Laura

Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (2-oct-2020) V3.21

Delivery to Dragon Bridge, failed on time, went straight there via sprinting to and through the mountain pass, to Morthal and onto Solitude, took the shortcut from the back entrance to the front, got to Dragon Bridge, went to the inn for the optional, left, then got told it was late.  Rather impossible to ever get that not late, character has a TON of stamina and could sprint the whole way without stopping, seems going from 9pm to 12:40am (next day) causes a late.

GuruSR.

P.S.  Sex shouldn't be an option when the whole outfit is on, basically the delivery girl is "closed for 'fun'".

@Laura 'Lokomootje'

So far, the contraptions https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/10938-devious-devices-contraptions  look a bit too harsh for the shop itself for my taste.

BUT I can imagine a few applications for

• the slavers in the cave
  • another encounter with the thief
  • a special "wish" / condition to convince Swain to help you
  • another quest for the perfect girl? Similar to the scene in the fort?
  • ... ok, ok. I COULD imagine the strappado or the chair in the shop. Though I think it's too cruel for Laura's character to have that.
  • ... Kat perhaps 🤔 Where she is teaching Swain some manners without using her sword?.)
18 hours ago, GuruSR said:

8 hours+ of stable game play on it, it isn't unstable, I mod in this environment to make sure everything I write works in such a harsh environment.  248+ mods with logging on, tracing on.  Think the biggest one I have is the animal one that constantly complains about unspawned items missing, followed by the poison application mod that again, no source to fix the errors.  That and some of the mods I am working on, spam the trace a lot during testing, because I want to make sure everything is working right, so there are on average 50 to 60 lines per second tossed into it in some cases.  The last one was around 500MB in size was roughly 6 to 7 hours, so for me to send you a log like that, would be... crazy, I'd have a much better chance of searching for items.

Unless you have mods that print a debug message every 0.01 seconds, there's a lot going wrong under the hood.

18 hours ago, GuruSR said:

As for it starting a scene, it does, very easily, I think what happened was when I asked her about the delivery the first time, she was just starting to pull away from the counter, meaning she was in a package to travel to the seat, thus for the scene to start, she has to be at the counter.  That probably was the reason I ran into that issue, wasn't an error, I wasn't patient enough.

A playing animation won't stop it from starting a scene. There's always a chance that it fails because Skyrim is stil Skyrim, but the chance that is fails increases by a lot when you have script lag.

13 hours ago, GuruSR said:

Find Yen-Ylu in AHO, not entirely sure if that is a good idea, I haven't finished that on this play-through, if I couldnt I can't get there.  So I deleted the save and loaded back, she then said she had no packages.  I asked again and she then had one (immersion death), so this time around, it was in a location I could indeed get to.  Perhaps if no packages are available, require 24 hours before there are some?  A suggestion, offer an option to "only game locations" by checking the Mod ID of the actors, so the typical ones used for the DLCs and the obvious one for Skyrim.

You can always go back to the shop to stop the quest when you get that.

I'm stil looking for a way to check of they're not DLC characters.

10 hours ago, GuruSR said:

Delivery to Dragon Bridge, failed on time, went straight there via sprinting to and through the mountain pass, to Morthal and onto Solitude, took the shortcut from the back entrance to the front, got to Dragon Bridge, went to the inn for the optional, left, then got told it was late.  Rather impossible to ever get that not late, character has a TON of stamina and could sprint the whole way without stopping, seems going from 9pm to 12:40am (next day) causes a late.

The timer isn't that short so that shouldn't have been late. Maybe it failed to reset the globals.

11 hours ago, evilblade said:

Yup, I think so, some variable probably goes out-of-range somewhere.. Anyway, changed that 2000 to 5000 via a TES5Edit and Laura has 30000 gold and selling to her still works. Will leave it at that :)

Actually I just found another hilarious glitch (and I think it works with other vendors buying DD as well): if you sell some DD that is currently on you - it sells ok.. and your gold is increased.. and then immediately this just sold DD returns to your inventory in an equiped state.. since it cannot be just unequiped like that, right? :D So... this way you can sell any one DD indefinitely.. that is if you want to use this exploit of coarse.

That has been a weird thing with DD for a while. They would have to fundamentally change how DD works to fix that, so we just have to keep ourselves from doing that. :)

11 hours ago, Targultoon said:

It's an issue with the number going over the 2^15 - 1, which is the maximum number that can be stored in a signed short. Barter Fix actually fixes this issue.

That makes sense.

25 minutes ago, worik said:

@Laura 'Lokomootje'

So far, the contraptions https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/10938-devious-devices-contraptions  look a bit too harsh for the shop itself for my taste.

BUT I can imagine a few applications for

• the slavers in the cave
  • another encounter with the thief
  • a special "wish" / condition to convince Swain to help you
  • another quest for the perfect girl? Similar to the scene in the fort?
  • ... ok, ok. I COULD imagine the strappado or the chair in the shop. Though I think it's too cruel for Laura's character to have that.
  • ... Kat perhaps 🤔 Where she is teaching Swain some manners without using her sword?.)

It's looks really well done, but I don't know if I'll use it yet.

When I try to do the second quest with Jade, skyrim crashes when I get equipped restrains from Laura because of missing NiNode. I tried reinstall XPMSE but that didn't help. It only happens it that one instance though.

27 minutes ago, bnl1 said:

When I try to do the second quest with Jade, skyrim crashes when I get equipped restrains from Laura because of missing NiNode. I tried reinstall XPMSE but that didn't help. It only happens it that one instance though.

Check if you have the all of the following installed properly: HDT-PE, a compatible body and appropriate DD edition, FNIS, bodyslide, Racemenu and any other requirement DD has. Rebuild your items, run FNIS and sort your load order if needed. It's most likey a HDT issue though.

7 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

That has been a weird thing with DD for a while. They would have to fundamentally change how DD works to fix that, so we just have to keep ourselves from doing that. :)

Certainly :) After all it's much faster and easier to just do additem f <wanted-amount-of-gold>

Not sure if anyone mentioned this before but the dialogue seems kinda off in the Blending In quest.

The slavers, when you refuse their commands, simply tell you to "Listen to them next time". A small suggestion is to have them say something like "Fine, get out of here" or "I don't have time to waste on you", something of that sort to convey that they will not punish the PC this time instead of them just gently reminding the PC. 

On 5/1/2020 at 6:05 AM, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

It's kinda like a roleplaying experiment. She thinks you'd like it since you choose to wear the belt.

But it won't go further than that. This isn't that kind of mod.

Haha.  Funny you say that.  After she locked me in the cell, I was so pissed-off that I no-clipped out and tried to kill both of them (damn immortals). Then there was the time I was 'accidentally' locked the cell.  She was soooo apologetic... that she wouldn't remove the belt I was trialling for her.  Once again, pissed-off customer; she ain't gonna retain her clients like that. :)
In a some ways, it's actually good that you can raise an emotion like that, even if it's probably not for the reasons you intended.

16 hours ago, evilblade said:

Certainly :) After all it's much faster and easier to just do additem f <wanted-amount-of-gold>

Yeah, and gold is also really easy to earn with legit methods. So it's luckily not really a problem.

14 hours ago, Jahn_Doe said:

Not sure if anyone mentioned this before but the dialogue seems kinda off in the Blending In quest.

The slavers, when you refuse their commands, simply tell you to "Listen to them next time". A small suggestion is to have them say something like "Fine, get out of here" or "I don't have time to waste on you", something of that sort to convey that they will not punish the PC this time instead of them just gently reminding the PC. 

To me "Fine, get out of here" and "I don't have time to waste on you" don't sound that threatning. It kinda sounds like they don't care. I think "Listen to me next time." sounds more threatning.

But that depends on how you interperate it.

10 hours ago, Wykes said:

Haha.  Funny you say that.  After she locked me in the cell, I was so pissed-off that I no-clipped out and tried to kill both of them (damn immortals). Then there was the time I was 'accidentally' locked the cell.  She was soooo apologetic... that she wouldn't remove the belt I was trialling for her.  Once again, pissed-off customer; she ain't gonna retain her clients like that. :)
In a some ways, it's actually good that you can raise an emotion like that, even if it's probably not for the reasons you intended.

Then she guessed wrong with you. :P

If that pisses you off, I suggest you stay away from other DD mods. :)

42 minutes ago, sofasamuria said:

I am unable to continue the quest after freeing the 3rd lave (the huntress). I have tried waiting and then talking to them but there are no addition dialogue options. Do i just continue to wait?

I believe that is where the questline currently stops. The story is not over, there will be more in future updates.

On 5/2/2020 at 2:41 PM, Taki17 said:

Check if you have the all of the following installed properly: HDT-PE, a compatible body and appropriate DD edition, FNIS, bodyslide, Racemenu and any other requirement DD has. Rebuild your items, run FNIS and sort your load order if needed. It's most likey a HDT issue though.

Thanks, you were right. Somehow, I forgot to install HDT-PE :D

On 5/2/2020 at 6:27 AM, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Unless you have mods that print a debug message every 0.01 seconds, there's a lot going wrong under the hood.

A playing animation won't stop it from starting a scene. There's always a chance that it fails because Skyrim is stil Skyrim, but the chance that is fails increases by a lot when you have script lag.

You can always go back to the shop to stop the quest when you get that.

I'm stil looking for a way to check of they're not DLC characters.

The timer isn't that short so that shouldn't have been late. Maybe it failed to reset the globals.

The two mods that I want to keep are a potion enhancement and an animal enhancement, both have script mistakes that can spam the log (the potion one does it the worst), adding the animal enhancement that does it to every creature in the wild (the error is because the scripts don't seem to notice "this creature is not in a loaded cell" spell script bug, most common when people don't check).  Neither of these two mods or any others that are logging/tracing will have any effect on the game, as the engine is storing logs on a quick SSD, so performance loss will be next to none with Window's write caching in place.

Actually animations can be interrupted but packages can't if they're set to "must complete" and there is no override package, they must complete before another package can start, hence why she had to go back to the counter to start the scene as the scene most likely has a package to a marker to start the scene at the counter.  I've had to talk to her on older versions where I wanted to say I was back, but couldn't get her to do anything because, she was walking to the chair and you can't stop her from doing so, no script lag will matter here at all, not that I have any to really complain about.

As for checking for DLCs, easy.  Get the Mod ID from the Form ID:  (ActorID.GetFormID() / 16777216) As Int, will return 0-255 for the ModID.  You could then use Game.GetModName(that ID from the equation) to obtain the name as a string to test against.  Only test from 0-254, 255 are temps.

EDIT:  Just would recommend avoiding Dawnguard as some of those NPC locations may be in the castle which you may not have access to.

How is the timer done, which one are you using, as there are a few.  I would recommend not using anything else but:  GameDaysPassed.GetValue() and calculating the value by adding to that value the "it'll be late time" and store that into a variable and then check GameDaysPassed.GetValue() > VM Quest Variable in the dialogue for it being late.  (The Quest Variable and Quest need to have Conditional on them.)

GuruSR.

54 minutes ago, GuruSR said:

Get the Mod ID from the Form ID:  (ActorID.GetFormID()

🤔

Let's say I have a vanilla NPC that gets modified by a mod, couldn't that return the FormID from the mod?

I ask especially witjh those many NPC overhaul mods in mind, that could make e.g. Eorlund or Ysolda appear like they wouldn't belong into the basic Skyrim world?

Edit: nevermind ... tried it a second ago :blush:

Here is an idea for the mod - give  us an option for us to get our devices removed for a fee. Given that we have a quest were we purposefully activate a trap, if it happens naturally (outside of the quest) there is nothing that the shop can do to help.

10 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

If that pisses you off, I suggest you stay away from other DD mods. :)

Nah, it all depends on the character I'm playing.  Some would have been fine with it. Others... Not so much.

It's probably why I have several concurrent play-throughs. The mood I'm in determines which one I load.  She just chose the wrong character to lock up. :P

I like the talking back and forth between Katarina and Laura during the quests.

How about Laura will give you the option to wear more than just the belt an plug after the first time you complete Locked Away?  She will pay you extra for each device you wear.

13 hours ago, Xuvish said:

I like the talking back and forth between Katarina and Laura during the quests.

How about Laura will give you the option to wear more than just the belt an plug after the first time you complete Locked Away?  She will pay you extra for each device you wear.

And add option to earn bonus money for the delivery quest by wearing additional items (more branding for the shop)

3 minutes ago, sofasamuria said:

And add option to earn bonus money for the delivery quest by wearing additional items (more branding for the shop)

There already is an opportunity for you to gain additional rewards by locking more stuff on yourself, if the quest calls for it.

hello it's me again i found xayah but when i talk to her and infobox tell me that she took potion and now control my character she just go idle and nothing happens, similar issue happens  too when i try  talk to laura when i have restrains on myself  but this time i cant talk with her(spamming E key force dialog to start but when she come to me after few seconds she go idle and nothing happens). I play on version 3.13 

Papyrus.0.log

12 hours ago, Wiciador_Wolf said:

but this time i cant talk with her(spamming E key force dialog to start but when she come to me after few seconds she go idle and nothing happens). I play on version 3.13

A scene should start here. If it does not, either wait a bit for all your scripts scripts to catch up, or trim the active scripts in your game a bit. The log does contain a large number of script errors, so it wouldn't be a terrible idea to sort out your load order and play on a clean save.

6 minutes ago, lord,k, said:

i'm on the cell but i dont know what to do to continue the quest

You have to listen/watch the scene between Kata and Laura here, then the quest will progress on its own. If it does not, there is something wrong with your mod installs.

i'm having an issue with the broken warrior quest : ( whenever i try to complete the 'go back to laura.' queststep laura just says 'you found her.' on repeat and the conversation doesnt advance.. everything else has worked fine so far so im not sure whats happened here lol