Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

2 minutes ago, DrunkPancake said:

Im doing the last quest and im stuck (see spoiler), I'm most likely missing something obvious.

Reveal hidden contents

I cant find them at the lake nearby, what lake do i have to go too

Cool mod btw!

Spoiler

the lake near the nightgate inn

4 minutes ago, DrunkPancake said:

Im doing the last quest and im stuck (see spoiler), I'm most likely missing something obvious.

Hide contents

Cool mod btw!

The answer might be found in one of the letters..

1 hour ago, WaterRabbit said:

I am seeing one issue, probably related to this module.  In Raldbthar whenever I see look to the left where the Laura_SR3_Chest is located, my game locks up.  I get it from any of the three paths that lead into that part of the dungeon.

My game went on crashing-spree on the way to that dungeon. Had to load a previous save from before I picked that quest. 
No problems after 2nd try.
It seems to be a cure for most such cases.

And I don't think it's actually the mod. Skyrim tends to screw up players with quests and the way it handles actions in them.
I remember getting constant crashes whenever I got near Morthal town after accepting a vanilla quest.
In the end I had to restart the whole damn quest and figured mid-way that certain action NPC's were meant to start, didn't actually start.

2 hours ago, WaterRabbit said:

I am seeing one issue, probably related to this module.  In Raldbthar whenever I see look to the left where the Laura_SR3_Chest is located, my game locks up.  I get it from any of the three paths that lead into that part of the dungeon.

I don't think that that's caused by my mod, all it adds is a chest. I didn't touch the navmesh, it's a vanilla chest with no custom textures and it doesn't have any physics. It gets placed there at the start of the quest, so there isn't ever a script running.

2 hours ago, steelmagpie said:

I have finished the new quests now and want more.  Excellent stuff and great story line..  Very happy to wait again for the next update if the quality of this one is anything to go by.  Good things take time so there is no rush but just know it will be greatly welcomed when it arrives ..

Thank you. :)

I have 90% of the storyline already written down, so I'm definitely going to continue this story.

But I'm going to take a short break first. I was really close to getting burned out while working on this.

43 minutes ago, asdasd123123 said:

Really well made mod. Zero bugs, and everything ran as intended. thanks

That's really good to hear. :) 

I'm always worried that it won't work. That's mostly why testing is 40% of the development time. :P

43 minutes ago, Viri1 said:

I'm enjoying this update very much. The storyline is great! 

About my only criticism is the quest for the "third girl". 

Hide contents

I missed the right chest, and instead I ran the entire area to the very end. And was going crazy at the end. Had to come here to figure out what I wanted was right at the beginning. It's A LOT of wasted time. Sure, I could've been smarter and deduce it was at the entrance because of the bandits. But maybe this one really needed a quest pointer.

Any way, it was no big deal, and I can't wait to see how the story continues!

Spoiler for the last quest:

Spoiler

This is how I imagined how it would go: Player goes inside, goes left to avoid the fire and then sees the big chest at the end of the hallway. I know I wouldn't be able to resist looking in that chest.

But I completely understand if you rushed past it.

24 minutes ago, DrunkPancake said:

Reveal hidden contents

Cool mod btw!

Spoiler

When you read the note you find in the chest, you should get a quest marker. Try loading a save from before you read that letter and if it still doesn't work, post the log from when it happened and I'll take a look at it.

1 hour ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I don't think that that's caused by my mod, all it adds is a chest. I didn't touch the navmesh, it's a vanilla chest with no custom textures and it doesn't have any physics. It gets placed there at the start of the quest, so there isn't ever a script running.

I have 90% of the storyline already written down, so I'm definitely going to continue this story.

But I'm going to take a short break first. I was really close to getting burned out while working on this.

I'm always worried that it won't work. That's mostly why testing is 40% of the development time. :P

Reveal hidden contents

This is how I imagined how it would go: Player goes inside, goes left to avoid the fire and then sees the big chest at the end of the hallway. I know I wouldn't be able to resist looking in that chest.

But I completely understand if you rushed past it.

Hide contents

When you read the note you find in the chest, you should get a quest marker. Try loading a save from before you read that letter and if it still doesn't work, post the log from when it happened and I'll take a look at it.

I got it working

Spoiler

I dont remember getting a marker, but I did find them at the lake. But I might have mist the marker on the map (color blind issues)

2 hours ago, Garfieldcat said:

My game went on crashing-spree on the way to that dungeon. Had to load a previous save from before I picked that quest. 
No problems after 2nd try.
It seems to be a cure for most such cases.

And I don't think it's actually the mod. Skyrim tends to screw up players with quests and the way it handles actions in them.
I remember getting constant crashes whenever I got near Morthal town after accepting a vanilla quest.
In the end I had to restart the whole damn quest and figured mid-way that certain action NPC's were meant to start, didn't actually start.

I was finally able to get past it by going up to the platform with the dwarven ballistas and coming back down through the locked gate.  Usually when I see this behavior is because a navmesh or occlusion plane was touched.  The only mod I have running that touches Raldbthar is this one and perhaps OBIS.  Since OBIS does add some extra bandits in places it is possible it was spawning one near the chest and something was amiss.

Fantastic mod, Laura - Very well done and I love that you put so much emphasis on dialogue and story! Also I think it is great that you make the player "wait and listen" to what is going around them. And in contrast to other stories in Skyrim/loverslab this never feels like a burden or gets boring.

Potential Bug encountered: In the dialogues back when reporting to Laura her monologue explaining the next quest stalled after some point. Hitting enter I got the last line and off the quest went, but it seems (from looking at CK) that I missed a few lines.

Playing through the new quests makes one really wonder about meeting Sloane - and if the perfect girl is 27... or the player herself... when she returns to the slavers with Kat....

Thanks so much and enjoy your deserved break!

First off: I absolutely adore the V. 3.0 update, in particular the "blending in" quest, definitiely one of the best quest mods i have played in Skyrim.

Spoiler

I personally love the whole "captured/enslaved/being commanded around" aspect. (would'nt be surprised if my dragonborn was "the perfect girl" we were looking for all along)

Just as an aside, when I played there were no map markers for Raldbthar or Hroggstad, might be worth looking into either adding these or fixing whatever bug is causing this(unless this is one of the many, many, MANY Skyrim bugs that just won't die ? )

Love the storyline and am looking forward to future updates.

So, after keeping track on Patron and patiently waiting, all I can say is WOW. Worth the wait! It was said that it would be about three hours, completed it in two hours fifty.

Loving the story-line so far, even though… Damn you Laura and your cliff-hangers! :) It’s like waiting for the next season of your favourite TV show. All I keep thinking of is, who is Sloane, what caused this debt.

I know you said your taking a break for a while, is a good idea. Getting burnt out could damage an awesome story. Literally, for the last three hours I forgot that I had dragons to deal with lol.

Spoiler

I didn’t have any issues with map markers; however, it took me till the end of the damn Raldbthar map to realise “oh I have got a note, maybe I should read it”.

Once again awesome job Laura, now it time to take a break an be proud of what you have accomplished.

Cant wait for the next update, just don’t rush it :)

I have just finished [Blending In] and I must say that this is one of the best and well-written quests for DD I have seen in years. The amount of dialogues and scenes is just tremendous for such a short quest. Finally we have some quality interaction and not just running in bondage from point A to potint B. I'm really facinated how smart and resourceful was the use of different restraints, how immersive and real felt this little adventure.

Laura, you did a great job and I hope to see more quests from you in the future.

Hi I wanted to try out the mod but I ran into a problem.

Laura does not want to give me jobs because of my companions, so I dissmised all follower, then uninstalled all follower mods and set playerfollowercount to 0 but still she did not want to give me the jobs.

Any idea what I missed? Or does anyone know how the mod checkes if I have followers?

I just wanted to say I loved the new quest haven't tried out the rest, but I can't say enough about the quests.  I am glad you are going to continue it in the future updates.  I hope you don't keep us waiting to long for the next update because of the cliff hanger you left us with.  Anyways back to lurking.

12 hours ago, cafziel said:

Fantastic mod, Laura - Very well done and I love that you put so much emphasis on dialogue and story! Also I think it is great that you make the player "wait and listen" to what is going around them. And in contrast to other stories in Skyrim/loverslab this never feels like a burden or gets boring.

Potential Bug encountered: In the dialogues back when reporting to Laura her monologue explaining the next quest stalled after some point. Hitting enter I got the last line and off the quest went, but it seems (from looking at CK) that I missed a few lines.

We never encountered something like that during testing. Is your Fuz Ro D-oh up to date?

Playing through the new quests makes one really wonder about meeting Sloane - and if the perfect girl is 27... or the player herself... when she returns to the slavers with Kat....

:D

12 hours ago, LAXL02 said:

First off: I absolutely adore the V. 3.0 update, in particular the "blending in" quest, definitiely one of the best quest mods i have played in Skyrim.

Reveal hidden contents

I personally love the whole "captured/enslaved/being commanded around" aspect. (would'nt be surprised if my dragonborn was "the perfect girl" we were looking for all along)

Just as an aside, when I played there were no map markers for Raldbthar or Hroggstad, might be worth looking into either adding these or fixing whatever bug is causing this(unless this is one of the many, many, MANY Skyrim bugs that just won't die ? )

Love the storyline and am looking forward to future updates.

Glad you liked it.

There are some objectives marker-less by design and I made sure that the player gets all the information they need. I tried to explain that it's something you have to actively search for instead of just following a marker, but I can't directly mention the markers in the dialogue, so it's hard to do.

9 hours ago, Addramyr said:

So, after keeping track on Patron and patiently waiting, all I can say is WOW. Worth the wait! It was said that it would be about three hours, completed it in two hours fifty.

Loving the story-line so far, even though… Damn you Laura and your cliff-hangers! :)

Admit it, you like to get teased. :P

It’s like waiting for the next season of your favourite TV show. All I keep thinking of is, who is Sloane, what caused this debt.

I know you said your taking a break for a while, is a good idea. Getting burnt out could damage an awesome story. Literally, for the last three hours I forgot that I had dragons to deal with lol.

Reveal hidden contents

I didn’t have any issues with map markers; however, it took me till the end of the damn Raldbthar map to realise “oh I have got a note, maybe I should read it”.

Once again awesome job Laura, now it time to take a break an be proud of what you have accomplished.

Cant wait for the next update, just don’t rush it :)

I've got most of the story already planned out and I hope you'll like it. :)

7 hours ago, yyjddgr3 said:
I think this mode is better than capture dream shop mode. It is much lighter and not more complicated. And the newly added quest was also very interesting. I'm looking forward to a quest to catch and scold the woman thief who cheated me.

Also, it would be nice to have a quest where the owner of the store encourages the player to experience being a slave. To experience slave training as a slave for a day or two or a week.

I want to make something like player slavery, but I don't like hard enslavement. (Which is loosing so much freedom that you can't play the game normally anymore)

So I'll probably be like a roleplay with inescapable devices and tasks you sometimes have to do.

6 hours ago, Dirtycurtis said:

I am crashing whenever the mission where you are going to pose as a slave. whenever she bring me infront of the counter and my character strips it crashes

Character stripping is done using SexLab, so I doubt that that's the cause.

Maybe there's something about your character going naked that crashes you game. Something like super highres textures or body physics combined with all the other naked NPCs there could cause a crash.

3 hours ago, glebbus13 said:

I have just finished [Blending In] and I must say that this is one of the best and well-written quests for DD I have seen in years. The amount of dialogues and scenes is just tremendous for such a short quest. Finally we have some quality interaction and not just running in bondage from point A to potint B. I'm really facinated how smart and resourceful was the use of different restraints, how immersive and real felt this little adventure.

Laura, you did a great job and I hope to see more quests from you in the future.

That means a lot, thank you so much. :blush:

Comments like these make it all worth it. :D

2 hours ago, crashguide said:

Hi I wanted to try out the mod but I ran into a problem.

Laura does not want to give me jobs because of my companions, so I dissmised all follower, then uninstalled all follower mods and set playerfollowercount to 0 but still she did not want to give me the jobs.

Any idea what I missed? Or does anyone know how the mod checkes if I have followers?

The mod checks for followers by checking if the NPCs in the shop are in the follower faction. Normally when you recruit someone, they get put in that faction and will follow you into the shop.

Which follower mod are you using?

6 hours ago, alyaya said:

@Laura 'Lokomootje' fantastic job with the update, just finished the quests and I love it, I was just wondering if you have a patreon or anywhere else if we want to support you and this mod? 

You can support me here: https://www.patreon.com/LauraKata

I didn't want to advertise my Patreon too much because I don't want to make it seem like I'm forcing it.

23 minutes ago, crashguide said:

Oh that tip helps a lot. I dismissed them in the shop. Now I moved them away and it works :) (I used UFO as Follower Mod)

Thanks for the help!

That's good to hear.

39 minutes ago, Tockity said:

The new banners in the store are incredible.

I really like them too. @Taki17 did a great job.

@Laura 'Lokomootje'

Glad you liked it.

There are some objectives marker-less by design and I made sure that the player gets all the information they need. I tried to explain that it's something you have to actively search for instead of just following a marker, but I can't directly mention the markers in the dialogue, so it's hard to do.

well, you DID make it very hard not to like.

Good to hear that it's not a bug, playing all the half-abandoned and/or bug-riddled BDSM-themed mods around LL trying to find the real gems (like this one) makes it easy to assume. I would like to have something like and MCM option to turn these on, though. If I wasn't playing skyrim simply to play with LL mods, I might have had to leave the game to lookup on a wiki where Raldbthar is, which would lessen the experience somewhat (also I have a terrible sense of direction and am horrible at finding things (IRL and virtually)).

While I'd personally put my money on the PC, wether it's her or not, the setup for such a reveal:

Spoiler

- Being almost given/sold to Sloane, then sent out to find "the perfect girl" so she can replace you. [because you'd be replacing yourself with yourself]

- the slaver master almost having you in his grasp, then losing you (and his life) because of his greed(wanting both you and Kat).  [because he'd almost have had everything he wanted, then thrown it away]

- Kat saying "She's worth more than you know/think" at the end of "blending in". [because she'd also be undervaluing you]

- The sheer effort went through to find any hint of knowledge about "the perfect girl" in the following quests. [because you'd be going all over skyrim trying to find clues that would invariably lead you to yourself]

Would make it great for a plot twist(27) , or a straight-up reveal(PC) (but I like my characters being subby, and being officially the biggest sub in Tamriel is kind of an acheivement ? )

8 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

You can support me here: https://www.patreon.com/LauraKata

I didn't want to advertise my Patreon too much because I don't want to make it seem like I'm forcing it.

Well you just earned yourself a 20$ patron.

I'd just like to say, in closing, that I have enjoyed this questline (so far, at least) much more than any quest in vanilla Skyrim (or indeed, in most other AAA games I have played), so you have definitely earned both my support (financial and otherwise) and a nice, long rest to recharge.

TL;DR: I ❤️ your stuff and can't wait for more! (but please don't overwork yourself, that'll only lead to another buggy and abandoned mod, in the end)

15 hours ago, Dirtycurtis said:

I am crashing whenever the mission where you are going to pose as a slave. whenever she bring me infront of the counter and my character strips it crashes

Its not when tthe character that its crashing. its crashing whenever she tries to put the DD on my character. I have even tried a fresh install of skryim and redownloaded the DD mods and I'm still having the same issue with a fresh game.

2 hours ago, steelmagpie said:

Oh no...  Due to a major mod reshuffle  I will have to do all the new quests again...  Hee hee..  Best excuse for a new game start ever..  Thanks Laura, you make restarting fun again ..

1 hour ago, LAXL02 said:

@Laura 'Lokomootje'

well, you DID make it very hard not to like.

Good to hear that it's not a bug, playing all the half-abandoned and/or bug-riddled BDSM-themed mods around LL trying to find the real gems (like this one) makes it easy to assume. I would like to have something like and MCM option to turn these on, though. If I wasn't playing skyrim simply to play with LL mods, I might have had to leave the game to lookup on a wiki where Raldbthar is, which would lessen the experience somewhat (also I have a terrible sense of direction and am horrible at finding things (IRL and virtually)).

While I'd personally put my money on the PC, wether it's her or not, the setup for such a reveal:

Reveal hidden contents

- Being almost given/sold to Sloane, then sent out to find "the perfect girl" so she can replace you. [because you'd be replacing yourself with yourself]

- the slaver master almost having you in his grasp, then losing you (and his life) because of his greed(wanting both you and Kat).  [because he'd almost have had everything he wanted, then thrown it away]

- Kat saying "She's worth more than you know/think" at the end of "blending in". [because she'd also be undervaluing you]

- The sheer effort went through to find any hint of knowledge about "the perfect girl" in the following quests. [because you'd be going all over skyrim trying to find clues that would invariably lead you to yourself]

Would make it great for a plot twist(27) , or a straight-up reveal(PC) (but I like my characters being subby, and being officially the biggest sub in Tamriel is kind of an acheivement ? )

Well you just earned yourself a 20$ patron.

I'd just like to say, in closing, that I have enjoyed this questline (so far, at least) much more than any quest in vanilla Skyrim (or indeed, in most other AAA games I have played), so you have definitely earned both my support (financial and otherwise) and a nice, long rest to recharge.

TL;DR: I ❤️ your stuff and can't wait for more! (but please don't overwork yourself, that'll only lead to another buggy and abandoned mod, in the end)

Thank you so much. ❤️

About Raldbthar, she tells you that it's north of Valtheim Towers. Valtheim Towers is something I'm sure everybody knows and it's almost directly north of it. And if you missed the dialogue, it's also in the quest log.

But I understand if you don't want to search for those things. An ["Easy mode" or "I don't have to time to search for a fucking dwemer ruin somewhere in the mountains mode"] that adds markers is a good suggestion.

I already have the story mostly written down by the way. The challenge is finding interesting gameplay stuff for those quests.

50 minutes ago, Dirtycurtis said:

Its not when tthe character that its crashing. its crashing whenever she tries to put the DD on my character. I have even tried a fresh install of skryim and redownloaded the DD mods and I'm still having the same issue with a fresh game.

Then it probably has something to do with the item itself. The restraints I use are almost identical to the regular DD ones. They use the same scripts, the same animations and the same models. All I do is change properties to make them inescapable and sometimes adding new textures. (this one doesn't have custom textures by the way)

It could have something to do with the animation that it tries to play or with the physics from the chains.

See if the same thing happens when you equip the regular DD version of those. They're called "Iron Prisoner Chains".

About "The Trapped Hunter" and Raldbthar i need a hint for what i am searching and especially where ? I cleaned it now and run again and again inside and still searching to continue the Quest but i dont know what to do now..

I dont wanna spoiler anything  but i just need the next step... or maybe i did sth wrong... i dont know xD thx

And by the way i liked this Story especally the start with the thief :)  It was good and we need more of it :)