Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

On 11/15/2020 at 5:33 AM, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

There is this line: "The spell hit you with another surge of energy, but it looks like the restraints lost some of their strength." in the third rescue quest. But it's a one time message in that quest and if it's somehow looping, you would also get an effect and an animation.

I really don't know how this can happen.

Is one of my quests active in your game?

When did it start?

Does this also happen with a new game?

Also, please post a papyrus log and I'll take a look at it.

Hey sorry, took a few days to reply.

No quests active in game, and it started upon reinstalling everything when my HDD died. So i did (as close as I could to) a complete reinstall of all
my mods, and then re-loading my last save character.

I reloaded an older save from a long time ago (which still had Laura's shop mod) and there was no pop-up notification, so I assume the same would be true of a new character.

I enabled papyruslogs but honestly after looking into it for a few hrs, i still dont know how to create a log or whatever that i can share with you :/

EDIT: i loaded a slightly older save, not far enough back to be a huge inconvenience and im playing that now going on an hour with no popups

21 hours ago, majormagers said:

Ah I did not pick up the rags. I had found and moved them to the side to look under for a letter or something but never picked them up.
Thanks for letting me know.

Glad you found them. :)

By the way, I didn't know you could move them. They're not actually rags. They're activators with rags as a model.

6 hours ago, gokken92 said:

Hey sorry, took a few days to reply.

No quests active in game, and it started upon reinstalling everything when my HDD died. So i did (as close as I could to) a complete reinstall of all
my mods, and then re-loading my last save character.

I reloaded an older save from a long time ago (which still had Laura's shop mod) and there was no pop-up notification, so I assume the same would be true of a new character.

Good that you can play the game again.

But I don't see how that function with the popup could loop. And if it somehow found a way, there should also be an effect and animation that plays. So there's something freaky going on in your game.

I'm 99% sure there's something in your game doing that. Mostly because I would've gotten a of reports about this, but I want to make sure I didn't mess anything up.

I also love a good mystery. :P

I enabled papyruslogs but honestly after looking into it for a few hrs, i still dont know how to create a log or whatever that i can share with you :/

Use this: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/articles/368/

When you want to post the log, please attach the file in your reply.

EDIT: i loaded a slightly older save, not far enough back to be a huge inconvenience and im playing that now going on an hour with no popups

Does it still happen in the same save you had it happen before? If so, please use that link and post the papyrus log. Because there could be a clue in there.

I'm sure this has been asked, but 153 pages is a lot to go through lol

I talk to Laura and offer help.

Me:  "I want to help in any way I can."

Laura:  "Thank you, but I don't want to involve your companion in this."

The problem is I don't have any companions, no followers at all.  Do I need to reinstall the mod?

6 minutes ago, aurreth said:

I'm sure this has been asked, but 153 pages is a lot to go through lol

I talk to Laura and offer help.

Me:  "I want to help in any way I can."

Laura:  "Thank you, but I don't want to involve your companion in this."

The problem is I don't have any companions, no followers at all.  Do I need to reinstall the mod?

I haven't seen this reported yet.

It checks the actors in the room and looks if they're in the CurrentFollowerFaction. So even if you have a bugged follower in the wilderness somewhere, it won't detect it.

So either a mod in your game is putting the player, Laura or Katarina in that faction. Or the global value the dialogue checks doesn't change when the function checks it.

Do you have a mod that does things with followers?

Hey Laura I found another thing I felt like suggesting for your mod. It´s more of something to add once the mod has got the main stuff done but I feel like it would be a nice touch.

Basically I´m a big fan of Laura´s story and the things she´s done like being a servant of the CD Master or the adventures she talks about. I really enjoyed asking her about that stuff and listenting to how she liked it and into what situations her adventures got her, It´s a really nice feature. So i want to suggest that you could talk to her further and to just have some small talk from time to time or possibly even deeper converations discussing eachothers interests and so on (Kinks, Fantasies, Similarities etc.). So you can ask her about her adventures, interesting devices she´s found, her life story and just general stuff thats pleasant to talk about. I like being able to just have a good conversation from time to time and having NPCs really come to life by discovering their fleshed out backstory. Even in RL I really like to talk about all sorts of stuff and get to know people better, It usually ends up being a really nice conversation! Another thing that I´d personally love to see is possibly just doing stuff with Laura and Katarina like eating dinner together to also share some stories meanwhile, just doing random fun stuff or sometimes even "spending some time together" in the basement that someone else suggested a while back. Not sure if that breaks the boundaries of what you personally intended for the mod or is hard to implement but I think this aswell would be a nice touch for some time later when there is room for side stuff once the main things of the mod are done. It´s always nice to have more mods featuring unique and interesting quests but I always appreciate it when a mod takes it a step further and also focuses on the NPCs that give them to you in the first place. They should never feel like some lifeless computer giving you gold in exchange for help, which your mod does really well already. Laura seems like a really nice person and I could 100% see her being a good friend of mine. But again, I dunno if some of this stuff would be a little too much. ?

1 hour ago, aurreth said:

Just Amazing Follower Tweaks.  And my nearest "follower" (cause I don't know how to get rid of her) is in Solitude.

I did try "set playerfollowercount to 0" but that didn't work.

i had a follower i could not interact with properly and had to hit her with the tweek make follower then talk to her and go to tweek settings and dismiss. very bad recorder that day but she started working right after that.
had another that I had to reset DDHelpers to get fixed (debug option). Bad mystery follower as I checked all the followers I ever had and none of them were the offender.

12 hours ago, aurreth said:

Just Amazing Follower Tweaks.  And my nearest "follower" (cause I don't know how to get rid of her) is in Solitude.

I did try "set playerfollowercount to 0" but that didn't work.

Try setting Laura_FollowerDetectedGlob to 0.

Use the command: set Laura_FollowerDetectedGlob to 0.

Then use the command: Help Laura_FollowerDetectedGlob. And it should give it's value, which should be 0 now.

If that works, it means that the detection thingy isn't stuck or broken. Which means that a character in the shop with you has been put in the CurrentFollowerFaction.

I'm pretty sure it's that follower mod you have because those can be a compatibility nightmare.

Let me know if the value changed.

11 hours ago, AkiKay said:

Hey Laura I found another thing I felt like suggesting for your mod. It´s more of something to add once the mod has got the main stuff done but I feel like it would be a nice touch.

Basically I´m a big fan of Laura´s story and the things she´s done like being a servant of the CD Master or the adventures she talks about. I really enjoyed asking her about that stuff and listenting to how she liked it and into what situations her adventures got her, It´s a really nice feature. So i want to suggest that you could talk to her further and to just have some small talk from time to time or possibly even deeper converations discussing eachothers interests and so on (Kinks, Fantasies, Similarities etc.). So you can ask her about her adventures, interesting devices she´s found, her life story and just general stuff thats pleasant to talk about. I like being able to just have a good conversation from time to time and having NPCs really come to life by discovering their fleshed out backstory. Even in RL I really like to talk about all sorts of stuff and get to know people better, It usually ends up being a really nice conversation! Another thing that I´d personally love to see is possibly just doing stuff with Laura and Katarina like eating dinner together to also share some stories meanwhile, just doing random fun stuff or sometimes even "spending some time together" in the basement that someone else suggested a while back. Not sure if that breaks the boundaries of what you personally intended for the mod or is hard to implement but I think this aswell would be a nice touch for some time later when there is room for side stuff once the main things of the mod are done. It´s always nice to have more mods featuring unique and interesting quests but I always appreciate it when a mod takes it a step further and also focuses on the NPCs that give them to you in the first place. They should never feel like some lifeless computer giving you gold in exchange for help, which your mod does really well already. Laura seems like a really nice person and I could 100% see her being a good friend of mine. But again, I dunno if some of this stuff would be a little too much. ? 

:blush:

Their backstories will get more attention in the story, but adding more dialogue options is a great idea.

What kind of things do you want to ask her?

By the way, I have some more lighthearted quests ideas for after the story. The story is kinda really dark. ?

24 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

Hope you also noticed that there should now be a SwapDevices() in DD5. There was indeed some issues with the old scripts for loose/tight devices.

Yup. Unequipping and equipping worked fine for me, but it had a tendency to mess up if there was too much script lag. Don't know if the swapping function works for quest devices, but I heard unequipping and equipping also works much better now. :)

12 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

Hope you also noticed that there should now be a SwapDevices() in DD5. There was indeed some issues with the old scripts for loose/tight devices.

There even is a TightenDevice() or UntightenDevice() function ;) Though they need specially prepared properties to work

2 minutes ago, Mister X said:

There even is a TightenDevice() or UntightenDevice() function ;) Though they need specially prepared properties to work

Honestly, it sounds more complex than just unequipping and equipping devices.

6 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Try setting Laura_FollowerDetectedGlob to 0.

Use the command: set Laura_FollowerDetectedGlob to 0.

Then use the command: Help Laura_FollowerDetectedGlob. And it should give it's value, which should be 0 now.

If that works, it means that the detection thingy isn't stuck or broken. Which means that a character in the shop with you has been put in the CurrentFollowerFaction.

I'm pretty sure it's that follower mod you have because those can be a compatibility nightmare.

Let me know if the value changed.

:blush:

Their backstories will get more attention in the story, but adding more dialogue options is a great idea.

By the way, I have some more lighthearted quests ideas for after the story. The story is kinda really dark. ?

Eh, I managed to get around it by doing something else first then revisiting that branch of the dialog.  The issue isn't exactly gone, but didn't stop me from continuing on with the story.

I'm seeing the same follower thing show up in a couple other places, makes me wonder if it isn't caused by the Sanguine Debauchery mod.  Could be it's attaching an phantom follower to allow monitoring of the PC.

20 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I´ll add some stuff in a spoiler below ? Atleast some of these i feel like could be a good idea. Not all of them are probably that good but you likely wouldn´t want a dialogue tree of a million options anyway  ?

Spoiler

(Just wanna mention that most of these are just concepts and need to likely be corrected to actually sound more fluent)

General Questions:

Tell me about yourself Laura

How did you and Katarina become friends ?

Any men or women you fancy around town ? ? (I keep asking myself if there is something going on between Laura and Katarina or if Laura just hasn´t found the someone in her life yet)

Ever heard of the Dragonborn ? (Not really related to if the Player is the Dragonborn, just generally if she heard of her/him and if she ever wanted to meet her/him)

Any interesting or weird customers you had ?

Whats the weirdest thing someone has asked of you ?

How did you get into adventuring and what made you stop to open this shop ?

Do you think Adventuring could be something for me ? (For players that start off being more of a villager. Laura would also mention the dangers that lurk in all the dark areas of skyrim)

Any tips for an Adventurer/Aspiring Adventurer ? (How to not get caught in the devious traps of skyrim and well.. how to kinda not die ? )

Do you miss going on Adventures ? --> Could you see yourself going on Adventures again sometime ? (follow-up question)

Any interesting tales of your Adventures ?

Did you ever have a "This is where i die" moment ?

Still own your old Armor and Blade ?

Hey Laura im completely new to bondage/ask myself what your shop really sells , could you give me a short explanation/lesson ?

Personal/Kinky-related Questions:

What kind of stuff are you into if i may ask ? (Kinks, Fantasies etc.)

I´ve always asked myself, how does your catsuit feel ? (Laura could ask if you´d like a similar one to try it out yourself)

How come you wear a catsuit and Katarina doesn´t ?

Have you ever dreamt of having/owning a bottom (slave) ? --> Let me know if you´d ever fancy one, yes ?  *wink wink*  (follow-up sentence)  ?

Hey Laura, I heard you mention cursed devices you don´t sell... (Laura mentions this in one of her dialogues, likely the one where she explains where the devices come from i think) --> Could you show me some ? I am quite interested in what devious things they did to you. (follow-up sentence) (Basically a few mentionable ones that Laura has a backstory for) (Also like some sort of "If you go on adventures, be careful as you may come across very wicked devices like these", kind of like a warning)

Laura I`m not sure if this whole bondage thing is for me.. im kind of scared... (Laura would try to explain to a more shy or scared character that bondage is more than just slavery,torture and horrid fates which are things that scare the character and commonly could be related to bondage in skyrim. Laura could also offer a little try-out with some common devices)

Let me know if anything/anyone ever bothers you yes ? I´ll help you no matter how difficult it may be Laura! ?

Any devices you´d recommend ? I´d like to get into bondage myself.

How do you advertise your shop/keep your shop alive ? (She would mention/offer the chastity belt quest the player (and other kinky adventurers) can start and other things/people that help her advertise, if there are any)

How do you keep yourself in shape like this ? Clearly you must have a secret! ?

Also about the quests you mention, that could be great idea. If the story really is dark, a little calm-down phase and some pleasant time you can spend with Laura and Katarina would be nice! Kind of like a "Thank You" and "You deserve some rest". For example I´m playing a really well written game featuring a ton of kinky and exciting stuff atm, however mostly what keeps me playing is the interesting characters featuring lots to explore about them and awesome scenes you can spend with them. It´s not only about "fuck fuck fuck" , the game has these magical moments where all the stars align and you and your partner are kind of in that "we both just lie there, the moonlight shining above" moment. You know, those really special moments! And I feel like that stuff would be really nice to see in your mod! Doesn´t have to be about sex, just pleasant moments you spend together, taking a break of the horrible world that is skyrim. But maybe that´s not at all what you mean with lighthearted quests and just my dreams hoping to come true ?

21 hours ago, aurreth said:

Eh, I managed to get around it by doing something else first then revisiting that branch of the dialog.  The issue isn't exactly gone, but didn't stop me from continuing on with the story.

I'm seeing the same follower thing show up in a couple other places, makes me wonder if it isn't caused by the Sanguine Debauchery mod.  Could be it's attaching an phantom follower to allow monitoring of the PC.

Glad you can play it again. :)

If you find what caused it, please let me know.

14 hours ago, AkiKay said:

I´ll add some stuff in a spoiler below ? Atleast some of these i feel like could be a good idea. Not all of them are probably that good but you likely wouldn´t want a dialogue tree of a million options anyway  ?

Reveal hidden contents

(Just wanna mention that most of these are just concepts and need to likely be corrected to actually sound more fluent)

General Questions:

Any men or women you fancy around town ? ? (I keep asking myself if there is something going on between Laura and Katarina or if Laura just hasn´t found the someone in her life yet)

Ever heard of the Dragonborn ? (Not really related to if the Player is the Dragonborn, just generally if she heard of her/him and if she ever wanted to meet her/him)

Do you think Adventuring could be something for me ? (For players that start off being more of a villager. Laura would also mention the dangers that lurk in all the dark areas of skyrim)

Any tips for an Adventurer/Aspiring Adventurer ? (How to not get caught in the devious traps of skyrim and well.. how to kinda not die ? )

Do you miss going on Adventures ? --> Could you see yourself going on Adventures again sometime ? (follow-up question)

Hey Laura im completely new to bondage/ask myself what your shop really sells , could you give me a short explanation/lesson ?

I´ve always asked myself, how does your catsuit feel ? (Laura could ask if you´d like a similar one to try it out yourself)

Have you ever dreamt of having/owning a bottom (slave) ? --> Let me know if you´d ever fancy one, yes ?  *wink wink*  (follow-up sentence)  ?

Hey Laura, I heard you mention cursed devices you don´t sell... (Laura mentions this in one of her dialogues, likely the one where she explains where the devices come from i think) --> Could you show me some ? I am quite interested in what devious things they did to you. (follow-up sentence) (Basically a few mentionable ones that Laura has a backstory for) (Also like some sort of "If you go on adventures, be careful as you may come across very wicked devices like these", kind of like a warning)

Laura I`m not sure if this whole bondage thing is for me.. im kind of scared... (Laura would try to explain to a more shy or scared character that bondage is more than just slavery,torture and horrid fates which are things that scare the character and commonly could be related to bondage in skyrim. Laura could also offer a little try-out with some common devices)

Let me know if anything/anyone ever bothers you yes ? I´ll help you no matter how difficult it may be Laura! ?

How do you advertise your shop/keep your shop alive ? (She would mention/offer the chastity belt quest the player (and other kinky adventurers) can start and other things/people that help her advertise, if there are any)

Thanks for the suggestions.

A lot of these will actually be answered in future story quests. And I see some that would fit perfectly in an introduction quest. :)

14 hours ago, AkiKay said:

Also about the quests you mention, that could be great idea. If the story really is dark, a little calm-down phase and some pleasant time you can spend with Laura and Katarina would be nice! Kind of like a "Thank You" and "You deserve some rest". For example I´m playing a really well written game featuring a ton of kinky and exciting stuff atm, however mostly what keeps me playing is the interesting characters featuring lots to explore about them and awesome scenes you can spend with them. It´s not only about "fuck fuck fuck" , the game has these magical moments where all the stars align and you and your partner are kind of in that "we both just lie there, the moonlight shining above" moment. You know, those really special moments! And I feel like that stuff would be really nice to see in your mod! Doesn´t have to be about sex, just pleasant moments you spend together, taking a break of the horrible world that is skyrim. But maybe that´s not at all what you mean with lighthearted quests and just my dreams hoping to come true ?

That's what I meant. :)

With this story, there's not really going to be a happy calm-down phase. But I do have a bunch of small ideas for more happy quests for after the story. Stuff like them giving gifts to eachother or going on gathering runs together and stuff. More shenanigans and less dark stuff. Maybe one where Katarina finally tries on an armbinder like she promised. :D

8 minutes ago, Viri1 said:

Hello. Was anyone brave enough to test this mod with DD5? I've read that it should be fine, but I couldn't find an account of actual testing, I could've just missed it. 

It should work. DD5 is fully backwards compatible. I also didn't hear anything while DD5 was in beta, so I'm hopeful.

But let me know how it goes. :P

31 minutes ago, Viri1 said:

Hello. Was anyone brave enough to test this mod with DD5? I've read that it should be fine, but I couldn't find an account of actual testing, I could've just missed it. 

27 minutes ago, aurreth said:

I'd give it a shot if I knew where to get DD5 lol  For SE I mean.

If you are going to test v3.21 with DD5, do keep an eye out for this:

On 10/30/2020 at 11:06 AM, Taki17 said:

I need some input from any of you who have played the LBS quests with the latest DD5 version:

For DD5 compatibility assessment, I'm currently investigating why the device swapping in the now legacy function ForceEquipDevice seems to fail on some occasions. The first part in this mod where I observed this was during "A Strange Rock Quest", where if the player already wears a hobble dress when they get equipped with one as part of the quest, the previous dress unequips properly, however the newly added dress does not get equipped. But the logs note this as everything working properly.

If any of you have encountered an issue like this at the said part or at any other part during LBS quests where ForceEquipDevice is used (also in the Seeking the Curse quests), would you let me know so we can determine if it's some tism on my end, or it should be addresed in the mod or raised in the DD development thread as an issue?

I guess this'd be typical use case for the newly introduced SwapDevices method, since it's not only a wrapper around the equip and unequip methods, but provides additional safeguards with checks and delays to lessen the chance of failure.

21 minutes ago, Taki17 said:

If you are going to test v3.21 with DD5, do keep an eye out for this:

I guess this'd be typical use case for the newly introduced SwapDevices method, since it's not only a wrapper around the equip and unequip methods, but provides additional safeguards with checks and delays to lessen the chance of failure.

As near as I can tell there's no SE version of DD5 :(

19 hours ago, AkiKay said:

Reveal hidden contents

General Questions:

I like this suggestion of some light times added in. The first thing that sprang to my mind was visiting a lake with Laura and Kat, and swimming. As much as I do enjoy seeing Laura in her outfit, the idea of skinny dipping with her is pretty nice too! ? 

14 hours ago, JustMe469 said:

I like this suggestion of some light times added in. The first thing that sprang to my mind was visiting a lake with Laura and Kat, and swimming. As much as I do enjoy seeing Laura in her outfit, the idea of skinny dipping with her is pretty nice too! ?

Skinny dipping is hard to do though. Playing a scene outside is asking for a dragon or bears to mess it up.

But I like the idea.

2 hours ago, aurreth said:

Ok, new issue.  Due to problems with another mod I had to reset DD, which poofed the Laura Belt and plug, but did not complete the quest.  I know I can do that from the console somehow, but can't figure out what the quest ID is.  Any help?

Honestly, I don't know if there's a console command to unequip a device safely. And there's always a risk that it breaks something.

I suggest going back to a save before you had the belt on.