Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

Just recently got a computer that can handle Skyrim SE and Mods, and found this gem. After learning the hard way how to install mods AND get them to work properly, I finally saw results getting this mod to run (v3.21SSE). Most of the outfit items work or don't disappear now, and while I have difficulty understanding how to deal with getting restraints off in game, I am still learning the mechanics for how to interact with them in game, so I figure that's just ignorance on my part right now.

But, I did run into two problems that I think are beyond simple ignorance. They involve the shop quests. Now, I was able to complete the first quest, the rock of White Run. After finishing that quest I went back to the Shop, and asked about "Collar on the counter". I proceeded through the dialogue and was told to wait on the rug. I stand underneath the quest marker ..... and nothing happens. I stood there for 5 minutes after Laura walked over, nothing happened. I used the 'Wait' function of Skyrim for 1 hour and more, nothing happened. I tried used the 'Activate' button to 'Talk to Laura' since that prompt was available, and no dialogue menu popped up, Laura didn't move or do anything, nothing else happened.

I finally reloaded and old save and tried a different shop quest. This time I went through the dialogue options for the quest to find Jade in Solitude. After receiving the potions and the restraints, I found the correct character in the Blue Palace. I went through the dialogue options and got to the point where she takes the potion from me and my character is frozen... and then she just stays sitting in her chair, drinking from a mug, and nothing else happens. I can't move, the plot doesn't seem to progress, and I end up having to load a save.

Okay, I don't know what's causing this to not advance at these points. Given how many troubles I've had along the way to get here, I assume I messed something up during installation, but I don't know where to go to start looking. I'd appreciate any help anyone is willing to give me so I can continue these quests, they look like a lot of fun.

Oh, and in case it makes a difference, I'm using a Steam version of Skyrim SE, and I manage my mods with Mod Organizer v2.4.2..

18 hours ago, John.Nemo.Smith said:

Just recently got a computer that can handle Skyrim SE and Mods, and found this gem. After learning the hard way how to install mods AND get them to work properly, I finally saw results getting this mod to run (v3.21SSE). Most of the outfit items work or don't disappear now, and while I have difficulty understanding how to deal with getting restraints off in game, I am still learning the mechanics for how to interact with them in game, so I figure that's just ignorance on my part right now.

But, I did run into two problems that I think are beyond simple ignorance. They involve the shop quests. Now, I was able to complete the first quest, the rock of White Run. After finishing that quest I went back to the Shop, and asked about "Collar on the counter". I proceeded through the dialogue and was told to wait on the rug. I stand underneath the quest marker ..... and nothing happens. I stood there for 5 minutes after Laura walked over, nothing happened. I used the 'Wait' function of Skyrim for 1 hour and more, nothing happened. I tried used the 'Activate' button to 'Talk to Laura' since that prompt was available, and no dialogue menu popped up, Laura didn't move or do anything, nothing else happened.

I finally reloaded and old save and tried a different shop quest. This time I went through the dialogue options for the quest to find Jade in Solitude. After receiving the potions and the restraints, I found the correct character in the Blue Palace. I went through the dialogue options and got to the point where she takes the potion from me and my character is frozen... and then she just stays sitting in her chair, drinking from a mug, and nothing else happens. I can't move, the plot doesn't seem to progress, and I end up having to load a save.

Okay, I don't know what's causing this to not advance at these points. Given how many troubles I've had along the way to get here, I assume I messed something up during installation, but I don't know where to go to start looking. I'd appreciate any help anyone is willing to give me so I can continue these quests, they look like a lot of fun.

Oh, and in case it makes a difference, I'm using a Steam version of Skyrim SE, and I manage my mods with Mod Organizer v2.4.2..

This sounds like you've botched something with the requirement mods. That, and failed to run Bodyslide after it all. And possibly FNIS as well.

I advise you to confirm you have the requirements (and their own requirements) installed. Check their load order makes sense (mods have the required ones load first), and make sure to run FNIS and Bodyslide. None of this should be highly complicated but I don't use MO so I don't know how the exact steps are with it, you'll have to find out for yourself. There's tons of Youtube videos with all you need to work with mod managers. Good luck!

18 hours ago, John.Nemo.Smith said:

It could be an issue with DD, would be my guess. I'd also double check you're using the SE version of all the requirements. Did you download DD 4.3 or 5.1? With my version of DD 4.3 for SE, I have an updated runtime (it's a ddl file, I think, the file is named: dd runtime 1.5.97 for skse 2.0.17), I believe it's because SKSE was updated to a different version after the 4.3 was packaged.

When you start your game, do you save and reload after sexlab has said that it installed correctly? On my new characters I have 3 or 4 save and reloads in the cell, before they're actually ready to play.

On 6/15/2021 at 5:49 AM, Tetras66 said:

It could be an issue with DD, would be my guess. I'd also double check you're using the SE version of all the requirements. Did you download DD 4.3 or 5.1? With my version of DD 4.3 for SE, I have an updated runtime (it's a ddl file, I think, the file is named: dd runtime 1.5.97 for skse 2.0.17), I believe it's because SKSE was updated to a different version after the 4.3 was packaged.

When you start your game, do you save and reload after sexlab has said that it installed correctly? On my new characters I have 3 or 4 save and reloads in the cell, before they're actually ready to play.

I'm using DD 5.1, and I don't know exactly what I did, but I finally got it all to work. I've been adding several mods, and I guess somewhere along the way I cleaned up my issue.

Thanks for the note about reloading after SexLabs, I've noticed fewer issues after that.

When doing Laura's quest to find new gear, I got a quest that had the same location twice.  Inside his dungeon, I only found 1 out of the two items, which did not complete the quest.  I had to give myself the gear using console commands in order to complete.

The mod also does not read Deviously Cursed Loot's settings of "Merciful Dungeons", meaning that if you find an armbinder at the start of the dungeon, you might be stuck in it until you can find a blacksmith.

Sometimes Laura will glitch and fail to unequip certain devices from you - her collar, for example.

Edited by ChandraArgentis
41 minutes ago, ChandraArgentis said:

When doing Laura's quest to find new gear, I got a quest that had the same location twice.  Inside his dungeon, I only found 1 out of the two items, which did not complete the quest.  I had to give myself the gear using console commands in order to complete.

The mod also does not read Deviously Cursed Loot's settings of "Merciful Dungeons", meaning that if you find an armbinder at the start of the dungeon, you might be stuck in it until you can find a blacksmith.

Sometimes Laura will glitch and fail to unequip certain devices from you - her collar, for example.

When you have the same dungeon twice, normally it's a chest right at the beginning, which should allow you to retreat and search for a blacksmith to get you out, and the boss himself. The cursed loot from this mod is not related in any way to Kimy's Cursed Loot mod, so those settings don't affect anything here. And it's still on DD4.3 not on DD5.1 (that came after the development of the coming storyline started, so we users just have to wait.)

Things failing to unequip might be quest items, which is a good thing that those are heeded, or in rare cases might be incompatibility of 4.3 to 5.1 although I didn't have that on a collar. The 4.3 script load to unequip things is really high, and things are prone to go wrong.

6 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

When you have the same dungeon twice, normally it's a chest right at the beginning, which should allow you to retreat and search for a blacksmith to get you out, and the boss himself. The cursed loot from this mod is not related in any way to Kimy's Cursed Loot mod, so those settings don't affect anything here. And it's still on DD4.3 not on DD5.1 (that came after the development of the coming storyline started, so we users just have to wait.)

Things failing to unequip might be quest items, which is a good thing that those are heeded, or in rare cases might be incompatibility of 4.3 to 5.1 although I didn't have that on a collar. The 4.3 script load to unequip things is really high, and things are prone to go wrong.

It was in the beginning, so I cleared the dungeon and then came back to it.  Dungeon only included the bindings from that one chest.

One of the two items was the collar that Laura herself put on me for a delivery once.  The other item was a blindfold from Devious Devices.  All I'm saying is that it should probably check twice that it did indeed unequip everything.  In the case of the blindfold, I observed it unequip and then re-equip the item.

Edited by ChandraArgentis
2 minutes ago, AKELLO_11 said:

Laura is partially undressed

How is she undressed exactly? What piece of clothing is she missing? Normally, she is supposed to wear a black catsuit and cuffs + collars from Devious Devices.

Just now, Taki17 said:

Как именно она раздевается? Какого предмета одежды ей не хватает? Обычно она должна носить черный комбинезон и манжеты + воротники от Devious Devices.

Yes you do not understand, she is not undressed and some parts of her clothes are not visible, you can see her head, hands and feet

But her partner is fully dressed, well sometimes I fly out, but it's bearable

Just now, AKELLO_11 said:

some parts of her clothes are not visible, you can see her head, hands and feet

Looks like you need to build the items and outfits from Devious Devices in Bodyslide. If the items are built, her body won't be invisible anymore. There is a quick guide on how to use Bodyslide on this mod's download page.

Just now, Taki17 said:

Looks like you need to build the items and outfits from Devious Devices in Bodyslide. If the items are built, her body won't be invisible anymore. There is a quick guide on how to use Bodyslide on this mod's download page.

I built this, but it's still partially invisible 

There Laura wrote about some overalls can be replaced, but I do not understand how, I'm not good at English

1 hour ago, AKELLO_11 said:

There Laura wrote about some overalls can be replaced, but I do not understand how, I'm not good at English

Тогда или Вы неправльно запустили bodyslide, или с неправильного фолдера, или не построили кошачий костьюм. Вам надо построить DDX MXW_Catsuit. Я не знаю, как правильно называется костюм в LE версии. В бодуслиде фильтре наберите слово catsuit, выберите тот кто содержит DXX MXW_catsuit и постройте его. Если Лаура не видима, значит вы пользуйтесь неправильно bodysuit, или моды неравильно инсталированны. DD and bodyslide.

Кнопка Build в bodyslide.

Just now, Elsidia said:

Тогда или Вы неправильно запустили оползень, или с неправильного фолдера, или не построили кошачий костью. Вам надо построить DDX MXW_Catsuit. Я не знаю, как правильно называется костюм в LE версии. В бодуслиде фильтре наберите слово комбинезон, выберите тот, кто содержит DXX MXW_catsuit и постройте его. Если Лаура не видима, значит вы пользуетесь неправильным боди, или моды неравильно инсталированны. DD и bodyslide.

Кнопка Build в bodyslide.

What you wrote I understood only a little bit, the translator translated it so you can stand or fall, I have a version of se, if anything