Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

On 5/18/2020 at 3:57 AM, GuruSR said:

Yes, that is good, you know which areas to drag into the formlist in the CK.  As for the underwater, here is a good idea:   :)

1.  Make an ability spell, call it "Happy Happy Joy Joy" (or something), have "Waterbreathing" on it and add a scripted effect, that scripted effect will have the function call to "equip the items necessary" in the Effect start.

2.  Make a (gasp) Perk, this perk will have a few requirements:

1.  Player isn't swimming.

2.  Player isn't sitting.

3.  VMQuestVariable (your quest that does the equipping), "HappyBoxFunTime" = True

The perk will only active the "Happy Happy Joy Joy" if the requirements are met.

3.  In the Effect start for the scripted part, set "HappyBoxFunTime" = False, then make sure the player ISN'T DEAD and then call the function to do the equipping.

4.  Change the picking up of the item to set the "HappyBoxFunTime" to True.  :)

5.  OnPlayerLoadGame, make sure the player has the "Happy Happy Joy Joy" perk, if not, add it quietly.

That should fix the issues.  You could also add a reduction to damage to the "Happy Happy Joy Joy" ability to reduce damage from enemies who may find you during the equip and typically murder you before you're released (which really causes grief when the UI is off).

EDIT: 

Depending on how your equip function goes, you may need to put the "HappyBoxFunTime" to False in the Effect Finish section instead of the Start, though it probably is a good idea to do this anyways and check for it being set in the Start, to avoid people calling the spell manually.

EDIT 2:  After playing to get to Mzulft, I had to see a blacksmith first (for the first 2, catsuit and arm brace), got the "Bag of Restraints", got to the third in Mzulft (was the gag), got back, she only unlocked the gag, the "Bag of Restraints" is still in the inventory after I completed it.  A blacksmith removed the items.

GuruSR.

Thanks for the tip, but I'm not going to add it. I don't want to add all that for something that happens so rarely, it adds more things that could go wrong and it could be bad for performance.

About the bag. I'll make sure it's removed at the end.

On 5/19/2020 at 2:58 AM, neosuduno said:

I understand the need for a time limit, but the limit does not take into account if they will be available all the time or not. It also takes an average of 12 in game hours to reach Markarth and Riften, and a bit longer to reach Winterhold. The time limits are just too strict. Would be nice if we could control them.

I recently made it shorter to make it more challenging, but I think it's too challenging. :P

I'll change it.

10 hours ago, CanoLathra said:

When you add in the list of quest-locked places, please remember to make it also apply to the delivery radiant quest. I just got a delivery for the Nightingale Sanctuary, which is only unlocked at the end of ~3-4 (real-time) hours of quests. Kinda impossible to make the delivery unless you are already done with that quest line.

That list is only for clearable locations and the delivery quest already excludes those so I can't use that list.

But I'll make sure it won't select it again.

10 hours ago, CanoLathra said:

Also, as neosuduno pointed out, if you get a delivery to Markarth or Windhelm, you're almost better off just instantly failing it and getting another, because unless you have some way to make yourself crazy fast you won't be able to complete it in time.

Thanks, I'll change it.

11 hours ago, CanoLathra said:

Also, as neosuduno pointed out, if you get a delivery to Markarth or Windhelm, you're almost better off just instantly failing it and getting another, because unless you have some way to make yourself crazy fast you won't be able to complete it in time.

By the way, I know that the timer is a bit tight right now. But I don't think that it's actually impossible. Did you change the timescale in your game?

3 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

By the way, I know that the timer is a bit tight right now. But I don't think that it's actually impossible. Did you change the timescale in your game?

I saw neosuduno's post before I got a delivery to Windhelm, so I made a save so I could do some tests. I have not made any changes to timescale in my game.

First I tried fast travel. That was way too slow, as was to be expected. Then I gave myself infinite stamina and sprinted the whole way. Also too slow. I then tried riding a horse with infinite stamina and discovered that sprinting with no armor and riding a horse are similar in terms of speed, and it was still too slow. I then used console commands to triple my movement speed, and that was enough to get there with time to spare.

With the sprinting and the horse, I was typically in Windhelm, sprinting towards the palace (which was the destination) when the time ran out, so it is indeed quite close (running on foot I ran out of time just after entering the city, on horse I ran out just before the palace entrance), but that was Windhelm, which has a more direct path between it and Whiterun. If the delivery had been to the College, or to Markarth, then it would be an even longer journey. And while there may have been a more optimal route than the one I took, the fact remains that I was using infinite stamina, which means that without that cheat there is no way I could have done it.

So yeah, the timer is definitely impossible for Windhelm and farther without 'cheating'.

3 hours ago, CanoLathra said:

I saw neosuduno's post before I got a delivery to Windhelm, so I made a save so I could do some tests. I have not made any changes to timescale in my game.

First I tried fast travel. That was way too slow, as was to be expected. Then I gave myself infinite stamina and sprinted the whole way. Also too slow. I then tried riding a horse with infinite stamina and discovered that sprinting with no armor and riding a horse are similar in terms of speed, and it was still too slow. I then used console commands to triple my movement speed, and that was enough to get there with time to spare.

With the sprinting and the horse, I was typically in Windhelm, sprinting towards the palace (which was the destination) when the time ran out, so it is indeed quite close (running on foot I ran out of time just after entering the city, on horse I ran out just before the palace entrance), but that was Windhelm, which has a more direct path between it and Whiterun. If the delivery had been to the College, or to Markarth, then it would be an even longer journey. And while there may have been a more optimal route than the one I took, the fact remains that I was using infinite stamina, which means that without that cheat there is no way I could have done it.

So yeah, the timer is definitely impossible for Windhelm and farther without 'cheating'.

Thanks for the info.

I'm working on adjusting the timer based on the hold.

6 minutes ago, Shodan90211 said:

I started the Quest "Seeking the Curse" and the Questmarker points to a non-interactive barrel in Greenspring Hollow.

Is there any way to reallocate the Questtarget, skip this Step or something else to solve this?

You can go back to the shop to cancel the quest.

Can you post a screenshot of what it's pointing at? I want to take a look at it.

1 hour ago, Shodan90211 said:

SURE!

Elder Scrolls V  Skyrim Screenshot 2020.05.20 - 18.00.53.87.png

Thanks.

Someone else had the same issue with the same barrel and I still can't figure out why it would select that one. It's supposed to pick stuff in the containers category. This barrel is a static object, that's a different category. It's strange that this happened to someone else with the same barrel. If the selecting is bugged, you'd think I'd have gotten more reports about different static barrels.

Do you maybe have a mod that changes it somehow?

4 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Thanks.

Someone else had the same issue with the same barrel and I still can't figure out why it would select that one. It's supposed to pick stuff in the containers category. This barrel is a static object, that's a different category. It's strange that this happened to someone else with the same barrel. If the selecting is bugged, you'd think I'd have gotten more reports about different static barrels.

Do you maybe have a mod that changes it somehow?

3 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Maybe, there's definitely something fishy with that barrel. It's a static barrel in vanilla and can't be selected because of it. Something must be messing with it.

I was the one that reported this issue before.

Nothing is messing with the barrel nor is it a bug, STC is working correctly here. Well technically it's working properly given the way you have conditions set, particularly the Subject.LocationHasRefType(Container) condition.

stcconditions.png.4544ab62607c367ad47da3301803f8e9.png

The problem here is the static barrel in question has a "Container" Location Ref Type set as pictured below:

thebarrel.png.9af3fe4e53ab7186e764eebf7332562e.png

This is pure vanilla, there are no mods doing this. Other static barrels, such as the ones outside the nearby Redoran's Retreat, don't have a Location Ref Type set. I'm assuming at one point during development the barrel at Greenspring may have been a "container" barrel but was changed to a static version. Or it was just a erroneous edit by a developer.

And no, USLEEP does not fix this.

11 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Thanks for the tip, but I'm not going to add it. I don't want to add all that for something that happens so rarely, it adds more things that could go wrong and it could be bad for performance.

About the bag. I'll make sure it's removed at the end.

Won't be any sort of performance hit, in fact, Perks are faster than any type of callback loops the engine offers.  Booleans are the fastest variable as well, so having anything do an OnUpdate for anything would be better suited as a Perk.  Merely adding the longest condition at the end so all of the "easy to fail" expressions are first, reduce even more overhead.

image.png.c75483cb84c36568286e031faf82b5f0.png

Just an example of a time controlled Perk, the "AmbushleverPulled_var" could be set to GameDaysPassed + value at the *END* of the Start for the spell which would do 2 things, only fire the "update" when other parameters are met and will not cause an "OnUpdate" to run again, this also removes the issues when updating, because there will be no  OnUpdate loops to get script stuck (as in "such and such script has changed, using version from save" when loading after an updated version goes in).  The reason for setting the GameDaysPassed + duration to the "AmbushleverPulled_var" at the end of the Start, is to reduce overhead on scripts that fire way too often, plus it also invalidates the perk when you do.

GuruSR.

A question, merely speculative, Laura wanders back and forth from that chair, reaaallly doesn't seem immersive as a shop owner, she is the only one that sits and does nothing for minutes (hours in game) on end, "staring into space while sitting", any chance to rather than have her go to that chair, remove it altogether and just have her do regular cleaning and such, maybe even strike a conversation up with the only other person there normally?  Would be interesting to walk in on her mid-conversation.  The chair just seems out of place and for her to sit there and do nothing and then walk back, seems odd.  She could check the back counter (marker for the unlock restraints), that would work, a broom or something to sweep here and there, you know, shop keeper stuff.  And if you ask her about something while she's not at the counter, she could say, "Hang on, let me finish what I'm doing and I can help you.", then wanders back to her counter.

GuruSR.

10 hours ago, GuruSR said:

A question, merely speculative, Laura wanders back and forth from that chair, reaaallly doesn't seem immersive as a shop owner,

:classic_laugh: I take the opportunity to suggest (again) you give her a proper daily life.

E.g.

Spoiler
  • sleep 23-6,
  • eating routine 6-7 at her table
  • cleaning the shop and moving things 7-9 (broom idle, shuffling in her crates)
  • shop hours 9-19 (no trading at other hours)
  • counting and accounting 19-20 (updating her business ledger)
  • 20-23 relaxing, eating, reading a book. Perhaps having her visit the Drunken Huntsman or the Bannered Mare for a drink.

Quite easy to do. I'm building a roadside inn with >15 NPCs (innkeeper, servant, guests, horsesmith, guards, etc..) and it feels really great to watch them do their daily life

13 hours ago, UnEvenSteven said:

I was the one that reported this issue before.

Nothing is messing with the barrel nor is it a bug, STC is working correctly here. Well technically it's working properly given the way you have conditions set, particularly the Subject.LocationHasRefType(Container) condition.

The problem here is the static barrel in question has a "Container" Location Ref Type set as pictured below:

This is pure vanilla, there are no mods doing this. Other static barrels, such as the ones outside the nearby Redoran's Retreat, don't have a Location Ref Type set. I'm assuming at one point during development the barrel at Greenspring may have been a "container" barrel but was changed to a static version. Or it was just a erroneous edit by a developer.

And no, USLEEP does not fix this.

Thanks for the info.

I just checked the container ref type in the CK and there's one static object in the Use List and it's the barrel in Greenspring Hollow. I have no clue why they did that.

How the hell did they mess this up so badly.

12 hours ago, GuruSR said:

Won't be any sort of performance hit, in fact, Perks are faster than any type of callback loops the engine offers.  Booleans are the fastest variable as well, so having anything do an OnUpdate for anything would be better suited as a Perk.  Merely adding the longest condition at the end so all of the "easy to fail" expressions are first, reduce even more overhead.

image.png.c75483cb84c36568286e031faf82b5f0.png

Just an example of a time controlled Perk, the "AmbushleverPulled_var" could be set to GameDaysPassed + value at the *END* of the Start for the spell which would do 2 things, only fire the "update" when other parameters are met and will not cause an "OnUpdate" to run again, this also removes the issues when updating, because there will be no  OnUpdate loops to get script stuck (as in "such and such script has changed, using version from save" when loading after an updated version goes in).  The reason for setting the GameDaysPassed + duration to the "AmbushleverPulled_var" at the end of the Start, is to reduce overhead on scripts that fire way too often, plus it also invalidates the perk when you do.

GuruSR.

The main reason is that it's low on the priority list. Other stuff is just more important to me.

11 hours ago, GuruSR said:

A question, merely speculative, Laura wanders back and forth from that chair, reaaallly doesn't seem immersive as a shop owner, she is the only one that sits and does nothing for minutes (hours in game) on end, "staring into space while sitting", any chance to rather than have her go to that chair, remove it altogether and just have her do regular cleaning and such, maybe even strike a conversation up with the only other person there normally?  Would be interesting to walk in on her mid-conversation.  The chair just seems out of place and for her to sit there and do nothing and then walk back, seems odd.  She could check the back counter (marker for the unlock restraints), that would work, a broom or something to sweep here and there, you know, shop keeper stuff.  And if you ask her about something while she's not at the counter, she could say, "Hang on, let me finish what I'm doing and I can help you.", then wanders back to her counter.

GuruSR.

Having her only stand at the counter is weird, letting her equip stuff when she's holding a broom is also weird and making the broom magically dissapear everytime you talk to her is also weird. I think sitting on a chair is the least weird thing to me.

1 hour ago, worik said:

:classic_laugh: I take the opportunity to suggest (again) you give her a proper daily life.

E.g.

Reveal hidden contents
  • sleep 23-6,
  • eating routine 6-7 at her table
  • cleaning the shop and moving things 7-9 (broom idle, shuffling in her crates)
  • shop hours 9-19 (no trading at other hours)
  • counting and accounting 19-20 (updating her business ledger)
  • 20-23 relaxing, eating, reading a book. Perhaps having her visit the Drunken Huntsman or the Bannered Mare for a drink.

Quite easy to do. I'm building a roadside inn with >15 NPCs (innkeeper, servant, guests, horsesmith, guards, etc..) and it feels really great to watch them do their daily life

That could be nice, but I don't want to add no trading hours.

13 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

It could open the approach to a little side quest ? ....

.. or s slightly different outcome if you wake her at night to "urgently" trade  ?

At least I could imagine a very funny scene/side dialogue if I walk at night into a bondage shop, wake the owner and want to trade right now. ?

Spoiler

Going on a jogging run now, maybe I come back later with some more funny ideas :classic_tongue:

I’m not gonna lie, I kinda like the Worik’s idea of waking Laura up in the middle of the night and having her be grumpy about it. “You’re waking me up WHY? Ok fine, I’ll buy your stuff but you’re going in the cage with a yoke and a buttplug until I open in the morning.” ?

I know it doesn’t interest you, I just thought it funny.

Running into a CTD issue at the same point in a quest. After the first Jade quest, once freed and talking over the next plan when Katarina goes to equip the items it immediately triggers a CTD. I do manage to hear the sound of items being equipped, but no animations have time to even begin as far as I can see. Tried unequipping all items first to see if that was an issue, no change in behavior.

Vanilla Skyrim, only this mod and prereqs installed, no FNIS errors when running it.

Also encountering a minor issue where the text for their spoken lines sometimes won't appear. Usually stopping the conversation at the next choice prompt and restarting it allows more or all the missing lines to show, but that method doesn't work if the conversation just ends after the missing line(s). Not too concerned with this as it can be mitigated with frequent saves, just sharing in case it is worth investigating.

1 hour ago, vze2b67t said:

After the first Jade quest, once freed and talking over the next plan when Katarina goes to equip the items it immediately triggers a CTD.

That more often than not points to a faulty or missing HDT-PE installation.

1 hour ago, vze2b67t said:

Also encountering a minor issue where the text for their spoken lines sometimes won't appear.

Check if FuzRohDoh is installed properly.

Thanks for the info.

I just checked the container ref type in the CK and there's one static object in the Use List and it's the barrel in Greenspring Hollow. I have no clue why they did that.

How the hell did they mess this up so badly.

Simple, late night coding, we've all done it, it just... happens.  Why it was never fixed, that would be because it wasn't a priority.

The main reason is that it's low on the priority list. Other stuff is just more important to me.

Well, if you need any OnUpdate, I'd avoid using OnUpdate and Perk it, cuts down on having a loop running at intervals just doing checks, that causes more lag than anything.  Been testing that Perk setup on another mod I'm developing and so far it's been very useful.

Having her only stand at the counter is weird, letting her equip stuff when she's holding a broom is also weird and making the broom magically dissapear everytime you talk to her is also weird. I think sitting on a chair is the least weird thing to me.

I guess, though having equipment appearing on the player and being somehow given a delivery package without so much as her moving from the counter, is just as weird, but I guess to each their own.  Perhaps moving the chair and placing a small table in front of it with product on it, so it looks like she's pricing items while sitting there would make it a simple thing to add.

I agree here, vampires would suffer with closing time at 11pm to 6am, they'd only have barely 4 hours to do business.

EDIT:  One suggestion would be, please use the script that is on the Underforge door, this will block followers from entering, on returning from one of the curse searches, a follower got in the way 100% and I couldn't "move" to the fire at all, the follower couldn't move, was stuck between myself and Laura.  Using that built in script will avoid followers from entering, giving the room to the expected 3.

GuruSR.

23 hours ago, GuruSR said:

Well, if you need any OnUpdate, I'd avoid using OnUpdate and Perk it, cuts down on having a loop running at intervals just doing checks, that causes more lag than anything.  Been testing that Perk setup on another mod I'm developing and so far it's been very useful.

GuruSR.

Could you tell about how to use a perk instead of OnUpdate? I never heard that before. If I need to check something every 2 real-time seconds for duration of a SL animation, can I somehow use a perk instead?

Hey, I'm really enjoying this mod, great job. Thank-you

I'm posting this because I wanted to do more with "The Perfect Girl" line, or possible quest.

I kind of wanted there to be a conclusion to it, one last thing to help the shop. And maybe find a key for all the locked stuff in the shop. lol

The new gear is really great, I did cheat a bit, I didn't take anything but I did see timed gear that I never got.

Is the timed gear available to get doing deliveries and cursed searches?

Thanks

20 hours ago, twilightowl said:

Hey, I'm really enjoying this mod, great job. Thank-you

I'm posting this because I wanted to do more with "The Perfect Girl" line, or possible quest.

I kind of wanted there to be a conclusion to it, one last thing to help the shop. And maybe find a key for all the locked stuff in the shop. lol

The new gear is really great, I did cheat a bit, I didn't take anything but I did see timed gear that I never got.

Is the timed gear available to get doing deliveries and cursed searches?

Thanks

Glad you like it. :blush:

About the timed devices, I wanted to use them as a rewards, but the timer feature from DD currently doesn't work. So I'll have to wait for the fix before I use them.