Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

1 hour ago, eduardo32 said:

maybe a silly question but i cant manage to have dd expansion to work so if i have dd integration will i have some content or will it crash?

DD has 3 parts, DD Assets and Expansion are the content. They don't do anything by themselves. The DD Integration is what makes them work. For Laura's shop, you need all 3, because a large amount of restraints there are from DDE.

4 hours ago, JR42 said:

A small thing: there appears to be an unnecessary edit to Worldspace / WindhelmWorld / Block 1, 0 / Sub-Block 4, 1 / WindhelmPalaceOfTheKingsExterior / FXGlowFillRoundDim , with Laura's Bondage Shop.esp changing the Y-position of the record by ~0.008 units. The reason this matters is because it prevents Time City Lights Merged.esp from applying its own edit (adding TimedCityLightsWindhelmLightControl to the same record) after LOOT sorting.

If that really is a stray edit, then it could be easily fixed by removing the offending record from the esp using TES5Edit.

I'll take a look.

I suggest putting that mod below mine in the load order for now.

4 hours ago, eduardo32 said:

maybe a silly question but i cant manage to have dd expansion to work so if i have dd integration will i have some content or will it crash?

Like Pheanial said, you need Expansion.

Expansion isn't an addon, so it's important that you get it working.

On 6/1/2020 at 5:31 AM, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Update v3.14 is now available!

Thank you for the update.

On 6/1/2020 at 5:31 AM, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Fixed: [Seeking The Curse] There was a static barrel in Greenspring Hollow that was sometimes selected as an objective. That barrel is not an actual container and just an uninteractable prop, so this made the quest impossible to complete.
This barrel did have the Container tag for some reason and that was why it got selected. It's not a mod that gave it that tag, it's like that in the vanilla game.
I usualy always avoid changing stuff in the vanilla game, but there's no way they meant to do this. So I removed the tag.

Thanks to GuruSR for figuring that out.

?

On 6/1/2020 at 4:31 PM, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Update v3.14 is now available!
I hope you're all doing well. :)

This update fixes things that really needed fixing and should make it all work like it should. No more chests in dungeons you can't enter, no more despawned dead bosses as objective and no more inaccessible customers from other mods.

Warning: After installing this update, don't load a save where On The Clock or Seeking The Curse is active.

Change log for v3.14:

Added: [On The Clock] The timer will now change depending on where the customer is.
Thanks to neosuduno and CanoLathra for their feedback.

Added: [On The Clock] The timer will now also adjust itself depending on your timescale setting. So regardless of your timescale setting, it'll always be the same difficulty.

Changed: [On The Clock] It will no longer select an NPC from a DLC or a mod. It'll now only choose vanilla npcs.
This should massively reduce the amount of inaccessible customers.
Thanks to GuruSR for his GetFormId() tip.

Changed: [On The Clock] The customer sometimes offers you some gold if you accepted a cursed restraint. They gave you gold because they know something is wrong with it and they don't trust it.
I changed the dialogue to better reflect that.
Thanks to UnEvenSteven for pointing it out.

Fixed: [On The Clock] It will no longer select an NPC in Helgen Keep.
Thanks to Johannason for letting me know.

Fixed: [On The Clock] It also won't select an NPC in Nightingale Hall anymore.
Thanks to CanoLathra for pointing it out.

Fixed: [Seeking The Curse] You will no longer be sent to a location that isn't accessible without another quest.
I found a list of quest locked locations so I made sure my quest doesn't choose those.
These are the excluded locations:
Dustman's Cairn, Fellglow Keep, Ilinalta's Deep, Labyrinthian, Reachwater Rock, Rebel's Cairn, Reachcliff Cave, The Katariah, Saarthal, Skuldafn, Mzulft, Forelhost, Hillgrund's Tomb and Ysgramor's Tomb.
Thanks to GuruSR for letting me know about Mzulft, which led me to finding this list and thanks to worik for the FormList tip.

Fixed: [Seeking The Curse] Dead bosses will no longer be selected as an objective.
In some locations there is a unique boss and a generic one that replaces them. Sometimes it would select the dead boss and we don't want that.
Thanks to Hanshurtig11 and xyzxyz for their reports.

Fixed: [Seeking The Curse] When picking up a sack of restraints while you're swimming, it'll now wait till your feet are on the ground before it equips stuff.

Fixed: [Seeking The Curse] The bag you got when a blacksmith freed you wasn't removed at the end. That's now fixed.
Thanks to GuruSR for pointing it out.

Fixed: [Seeking The Curse] There was a static barrel in Greenspring Hollow that was sometimes selected as an objective. That barrel is not an actual container and just an uninteractable prop, so this made the quest impossible to complete.
This barrel did have the Container tag for some reason and that was why it got selected. It's not a mod that gave it that tag, it's like that in the vanilla game.
I usualy always avoid changing stuff in the vanilla game, but there's no way they meant to do this. So I removed the tag.
Thanks to UnEvenSteven for figuring that out.

Fixed: A few small changes to dialogue.

So damn excited the mod is updated! Gonna wait till it's converted to SSE though :)

14 minutes ago, Octography said:

So damn excited the mod is updated! Gonna wait till it's converted to SSE though :)

I'm using 3.14 in SSE and having no issues. Maybe something will crash at some point but I've been able to start the initial quest no problem.

Thanks for the update ;)

I reinstalled Skyrim a week ago seeking your mod for the continuation of Jade's quest,

Argh what a tease is this update! Btw no offence or urge intended, i'm just eager to see where it leads !

I found another NPC that On the Clock can target, but shouldn't.

Arvel the Swift.

He is a bandit in Bleak Falls Barrow that starts off as non-hostile, but turns hostile (or gets himself killed) after the first scripted interaction with the player, making completion of the delivery impossible.

EDIT: Your script for determining who to send deliveries to also has an issue with dead people. It has sent me to several named characters whom I had already killed before starting the delivery, but whose cells had yet to be cleared. Including sending me to Arvel again.

17 hours ago, CanoLathra said:

I found another NPC that On the Clock can target, but shouldn't.

Arvel the Swift.

He is a bandit in Bleak Falls Barrow that starts off as non-hostile, but turns hostile (or gets himself killed) after the first scripted interaction with the player, making completion of the delivery impossible.

EDIT: Your script for determining who to send deliveries to also has an issue with dead people. It has sent me to several named characters whom I had already killed before starting the delivery, but whose cells had yet to be cleared. Including sending me to Arvel again.

It doesn't select NPCs in a clearable location and it also doesn't select a dead NPC. So there's something weird going on.

3 hours ago, Jahtoris said:

Great! How soon on the SE conversion? Thanks

That's not up to me. Someone else does the conversions for me.

That mean old Laura won't take the belt off me! I set the min to 3 days and the max to 7 in the MCM. 

When I do sqv laura_securebeltquest it says Days Needed 14 and Days Max = 14 and Min = 7.

So it looks like it's not obeying the MCM?

Is there a command to remove it? Nothing seems to work.

2 hours ago, bubba999 said:

That mean old Laura won't take the belt off me! I set the min to 3 days and the max to 7 in the MCM. 

When I do sqv laura_securebeltquest it says Days Needed 14 and Days Max = 14 and Min = 7.

So it looks like it's not obeying the MCM?

Is there a command to remove it? Nothing seems to work.

It can be extended if you ask for release too early. That could be what happened.

Changing the MCM settings when you're wearing the belt also doesn't have an effect for that the belt you're already wearing.

Did you change the MCM setting or did you ask for release too early?

29 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

It can be extended if you ask for release too early. That could be what happened.

Changing the MCM settings when you're wearing the belt also doesn't have an effect for that the belt you're already wearing.

Did you change the MCM setting or did you ask for release too early?

No, I set the MCM in advance. So it didn't listen to me!

I have a few suggestions. The part where you don't force them to have sex during the quest is very good. But it can change what even the player fails, Laura always says 'It's okay.'

There is a prison inside the store. But the prison remains a once-used and abandoned space during the quest. how about use the prison as a place where locked up and punished when a player fails a mission? For example, in prison for a certain period of time in a tight devious device. 

I know Laura is a masochist, not a sadist, and not a character who oppresses someone by force. But she's the owner of the store, and the player's failure gives the store a negative reputation, so she might get angry or think she should warn the player. Especially when the player is very late for a time-limited delivery.

And I'm looking forward to continuing the story quest. The slave market quest in the mine was very good. Moreover, it was so good to give them the option not to be raped. Some people just enjoy being enslaved and don't like being raped.

I'm really looking forward to a day when I put Jade on my lap and giver good spanking her bare butt. We look forward to continuing the development, appreciating the efforts so far.
2 hours ago, hydra-2000 said:

I know Laura is a masochist,

? I wouldn't take her as a masochist.

"Submissive" is my impression from her dialogues, but I didn't see a masochist side?

4 hours ago, bubba999 said:

So..... how do I get rid of the belt?

You can change your timescale to rediculously high to pass the time quickly.

4 hours ago, hydra-2000 said:
There is a prison inside the store. But the prison remains a once-used and abandoned space during the quest. how about use the prison as a place where locked up and punished when a player fails a mission? For example, in prison for a certain period of time in a tight devious device. 

I know Laura is a masochist, not a sadist, and not a character who oppresses someone by force. But she's the owner of the store, and the player's failure gives the store a negative reputation, so she might get angry or think she should warn the player. Especially when the player is very late for a time-limited delivery.

I wanted to add a punishments in the 3.10 update. But the punishments would be too boring and she isn't the type of person to do that. Maybe I'll add it later, not sure.

I wouldn't say that she's a masochist. There are a lot of steps between liking bondage and masochism.

Being bad for bussiness was how I was going to justify it. I planned to lock repeatable quests till you completed the punishment. But I couldn't make it work.

24 minutes ago, monsta88 said:

Any word about the SE conversion of the π (pi, 3.14) release? Would be awesome. :)

Not yet, but I heard that the LE version already works well in SE.

Hi there,

I have found 2 issues in 3.13 SE, Seeking the Curse. I read the release notes, but I'm not sure if 3.14 fixes them.

1) I got 2 targets at Geirmund's Hall. One had a target indicator. The other didn't. I tried to open every container I could, but couldn't find the second package. I may have missed it, but the lack of target indicator may indicate a problem. Only one goal was complated when I picked up the package, the other is still unresolved. This makes me reload the game.

I looked into quest stages, but it looks complicated. I'm at 1080 and it is 1, but there are a lot of stages, so I'm not sure which should I complete.

2) The 3rd target was on a dragon from Diverse Dragons. Is that normal? Or maybe the dragon looted it? When I picked it up, I got message about opening a chest and equipiing them on myself.

2 minutes ago, monsta88 said:

Hi there,

I have found 2 issues in 3.13 SE, Seeking the Curse. I read the release notes, but I'm not sure if 3.14 fixes them.

1) I got 2 targets at Geirmund's Hall. One had a target indicator. The other didn't. I tried to open every container I could, but couldn't find the second package. I may have missed it, but the lack of target indicator may indicate a problem. Only one goal was complated when I picked up the package, the other is still unresolved. This makes me reload the game (or I console complete it).

2) The 3rd target was on a dragon from Diverse Dragons. Is that normal? Or maybe the dragon looted it? When I picked it up, I got message about opening a chest and equipiing them on myself.

1 has been fixed in the newest version.

2 is kinda a weird one. It's supposed to pick a boss enemy and I guess a dragon counts as a boss. If you were still able to pick up the sack, I don't think it's an issue.

9 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

1 has been fixed in the newest version.

2 is kinda a weird one. It's supposed to pick a boss enemy and I guess a dragon counts as a boss. If you were still able to pick up the sack, I don't think it's an issue.

I think it is on a dead boss, but you already answered it. :) 

Thanks!