Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

On 2/27/2021 at 1:02 PM, Laura said:

Reading all pages to find it would be madness. Whenever you can't find something, try looking where you thought you already looked.

We should use that ^ as a(the) key trope in another escape-this-bondage quest ?

5 hours ago, Laura said:

But I do want to give the player options.

Nevertheless, we must not forget the powerful magic behind DEVIOUS devices. ?

That's a force (most likely of devine nature) not taken to be lightly, even by the most powerful dragonborn.

So, whoever controls these devices has devine powers at his/her disposal:classic_ph34r:

3 hours ago, worik said:

Nevertheless, we must not forget the powerful magic behind DEVIOUS devices. ?

That's a force (most likely of devine nature) not taken to be lightly, even by the most powerful dragonborn.

So, whoever controls these devices has devine powers at his/her disposal:classic_ph34r:

How about putting the Mistress in DDs for a change/plottwist ^^ So far all DD use in this mod was consensual (I think).

1 minute ago, xyzxyz said:

How about putting the Mistress in DDs for a change/plottwist ^^ So far all DD use in this mod was consensual (I think).

I'd say, it's the DDs that make the victim WANTing to be bound.

To get your outcome, the PC would have to master the DDs and get ultimate control over one of them. Next step would be to prepare a trap, and wait and see :classic_ph34r:

Something like the first thief quest in Solitude but aimed in the opposite direction.

Spoiler

Gaining control over a DD and being able to withstand it's alluring magic would be a quest or two on it's own.

21 minutes ago, worik said:

I'd say, it's the DDs that make the victim WANTing to be bound.

To get your outcome, the PC would have to master the DDs and get ultimate control over one of them. Next step would be to prepare a trap, and wait and see :classic_ph34r:

Something like the first thief quest in Solitude but aimed in the opposite direction.

Reveal hidden contents

Gaining control over a DD and being able to withstand it's alluring magic would be a quest or two on it's own.

I would totally play that. There are enough mods where the player is just a victim of/in DDs.

On 4/1/2021 at 4:02 AM, OCJeriko said:

There must have been some script running in the background.  Once I got back there again, it worked fine

Glad it worked. :)

But there could be an underlying problem. Maybe it's as simple as another mod interfering, but it could also be caused by an unstable game. I suggest taking a look at it first. You don't want to run into more problems down the line.

23 hours ago, kronnos44 said:

Hey laura , any teaser off what we might expect off the next content update?

Well, it's a story update and this could've been a short and simple update, but I completely overdid it. :P

Hey @Laura,

as so much of your mod relies on dialogues and comments, did you think about using SKVA Synth to actually get voice for it? Yes, it's a SE link, though the tool itself is standalone.

The author also recreates the different voice sets for better quality, as well as there's now a batch creation feature since v3.

I think it wold be really cool to actually hear the conversation in the shop, as those create very much of the mod's atmosphere :innocent:

Even if they wouldn't sound perfect right at the start, I think it would be much appreciated 

4 hours ago, Mister X said:

Hey @Laura,

as so much of your mod relies on dialogues and comments, did you think about using SKVA Synth to actually get voice for it? Yes, it's a SE link, though the tool itself is standalone.

The author also recreates the different voice sets for better quality, as well as there's now a batch creation feature since v3.

I think it wold be really cool to actually hear the conversation in the shop, as those create very much of the mod's atmosphere :innocent:

Even if they wouldn't sound perfect right at the start, I think it would be much appreciated 

Yeah, I heard about it.

Sounds better than I first thought, but it's still too deep into uncanny valley I think. Bad voice acting is often worse than not having VA and it also adds even more work to an update.

Hi, I have the invisible catsuit problem on laura. I updated DD from the tripple DDI,A and E to DD 5.1 , build the DDs in bodyslide and installed this mod again. Sadly Lauras catsuit is still invisible. Any idea what else I can do? All other items have no texture problems. Apparently she equips a suit that doesn't exist anymore.

I have another PC were it works flawless with the same mods so I have no idea.

11 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

Hi, I have the invisible catsuit problem on laura. I updated DD from the tripple DDI,A and E to DD 5.1 , build the DDs in bodyslide and installed this mod again. Sadly Lauras catsuit is still invisible. Any idea what else I can do? All other items have no texture problems. Apparently she equips a suit that doesn't exist anymore.

I have another PC were it works flawless with the same mods so I have no idea.

Invisible stuff is not a texture problem (that would be purple) but a missing mesh - so it looks to be a bodyslide problem. Did you by chance (de-)install other mods that come with catsuits, like the Rubber Facility? I'd suggest to have another look at BodySlide...

Hello there~
I'm very sorry if this Problem came up before, but I do not have the Time today to look through all the Comments in here, so I'm just going to ask.
Im stuck in the Quest where you have to fin Sona in the Blue Palace and after speaking with her, not knowing that it is her and having her steal the Potion... Nothing happens.
I get the textbox that says I should be under her Control and can't move anymore, but that is all that happens. Any Idea what could cause this or know fixes?

13 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Invisible stuff is not a texture problem (that would be purple) but a missing mesh - so it looks to be a bodyslide problem. Did you by chance (de-)install other mods that come with catsuits, like the Rubber Facility? I'd suggest to have another look at BodySlide...

The suit is build in bodyslide and visible in the preview. It's just not visible in the game itself.

She wears a suit with the ID  0a03d2c5 MXW_Catsuit and when I add the item to myself it doesn't show up in the inventory. The boots are invisible too.

1 hour ago, xyzxyz said:

The suit is build in bodyslide and visible in the preview. It's just not visible in the game itself.

She wears a suit with the ID  0a03d2c5 MXW_Catsuit and when I add the item to myself it doesn't show up in the inventory. The boots are invisible too.

If you can see it in Bodyslide, it does not mean that it will be built. I had that problem with some meshes of DD at one time too. 

The model for the main body is "skyrim\data\meshes\devious\mxw_catsuit\catsuit_body_1.nif". First check if it exists. 

If it does not exist, you can manually create the mesh. Start Bodyslide, select "DDX - MXW_Catsuit", hold the control key and left click build. This will create the files "catsuit_body_0.nif" and "catsuit_body_1.nif" in your bodyslide folder (where bodyslide.exe is located). Move them to "skyrim\data\meshes\devious\mxw_catsuit".

9 minutes ago, neghthraw said:

If you can see it in Bodyslide, it does not mean that it will be built. I had that problem with some meshes of DD at one time too. 

The model for the main body is "skyrim\data\meshes\devious\mxw_catsuit\catsuit_body_1.nif". First check if it exists. 

If it does not exist, you can manually create the mesh. Start Bodyslide, select "DDX - MXW_Catsuit", hold the control key and left click build. This will create the files "catsuit_body_0.nif" and "catsuit_body_1.nif" in your bodyslide folder (where bodyslide.exe is located). Move them to "skyrim\data\meshes\devious\mxw_catsuit".

The nifs exist and are in the right folder.

12 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

She wears a suit with the ID  0a03d2c5 MXW_Catsuit and when I add the item to myself it doesn't show up in the inventory

This is rendered device and must be invisible in inventory. Instead spawn 0a03d2c4, what is inventory device and equip it. This device automatically equips 0a03d2c5, what is rendered device and have meshes.

On 4/12/2021 at 2:21 PM, Hardcorelauch said:

Hello there~
I'm very sorry if this Problem came up before, but I do not have the Time today to look through all the Comments in here, so I'm just going to ask.
Im stuck in the Quest where you have to fin Sona in the Blue Palace and after speaking with her, not knowing that it is her and having her steal the Potion... Nothing happens.
I get the textbox that says I should be under her Control and can't move anymore, but that is all that happens. Any Idea what could cause this or know fixes?

Something is stopping a scene from playing. Could be caused by an unstable game or missing requirements.

Make sure you have all the requirement and that they're for the right version;

Do you have issues with other mods/content?

Check if this also happens with a new game.

If it still doesn't work, please post the papyrus log.

On 4/12/2021 at 7:21 PM, Hardcorelauch said:

Hello there~

My solution is talking with her when you are in the room in the first floor. 

52 minutes ago, hungvipbcsok said:

My solution is talking with her when you are in the room in the first floor. 

Well Yeah, that is where my Problem beginns, after talking with her, I can't do anything anymore, probably stuck without Character control, but whatever animations should be playing are not playing. I tried around a bit more and noticed, that when I save in that state, and then load that save, she stands up and walks over to the bed where she waits and my Character turns in her direction, but after that, stuck again with nothing happening.

one little question.

since my pc broke down i have to do it all with my laptop but i was in the middle of a quest (and the whole being hooded for about 20 minutes kinda took a toll on my time), could you help me continue from where i left off?

i was just done with the slave market part, i returned from the market to the shop and was released from my bounds.

17 hours ago, Gh0sTG0 said:

Hi! Any news on dd5 ver update? Or it should work well as is? Just back into skyrim modding after some rest and so many new versions of things ?

The update is taking a long time, sorry about that. But it works kinda well as it is. There are a few hickups from what I've heard, but it should be playable.

14 hours ago, toshiyougan said:

one little question.

since my pc broke down i have to do it all with my laptop but i was in the middle of a quest (and the whole being hooded for about 20 minutes kinda took a toll on my time), could you help me continue from where i left off?

i was just done with the slave market part, i returned from the market to the shop and was released from my bounds.

You can use console command 'setstage Laura_WhatSheDeservesQuest to 100' to skip What She Deserves and make Blending In available. Just make sure you're not currently in a quest.