Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

I managed to break the script like that the first time.

At the end of the conversation with Dynane and her sister Liza, the quest updates telling you to go back to Laura. As soon as I saw this the first time I just teleported back to Whiterun instantly thinking the quest step had been updated and got the nonstop 'You found her" text as well.

Turns out there's another conversation afterwards that seems to lag a bit behind the previous conversation but this time between you and her sister regarding a reward. If you don't get that dialogue the quest will break and you won't be able to continue. Either just stick around and wait for Liza to talk to you or talk to her yourself after the conversation has ended if she doesn't start it in a timely manner.

So far I've retested this and it seems to break the quest in the same way repeatedly. I know nothing about quest steps but would it be better to update the quest step at the end of the reward rather than at the end of the conversation? (I know it makes more logical sense at the end of the convo but still)

Still, it seems like you can also go back and talk to her sister after accidentally skipping that dialogue the first time without the need for a new save file and Liza will still try to talk to you and then you can go back to Laura. I believe it does update the quest and finish it properly but I wouldn't recommend it as some important bits of dialogue are cut from the conversation somehow between Laura, Katarina, and Dynane. (it basically skips Dynane's entire existence in the shop lol)

tl;dr make sure to talk to Dynane's sister before you return to Laura's shop.

Oh, yes, love the content and I'm looking forward to the continuation as the updates always seem to mysteriously end on cliffhangers....

Fun quests and i didn't encounter any bugs ? I take it there are a few alternative ways the first long quest can go depending on choices, but went with what i felt might go fastest for now.

Spoiler

She distracted the guard in front of storage room gate and i went look for the ledger. Being blindfolded still i couldn't, so scrambled back somewhere to find a way to remove it. I did find the right npc and run back to the ledger just in time as the guard was already walking back, and it went ok.

Then i went back to change gag back to blindfold as i thought talking might be more useful again, glad to realize you had taken even that into account. I got the feeling he checks if either is missing and put both back on you.

I did turn off Cursed Loot trap events though, i don't know if the quests do that or not. Just the idea of getting sent to bondage adventure by looting something with half inescapable blindfold etc from location i don't know, or being stuck with some of high security restraints etc would have been bad.

6 minutes ago, neosuduno said:

Can someone tell me where the key is to the second ledger? 27 is a good distraction, but I have no clue what to do next.

Spoiler

it is near the blacksmith. it is by the far side table. it is called "storage room key"

4 hours ago, PaddedLocks said:

I managed to break the script like that the first time.

At the end of the conversation with Dynane and her sister Liza, the quest updates telling you to go back to Laura. As soon as I saw this the first time I just teleported back to Whiterun instantly thinking the quest step had been updated and got the nonstop 'You found her" text as well.

Turns out there's another conversation afterwards that seems to lag a bit behind the previous conversation but this time between you and her sister regarding a reward. If you don't get that dialogue the quest will break and you won't be able to continue. Either just stick around and wait for Liza to talk to you or talk to her yourself after the conversation has ended if she doesn't start it in a timely manner.

So far I've retested this and it seems to break the quest in the same way repeatedly. I know nothing about quest steps but would it be better to update the quest step at the end of the reward rather than at the end of the conversation? (I know it makes more logical sense at the end of the convo but still)

Still, it seems like you can also go back and talk to her sister after accidentally skipping that dialogue the first time without the need for a new save file and Liza will still try to talk to you and then you can go back to Laura. I believe it does update the quest and finish it properly but I wouldn't recommend it as some important bits of dialogue are cut from the conversation somehow between Laura, Katarina, and Dynane. (it basically skips Dynane's entire existence in the shop lol)

tl;dr make sure to talk to Dynane's sister before you return to Laura's shop.

Oh, yes, love the content and I'm looking forward to the continuation as the updates always seem to mysteriously end on cliffhangers....

Thanks for the report. I don't want to advance to the next stage with Liza's dialogue though. ForceGreets aren't very reliable.

But I could add a delay before you get the objective to go back, that should give Liza time to talk to you.

3 hours ago, Zaflis said:

Fun quests and i didn't encounter any bugs ? I take it there are a few alternative ways the first long quest can go depending on choices, but went with what i felt might go fastest for now.

Reveal hidden contents

She distracted the guard in front of storage room gate and i went look for the ledger. Being blindfolded still i couldn't, so scrambled back somewhere to find a way to remove it. I did find the right npc and run back to the ledger just in time as the guard was already walking back, and it went ok.

Then i went back to change gag back to blindfold as i thought talking might be more useful again, glad to realize you had taken even that into account. I got the feeling he checks if either is missing and put both back on you.

I did turn off Cursed Loot trap events though, i don't know if the quests do that or not. Just the idea of getting sent to bondage adventure by looting something with half inescapable blindfold etc from location i don't know, or being stuck with some of high security restraints etc would have been bad.

You don't have to worry about DCL. I made sure you can't find cursed items in the cave.

There aren't big branches in the quest though. It would've taken even longer to make it.

1 hour ago, shadowwolf2k7 said:

got a question, did you make the new collars and gags? if so i have a suggestion for a belt  that matches each one, with a tail attached to the belt itself.

They're from the new DD.

Noooo! Such cliffhanger! Now I need to wait for the next season like with a favorite series :sweat:

Loved it! The 1st new quest is simply fantastic :love:
Oh and I do adore the new banners :) 

The only "bug" that I found (apart from few random crashes which went away after reloading the game) is conversation between the sisters after one of the quests.
The lines of one of the girls display for like half a sec while the other one displays normally.

Again it could have been Skyrim as I had that weirdness before in some original questline.

Hello Laura !

Thank you for the update, it's great ! My new favourite DD mod !

I just have one problem tho: Laura has 2 objects to sell only: steel cuffs, and one plug... There's nothing else :/

I'm probably alone to have this problem, but do you know how I could fix it please ? :)

Wow. just wow!.  I have just played through the first part of the new quests.  Excellent. You must have put so much work into it, thank you for all the fun you just gave us. I am needing to get free of a few items before trying the next instalment but I am looking forward to it immensely.   

Do not read the spoiler if you haven't played the "Blending in" quest as you really would spoil a lot of your fun.

Spoiler

The whole read the ledger scenario must have taken ages to think up and construct but worked really well. There is however a chance for thing to get a little out of sequence but nothing too bad. The storeroom key might need to be able to respawn or be available if the door get locked a second time and the distraction might need to be repeatable in some way too as these did block my progress when I did things a little out of sequence but nothing a reverted save couldn't fix.  First class work though and love the new dialogue you added at the end..  Will Katrina ever where the Armbinder I wonder haha ..  

Thank you again.  Well worth the wait ..

Very nice work, Laura. Thanks a lot for this amazing new installment of your mod. It was very fun to play through, though I enjoyed the first quest by far the most (which is probably appropriate for the amount of work you put into it).

Also, I did encounter one bug:

Spoiler

When i managed to sneak past Daubenyn or how he is called without the distraction and managed to actually sneak past him it would just make me freeze after walking into the trigger, no talking, no walking back, no nothing.

31 minutes ago, steelmagpie said:
Spoiler

There is however a chance for thing to get a little out of sequence but nothing too bad. The storeroom key might need to be able to respawn or be available if the door get locked a second time and the distraction might need to be repeatable in some way too as these did block my progress when I did things a little out of sequence but nothing a reverted save couldn't fix.

Both can be used unlimited times already.

Did i run into a bug during "blending in"? i read the ledger and got to the point where i have to wait for katarina. The first thing i try to do while i wait is to go back into the cell katarina puts you in and now i am stuck. I think i may have broken a script, as i am waiting a pretty long time for katarina to come back. Is she supposed to take a long time?

EDIT: I reloaded a save and replayed the quest and it seems i jumped the gun a little on getting in the cell. i went in the cell before the prompt came up to talk to holden and i ended up being unable to move or interact with anything after i entered the cell.

7 minutes ago, Frostgestalt said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Both can be used unlimited times already.

can they?  It might be the key was taken from me due to a SLAdventures event (robbery) which I did think was   a possiblity. Thanks for the heads up though as that means there was no troubles in the scenario itself.. 

Thank you all so much for the kind words. :blush:

I'm not going to reply to everyone because I don't have much more to say other than thank you, but it's great to see that it works and that you're enjoying it. :)

4 hours ago, Garfieldcat said:

Noooo! Such cliffhanger! Now I need to wait for the next season like with a favorite series :sweat:

Loved it! The 1st new quest is simply fantastic :love:
Oh and I do adore the new banners :) 

The only "bug" that I found (apart from few random crashes which went away after reloading the game) is conversation between the sisters after one of the quests.
The lines of one of the girls display for like half a sec while the other one displays normally.

Again it could have been Skyrim as I had that weirdness before in some original questline.

Thank you. :D

About the bug, if you had the same issue with other content, it must be a Skyrim thing.

4 hours ago, Hellethia said:

Hello Laura !

Thank you for the update, it's great ! My new favourite DD mod !

I just have one problem tho: Laura has 2 objects to sell only: steel cuffs, and one plug... There's nothing else :/

I'm probably alone to have this problem, but do you know how I could fix it please ? :)

:D

I haven't seen someone report this, but it sounds like her inventory got a bit messed up when you updated. Skyrim doesn't really like it when things change, so things like that can happen.

I think resetting the inventory will fix it. Go outside the shop and wait just over 24 hours to reset it.

1 hour ago, steelmagpie said:

Wow. just wow!.  I have just played through the first part of the new quests.  Excellent. You must have put so much work into it, thank you for all the fun you just gave us. I am needing to get free of a few items before trying the next instalment but I am looking forward to it immensely.   

Do not read the spoiler if you haven't played the "Blending in" quest as you really would spoil a lot of your fun.

Reveal hidden contents

The whole read the ledger scenario must have taken ages to think up and construct but worked really well. There is however a chance for thing to get a little out of sequence but nothing too bad. The storeroom key might need to be able to respawn or be available if the door get locked a second time and the distraction might need to be repeatable in some way too as these did block my progress when I did things a little out of sequence but nothing a reverted save couldn't fix.  First class work though and love the new dialogue you added at the end..  Will Katrina ever where the Armbinder I wonder haha ..  

Thank you again.  Well worth the wait ..

Thank you so much. :blush:

Spoilers for Blending In:

Spoiler

You can already start the distraction as many times as you want and the key isn't taken from you when you fail. So there shouldn't be a hard failstate.

By the way, the part where to have to read the ledger is inspired by this riddle: https://riddlesbrainteasers.com/fox-chicken-sack-grain/

It's like a light version of that riddle. Just like in the riddle, you get a few options and you'll have to figure out which order you have to swap.

I was brainstorming for a puzzle-like challenge and I suddenly remembered this riddle from a RuneScape quest. :P

1 hour ago, Frostgestalt said:

Very nice work, Laura. Thanks a lot for this amazing new installment of your mod. It was very fun to play through, though I enjoyed the first quest by far the most (which is probably appropriate for the amount of work you put into it).

Also, I did encounter one bug:

Hide contents

When i managed to sneak past Daubenyn or how he is called without the distraction and managed to actually sneak past him it would just make me freeze after walking into the trigger, no talking, no walking back, no nothing.

Spoilers for Blending In:

Spoiler

He's supposed to catch you and a scene should start where it walks you out of that room.

This may have something to do with the ForceGreet not working because he can't see you.

1 hour ago, bruh... said:

Did i run into a bug during "blending in"? i read the ledger and got to the point where i have to wait for katarina. The first thing i try to do while i wait is to go back into the cell katarina puts you in and now i am stuck. I think i may have broken a script, as i am waiting a pretty long time for katarina to come back. Is she supposed to take a long time?

EDIT: I reloaded a save and replayed the quest and it seems i jumped the gun a little on getting in the cell. i went in the cell before the prompt came up to talk to holden and i ended up being unable to move or interact with anything after i entered the cell.

Pretty much the same here. Read the Ledger and advanched the quest to "wait for Katarina". Holden intercepts ("follow Holden" queststage starts), leads me to the front of the cage and wants to shag. No matter my choice, after the dialog  (follow Holden stages finishes) my character freezes in front of the cage and Katarina never appears.

1 hour ago, bruh... said:

That's weird. I don't expect it to fail when you do that. I'll take a look at it.

26 minutes ago, Mirabo said:

Pretty much the same here. Read the Ledger and advanched the quest to "wait for Katarina". Holden intercepts ("follow Holden" queststage starts), leads me to the front of the cage and wants to shag. No matter my choice, after the dialog  (follow Holden stages finishes) my character freezes in front of the cage and Katarina never appears.

That happened to one of the testers, but only once and we never figured out what caused it. We think that it's one of those random Skyrim fuckups that the game is famous for, but we're not sure.

I suggest that you go back to a save before you started Blending In and try it again.

If you're still having issues after that, please share a papyrus log from when it happened.

10 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

That's weird. I don't expect it to fail when you do that. I'll take a look at it.

After the player is prompted to walk into the cage, you can remove the AI control and scene package from them. Not like they are going anywhere with the door closed.

12 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

That happened to one of the testers, but only once and we never figured out what caused it. We think that it's one of those random Skyrim fuckups that the game is famous for, but we're not sure.

Oh yeah, fun times were had with this one.

One thing to try would be not starting the scene right away from the hook, but just a regular dialogue line or two that eventually starts up the scene. Also consider adding the wait time to the other function that is supposed to start up the scene, when the sex is refused.

I have finished the new quests now and want more.  Excellent stuff and great story line..  Very happy to wait again for the next update if the quality of this one is anything to go by.  Good things take time so there is no rush but just know it will be greatly welcomed when it arrives ..

I'm enjoying this update very much. The storyline is great! 

About my only criticism is the quest for the "third girl". 

Spoiler

I missed the right chest, and instead I ran the entire area to the very end. And was going crazy at the end. Had to come here to figure out what I wanted was right at the beginning. It's A LOT of wasted time. Sure, I could've been smarter and deduce it was at the entrance because of the bandits. But maybe this one really needed a quest pointer.

Any way, it was no big deal, and I can't wait to see how the story continues!