Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

16 minutes ago, BloodWolfBleacher said:

Unfortuanetly, i didnt made a new save ?, i didnt wanted to lose my character-progress, but for your mod i will try ^^.

Okay, let me know how if it works.

My mod doesn't need a new save, but mods like DD and DCL are a lot more complex so they often do need it.

16 minutes ago, BloodWolfBleacher said:

Thx for the help, especially @Laura 'Lokomootje' and @Taki17.
Sry for the trouble

:)

Interesting bug I found in ghosts of the past quest.

When I was in Knifepoint Ridge, my game would CTD when trying to exit mine.  This mod added a 2nd chest to the mine which may cause the CTD when exiting.

Later on I started a new character and cleared the mine before starting the quest.  I was able to exit.

Both times was on old rim, and each time started new character from level one.

My other mods were the same with each character, just updated a couple of them to newer versions.

Looking forward to the continuations.

Thanks for your hard work.

6 hours ago, Xuvish said:

Interesting bug I found in ghosts of the past quest.

When I was in Knifepoint Ridge, my game would CTD when trying to exit mine.  This mod added a 2nd chest to the mine which may cause the CTD when exiting.

Later on I started a new character and cleared the mine before starting the quest.  I was able to exit.

Both times was on old rim, and each time started new character from level one.

My other mods were the same with each character, just updated a couple of them to newer versions.

I don't think that chest can cause a CTD. There's another vanilla chest in there with the same model, so it barely uses model memory. If it does cause a crash, it would be when you enter.

I think there's something else going on.

6 hours ago, Xuvish said:

Looking forward to the continuations.

Thanks for your hard work.

:blush:

On 10/27/2020 at 2:35 AM, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I don't have all the dialogue and code done yet, but I have it planned to the end. I want to know where it's going or it'll become a mess. :P

In that case, would you mind if I started working on a companion mod to add dominant playthrough options for the quests in this mod?  I love the shop itself, and Laura and Katarina, and seeing them interact, and I wanna see what happens with the Thotium and with Jade and with the girls from and after Blending In!

...but I also like playing as a dominant Dragonborn and kicking ass and clearing dungeons, and the current radiant and story quests for the shop don't make a lot of sense for a dominant player character.

13 hours ago, BloodWolfBleacher said:

New save fixed it. I could do all missions without any bug at all. Really good work ??. I really like the quest-line.
Thx for the hard work ! ??‍♂️

Thank you so much. :D

For those that don't know why you're often asked to start a new save: It's because Skyrim saves are a bit weird. They also store the scripts, so when a script is updated it breaks things  because the script in that save is different from the new one. My mod is actually really simple on a technical level, but a lot of complex mods change things that a save can't handle. That's why they ask you to start a new save.

5 hours ago, Killey said:

In that case, would you mind if I started working on a companion mod to add dominant playthrough options for the quests in this mod?  I love the shop itself, and Laura and Katarina, and seeing them interact, and I wanna see what happens with the Thotium and with Jade and with the girls from and after Blending In!

...but I also like playing as a dominant Dragonborn and kicking ass and clearing dungeons, and the current radiant and story quests for the shop don't make a lot of sense for a dominant player character.

I don't want people to change things or do anything with my characters. It's great that you like them so much that it sparks your imagination, but I don't want people to use or change them in any way. I'm sorry, no.

You can always make your own mod with your own characters.

I need some input from any of you who have played the LBS quests with the latest DD5 version:

For DD5 compatibility assessment, I'm currently investigating why the device swapping in the now legacy function ForceEquipDevice seems to fail on some occasions. The first part in this mod where I observed this was during "A Strange Rock Quest", where if the player already wears a hobble dress when they get equipped with one as part of the quest, the previous dress unequips properly, however the newly added dress does not get equipped. But the logs note this as everything working properly.

If any of you have encountered an issue like this at the said part or at any other part during LBS quests where ForceEquipDevice is used (also in the Seeking the Curse quests), would you let me know so we can determine if it's some tism on my end, or it should be addresed in the mod or raised in the DD development thread as an issue?

So, for some reason I cannot figure out, after doing the slavers' hideout story quest, Katarina is following me as if she were a follower, which breaks the next story quest (the paralysis spell doesn't affect her, so she kills the keyholder before he can get down the stairs.) Any idea why this might happen? And, more importantly, any idea how to fix it? I really don't want to revert to an old save and re-do the slavers hideout, but I will if I must. I don't have any mods that change the follower system, so that is completely vanilla.

EDIT: NEVER MIND, I am an idiot. I forgot that I have a mod that makes characters follow you. It's supposed to be so you can set up scenes, but it has issues and you have to purposefully remove the characters, as it doesn't remove them when the scene ends. Removed katarina from the list and she stopped following me.

Ok, so this time it's not my fault. I was doing the Njadi quest, got all the way to the part in the Nightgate Inn, was confronted by the drunk guy, was told where she was, and opened the room she was supposed to be in, just in time to see both her and a 'bound girl' (from DCL) both try to sit in the same chair, at which point Njadi disappeared and the bound girl immediately returned to standing. So now I am stuck in the nightgate inn with no mean of progressing since the NPC is gone. I would really rather not have to do a data dump to find Njadi's RefID, so if there is another way to fix this that would be great.

EDIT: after poking around with the console, I discovered that she was in the seat, but was invisible and un-interactable (outside of targeting in the console). selecting her with the console and using 'recylceactor' on her fixed the problem.

So, after many, many minor issues (most of which were my own fault, or were based on me not resolving a mod conflict correctly), I have finally completed the current story questline for this mod. And I have to agree with something I saw another user say when this latest update came out: Kat and Laura might be average characters, but the player might be anything from a field-wiping battlemage to an unstoppable juggernaut to an invisible assassin, and while surprise attacks and magic traps/spells can obviously get the better of anyone, a flat-out battle of the PC vs a single enemy with an army of mercenaries is not an insurmountable task. When reading kat's response to my asking about such an option, when she says "we wouldn't stand a chance", my immediate thought was 'you won't stand a chance. you and laura hide somewhere you won't be found, and i'll take care of it'.

That said, it's still a good questline overall.

3 hours ago, CanoLathra said:

Kat and Laura might be average characters, but the player might be anything from a field-wiping battlemage to an unstoppable juggernaut to an invisible assassin, and while surprise attacks and magic traps/spells can obviously get the better of anyone, a flat-out battle of the PC vs a single enemy with an army of mercenaries is not an insurmountable task. When reading kat's response to my asking about such an option, when she says "we wouldn't stand a chance", my immediate thought was 'you won't stand a chance. you and laura hide somewhere you won't be found, and i'll take care of it'.

Yes, that's what Skyrim teaches you: A life is worth nothing, and anything can be solved with violence.

You are right that a high level character with not too tough settings for the battles can single handedly take out a whole fort of vanilla enemies, or the whole city guard - cannot tell how often I've killed the whole guards of Riften or Markarth because they bothered me for some five Septims fine.

On the other hand, we don't know anything about Sloane, where they live, what defenses their house, fort, castle or cave has. It should be quite easy to design anything with a single entrance where no one stands a chance of entering unseen - there's magic about, remember?

And even if you are able to enter and brandish a blade - why would they wait for you to kill them? They have hostages, they will have allies that are not at the site - even if you're in a killing spree and don't care for the other slaves, Kat and Laura will never be safe after that.

And there seems to be some civilised understanding between both parties, bc in the (current) last scene they had us three in a bind and could have taken us as slaves. Or killed us as easily.

jm2c - but don't bother, Laura's questline is all set in her mind, it "just" needs to be written and tested.

8 hours ago, CanoLathra said:

Ok, so this time it's not my fault. I was doing the Njadi quest, got all the way to the part in the Nightgate Inn, was confronted by the drunk guy, was told where she was, and opened the room she was supposed to be in, just in time to see both her and a 'bound girl' (from DCL) both try to sit in the same chair, at which point Njadi disappeared and the bound girl immediately returned to standing. So now I am stuck in the nightgate inn with no mean of progressing since the NPC is gone. I would really rather not have to do a data dump to find Njadi's RefID, so if there is another way to fix this that would be great.

EDIT: after poking around with the console, I discovered that she was in the seat, but was invisible and un-interactable (outside of targeting in the console). selecting her with the console and using 'recylceactor' on her fixed the problem.

There's not much I can do about that happening. But I'd expect them to awkwardly stand next to eachother, not that one of them dissappears. Sounds like you're just really unlucky.

You could take a look at your loadorder and remove things that you don't use. You could have conflicting mods.

6 hours ago, CanoLathra said:

So, after many, many minor issues (most of which were my own fault, or were based on me not resolving a mod conflict correctly), I have finally completed the current story questline for this mod. And I have to agree with something I saw another user say when this latest update came out: Kat and Laura might be average characters, but the player might be anything from a field-wiping battlemage to an unstoppable juggernaut to an invisible assassin, and while surprise attacks and magic traps/spells can obviously get the better of anyone, a flat-out battle of the PC vs a single enemy with an army of mercenaries is not an insurmountable task. When reading kat's response to my asking about such an option, when she says "we wouldn't stand a chance", my immediate thought was 'you won't stand a chance. you and laura hide somewhere you won't be found, and i'll take care of it'.

Like @CaptainJ03 said, we don't know what we're up against. They say that fighting won't help with a reason.

Maybe it'll be funny to give the player the option to fight. And then placing a bunch of high level stealth archers with paralysis arrows and a single entrance with traps you can't see and can't sneak through. Then topping it off with an army of high level deadric clad warriors and traps that bind you in inescapable restraints.

I don't think I'll do that though. :P

Skyrim is a game so the enemies are there to provide a challenge, not to actualy beat you. But in this case, it's meant to be unfightable.

6 hours ago, CanoLathra said:

That said, it's still a good questline overall.

Thank you. :)

7 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

There's not much I can do about that happening. But I'd expect them to awkwardly stand next to eachother, not that one of them dissappears. Sounds like you're just really unlucky.

You could take a look at your loadorder and remove things that you don't use. You could have conflicting mods.

Like @CaptainJ03 said, we don't know what we're up against. They say that fighting won't help with a reason.

Maybe it'll be funny to give the player the option to fight. And then placing a bunch of high level stealth archers with paralysis arrows and a single entrance with traps you can't see and can't sneak through. Then topping it off with an army of high level deadric clad warriors and traps that bind you in inescapable restraints.

I don't think I'll do that though. :P

Skyrim is a game so the enemies are there to provide a challenge, not to actualy beat you. But in this case, it's meant to be unfightable.

Thank you. :)

My thoughts exactly. Most Skyrim players (myself included) have fought many battles. It seems natural. What is UN-natural is facing a situation where we desperately want to kill a person but can't, not because of fear for ourselves, but because somehow in this Skyrim crazy war torn place we have developed a relationship with Laura and Kat, and we care for them. We don't want to risk harming them. We know our own player can survive, but we can't risk Laura and Kat's lives. That is the very dilemma which builds this mod to the great level it is. LBS forces us to do something most mods don't. Care about others. That is the great conflict. We want to kill, but we won't risk Laura and Kat.

In a way the ties that bind us to those 2 characters are much stronger than any outfit in the shop.

The emotional connection that the "real" Laura has managed to put in this mod is a work of art.

15 hours ago, JustMe469 said:

My thoughts exactly. Most Skyrim players (myself included) have fought many battles. It seems natural. What is UN-natural is facing a situation where we desperately want to kill a person but can't, not because of fear for ourselves, but because somehow in this Skyrim crazy war torn place we have developed a relationship with Laura and Kat, and we care for them. We don't want to risk harming them. We know our own player can survive, but we can't risk Laura and Kat's lives. That is the very dilemma which builds this mod to the great level it is. LBS forces us to do something most mods don't. Care about others. That is the great conflict. We want to kill, but we won't risk Laura and Kat.

In a way the ties that bind us to those 2 characters are much stronger than any outfit in the shop.

The emotional connection that the "real" Laura has managed to put in this mod is a work of art.

Oh my god, thank you so much. You're way too kind.

❤️

Spoiler

❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Spoiler

❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Spoiler

❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

On 10/31/2020 at 2:29 PM, JustMe469 said:

Fair enough, and you don't want to hurt them.  But that's also why you don't half-ass the violence.  Sloane gets ONE warning: leave Laura and Kat alone, or be removed from reality.  I just got back from traveling bodily to the afterlife to kill a demigod, and you think a slave trader with a few rent-a-thugs is even mildly threatening to me?

To use a great quote from Mass Effect, "I've killed worse things than you on my way to ACTUAL problems."

13 hours ago, circuit said:

Fair enough, and you don't want to hurt them.  But that's also why you don't half-ass the violence.  Sloane gets ONE warning: leave Laura and Kat alone, or be removed from reality.  I just got back from traveling bodily to the afterlife to kill a demigod, and you think a slave trader with a few rent-a-thugs is even mildly threatening to me?

To use a great quote from Mass Effect, "I've killed worse things than you on my way to ACTUAL problems."

It would be nearly impossible to kill Sloane, all her guards and all her allies. There could always be someone out there that could ambush and kill you all. We also don't know how strong they are. And like I said earlier, they could be using tactics that you can't beat, like invisible traps or cursed restraints or something.

But I am thinking of giving the player the option at one point.

13 hours ago, Solhof said:

I can't wait for the next update to this amazing mod!

:blush:

I'm working in it, please be patient. :)

6 hours ago, LittleMiss_Harl said:

I am curious. During the what she deserves quest, after I get the potion stolen I just stand there and nothing happens. Am I bugged?

There's a scene supposed to play there.

Please make sure you have all the requirements and that they're all for the right version.

Then start a new save and see if it works. If it doesn't, please share the papyrus log.

Hey, im having problem with the "locked away" quest, after i wear the belt enough, i ask laura to unlock me, then nothing happens, she just walks up to that caged door and stands there. If i save the game and load that save, my PC gets taken by AI and walks into the cage, but again nothing happens, if i do the same here, the cage closes, but thats as far as i can get. 

I added log if anybody wants to take a peak, i also tried doing it on new save and that did not work.

Papyrus.0.log

Edit: I suppose if this cannot be fixed, i can just remove the belt through debug menu and end the quest through the console, just don't know the quest's ID.

Yet another edit: SO I FIXED IT! So all i did i re installed fuz ro doh, and made sure to get the latest version, and now its working. 

12 hours ago, NiX10 said:

Hey, im having problem with the "locked away" quest, after i wear the belt enough, i ask laura to unlock me, then nothing happens, she just walks up to that caged door and stands there. If i save the game and load that save, my PC gets taken by AI and walks into the cage, but again nothing happens, if i do the same here, the cage closes, but thats as far as i can get. 

I added log if anybody wants to take a peak, i also tried doing it on new save and that did not work.

Papyrus.0.log 807.58 kB · 0 downloads

Edit: I suppose if this cannot be fixed, i can just remove the belt through debug menu and end the quest through the console, just don't know the quest's ID.

Yet another edit: SO I FIXED IT! So all i did i re installed fuz ro doh, and made sure to get the latest version, and now its working. 

Glad you found it. :)

EDIT: By the way, thanks for coming back to tell us how you fixed it. You indirectly helped a lot of people with it. :)

On 11/2/2020 at 4:19 AM, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

There's a scene supposed to play there.

Please make sure you have all the requirements and that they're all for the right version.

Then start a new save and see if it works. If it doesn't, please share the papyrus log.

i had a feeling that something was supposed to happen. so far thats the only quest that doesn't seem to play through. what is a papyrus log? (thank you for responding)

2 hours ago, LittleMiss_Harl said:

i had a feeling that something was supposed to happen. so far thats the only quest that doesn't seem to play through. what is a papyrus log? (thank you for responding)

It's a log where the (Papyrus) scripting engine dumps it's errors and stuff. So when something goes wrong, we can use it to find what's wrong.

Use this: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/articles/368/

But before you do that, please make sure that all the requirements are up-to-date and for the right version. (LE/SE)

Also don't forget to check your Fuz ro d-oh install.

If you checked everything, tried a new save and it still doesn't work, post that papyrus log as an attachment.

By the way, I love your avatar. :)

I just finished playing through the story missions again and I must say I like your writing!  

I'll echo my (slight) disappointment that my insane Dragonborn can't just murderize Sloan at the first opportunity, but I can also understand that you have a very specific vision for the direction of these quests.  

I am very interested to see what comes next,  

All the best, 

LP

I wanted to ask,i downloaded the SSE version but had issues with the voices of the 2 npc's ,i can't hear them except from random words they say when im in the room,also i had some issues with corsets not showing and laura's body but that is probs cause of DD,i just downloaded all these mods cause im new to this and am trying to get them figured out