Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

2 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

The problem is that I get nervous before I release an update. So I always keep testing it for too long because discovering that there was something wrong with it after I released it scares me. ?

There's really no need to be nervous. Even if something goes wrong with a release, there's nothing that can't be fixed with a patch afterwards. And also, this is a modding community, not a multi billion company that demands perfect excellence. Just take it as the fun it is. ;)

2 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

It's super close to being done.

The problem is that I get nervous before I release [..] discovering that there was something wrong with it [..]

Good luck! ?

And watch out for last minute distractions

Spoiler

?

5 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

It's super close to being done.

The problem is that I get nervous before I release an update. So I always keep testing it for too long because discovering that there was something wrong with it after I released it scares me. ?

But I'm 84.6% sure that it'll be ready for release this month.

Fear not! :) 
It's admirable to want to release a flawless project, but truth is, no matter how many tests you may run, something unpredictable will happen one way or the other.
Huge companies that live off making such stuff, patch things weeks, months and even years after the release :P (just look at Skyrim itself, still so many nasty bugs!)

Anyway, not trying to rush you or anything (although I did start a 2 week time off of work, so it would have been great to spend some of it in  your shop! ^_^), but know that there is no need to be stressful about it (I know, easier said than done!).

So I'm having a big problem where her quests do not start, worse still, I'm in her custom chasttiy belt and there's no way to remove it now without the quest! Is there any way to reset it or forcibly remove it via the console?

Startquest command didn't seem to work on anything I tried.

10 hours ago, mantafirefly said:

So I'm having a big problem where her quests do not start, worse still, I'm in her custom chasttiy belt and there's no way to remove it now without the quest! Is there any way to reset it or forcibly remove it via the console?

Startquest command didn't seem to work on anything I tried.

If the quest failed to start, there's no way to remove the belt. You'll have to go back to a previous save.

Something must've prevented them from starting.

How old is the save?

Have you installed or uninstalled mods during that save/playthrough?

Can you share the papyrus log from when it failed to start?

Does this also happen with a new save/character?

Hm, your mod playing with fast travel restrictions alot. But for some reason it doesnt work with Better Fast Travel. In fact non of the mods that suddenly restrict fast travel work. DCL for example.(and by "don't work" I mean I still can fast travel)

Any ideas how to make this damn mod work with loverslab mods? It's very neat tho, adds alot of carriages and stuff to immersively fast travel, would of been shame to get rid of it.

5 minutes ago, Yukitemi said:

Hm, your mod playing with fast travel restrictions alot. But for some reason it doesnt work with Better Fast Travel. In fact non of the mods that suddenly restrict fast travel work. DCL for example.(and by "don't work" I mean I still can fast travel)

Any ideas how to make this damn mod work with loverslab mods? It's very neat tho, adds alot of carriages and stuff to immersively fast travel, would of been shame to get rid of it.

I don't know how Better Fast Travel works, but when mods disable fast travel, they disable the vanilla fast travel system. It sounds like Better Fast Travel uses a different method, so it isn't effected.

It's best to not use or uninstall BFT if it's bothering you. Mods like mine don't work with BFT because it's not a good thing to change things from other mods and because it would be a ton of work to do it with all the fast travel mods that would need it.

1 hour ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I don't know how Better Fast Travel works, but when mods disable fast travel, they disable the vanilla fast travel system. It sounds like Better Fast Travel uses a different method, so it isn't effected.

It's best to not use or uninstall BFT if it's bothering you. Mods like mine don't work with BFT because it's not a good thing to change things from other mods and because it would be a ton of work to do it with all the fast travel mods that would need it.

The funny thing is when it sometimes work. I had those rare accasions when it says "I can't fast travel in these bonds"(in your quest about strange rock, if im not mistaken). That's why it confuses the hell out of me. :3

Yeah, I guess it comes down to uninstalling it or disabling fast travel all together, BFT has that option.

Thanks for clarifying. ❤️

Hi, just checked this out after Captured dreams has now been removed :?

Maybe it would be worth changing the text the characters say? (I remember one of them refrences the shop)

Anyway, just wondering if you are going to add more soulgem/enchanted plugs in the future and extend what CD did maybe?

20 hours ago, dragondoom42 said:

Hi, just checked this out after Captured dreams has now been removed :?

Maybe it would be worth changing the text the characters say? (I remember one of them refrences the shop)

Anyway, just wondering if you are going to add more soulgem/enchanted plugs in the future and extend what CD did maybe?

It's a shame that it's gone, it was a damn good mod. :(

I was one of his testers and I learned most of what I know from him. Veladarius is a great guy.

I don't want to copy his stuff. The forced and nonconsensual stuff also isn't my style, but I could try to fill the hole CDS left.

What kind of stuff would you like to see?

11 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I was one of his testers and I learned most of what I know from him. Veladarius is a great guy.

I don't want to copy his stuff. The forced and nonconsensual stuff also isn't my style, but I could try to fill the hole CDS left.

Hmm interesting, I have attempted to make mods, but all I can do is duplicate items and change stats

I would just like to see just some enchanted plugs that increase stats really, but then on the other hand it may be a little problematic when just copying things directly. I know that some would just want a direct copy, with quests and everything but I just want mods to be simple (bringing back using old versions of that animal mansion mod, very painful!)

39 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I think you should just expand and keep doing the stuff you're already doing. This mod is very good and has even greater potential, the quest it brings are very fun and surprising so just keep up the good work. I can't wait to see how the narrative moves on ?

I think the "required" conversion to DD 4.x has halted the mod's progress in general. Or maybe the other issue that where discussed in the testing DM (let's keep the details private) are what lead to the removal. Anyway, shame to see it go was a good mod.

You could look into a "CD-lite" the idea of a non-ponyplay courier is something that's a nice DD themed alternative to the standard run around quests and mods like S.L.U.T.S.

There could also be a consequences system to the mod, something that was discussed earlier. If you play by her rules all is fun and good but if you mess up you get to see her darker more dominant side. Or maybe hand that off to her assistant.

well, i was a big fan of some of CD stuff, like the plug, the simple delivery quest with the belt plug, and a punishment if you fail, i was also a big fan of the embassy quest, so how about a quest than send the PC as a sex slave (only if she voluntary) to a jarl or something for some days, and at the end if she fullfill her role getting a big reward like payment and if not getting imprisonned (with the PO stuff maybe), or just a simple repeatable delivery quest with someting simillar to CD would be good (btw i just discovered your mod while trying to redo all of my very old skyrim installation and the CD mod dissapear was the arrow to my knee, and i looking forward to try it when i finished my brand new skyrim installation)

52 minutes ago, dragondoom42 said:

Hmm interesting, I have attempted to make mods, but all I can do is duplicate items and change stats

I would just like to see just some enchanted plugs that increase stats really, but then on the other hand it may be a little problematic when just copying things directly. I know that some would just want a direct copy, with quests and everything but I just want mods to be simple (bringing back using old versions of that animal mansion mod, very painful!)

He made the Little Helpers Plugs with an enchantment, so making something like that should be easy.

23 minutes ago, Volodja1 said:

I think you should just expand and keep doing the stuff you're already doing. This mod is very good and has even greater potential, the quest it brings are very fun and surprising so just keep up the good work. I can't wait to see how the narrative moves on ?

Thank you. :blush:

It won't distract me from making what I want. Making stuff that I want to make will always have priority, but it will give me more opportunities. I always really liked CDS' stuff, but I didn't want to make things that he already made. But now that he deleted CDS, I feel like my mod could help fill people's CDS shaped hole. (I know that "CDS shaped hole" sounds dramatic, but I don't now how else to say it. :P)

My mod won't turn into CDS, but there are a few things that I could do.

9 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

He made the Little Helpers Plugs with an enchantment, so making something like that should be easy.

Thank you. :blush:

It won't distract me from making what I want. Making stuff that I want to make will always have priority, but it will give me more opportunities. I always really liked CDS' stuff, but I didn't want to make things that he already made. But now that he deleted CDS, I feel like my mod could help fill people's CDS shaped hole. (I know that "CDS shaped hole" sounds dramatic, but I don't now how else to say it. :P)

My mod won't turn into CDS, but there are a few things that I could do.

Miauw, me waiting patiently for a release ❤️

t4bmhf04hpi01.jpg

6 minutes ago, naaitsab said:

I think the "required" conversion to DD 4.x has halted the mod's progress in general. Or maybe the other issue that where discussed in the testing DM (let's keep the details private) are what lead to the removal. Anyway, shame to see it go was a good mod.

I'm not going to share what happened. That wouldn't be fair.

6 minutes ago, naaitsab said:

You could look into a "CD-lite" the idea of a non-ponyplay courier is something that's a nice DD themed alternative to the standard run around quests and mods like S.L.U.T.S.

There could also be a consequences system to the mod, something that was discussed earlier. If you play by her rules all is fun and good but if you mess up you get to see her darker more dominant side. Or maybe hand that off to her assistant.

The delivery quest was one of my favorites from CDS, I probably played that about 100 times. It's definitely something I would like to make.

Something like the CDS's punishments were also really good. The problem was that I didn't want to fail, but I really liked the punishments. :P

I could make something like those punishments as a reward for something. I'll never be a fan of nonconsensual stuff, so it would be a roleplay after you asker her to do it.

5 minutes ago, overlordsupreme33 said:

well, i was a big fan of some of CD stuff, like the plug, the simple delivery quest with the belt plug, and a punishment if you fail, i was also a big fan of the embassy quest, so how about a quest than send the PC as a sex slave (only if she voluntary) to a jarl or something for some days, and at the end if she fullfill her role getting a big reward like payment and if not getting imprisonned (with the PO stuff maybe), or just a simple repeatable delivery quest with someting simillar to CD would be good (btw i just discovered your mod while trying to redo all of my very old skyrim installation and the CD mod dissapear was the arrow to my knee, and i looking forward to try it when i finished my brand new skyrim installation)

I'm still a big fan of repeatable quests. So I'll probably make something like the delivery or recovery quest.

13 minutes ago, overlordsupreme33 said:

i was also a big fan of the embassy quest

Then you're probably going to like the upcoming update. :D

2 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I'm not going to share what happened. That wouldn't be fair.

The delivery quest was one of my favorites from CDS, I probably played that about 100 times. It's definitely something I would like to make.

Something like the CDS's punishments were also really good. The problem was that I didn't want to fail, but I really liked the punishments. :P

I could make something like those punishments as a reward for something. I'll never be a fan of nonconsensual stuff, so it would be a roleplay after you asker her to do it.

I'm still a big fan of repeatable quests. So I'll probably make something like the delivery or recovery quest.

Then you're probably going to like the upcoming update. :D

You could start with the delivery quest part. It's not really that hard to set up. If you need help with the idea let me know.

The outcome reflecting your results on the quest are the most fun of CD. That would require most of the work, getting the "afterparty" done.

Also working on something similar for my upcoming mod that revolves around the Dwemer Cuirass from MaikCG. The quests for the mod are stil in the design phase at the moment but the framework for the Cuirass and level design is mostly done.

43 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

That cat is super cute.

I'm pretty sure it'll be ready for release at the end of the week.

Just a question but with the new update , are we going to see the quest line continue or will it be more off a repeatable quest content ish release

because personally i appreciate unique quest lines above repeatable content

56 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

That cat is super cute.

I'm pretty sure it'll be ready for release at the end of the week.

End of the week is friday, yes? :P You can't possibly count glorious weekends as part of the week, right ? :P 

And after reading the above mentioned CD Embassy quest
 and you replying with a tease:

Then you're probably going to like the upcoming update. :D

I'm thrilled!
As much as I love awesome new devices, animations and such, I think that new quests are still my #1.

I honestly LOVED your thief quest and was truly looking forward to my trip to the slaver! And even though the outcome was different I was still satisfied with the ending and kept hoping for more.

Can't wait! 

Regarding Captured Dreams, I really loved it. When it initially came out I really loved the Embassy quest. It was unstable for me, kept crashing, but I wanted to continue cause it was so good. And when it got the huge update ...really loved the Manor slave and Relationship slave content. Many people complained ..that it was too repetitive..I didn't find it so and was really looking forward to more content. but more importantly I hope Vel is doing alright. that is more important. 

5 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I could make something like those punishments as a reward for something. I'll never be a fan of nonconsensual stuff, so it would be a roleplay after you asked her to do it.

Yes, this please.  Repeatable quests, particularly with various (and configurable) challenges.  They wouldn't have to all be ambush stuff.  If you're on a short timer to complete the quest and get presented with the chance to help someone, do you do it?  It might delay you just enough to fail.  Should you?  Hmm.

On the punishments, you could handle that with dialog.  Laura could ask how challenging you want it, or you could ask for a harder assignment, with a lower chance of success and a higher reward.  The understanding is that requesting a super-duper challenging job is basically requesting the punishment, and the lines could be written with that context.  You might actually succeed and get a nice reward, or fail and get a different kind of reward.  There's a lot of room for consequences and punishments that's not non-consensual.

Going along with that, if you've established a good relationship with Laura, she might let you choose your punishment after you fail, with the additional option "I'll let you decide."  Again the idea is you wanted the punishment, but this way it was a game.  If you want to get really involved, if you let her choose, Laura might remember which punishments you've requested before and have a weighted chance of being more likely (but not guaranteed) to give you what you like.  Because it's a fun punishment, not a harsh one.

5 hours ago, Garfieldcat said:

End of the week is friday, yes? :P You can't possibly count glorious weekends as part of the week, right ? :P 

And after reading the above mentioned CD Embassy quest
 and you replying with a tease:

I'm thrilled!
As much as I love awesome new devices, animations and such, I think that new quests are still my #1.

I honestly LOVED your thief quest and was truly looking forward to my trip to the slaver! And even though the outcome was different I was still satisfied with the ending and kept hoping for more.

Can't wait! 

Exactly how I feel!!!

I probably replayed the thief quest about 20 times. I checked every week for progress updates and I am so excited for it´s release. This feels like christmas and birthday combined ?

Thank you so much for all the time and care you are putting in your work, and be sure that it´s appreciated! ?

6 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

It is actually quite easy.

For example, I've made some OP'd plugs that never let you cum in exchange for increased health/stamina/magicka regen.