Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

Hello, I am thoroughly enjoying the mod so far ?. I have encountered a little issue though.

I apologize in advance if this has been addressed before, but I haven't been able to find it.

After completing the "Blending In" quest and waiting for Laura and Katarina to finish all their dialogue, I speak to Laura again to try and get started on the next quest.

When I ask her "Is there someting I can do for you?" she tells me that I'm already doing something for her and I need to focus on that. I have no clue what she means however.

I finished A strange rock and what she deserves before this. I have not done any of the side or repeatable quests.

I have also tried it again on a new save, with the same result.

Used the getstage command for the Blending In quest, which is at 400 and should be completed. It also shows as completed in my quest log.

Any other idea's what I could be doing wrong? Any help is appreciated!

9 hours ago, Suxage said:

When I ask her "Is there someting I can do for you?" she tells me that I'm already doing something for her and I need to focus on that. I have no clue what she means however.

Yes, I would love to see a solution for that, too.

I fucked it up myself (I'm good at that!) because while Laura and Katharina were talking, I tried to speak with my SLtR owner. She said "it seems one of us is stuck in a scene - shall I end it?" and I said yes, not knowing that the talking of the two involved me being in a scene, too. So now I can't even do the repeatable quests.

12 hours ago, Suxage said:

Hello, I am thoroughly enjoying the mod so far ?. I have encountered a little issue though.

I apologize in advance if this has been addressed before, but I haven't been able to find it.

After completing the "Blending In" quest and waiting for Laura and Katarina to finish all their dialogue, I speak to Laura again to try and get started on the next quest.

I finished A strange rock and what she deserves before this. I have not done any of the side or repeatable quests.

I have also tried it again on a new save, with the same result.

Used the getstage command for the Blending In quest, which is at 400 and should be completed. It also shows as completed in my quest log.

Any other idea's what I could be doing wrong? Any help is appreciated!

Seems like it failed to properly stop the quest. It checks for active quests when you ask that to make sure only 1 quest is running.

Try using the command: sqv Laura_BI_Quest

It'll then give you a bunch of info, but we're looking for state: Stopped. If it doesn't say stopped, you can use another command: stopquest Laura_BI_Quest. That should fix it.

Let me know if it works.

3 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Yes, I would love to see a solution for that, too.

I fucked it up myself (I'm good at that!) because while Laura and Katharina were talking, I tried to speak with my SLtR owner. She said "it seems one of us is stuck in a scene - shall I end it?" and I said yes, not knowing that the talking of the two involved me being in a scene, too. So now I can't even do the repeatable quests.

Another mod stopping scenes like that is asking for trouble.

You can use the same commands as above, but you'll obviously have to change it if it's a different quest that's stuck.

7 hours ago, HyperonicX said:

After having replaying the questline of this mod, I can easily say that Sloane is one scary bitch.

I wouldn't want to get on her bad side, that's for sure.

Keep up the good work, and here's hoping the next quest will come out soon!

Thank you so much. :blush:

I'm always worried that characters don't come across how I want them to. So it's really good to hear that Sloane really is a scary bitch. :P

On 3/16/2021 at 10:53 AM, Laura said:

Seems like it failed to properly stop the quest. It checks for active quests when you ask that to make sure only 1 quest is running.

Try using the command: sqv Laura_BI_Quest

It'll then give you a bunch of info, but we're looking for state: Stopped. If it doesn't say stopped, you can use another command: stopquest Laura_BI_Quest. That should fix it.

Let me know if it works.

That kind of did the trick. The Laura_BI_Quest had state: Stopped.

At this point I decided to also check the other quests, and for some reason the What she deserves quest was still running.

After manually stopping that quest and talking to Laura again I was able to start the Lost Merchant quest now.

Thanks a lot for your help! ?

2 hours ago, Suxage said:

That kind of did the trick. The Laura_BI_Quest had state: Stopped.

At this point I decided to also check the other quests, and for some reason the What she deserves quest was still running.

After manually stopping that quest and talking to Laura again I was able to start the Lost Merchant quest now.

Thanks a lot for your help! ?

Glad it's fixed. :)

But something in your game kept it from stopping the quests properly. Could be caused by another mod or an unstable game. Do you have more/similar issues in your game?

21 hours ago, Laura said:

Glad it's fixed. :)

But something in your game kept it from stopping the quests properly. Could be caused by another mod or an unstable game. Do you have more/similar issues in your game?

Yeah, I have a few other mods that don't always function like they should, or behave differently depending on the save file (and thus different mods/amount of mods).

In all honesty, my skyrim is a hot mess. ?
I've been thinking about doing a clean reinstall of skyrim and start adding mods again one by one, don't always have the time for that though.

In this case, I was hoping for a quick fix, which was available. Thanks again!

Hmm my game this run already encounter 2 times left over custom DD item after finishing quest. Usually i save the game before finishing quest because this is a very common bug can happen in DD quest but the problem is What she deserve questline when return to Laura shop the talking is way way too long (and save in middle of script can break the game). 

So my suggest is adding a debug menu to handle item from the mod that was left over since right now i have to use Cursed Loot debug to remove Laura custom DD item, which I wasn't expecting to work (but it worked).

6 hours ago, hungvipbcsok said:

Hmm my game this run already encounter 2 times left over custom DD item after finishing quest. Usually i save the game before finishing quest because this is a very common bug can happen in DD quest

So my suggest is adding a debug menu to handle item from the mod that was left over since right now i have to use Cursed Loot debug to remove Laura custom DD item, which I wasn't expecting to work (but it worked).

As of right now, the mod is DD5-compatible "as is". Meaning the latest public version was developed for DD4.3 and will only work guaranteed under that version of the framework, so if you are experiencing issues like this, that is the likely culprit.

However if other DD-related mods (even those which are using the up-do-date DD version) consistently fail at equipping/unequipping items, you should be looking into sorting out your mod setup as well.

10 hours ago, Taki17 said:

As of right now, the mod is DD5-compatible "as is". Meaning the latest public version was developed for DD4.3 and will only work guaranteed under that version of the framework, so if you are experiencing issues like this, that is the likely culprit.

However if other DD-related mods (even those which are using the up-do-date DD version) consistently fail at equipping/unequipping items, you should be looking into sorting out your mod setup as well.

I think the problem is because of script lag, not some bug caused by conflict since this problem has occur during DD4 times already. Usually save load will resolve the problem. This is not something consistently fail at equipping/unequipping items but rather a common accident could happened. 

And since I up my mod list to 400, this happen to me more frequently (15 - 20%), which I can't blame anyone.

4 hours ago, OCJeriko said:

Running into an issue when Sloan first shows up.  I enter the shop and see everyone, but can't move and everyone is just standing around.

This is a relatively new game (started with the mod installed, wasn't installed later).

On SSE.

A scene is supposed to start right then.  Try waiting ('T' usually I think) an hour and see if that kicks it into starting, if that fails reload the game from where you entered.  That might start it.  

12 hours ago, Naps-On-Dirt said:

A scene is supposed to start right then.  Try waiting ('T' usually I think) an hour and see if that kicks it into starting, if that fails reload the game from where you entered.  That might start it.  

Tried both of these several times, no luck.  Just get stuck unable to move and everyone in the room is just standing around :(

9 hours ago, OCJeriko said:

Tried both of these several times, no luck.  Just get stuck unable to move and everyone in the room is just standing around :(

Make sure you have all requirements for the right version.

If you're playing on an old save, check if it does work on a new one.

Do you have mods that take control of characters? Like where it makes them move of do something at random.

If you can, please post the papyrus log.

13 hours ago, Laura said:

Make sure you have all requirements for the right version.

If you're playing on an old save, check if it does work on a new one.

Do you have mods that take control of characters? Like where it makes them move of do something at random.

If you can, please post the papyrus log.

I found that I was also unable to use any workbench or crafting place, so may have been some script running in the background.  I've reverted to a previous save several hours earlier where I could still use those and will have to get back to that point in the story.  Once I get there, I'll report back on if its working.

10 hours ago, OCJeriko said:

I found that I was also unable to use any workbench or crafting place, so may have been some script running in the background.  I've reverted to a previous save several hours earlier where I could still use those and will have to get back to that point in the story.  Once I get there, I'll report back on if its working.

Okay, let me know.

Hi Laura,

thx for the awesome mod. I know you are getting a lot of suggestions so I apologize if mine has already come in or is ridiculous ?. Acting as a display model at the shop or in the house of a customer would be great. The other thing I really miss from captured dreams is some kind of dominant vs submissive counter. Doesn't need so many special quests- could be just dialogue. The results it could have is Laura really turning into the PCs master and doing little things: whipping, display model, rent out, furniture lock ins, special gear equiped like the pet suit and some matching dialogue. Maybe you get a chance if you do a delivery well to respond in a way that gets you out on the dominant scale again and out of your more toxic relationship with Laura. There really would have to be no endgame like all submissive or dominant scene etc. it could just be a continuum of dialogue with repeatable dress ups, furniture mini quests....would be so much fun.

On 3/27/2021 at 2:22 AM, pnutz78 said:

Hi Laura,

thx for the awesome mod. I know you are getting a lot of suggestions so I apologize if mine has already come in or is ridiculous ?. Acting as a display model at the shop or in the house of a customer would be great. The other thing I really miss from captured dreams is some kind of dominant vs submissive counter. Doesn't need so many special quests- could be just dialogue. The results it could have is Laura really turning into the PCs master and doing little things: whipping, display model, rent out, furniture lock ins, special gear equiped like the pet suit and some matching dialogue. Maybe you get a chance if you do a delivery well to respond in a way that gets you out on the dominant scale again and out of your more toxic relationship with Laura. There really would have to be no endgame like all submissive or dominant scene etc. it could just be a continuum of dialogue with repeatable dress ups, furniture mini quests....would be so much fun.

I want to do something like that after the story is complete. :)

It won't be like exactly like CDS. I want it to be friendly and playful. Stuff like asking for punishments yourself and maybe even having to earn punishments.

8 hours ago, Laura said:

I want to do something like that after the story is complete. :)

It won't be like exactly like CDS. I want it to be friendly and playful. Stuff like asking for punishments yourself and maybe even having to earn punishments.

That's great to hear! Yeah I understand- not expecting the same personality as the master in CDS. I guess what I am looking for is a bit of a relationship building between the PC and Laura and as it does Laura and the PC get a little obsessed with one another and the "games" get a little more intense and varied. Maybe Laura at some point takes you out on a walk through White run in a pet suit or horse girl dress up. Or she asks you to wear a specific set of devices for some time or a delivery...things like that ?

Just an idea here. Experimental restraints. The player is to try on restraints with a modified version of the curse, and explore with them on. The could do many things like bind more restrains, help the player find more loot, make the player horny or frigid, or any other idea you can come up with. Completely consensual of course.

16 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

Hi, how are you doing? And how is the mod doing?

I can't work on it as much as I want to, but it's getting close.

16 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

^^ Too bad that you won't add options for a weak female player and a strong female dragonborn (That's what I read from earlier posts).

What do you mean with weak or strong dragonborn?

12 hours ago, neosuduno said:

Just an idea here. Experimental restraints. The player is to try on restraints with a modified version of the curse, and explore with them on. The could do many things like bind more restrains, help the player find more loot, make the player horny or frigid, or any other idea you can come up with. Completely consensual of course.

I actually have something like that planned for Seeking The Curse. Something like a collar that progressively bind you unless you do something to stop it. :)

45 minutes ago, Laura said:

I can't work on it as much as I want to, but it's getting close.

What do you mean with weak or strong dragonborn?

We had a discussion after the last update how the dragonborn will behave when dealing with the very unfriedly Mistress (forgott her name^^). Some people here wanted to play submissive slave-like, while others wanted a strong aggressive dragonborn to kick the Mistress butt. For example that the strong DB just kills her entire army because she just can.

18 minutes ago, xyzxyz said:

We had a discussion after the last update how the dragonborn will behave when dealing with the very unfriedly Mistress (forgott her name^^). Some people here wanted to play submissive slave-like, while others wanted a strong aggressive dragonborn to kick the Mistress butt. For example that the strong DB just kills her entire army because she just can.

Oh, yeah I remember. It's not completely off the table to run in swinging, but it's not that simple. The problem is that you don't know what you're facing and you'll endanger Katarina and the shopkeeper. But I do want to give the player options.