Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

A slight modification to the first quest would also be simple.  Instead of having the shop give the quest, it could start with Adrianna, someone approaching the character looking for the ore, or even a rumor at the various inns. 

The courier bit was a little overplayed in Captured Dreams -- even the author had mentioned looking for a different way to start things than having the player stalked by couriers.

1 hour ago, WaterRabbit said:

A slight modification to the first quest would also be simple.  Instead of having the shop give the quest, it could start with Adrianna, someone approaching the character looking for the ore, or even a rumor at the various inns. 

The courier bit was a little overplayed in Captured Dreams -- even the author had mentioned looking for a different way to start things than having the player stalked by couriers.

Yeah. One thing I dislike about vanilla Skyrim is its blatant player-centric quest design. Like dialogue scenes all "coincidentally" starting just in time to be overheard by the player. Depriving the player of having to look how to start a certain quest obviously subtracts from gameplay (and roleplay), not adds to it.

What I'm saying is, if you do an intro quest, it's better to be subtle about it. For example, player could encounter an NPC in need of help getting into (or out of) a device, and there's an option to ask where device comes from. Or offer a quest to exchange or return a faulty device, or return a device after a trial period, or to make a purchase for some shy/secretive NPC, etc. This way, player agency will be preserved, and they won't get saddled with a possibly unwelcome at that time, journal entry.

About intro quest - I think, using Courier Girl is slightly breaking quest line - if she is available from the start, why are we doing delivery quests? Although... There's an idea: making Sona previous courier girl, who retired and started working in Temple of Kynareth. And when player first visits this temple, she force-greets and promotes the shop. Maybe also answers some questions about backstory and such.

14 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:
18 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Courier Girl could be wearing some light bondage, like the set you have to wear for the delivery quests. PC asks couriously about the gear, CG shows some stuff from her backpack and the things equip themselves on the PC. Ooops!

Courier Girl has no keys, so she takes PC on a leash and leads her to Laura's Shop.

That could be nice, but I don't know why CG would leash the player.

Because the Courier Girl is being helpful! You cannot let a helpless person stumble through the wild on her own!

7 hours ago, WaterRabbit said:

Pity that CD has been taken down, I've never had the chance to play it.

So in my opinion the Courier Girl deserves a chance, and maybe she does only this on job in the introduction quest and runs off.

Or she appears later in radiant quests, where she got stuck in bondage somewhere and needs to be rescued. The rescue could be as easy as talking to her, because the cursed restraints instantly equip on the PC, because they 'know' there's someone even more addicted to bondage than CG. ?

On 11/6/2020 at 10:09 PM, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

That's how I look at it too. We're super strong, but not invulnerable.

Yeah, I'm going to focus on finishing the story first.

There's a good chance that I'll add different endings depending on your choices in the last quest. I always wanted to go overboard with the finale, and adding multiple endings could be really cool.

Then when it's finished I'll see if I can add some replayablility. Maybe a bit of randomness (Not sure about this one, it's hard to do it without confusing people).

But I think it'll be fun to give the player the option to fight early in the story and letting them fail miserably. :naughty:

Multiple endings would absolutely be amazing. I can only imagine one where the story ends with the dragonborn being bound inescapably.

22 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

If you do something like this, you might consider a more story driven approach.  You're good at stories, and there's an opportunity here.  Cursed restraints that magically leap out and lock on a person are popular, but to me this seems improbable (even for magic) and a little too easy to get into instant peril.  Why not give the person an inducement to equip the restraints (or a reason why not equipping them would be bad)?

Perhaps the letter promises a new level of bondage experience, and for your convenience provides a key so you can get out after you've played with them.  Except the key is a fake.  (Sure, a clever person would try the key in the lock before locking things on, but it seems much more reasonable, especially for a bondage enthusiast, to forget that detail than being attacked by magically animating restraints.)  Or maybe the key works in the lock but only if the restraints aren't being worn (zero tension on the mechanism).  Or there's the promise of a reward or some other inducement.  There's an opportunity to do something interesting to move the plot forward.

I love the idea of making players tie themselves up. I kinda did that in the delivery quest, but it would be really fun as an introduction.

The fake key is a good one too.

17 hours ago, WaterRabbit said:

I want to make sure that every quest is started in the shop. I don't want to confuse players with different ways to start them.

The intro quest is obviously an exception, but I want to make something new for the intro quest.

17 hours ago, WaterRabbit said:

If I remember correctly, the main problem was that having to wait for a courier to get a quest to start is kinda annoying.

15 hours ago, dnoah said:

Yeah. One thing I dislike about vanilla Skyrim is its blatant player-centric quest design. Like dialogue scenes all "coincidentally" starting just in time to be overheard by the player. Depriving the player of having to look how to start a certain quest obviously subtracts from gameplay (and roleplay), not adds to it.

Yeah, but you have to kinda do it because the game super player centric in every way. You obviously don't want it to feel that way, but it's hard to make it feel adventurous while also making sure they don't miss quests.

But one thing I really don't like that vanilla quests is that the player almost always ends up as the chosen one. It's boring and doesn't really do anything.

15 hours ago, dnoah said:

What I'm saying is, if you do an intro quest, it's better to be subtle about it. For example, player could encounter an NPC in need of help getting into (or out of) a device, and there's an option to ask where device comes from. Or offer a quest to exchange or return a faulty device, or return a device after a trial period, or to make a purchase for some shy/secretive NPC, etc. This way, player agency will be preserved, and they won't get saddled with a possibly unwelcome at that time, journal entry.

I think I'm going with a letter and a journal entry to a misc quest. But it's still very far away, I want to finish the storyline first.

12 hours ago, DeWired said:

About intro quest - I think, using Courier Girl is slightly breaking quest line - if she is available from the start, why are we doing delivery quests?

Exactly. :)

12 hours ago, DeWired said:

Although... There's an idea: making Sona previous courier girl, who retired and started working in Temple of Kynareth. And when player first visits this temple, she force-greets and promotes the shop. Maybe also answers some questions about backstory and such.

Sona won't be the courier girl. She already has a place in the story and it doesn't fit the character.

I don't think I'll add a courier girl.

10 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Because the Courier Girl is being helpful! You cannot let a helpless person stumble through the wild on her own!

It's not really helpfull to leesh someone.

And I really don't like making stuff happen without the player's consent.

Pity that CD has been taken down, I've never had the chance to play it.

Yeah, it was a super impressive and large mod. A lot of work went into it. It's a shame that's it's gone.

By the way, I was a tester for CDS. When he announced in the testing group that he likely won't work on it anymore, I started working on LBS. :)

They also reference someone she used to work for in the past, and that someone is the master from CDS.

So in my opinion the Courier Girl deserves a chance, and maybe she does only this on job in the introduction quest and runs off.

Or she appears later in radiant quests, where she got stuck in bondage somewhere and needs to be rescued. The rescue could be as easy as talking to her, because the cursed restraints instantly equip on the PC, because they 'know' there's someone even more addicted to bondage than CG. ?

I still not sold on the courier girl. It's story wise really tricky and I'd have to implement her in a lot of things or it won't make sense.

7 hours ago, ItsYaBoi1738 said:

Multiple endings would absolutely be amazing. I can only imagine one where the story ends with the dragonborn being bound inescapably.

I'm still working on the endings. :)

Right now I have 4 endings and it changes depending on your choices between aggression and carefulness.

I don't have bad endings yet. I don't want players to fail horribly when they're just following their preferred path.

If I add bad endings, I want them to be kinda obviously dumb/dangerous choices.

But I'm still working on it and it's far from final.

So, another quick idea of something to add to the shops services.  Maybe offer a night's stay in that nice comfy cell?  For a few coins of course.  Cell occupants must also be bound, these are the rules!  And who knows, maybe Laura will accidentally extend the stay!   Not really sure If this idea has been suggested before, it may gave.

The rest  is in a spoiler tag because I didn't want to spoil anything...

Spoiler

Just thinking back to that cage scene where the player was locked up the cell and Laura and Katarina were conversing back and forth about the player and other things.  That was awesome and just thought something like that could be a service that the shop offered.

11 hours ago, slvsaris said:

So, another quick idea of something to add to the shops services.  Maybe offer a night's stay in that nice comfy cell?  For a few coins of course.  Cell occupants must also be bound, these are the rules!  And who knows, maybe Laura will accidentally extend the stay!   Not really sure If this idea has been suggested before, it may gave.

Reveal hidden contents

Just thinking back to that cage scene where the player was locked up the cell and Laura and Katarina were conversing back and forth about the player and other things.  That was awesome and just thought something like that could be a service that the shop offered.

Hmm, this could be nice the other way around: they offer a free night to sleep, but you have to be bound as they don't want to get spoiled or mugged by strangers. That also could lead to the Thotium quest somehow, if you never visited the shop before. Maybe something like "You seem to have enjoyed your stay so much, I assume you like bondage play as much as me" (Laura) - "If that's true, are you interested in helping me to investigate a rumor about a strange rock ...?"

Later on, when Laura knows you, it could be an alternative to the belt bound quest, something like "I see in your eyes that you enjoy your stay, so you 'may' stay a bit longer". So, similar to the belt bound quest, but randomly IF Laura keeps you bound and how long (not too long, of course). The chance could rely on how often you accepted her offer to bind you. As you probably will be totally bound, it happens at least in the shop as safe place. To spice things up, Laura could tie herself, too and you test who can untie herself faster, or Laura plugged you and has some spell to control the vibration, or she accidentaly grabbed the wrong, very lively plug and doesn't find the spell to stop it at first, or "by coincidence" a customer comes by and you're at hand to show the stuff ...

12 hours ago, slvsaris said:

So, another quick idea of something to add to the shops services.  Maybe offer a night's stay in that nice comfy cell?  For a few coins of course.  Cell occupants must also be bound, these are the rules!  And who knows, maybe Laura will accidentally extend the stay!

I've had this in my notes for a while now. I really like the idea.

It want to keep it consensual and interesting. Keeping it interesting will be difficult, it hard to keep the player engaged when they're stuck in a 5m² cell, but I'm gonna try. It'll probably be part of another quest like a On Display quest or something.

Not really sure If this idea has been suggested before, it may gave.

You're not the only one that wants to see it and I'll definitely give it a good thunk when the story is completed. :)

(I'm sure that 'giving it a thunk' isn't correct in the slightest, but I don't care because I think it's funny)

Reveal hidden contents

The issue is that it's interesting because even though you're stuck, there's story dialogue going on. That's super difficult to do with a repeatable quest, but I have some ideas.

1 hour ago, Mister X said:

Hmm, this could be nice the other way around: they offer a free night to sleep, but you have to be bound as they don't want to get spoiled or mugged by strangers. That also could lead to the Thotium quest somehow, if you never visited the shop before. Maybe something like "You seem to have enjoyed your stay so much, I assume you like bondage play as much as me" (Laura) - "If that's true, are you interested in helping me to investigate a rumor about a strange rock ...?"

Making it free with the trade-off being tied up is a good one.

1 hour ago, Mister X said:

Later on, when Laura knows you, it could be an alternative to the belt bound quest, something like "I see in your eyes that you enjoy your stay, so you 'may' stay a bit longer". So, similar to the belt bound quest, but randomly IF Laura keeps you bound and how long (not too long, of course). The chance could rely on how often you accepted her offer to bind you. As you probably will be totally bound, it happens at least in the shop as safe place. To spice things up, Laura could tie herself, too and you test who can untie herself faster, or Laura plugged you and has some spell to control the vibration, or she accidentaly grabbed the wrong, very lively plug and doesn't find the spell to stop it at first, or "by coincidence" a customer comes by and you're at hand to show the stuff ...

I'm thinking of making it part of a different quest that ties into an overarcing roleplaying thingy. :)

14 minutes ago, xxcb said:

Hi, I enjoyed this mod very much. Could I ask when will the next version be released because l'm really looking forward to it.  Thank you

Thank you. :)

It's really hard to say when it'll be ready. I've gotten really far, but I still have things I need to figure out and it also depends on how many things go wrong. :P

Hey, first time commenter, love the mod. Hopefully it's not already been asked, but I've been getting this pop-up message every minute or 2 saying something along the lines of "you are hit with another surge of power, though the restraints power is fading". I'm paraphrasing a bit, but i've dicked around with MO2 and after turning every mod off, i've isolated the pop-op to Laura's Bondage Shop. I can't find information on the notification anywhere in the MCM or on its LoversLab page and i have no idea how to solve it or turn it off. Does anyone have any advice? I really like this mod, but I've had to temporarily turn it off until i find a fix for this :/

1 hour ago, gokken92 said:

Hey, first time commenter, love the mod. Hopefully it's not already been asked, but I've been getting this pop-up message every minute or 2 saying something along the lines of "you are hit with another surge of power, though the restraints power is fading". I'm paraphrasing a bit, but i've dicked around with MO2 and after turning every mod off, i've isolated the pop-op to Laura's Bondage Shop. I can't find information on the notification anywhere in the MCM or on its LoversLab page and i have no idea how to solve it or turn it off. Does anyone have any advice? I really like this mod, but I've had to temporarily turn it off until i find a fix for this :/

There is this line: "The spell hit you with another surge of energy, but it looks like the restraints lost some of their strength." in the third rescue quest. But it's a one time message in that quest and if it's somehow looping, you would also get an effect and an animation.

I really don't know how this can happen.

Is one of my quests active in your game?

When did it start?

Does this also happen with a new game?

Also, please post a papyrus log and I'll take a look at it.

On 10/2/2020 at 5:29 PM, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Fixed: ITM records were removed.

Hi Laura, I'm sorry for reporting so late. (terrible RL)

Today is the first time for me to have a look at the 3.21 pack. It seems there are still a bunch of open issues :classic_unsure:. This is cut & paste from my TES5Edit output:

Spoiler

[Undeleting and Disabling References done]  Processed Records: 5397, Undeleted Records: 0, Elapsed Time: 00:00
Removing: GRUP Cell Temporary Children of WhiterunWindDistrict02 [CELL:0001A27B] (in WhiterunWorld "Whiterun" [WRLD:0001A26F] at 5,-1)
Removing: WhiterunWindDistrict02 [CELL:0001A27B] (in WhiterunWorld "Whiterun" [WRLD:0001A26F] at 5,-1)
Removing: GRUP Exterior Cell Sub-Block -1, 0
Removing: GRUP Exterior Cell Block -1, 0
Removing: FalkreathExteriorOverlook [CELL:00009CA1] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -8,-23)
Removing: FalkreathExterior01 [CELL:00009C80] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -8,-22)
Removing: FalkreathExterior03 [CELL:00009C5E] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -7,-21)
Removing: [CELL:00009C3E] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -8,-20)
Removing: GRUP Exterior Cell Sub-Block -3, -1
Removing: FalkreathExterior06 [CELL:00009C60] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -9,-21)
Removing: GRUP Exterior Cell Sub-Block -3, -2
Removing: GRUP Exterior Cell Block -1, -1
Removing: [REFR:000B74FA] (places PatrolIdleMarker [IDLM:000140BD] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:00000D74] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C]) at -28,27)
Removing: KynesgroveBraidwoodInn "Braidwood Inn" [CELL:00013907]
Removing: GRUP Interior Cell Sub-Block 3
Removing: WhiterunJorrvaskr "Jorrvaskr" [CELL:000165B5]
Removing: GRUP Interior Cell Sub-Block 7
[Removing "Identical to Master" records done]  Processed Records: 5397, Removed Records: 17, Elapsed Time: 00:00
[00:00] Saving: Laura's Bondage Shop.esp.save.2020_11_15_17_59_15

It's the file from today's download section, LE v3.21. :classic_mellow:

1 minute ago, worik said:

Hi Laura, I'm sorry for reporting so late. (terrible RL)

Today is the first time for me to have a look at the 3.21 pack. It seems there are still a bunch of open issues :classic_unsure:. This is cut & paste from my TES5Edit output:

Reveal hidden contents

[Undeleting and Disabling References done]  Processed Records: 5397, Undeleted Records: 0, Elapsed Time: 00:00
Removing: GRUP Cell Temporary Children of WhiterunWindDistrict02 [CELL:0001A27B] (in WhiterunWorld "Whiterun" [WRLD:0001A26F] at 5,-1)
Removing: WhiterunWindDistrict02 [CELL:0001A27B] (in WhiterunWorld "Whiterun" [WRLD:0001A26F] at 5,-1)
Removing: GRUP Exterior Cell Sub-Block -1, 0
Removing: GRUP Exterior Cell Block -1, 0
Removing: FalkreathExteriorOverlook [CELL:00009CA1] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -8,-23)
Removing: FalkreathExterior01 [CELL:00009C80] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -8,-22)
Removing: FalkreathExterior03 [CELL:00009C5E] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -7,-21)
Removing: [CELL:00009C3E] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -8,-20)
Removing: GRUP Exterior Cell Sub-Block -3, -1
Removing: FalkreathExterior06 [CELL:00009C60] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -9,-21)
Removing: GRUP Exterior Cell Sub-Block -3, -2
Removing: GRUP Exterior Cell Block -1, -1
Removing: [REFR:000B74FA] (places PatrolIdleMarker [IDLM:000140BD] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:00000D74] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C]) at -28,27)
Removing: KynesgroveBraidwoodInn "Braidwood Inn" [CELL:00013907]
Removing: GRUP Interior Cell Sub-Block 3
Removing: WhiterunJorrvaskr "Jorrvaskr" [CELL:000165B5]
Removing: GRUP Interior Cell Sub-Block 7
[Removing "Identical to Master" records done]  Processed Records: 5397, Removed Records: 17, Elapsed Time: 00:00
[00:00] Saving: Laura's Bondage Shop.esp.save.2020_11_15_17_59_15

It's the file from today's download section. :classic_mellow:

Crap, thanks for letting me know.

13 hours ago, slvsaris said:

I decided to wait in the shop for a bit, and when the wait ended, there was a CD messenger maid standing right next to me in Laura's shop!  The gall!  Advertise CD right in front of Laura in her own shop!  Those CD messengers are tenacious!

Wow, they really want your bussiness. Did you tell her you already found a shop. :P

11 hours ago, Delzaron said:

Very nice mod ! I was afraid of the sex sex sex restrains restrain restrains whitout control we can find in other mods, but your mod is a nice jewel.

The story is nice too ! I hope we'll see more !

Thank you. :blush:

I'm super happy that people like the friendlier approach. Too many mods here are just about sex and abuse.

16 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Too many mods here are just about sex and abuse.

I kind of agree. I always play Skyrim in a way where all the choices I make reflect my real choices I would do in a real scenario. That means if my character has certain fantasies that play in her mind but are nothing she would ever openly do, scenarios like my mind slipping into curiosity can certainly make up for some interesting results. Its not forced, It´s more that the curiosity gets the better of me and Boom look what I´ve done! It´s kind of exciting and interesting how that works. And then the fantasies my character had just suddenly became very real is just this flood of stuff coming down on her. That opens up a whole other mindset of my character and advances the story even more. At first my character is usually really suspicious of this Shop because everything she knows about bondage is related to slavery, traps and horrible fates. But to then finding out that everything here is consensual surprises the Dragonborn and certainly does raise some curiosity. What does Bondage even mean ? What does she sell ? Can i ..... try it out ? Maybe it´s not all that bad if it´s in the right hands ? I´m a huge fan of this stuff. I love building my character and that every little choice makes a difference. Yes maybe my character thinks bondage is indecent and horrid but curiosity always catches up with her in the end. Being bound in devices sounds horrible at first but what if it´s a safe enviornment where you can just try it out and live out your new fantasy ? Just wanted to mention this. Your mod does this really well!

2 hours ago, AkiKay said:

I kind of agree. I always play Skyrim in a way where all the choices I make reflect my real choices I would do in a real scenario. That means if my character has certain fantasies that play in her mind but are nothing she would ever openly do, scenarios like my mind slipping into curiosity can certainly make up for some interesting results. Its not forced, It´s more that the curiosity gets the better of me and Boom look what I´ve done! It´s kind of exciting and interesting how that works. And then the fantasies my character had just suddenly became very real is just this flood of stuff coming down on her. That opens up a whole other mindset of my character and advances the story even more. At first my character is usually really suspicious of this Shop because everything she knows about bondage is related to slavery, traps and horrible fates. But to then finding out that everything here is consensual surprises the Dragonborn and certainly does raise some curiosity. What does Bondage even mean ? What does she sell ? Can i ..... try it out ? Maybe it´s not all that bad if it´s in the right hands ? I´m a huge fan of this stuff. I love building my character and that every little choice makes a difference. Yes maybe my character thinks bondage is indecent and horrid but curiosity always catches up with her in the end. Being bound in devices sounds horrible at first but what if it´s a safe enviornment where you can just try it out and live out your new fantasy ? Just wanted to mention this. Your mod does this really well!

:blush:

By the way, your avatar is amazing. :D

I am having an issue with the quest Ghosts Of The Past.

I cant seem to find the remains of Sirgen

Spoiler

in the Falkreath Jail. The guards say I am too late someone already killed him what is left of him is in Jail. Do I need to start the werewolf quest or is PO conflicting with the Jail or am I just missing something?

I feel like it is probably my own fault with just missing something but at the moment I cant seem to figure it out. I also have no marker for this quest but they are always breaking so IDK if that was supposed to be that way or not.

13 minutes ago, majormagers said:

I am having an issue with the quest Ghosts Of The Past.

I cant seem to find the remains of Sirgen

Reveal hidden contents

in the Falkreath Jail. The guards say I am too late someone already killed him what is left of him is in Jail. Do I need to start the werewolf quest or is PO conflicting with the Jail or am I just missing something?

I feel like it is probably my own fault with just missing something but at the moment I cant seem to figure it out. I also have no marker for this quest but they are always breaking so IDK if that was supposed to be that way or not.

There isn't a marker there and you found the right location. I don't know what PO does there, but they should be accessible no matter what.

Location in the spoiler:

Spoiler

They're not in one of the cells. They're on the ground somewhere.

If you really can't find them, they should be here:

Spoiler

LBS_GOTP_Tip.JPG.b2664345f0a368cb2264c9b6d0cf43c6.JPG

13 minutes ago, Taki17 said:

Open if you want the exact location:

Reveal hidden contents

A pile of bloody rags in front of the jail cell door, a bit to the left near the wooden support.

Ninja'd in my own thread. How are you so fast? ?