Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

Hi :) Just wanted to say thank you for making this mod. It's extremely well done in every possible way, and I did not find any problems at all even with dd5 on sse.

Can't way for new updates!

3 hours ago, mikesolo1975 said:

ok

thanks again for sharing your work.?

:blush:

9 minutes ago, abcdefghilmn said:

Hi :) Just wanted to say thank you for making this mod. It's extremely well done in every possible way, and I did not find any problems at all even with dd5 on sse.

Can't way for new updates!

You're too kind. :)

More is on the way, it just takes a really long time to make stuff.

I'm stuck on the quest "Blending In". After I read the ledger in the storage room, my journal tells me to "Wait for Katarina", but she never moves. She's standing in the office next to that older slaver trader guy and does nothing.

Is that a known bug? Can I advance the quest via console? I'd really appreciate some help.

Edit: I now got past that point in the quest. Turns out that "Wait for Katarina" actually means "Leave the storage room", which I did on my first try but got frozen/blocked the moment I stepped outside the door. I thought it was an invisible marker or something that should prevent me from leaving the room, so I never tried again. Could have been a bug, could have been a marker with a condition, don't know. This time it worked and I was able to complete the quest.

3 hours ago, bigschwabbel said:

I'm stuck on the quest "Blending In". After I read the ledger in the storage room, my journal tells me to "Wait for Katarina", but she never moves. She's standing in the office next to that older slaver trader guy and does nothing.

Is that a known bug? Can I advance the quest via console? I'd really appreciate some help.

What I usually do when a quest isn't advancing is to wait (T, I think) an hour.  If that doesn't get things moving, I load the auto-save that waiting generated.  One of those two things usually gets things moving again for me.

14 minutes ago, Naps-On-Dirt said:

What I usually do when a quest isn't advancing is to wait (T, I think) an hour.  If that doesn't get things moving, I load the auto-save that waiting generated.  One of those two things usually gets things moving again for me.

Good idea. Haven't thought of that. Thanks.

16 hours ago, bigschwabbel said:

Edit: I now got past that point in the quest. Turns out that "Wait for Katarina" actually means "Leave the storage room", which I did on my first try but got frozen/blocked the moment I stepped outside the door. I thought it was an invisible marker or something that should prevent me from leaving the room, so I never tried again. Could have been a bug, could have been a marker with a condition, don't know. This time it worked and I was able to complete the quest.

When you leave the storage room, a scene is supposed to play. Seems like your game can't play that scene. Either because of heavy script lag or because another mod is trying to use a character.

Do you have issues like this with other mods?

Do you have mods that randomly control NPCs?

12 hours ago, Buckandisdead said:

hi great mod by the way. i have problem that after the strange rock quest no other quest seem to be registering as in i get the dialoug and item but recieve no quest. playing sse

many thanks

Make sure all your requirement are for the SE version.

If you checked all that and it still doesn't work, please post the papyrus log.

15 hours ago, BOSSGAD said:

Some missions do not respond after talking to the npc and the character can’t move.

Make sure all requirements are for the right version of your install.

If that doesn't work, please post the papyrus log.

15 minutes ago, Laura said:

When you leave the storage room, a scene is supposed to play. Seems like your game can't play that scene. Either because of heavy script lag or because another mod is trying to use a character.

Do you have issues like this with other mods?

Do you have mods that randomly control NPCs?

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I've edited my original post. It finally worked. Don't know what went wrong the first time.

I wanted to let you know that I like your mod very much.

I haven't seen all of it yet (I've only finished "Blending In"). But from what I've seen so far...

... I like the way you're telling the story. Not just through dialogue with the player character, but mainly through conversations the NPCs have with each other. It gives me the feeling that they have an actual life and aren't just waiting for the famous hero to talk to them.

... and until now every "conflict" was solved without fighting. In my opinion combat is the least imaginative and most boring way to drive a story.

... and I like the story! I have a feeling about where it might go. I hope for some pleasant surprises.

Thank you for creating this amazing story for us!

18 minutes ago, bigschwabbel said:

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I've edited my original post. It finally worked. Don't know what went wrong the first time.

Glad it works.

18 minutes ago, bigschwabbel said:

I wanted to let you know that I like your mod very much.

I haven't seen all of it yet (I've only finished "Blending In"). But from what I've seen so far...

... I like the way you're telling the story. Not just through dialogue with the player character, but mainly through conversations the NPCs have with each other. It gives me the feeling that they have an actual life and aren't just waiting for the famous hero to talk to them.

... and until now every "conflict" was solved without fighting. In my opinion combat is the least imaginative and most boring way to drive a story.

... and I like the story! I have a feeling about where it might go. I hope for some pleasant surprises.

Thank you for creating this amazing story for us!

That means a lot, thank you. :blush:

I think it's boring when everything evolves around the player and I also wanted players to experience the story, instead of just being told the story.

I'm probably taking an LL mod way too serious and it takes a really long time to make stuff because of it, but I think it's worth it.

By the way, I love hearing theories about the story. Where do you think the story will go? :)

23 minutes ago, Laura said:

I'm probably taking an LL mod way too serious and it takes a really long time to make stuff because of it, but I think it's worth it.

You only take serious what you love doing. And this mod is obviously something you're very passionate about.

And yes, I also think it's definitely worth it!

23 minutes ago, Laura said:

By the way, I love hearing theories about the story. Where do you think the story will go?

Laura :heart: Katarina! They share a history, they both went through rough times. They are caring for each other.

Spoiler

Katarina is very serious. She did horrible things in the past and fears loosing control. It's hard for her to let go.

Laura is fighting an inner conflict. She loves being submissive/controlled, but she's had some very bad experiences.

If Katarina would allow herself to loose control, to a loved one maybe?

If Laura could find a loving person she can trust without the risk of being abused again?

I'd love to see them fall in love!

And together they'd fight slavery in Skyrim, but because nobody want's to do the dishes they'd get a MALE house-slave, because of equality and such.

And then they'd build a huge house next to the shop and adopt all of Skyrim's orphans.

And when the kids grow up all of them will start their own bondage shops all over Tamriel and soon everybody will be wearing restraints.

What a wonderful world that would be...

14 hours ago, Buckandisdead said:

hi great mod by the way. i have problem that after the strange rock quest no other quest seem to be registering as in i get the dialoug and item but recieve no quest. playing sse

Just to make sure: You don't get a quest automatically just by talking to Laura. You ask her, if you can do something for her, and one of the options takes you to the next quest in the questline. After finishing that quest, you have to ask again, this is no non-stop questline like Mainquest of Thieves Guild that always clutter your journal, even if you never want to touch that crap.

Another thing you should know: There aren't always questmarkers. You have to read the texts given to you, sometimes even use your brain to solve a puzzle from the clues. Nothing of the "Be a good doggie and fetch that questmarker - here's your bone!"

1 hour ago, Laura said:

I really like your approach on storytelling and not rushing things. It's definitely worth the wait.

1 hour ago, bigschwabbel said:

You only take serious what you love doing. And this mod is obviously something you're very passionate about.

And yes, I also think it's definitely worth it!

Laura :heart: Katarina! They share a history, they both went through rough times. They are caring for each other.

Hide contents

Katarina is very serious. She did horrible things in the past and fears loosing control. It's hard for her to let go.

Laura is fighting an inner conflict. She loves being submissive/controlled, but she's had some very bad experiences.

If Katarina would allow herself to loose control, to a loved one maybe?

If Laura could find a loving person she can trust without the risk of being abused again?

I'd love to see them fall in love!

And together they'd fight slavery in Skyrim, but because nobody want's to do the dishes they'd get a MALE house-slave, because of equality and such.

And then they'd build a huge house next to the shop and adopt all of Skyrim's orphans.

And when the kids grow up all of them will start their own bondage shops all over Tamriel and soon everybody will be wearing restraints.

What a wonderful world that would be...

That would be a really fun ending. And you understand the characters really well. :D

1 hour ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Just to make sure: You don't get a quest automatically just by talking to Laura. You ask her, if you can do something for her, and one of the options takes you to the next quest in the questline. After finishing that quest, you have to ask again, this is no non-stop questline like Mainquest of Thieves Guild that always clutter your journal, even if you never want to touch that crap.

Another thing you should know: There aren't always questmarkers. You have to read the texts given to you, sometimes even use your brain to solve a puzzle from the clues. Nothing of the "Be a good doggie and fetch that questmarker - here's your bone!"

I really like your approach on storytelling and not rushing things. It's definitely worth the wait.

:blush:

1 hour ago, Laura said:

And you understand the characters really well.

Your story writing and the way you're presenting the characters to us made it fun and easy for me to follow the plot and the backstories.

I have to thank you for making it entertaining and interesting, or else I would have missed out on a beautiful story and interesting and lovable characters.

7 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Thanks for the reply

yes i do ask her if there is anything to do and she tells me what and gives me items or equips but i have no quest come up in my journal.

thanks

On 2/4/2021 at 9:55 PM, Buckandisdead said:

yes i do ask her if there is anything to do and she tells me what and gives me items or equips but i have no quest come up in my journal.

thanks

Sounds like your game failed to start a quest, probably because it couldn't fill an alias.

I want to know what quest it is. What did she tell you to do and what did she give you?

4 hours ago, delgathar said:

Hello,

I just want Laura to have more gold to buy all these restraints off me.  DCL won't let me drop items and there only other person I know who will buy them is all the way north.  Any way to increase her gold?  Thank you.

She already has 6 times the regular gold. How many restraints are you trying to sell?

6 hours ago, delgathar said:

Hello,

I just want Laura to have more gold to buy all these restraints off me.  DCL won't let me drop items and there only other person I know who will buy them is all the way north.  Any way to increase her gold?  Thank you.

You can disable the setting in DCL's MCM that doesn't let you drop items.  I just store all mine in a container in my home(s).

9 hours ago, Laura said:

Sounds like your game failed to start a quest, probably because it couldn't fill an alias.

I want to know what quest it is. What did she tell you to do and what did she give you?

Thanks Laura for the reply

After the quest a strange rock if I try to either continue the other main quest or get belted etc I get all the dialogue and the devices or equipment but I do not get a quest in the journal and if I say  get belted if I try and speak to her there is no option to remove devices etc.

2 hours ago, Buckandisdead said:

Thanks Laura for the reply

After the quest a strange rock if I try to either continue the other main quest or get belted etc I get all the dialogue and the devices or equipment but I do not get a quest in the journal and if I say  get belted if I try and speak to her there is no option to remove devices etc.

Does that also happen with a new game?

If it still fails in the new game, please post the papyrus log.