Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

4 minutes ago, hungvipbcsok said:

hey @Laura, did you intend to implement the devious contraption from DD5 into the mod. It would be a nice to see more furniture items in those quest mod. 

Also Laura shop could use some too

Maybe. Probably. It's hard to make it fun when all the player can do is sit still and use some menu's. But I have some ideas.

It is tough to figure out how to use the contraptions as much as I like the idea. It is boring to just leave the player in them, really you want to use them as part of a scene or scripted story. But the DDC API puts the actor who is in the furniture into a scene, which conflicts with a lot of stuff one might want to do with them.

For example, I tried to write a quest where the player is tied to a DDC chair and vibrated. But I can't, because DD vibrator checks if the actor is in a scene :/. So I need to write a custom vibrate effect...but at that point it's easier to bypass both DDC and DDI API, and just use the assets as part of a totally custom scene :/

7 hours ago, Laura said:

I'm not sure what you mean. It's already a repeatable radiant quest.

Weird, might have been I was using an older version; I though I remembered Laura saying there was nothing else to do when I asked to help... very possible this is just a case of user error, though!  ^_^

Additional ideas that I may have brought up before:
1)Option to wear the full set of delivery restraints as advertising, instead of just the belt.
2)Chance for people to approach you when you're wearing Laura's items to ask about the shop.

13 minutes ago, circuit said:

I though I remembered Laura saying there was nothing else to do when I asked to help... very possible this is just a case of user error, though!  ^_^

Both repeatable quests are suspended for a few days after completing several of them. Check back later, and she'll have something for you again.

On 9/10/2019 at 4:42 PM, Saeros said:

I tried this mod (Skyrim SE version), but I have this problem:

Reveal hidden contents

20190910222850_1.jpg.67fa74261ff846743c7b0d2723c739f4.jpg

Laura seems to have "no body" ?

I installed Devious Devices All in One for Special Edidion by Pfiffy and i builded all Devious Devices (DDA, DDX, Heretical, etc) with BodySlide. 

I should also have all the required mods (and MO2 not showing any conflict).

Where am I doing wrong? ?

Use Kimmy's official version, Phiffy's is outdated.

5 hours ago, Thornagar said:

Little confused as to what the last patch added

If you mean latest as in yesterday, there was no update to the mod, even if the site likes to notify followers about changes to the mod page.

19 hours ago, DayTri said:

It is tough to figure out how to use the contraptions as much as I like the idea. It is boring to just leave the player in them, really you want to use them as part of a scene or scripted story. But the DDC API puts the actor who is in the furniture into a scene, which conflicts with a lot of stuff one might want to do with them.

For example, I tried to write a quest where the player is tied to a DDC chair and vibrated. But I can't, because DD vibrator checks if the actor is in a scene :/. So I need to write a custom vibrate effect...but at that point it's easier to bypass both DDC and DDI API, and just use the assets as part of a totally custom scene :/

Didn't know it puts the player in a scene. I don't want the upcoming update to take even longer, so I'll take a look at them later.

16 hours ago, circuit said:

Weird, might have been I was using an older version; I though I remembered Laura saying there was nothing else to do when I asked to help... very possible this is just a case of user error, though!  ^_^

Additional ideas that I may have brought up before:
1)Option to wear the full set of delivery restraints as advertising, instead of just the belt.

I know a lot of people want this, but that would make it incompatible with even my own quests. I would either have to lock the player out of my own quest or add a system that removes and adds them back. Both of those are a nightmare.

16 hours ago, circuit said:

2)Chance for people to approach you when you're wearing Laura's items to ask about the shop.

I'm not a fan of making existing characters say something they wouldn't. So I avoid things like this, but I do want to add advertising stuff later down the line.

7 hours ago, Thornagar said:

Little confused as to what the last patch added, on the other hand still super exited for the next big story update XD

I cleaned up the main post a bit and the site really wanted to send a notification to everyone. ?

The update isn't here yet, but it's coming. Eventually. :P

8 hours ago, Laura said:

I know a lot of people want this, but that would make it incompatible with even my own quests. I would either have to lock the player out of my own quest or add a system that removes and adds them back. Both of those are a nightmare.

Ooooo, that's a point I hadn't thought of.  Fair enough!

8 hours ago, Laura said:

I'm not a fan of making existing characters say something they wouldn't. So I avoid things like this, but I do want to add advertising stuff later down the line.

Thinking about it, I find that annoying too when other mods do that.

I use this in Skyrim SE, it's nice. Laura doesn't speak, not sure if she was supposed to, but meh. Anyway, would be nice to get other elements and contraptions in her shop. I don't know how to spawn items from DD otherwise and its been fun buying stuff from the shop and what not. 

15 hours ago, RoyalJay said:

I use this in Skyrim SE, it's nice. Laura doesn't speak, not sure if she was supposed to, but meh. Anyway, would be nice to get other elements and contraptions in her shop. I don't know how to spawn items from DD otherwise and its been fun buying stuff from the shop and what not. 

There's a lot of dialogue in this mod, so I think you're missing something. Make sure you have all the requirements and make sure they're for the right version. Especially look at Fuz Ro D-oh.

About the contraptions, it's hard to make it fun when the player is stuck. But I'll take a look when I can. :)

14 minutes ago, YIQICHUYANG said:

有人能告诉我如何找到赫拉格斯塔德的钥匙吗?我没有在盒子里看到它。最好有照片给我参考

嗨,我没有照片,但它在一个牢房的箱子里。如果不是的话,请确保你安装了mod所需要的一切。
翻译与DeepL

47 minutes ago, YIQICHUYANG said:

Only one cell has a box, but it's a curse. 

My English is not  good. Sorry. 

The cursed one is the one you're looking for.

42 minutes ago, YIQICHUYANG said:

I like this mod very much, but sometimes it's hard for me to find the key

No problem. :)

4 hours ago, afshin76 said:

Will this work with DD version 5.0?

Yes, the basics work. There have been reports that in some of the quests the swapping of items don't work as expected, because this mod uses older scripts that are deprecated with the new version of Devious Devices.

Support for DD 5 is intended to be added for the next update, but as that is a huge, storytelling advance for the questline, we just have to be patient.

The writing for the storyline began months before the first stable release of DD5, so don't expect a patch.

On 3/3/2021 at 12:29 PM, RoyalJay said:

Would be great if there was a way to get the CD items from Laura's shop since CD is no more, those were some really sweet looking items and such a shame for them to go to waste. 

Like most, I'm also looking forward to the rest of the story, kinda keen on the pair so far and hope it all works out for them, although I have a feeling we may have to go rescue them soon :) 

Hey Laura, I just finished your mod and I will say it has a lot of potential, look I had an idea and wanted to share (or maybe you have already thought about it), to be able to add an option for you to "work" as a mercenary or slave for that character that you go with katarina to see the slave book in the region. Then I could add the option to work for him in these two mods, mercenary or slave and in relation to Solane (sorry if I forgot the name of the people, I'm horrible with xD names), execute order 66 on her :v

On 3/11/2021 at 5:02 PM, kohlteth said:

Would be great if there was a way to get the CD items from Laura's shop since CD is no more, those were some really sweet looking items and such a shame for them to go to waste. 

I was thinking of asking him, but I don't expect him to agree so I never did.

On 3/11/2021 at 5:02 PM, kohlteth said:

Like most, I'm also looking forward to the rest of the story, kinda keen on the pair so far and hope it all works out for them, although I have a feeling we may have to go rescue them soon :)

I can't work on it as much as I want to, but it'll be ready eventually. ?

14 hours ago, peterkenway said:

Hey Laura, I just finished your mod and I will say it has a lot of potential, look I had an idea and wanted to share (or maybe you have already thought about it), to be able to add an option for you to "work" as a mercenary or slave for that character that you go with katarina to see the slave book in the region. Then I could add the option to work for him in these two mods, mercenary or slave and in relation to Solane (sorry if I forgot the name of the people, I'm horrible with xD names), execute order 66 on her :v

I don't want to add big choices in the story because it doubles/triples the work. And I think we can all agree that it takes long enough already. :P

Thanks for the suggestion though. :)

Hello, I am thoroughly enjoying the mod so far ?. I have encountered a little issue though.

I apologize in advance if this has been addressed before, but I haven't been able to find it.

After completing the "Blending In" quest and waiting for Laura and Katarina to finish all their dialogue, I speak to Laura again to try and get started on the next quest.

When I ask her "Is there someting I can do for you?" she tells me that I'm already doing something for her and I need to focus on that. I have no clue what she means however.

I finished A strange rock and what she deserves before this. I have not done any of the side or repeatable quests.

I have also tried it again on a new save, with the same result.

Used the getstage command for the Blending In quest, which is at 400 and should be completed. It also shows as completed in my quest log.

Any other idea's what I could be doing wrong? Any help is appreciated!