Laura

Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (2-oct-2020) V3.21

3 hours ago, RoxyLalonde said:

i'm having an issue with the broken warrior quest

When you went to Riften to find her sister, did you wait a second for said sister to approach you before leaving? There is a second scene after the sisters finished talking, and when she talks to you, only then will the quest advance properly, so you'll be able to talk to Laura.

I must say, this is one of my favorite mods on this site. I recently came back to Skyrim after a long hiatus, and was pleasantly surprised to see so many updates to this mod. DCL has always been a staple of my Loverslab mod collection, but I think this mod will have to become a must-install as well. It has all the charm and fun of the old Captured Dreams shop, but it's modern and polished to boot.

Phenomenal mod! Everything's really well polished and I especially loved the quests. Honestly, I really hope there's more in the future because they're the best part of the mod by far. Definitely a must-install from me because of how much it offers :)

15 hours ago, Taki17 said:

When you went to Riften to find her sister, did you wait a second for said sister to approach you before leaving? There is a second scene after the sisters finished talking, and when she talks to you, only then will the quest advance properly, so you'll be able to talk to Laura.

oh that fixed it, thank u so much : )

How tight is the timer for 'On The Clock'? I just did a delivery to Riften, I went straight there, no fast travel, run as much as I could but I did take the road and get into a fight with a bear and I failed the timer. The dialog with Laura makes it clear she's not happy :(

Also is Laura getting more like Master? She asked about my chastity belt, I said it was making me touch myself and she put me in an armbinder!

just did a play through (not finished yet) and I have to say, you have authored a very creative and well done mod.  thank you for sharing your work.  It is absolutely fabulous!  Kudos!

I'm having an issue. I was sent to go collect some restraints from someone, but before I could talk to them a fight broke out (vampires) and the quest target was downed. She got back up (I'm assuming quest targets are essential), but now when I try to talk to her, she says hi, I ask about restraints, and then she quickly says ~3 things in a row, all on top of each other, and the conversation ends.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Story Spoilers:

Spoiler

When rescuing the first slave, the trap went off, but nothing happened after that. I went into free-camera and found that the guy who was walking towards the cells got caught on some items that had blocked the way by accident (a couple of dropped enemy weapons and a kettle) and couldn't pathfind. After trying to pathfind, he stepped on the wrong item and got splatted against a wall and died.

So, now I am stuck, and unable to progress. Is there a console command I can use to fix this?

On 5/3/2020 at 8:39 PM, GuruSR said:

As for checking for DLCs, easy.  Get the Mod ID from the Form ID:  (ActorID.GetFormID() / 16777216) As Int, will return 0-255 for the ModID.  You could then use Game.GetModName(that ID from the equation) to obtain the name as a string to test against.  Only test from 0-254, 255 are temps.

Thanks for the tip.

On 5/5/2020 at 12:08 AM, Xuvish said:

I like the talking back and forth between Katarina and Laura during the quests.

How about Laura will give you the option to wear more than just the belt an plug after the first time you complete Locked Away?  She will pay you extra for each device you wear.

Glad you like it. :)

I don't want to add more devices to Locked Away. That would make it incompatible with other quests.

On 5/10/2020 at 1:58 AM, Pixeletta said:

I must say, this is one of my favorite mods on this site. I recently came back to Skyrim after a long hiatus, and was pleasantly surprised to see so many updates to this mod. DCL has always been a staple of my Loverslab mod collection, but I think this mod will have to become a must-install as well. It has all the charm and fun of the old Captured Dreams shop, but it's modern and polished to boot.

Thank you so much. :blush:

On 5/10/2020 at 3:33 AM, test43 said:

Phenomenal mod! Everything's really well polished and I especially loved the quests. Honestly, I really hope there's more in the future because they're the best part of the mod by far. Definitely a must-install from me because of how much it offers :)

That means a lot. Thanks.:blush:

On 5/10/2020 at 4:35 PM, windlepoons said:

How tight is the timer for 'On The Clock'? I just did a delivery to Riften, I went straight there, no fast travel, run as much as I could but I did take the road and get into a fight with a bear and I failed the timer. The dialog with Laura makes it clear she's not happy :(

Also is Laura getting more like Master? She asked about my chastity belt, I said it was making me touch myself and she put me in an armbinder!

The timer for a regular delivery is 9 ingame hours and a fast delivery is 6 ingame hours. That should be enough for a delivery to riften.

She's not really like Master, but she does kinda step into her shoes in Locked Away.

On 5/12/2020 at 7:18 AM, macnchz said:

just did a play through (not finished yet) and I have to say, you have authored a very creative and well done mod.  thank you for sharing your work.  It is absolutely fabulous!  Kudos!

That's really kind. Thank you. :blush:

22 hours ago, Stasdvrz said:

RUS Translate Have Issue here  

enb 2020_05_12 13_32_55_19.jpg

I'll let him know.

11 hours ago, CanoLathra said:

I'm having an issue. I was sent to go collect some restraints from someone, but before I could talk to them a fight broke out (vampires) and the quest target was downed. She got back up (I'm assuming quest targets are essential), but now when I try to talk to her, she says hi, I ask about restraints, and then she quickly says ~3 things in a row, all on top of each other, and the conversation ends.

I don't know how it would break the dialogue there. What were the 3 things she said in a row?

9 hours ago, CanoLathra said:

Story Spoilers:

Hide contents

When rescuing the first slave, the trap went off, but nothing happened after that. I went into free-camera and found that the guy who was walking towards the cells got caught on some items that had blocked the way by accident (a couple of dropped enemy weapons and a kettle) and couldn't pathfind. After trying to pathfind, he stepped on the wrong item and got splatted against a wall and died.

So, now I am stuck, and unable to progress. Is there a console command I can use to fix this?

Resurrecting her probably won't fix it. You'll have to go back to a save from before it went wrong.

The physics randomly damaging or killing someone is just something Skyrim does. I can't do anything about it. It can be kinda funny though. :)

4 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:
16 hours ago, CanoLathra said:

I don't know how it would break the dialogue there. What were the 3 things she said in a row?

14 hours ago, CanoLathra said:

Story Spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

Resurrecting her probably won't fix it. You'll have to go back to a save from before it went wrong.

The physics randomly damaging or killing someone is just something Skyrim does. I can't do anything about it. It can be kinda funny though.

For the first, I couldn't tell what she said because Fus Ro D'oh didn't slow it down, unlike all of the other dialogue in this mod. It just flashed by 3 messages in less than a second and the conversation ended.

For the second, I did have to reload an old save. I think, since that particular one has the player only able to see in a certain area, you could move the NPC's spawn point closer to the target location (probably just at the top of the stairs) to reduce the chance of this happening, but it's not that important since it is obviously an edge-case.

For a future update, how about a short follow up quest to a strange rock?

Here is my suggestion for such a quest, but feel free to use what you want if you want to do anything at all.

It could be something like that Laura figures out how to make restraints from it, but needs a test subject.

Laura would allow you to wear them for a certain amount of time and you would have to get out before the time expires.

The quests could be going to different blacksmiths and fences to see if they and unlock it.  You can configure the number of times in the MCM.

You can go to a number of blacksmiths/fences to unlock you.  Depending on their level they may be able to unlock one or more of the devices.  If you get out, there would be a reward.  If you don't get out in time you can ask Laura to release you, or to extend the time, but you wouldn't get any rewards.

If you want to make it more hard core, you could always make a bet with Laura instead, where if you lost there would be certain consequences, like being locked in longer, or having to make some deliveries.

Having some issues with the "Blending In " quest. I saved after agreeing to have sex with Holden, then got off.

I came back on this morning, loaded up the save and the animations broke. I think it ended before it should of, because I can move around but Holden just says "This person is busy" whenever I interact with him. The "Follow Holden" step says completed, "Wait for Katarina" is not completed, and it seems no matter how long I wait, nothing happens.

The cage I'm supposed to be in is also still locked by a key with me outside of it.

18 minutes ago, Hammy__ said:

Having some issues with the "Blending In " quest. I saved after agreeing to have sex with Holden, then got off.

I came back on this morning, loaded up the save and the animations broke. I think it ended before it should of, because I can move around but Holden just says "This person is busy" whenever I interact with him. The "Follow Holden" step says completed, "Wait for Katarina" is not completed, and it seems no matter how long I wait, nothing happens.

The cage I'm supposed to be in is also still locked by a key with me outside of it.

It would seem unlocking the cage with console than opening it fixed everything. Quest is completed.

On 5/13/2020 at 3:58 PM, CanoLathra said:

For the first, I couldn't tell what she said because Fus Ro D'oh didn't slow it down, unlike all of the other dialogue in this mod. It just flashed by 3 messages in less than a second and the conversation ended.

For the second, I did have to reload an old save. I think, since that particular one has the player only able to see in a certain area, you could move the NPC's spawn point closer to the target location (probably just at the top of the stairs) to reduce the chance of this happening, but it's not that important since it is obviously an edge-case.

Then maybe something went wrong with Fus Ro D'oh. Not sure though.

I don't think moving them will make much of a difference. The physics killing someone is so rare and random that there's not really something I can do about it.

On 5/13/2020 at 7:45 PM, Xuvish said:

For a future update, how about a short follow up quest to a strange rock?

Here is my suggestion for such a quest, but feel free to use what you want if you want to do anything at all.

It could be something like that Laura figures out how to make restraints from it, but needs a test subject.

Laura would allow you to wear them for a certain amount of time and you would have to get out before the time expires.

The quests could be going to different blacksmiths and fences to see if they and unlock it.  You can configure the number of times in the MCM.

You can go to a number of blacksmiths/fences to unlock you.  Depending on their level they may be able to unlock one or more of the devices.  If you get out, there would be a reward.  If you don't get out in time you can ask Laura to release you, or to extend the time, but you wouldn't get any rewards.

If you want to make it more hard core, you could always make a bet with Laura instead, where if you lost there would be certain consequences, like being locked in longer, or having to make some deliveries.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I actually have something kinda like that in my notes, but I don't know if it'll be part of a side quest, repeatable quest or story quest.

16 hours ago, Hammy__ said:

It would seem unlocking the cage with console than opening it fixed everything. Quest is completed.

🤔

The cage door could actually have something to do with why it sometimes breaks. But there isn't a consistent way to reproduce it, so it's really hard to test.

Got the 3 location finding of restraints, Mzulft is one of them (locked, can't enter without anther quest).  Not sure about the other locations (Ansilvund and Geirmund's Hall).  Downside of using dungeons that are quest locked, means having to do quests (and possible prerequisite quests just to get to the restraints does diminish the "quest" you're on.

GuruSR.

12 hours ago, GuruSR said:

Got the 3 location finding of restraints, Mzulft is one of them (locked, can't enter without anther quest).  Not sure about the other locations (Ansilvund and Geirmund's Hall).  Downside of using dungeons that are quest locked, means having to do quests (and possible prerequisite quests just to get to the restraints does diminish the "quest" you're on.

GuruSR.

Thanks, I'll exclude Mzulft.

EDIT:

I found a list. :)

5 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

EDIT:

I found a list. :)

Wow, that is handy, didn't think anyone would have added that, a locked out dungeon list is more for modders than anything.  Also, not sure, but in Geirmund's Hall the chest was way under water, meaning swimming and as soon as I opened the chest and took it out, frozen under water as the equips happened, meaning if it was a regular person, they'd have drowned, guess there is no way for it to only equip on ground (as in not swimming), to avoid this, or perhaps "delay" the equip until you're not swimming?  Makes more sense if you open it while not under water.

GuruSR.

5 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

EDIT:

I found a list.

Creating a formlist from these location and set the condition to exclude all of the list ? 🤔

That would be the smart way, I guess. Though I don't know if it's technically possible?

54 minutes ago, GuruSR said:

Wow, that is handy, didn't think anyone would have added that, a locked out dungeon list is more for modders than anything.  Also, not sure, but in Geirmund's Hall the chest was way under water, meaning swimming and as soon as I opened the chest and took it out, frozen under water as the equips happened, meaning if it was a regular person, they'd have drowned, guess there is no way for it to only equip on ground (as in not swimming), to avoid this, or perhaps "delay" the equip until you're not swimming?  Makes more sense if you open it while not under water.

GuruSR.

I was really surpised it exists. I didn't think I'd find anything, but it's perfect for modders. :)

Don't know if there's anything to do about the chest underwater though. I don't know of a way to check if chests are underwater and making a looping timer that waits till you're on ground isn't a good idea.

34 minutes ago, worik said:

Creating a formlist from these location and set the condition to exclude all of the list ? 🤔

That would be the smart way, I guess. Though I don't know if it's technically possible?

Using a formlist is actually a really good idea.

16 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

:blush: it might come in handy to be used more than once. And sounds to me much easier to maintain and detect a mistake or add/remove a location.

Now, that makes me wonder if Bethesda dind't do it already 🤔

(Nevermind. If it's smart, it's 110% granted they didn't :classic_unsure:)

On 5/17/2020 at 12:58 PM, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I was really surpised it exists. I didn't think I'd find anything, but it's perfect for modders. :)

Don't know if there's anything to do about the chest underwater though. I don't know of a way to check if chests are underwater and making a looping timer that waits till you're on ground isn't a good idea.

Yes, that is good, you know which areas to drag into the formlist in the CK.  As for the underwater, here is a good idea:   :)

1.  Make an ability spell, call it "Happy Happy Joy Joy" (or something), have "Waterbreathing" on it and add a scripted effect, that scripted effect will have the function call to "equip the items necessary" in the Effect start.

2.  Make a (gasp) Perk, this perk will have a few requirements:

1.  Player isn't swimming.

2.  Player isn't sitting.

3.  VMQuestVariable (your quest that does the equipping), "HappyBoxFunTime" = True

The perk will only active the "Happy Happy Joy Joy" if the requirements are met.

3.  In the Effect start for the scripted part, set "HappyBoxFunTime" = False, then make sure the player ISN'T DEAD and then call the function to do the equipping.

4.  Change the picking up of the item to set the "HappyBoxFunTime" to True.  :)

5.  OnPlayerLoadGame, make sure the player has the "Happy Happy Joy Joy" perk, if not, add it quietly.

That should fix the issues.  You could also add a reduction to damage to the "Happy Happy Joy Joy" ability to reduce damage from enemies who may find you during the equip and typically murder you before you're released (which really causes grief when the UI is off).

EDIT: 

Depending on how your equip function goes, you may need to put the "HappyBoxFunTime" to False in the Effect Finish section instead of the Start, though it probably is a good idea to do this anyways and check for it being set in the Start, to avoid people calling the spell manually.

EDIT 2:  After playing to get to Mzulft, I had to see a blacksmith first (for the first 2, catsuit and arm brace), got the "Bag of Restraints", got to the third in Mzulft (was the gag), got back, she only unlocked the gag, the "Bag of Restraints" is still in the inventory after I completed it.  A blacksmith removed the items.

GuruSR.

I understand the need for a time limit, but the limit does not take into account if they will be available all the time or not. It also takes an average of 12 in game hours to reach Markarth and Riften, and a bit longer to reach Winterhold. The time limits are just too strict. Would be nice if we could control them.