "Immersive Citizens" pathing or "Cutting Room Floor".
What I'd actually suggest... for "immersion"... is placing the shop near Solitude (where there's always a bigger customer-base), either on/near the docks or on the northern edge of Dragon Bridge.

In the very early stages of Laura making this mod she did have a long debate and discussion with us here so as to adjust the shop position into a clear space hopefully not conflicting with any of the usual mods. I know cutting room floor doesn't effect it's location but not sure of the other. As for being near Whiterun it is a central hub for most early game play  and being close to the center of Skyrim most places are easily accesable.  The shop has been where it is so long now I doublt it will be moved but who knows maybe one day Laura (in game) may decide to branch out and open another shop near Solitude.  Laura the mod maker may love this idea but it may be a way off as with all good mods every good update take a lot of effort and a little waiting. 

I do like the idea of a Solitude branch though.. 

42 minutes ago, steelmagpie said:

In the very early stages of Laura making this mod she did have a long debate and discussion with us here so as to adjust the shop position into a clear space hopefully not conflicting with any of the usual mods. I know cutting room floor doesn't effect it's location but not sure of the other. As for being near Whiterun it is a central hub for most early game play  and being close to the center of Skyrim most places are easily accesable.  The shop has been where it is so long now I doublt it will be moved but who knows maybe one day Laura (in game) may decide to branch out and open another shop near Solitude.  Laura the mod maker may love this idea but it may be a way off as with all good mods every good update take a lot of effort and a little waiting. 

I do like the idea of a Solitude branch though.. 

If I'm not mistaken, one of the 'Jon/Olfina' secret-meeting scenes is scripted to take place on a stump in that area.  If the shop's location doesn't interfere with the idle-markers used for it, it most-certainly DOES put their relationship in a whole new light.... lol...