Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

may i suggest that  [On The Clock] Followers could still be selected as customers. as a toggle setting? to me it would be as if they ordered something to be able to see the player wear it for them.

if not the active follower maybe the house carls could be set to be an option for the quest.

4 minutes ago, shadowwolf2k7 said:

may i suggest that  [On The Clock] Followers could still be selected as customers. as a toggle setting? to me it would be as if they ordered something to be able to see the player wear it for them.

if not the active follower maybe the house carls could be set to be an option for the quest.

I don't think that that's a good idea. It wouldn't be like you're demonstrating it for them because you don't give them the set you're wearing. It's also kinda boring to have to deliver to someone who's stand behind you.

But if they're not currently your follower, they could still be selected. So a housecarl who's not currently following you can be a customer.

Hello Laura, love the mod.

Do you think it would be possible to add different colors for the custom devices? I'm playing a dunmer right now and white looks best on her :)

edit: spelling

edit 2: disregard this, it applies to all armbinders.
However I think I found a bug in the latest version, you can't jump while wearing the custom armbinder.

2 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I don't know if I'll add it, but I'll keep it in mind.

2 hours ago, worik said:

We have dozens (ok, not litterally, but a few) mods which could profit from such book ressources.

Some people here have started a few concept studies, but it's not really an effort in it. At least @karlpaws has something in his blog to get started.

If I can get some images I can shrink or cut down to 305-310 pixels by 440-450 the book items are not hard to make. Depending on the palate originally used some of the colors don't work out right if making a transparent PNG which means black and white works best, and also can replicate the look of a woodcut.  My head canon for the mod/resource I was doing is the idea of the Brush of Truepaint artifact, but a lesser version that has many copies.  Or could just be "me" making a lot of stuff and spreading it about Skyrim, either or.

2 hours ago, worik said:

Basically we would have to make sure, it's not relying on 3rd party content with questionable copyrights :classic_unsure:

Yeah, swiping most of my content from rule34 is one of the reasons I haven't released it as a real mod. The completely slap-dash method for randomly throwing stuff together is the other.

Do i get it right saying that when choosing no chastity bra in delivery - some bad, bad thugs can have now "another way" with main character like after defeat - if animation pack alllows it: paizuri way ? :D

EDIT: Forgot to add that quests work ok after update. ?

On 4/28/2020 at 5:12 PM, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

:blush:

I don't want it to be a free way to get the restraints you want. It would make it too complex and it doesn't make sense that a shop would give it all away.

You can always ask for the armbinder and then equip your own boots if you want. (But you'll have to buy them :P)

haha alright that makes sence XD hmmm maybe make an animation then where you can ask her to put the restrains you bought on you, (Or maybe things that you give her from your bag) for a little immersion?

Thx for all the quick updates. Thou i stumbled about a bug (i guess its a bug). The secound place for "seeking the curse" send me to Haldirs grave. When reaching the questmarker, it points to the trapdoor in the endroom. I checked around, tried opening and jumping through, but didnt found any way to find the restrains or solve the quest(spot).

17 hours ago, genericc said:

Hello Laura, love the mod.

Do you think it would be possible to add different colors for the custom devices? I'm playing a dunmer right now and white looks best on her :)

edit: spelling

edit 2: disregard this, it applies to all armbinders.
However I think I found a bug in the latest version, you can't jump while wearing the custom armbinder.

You mean the ones from the delivery quest? They're red because it fits with the custom steel set. I also don't want to make it complexer than it needs to be.

16 hours ago, piotsze said:

EDIT: Forgot to add that quests work ok after update. ?

That's good to hear. :)

3 hours ago, Thornagar said:

haha alright that makes sence XD hmmm maybe make an animation then where you can ask her to put the restrains you bought on you, (Or maybe things that you give her from your bag) for a little immersion?

I don't know an animation that would work there. And I also don't want to add requirements.

I'd love to add more animations for immersion, but there sadly isn't much to choose from.

1 hour ago, Hanshurtig11 said:

Thx for all the quick updates. Thou i stumbled about a bug (i guess its a bug). The secound place for "seeking the curse" send me to Haldirs grave. When reaching the questmarker, it points to the trapdoor in the endroom. I checked around, tried opening and jumping through, but didnt found any way to find the restrains or solve the quest(spot).

Was the marker unreachable or was there nothing at the marker?

19 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I don't know an animation that would work there. And I also don't want to add requirements.

I'd love to add more animations for immersion, but there sadly isn't much to choose from.

hmmm I dont think any animation would be neccesary, just like when you gather more devices quest have the pc stand on that spot, the owner comes over and then they just appear you on with a little bit of dialog maybe :) idk 

59 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Was the marker unreachable or was there nothing at the marker?

Nothing at the marker, no chest, no urn or any container, was just in the middle of the trapdoor and remained there after i opend the door.

So it looked a bit as the questmarker was pointing at object"trapdoor".

1 hour ago, Hanshurtig11 said:

Nothing at the marker, no chest, no urn or any container, was just in the middle of the trapdoor and remained there after i opend the door.

Is that Halldir's Cairn? Halldir spawns on top of the trap door which is why the quest marker is pointing to it.

When you entered the location did you just use the console to "fly-up" to the quest marker? If so go to the door that leads into the room, it should close shut and Halldir will spawn. Defeat him and get the restraints.

Or if you've already cleared the dungeon then Halldir may not spawn thus stopping you from continuing Seeking the Curse. You'll just need to reload a save before you were given the quest from Laura.

I suppose Halldir's Cairn needs to be exempt to stop STC sending you there and avoid issues like this.

21 minutes ago, UnEvenSteven said:

Is that Halldir's Cairn? Halldir spawns on top of the trap door which is why the quest marker is pointing to it.

When you entered the location did you just use the console to "fly-up" to the quest marker? If so go to the door that leads into the room, it should close shut and Halldir will spawn. Defeat him and get the restraints.

Or if you've already cleared the dungeon then Halldir may not spawn thus stopping you from continuing Seeking the Curse. You'll just need to reload a save before you were given the quest from Laura.

I suppose Halldir's Cairn needs to be exempt to stop STC sending you there and avoid issues like this.

Yes, was in Halldir's Cairn and i allready had solved that quest long time ago, so it was just a standard critter that spawned. I did all they way through the cave by feet, no console use.

Yes, i now used a save just before i picked up the quest, fortunatly i usualy do saves then, i know my Skyrim ;)

2 hours ago, Thornagar said:

hmmm I dont think any animation would be neccesary, just like when you gather more devices quest have the pc stand on that spot, the owner comes over and then they just appear you on with a little bit of dialog maybe :) idk 

That makes sense. I think that could work.

2 hours ago, Hanshurtig11 said:

It's weird that it's in the clearable locations list if it isn't all accessible. I'll see what I can do.

Something I find odd when making a delivery to a NPC is that we get paid for a cursed restraint right then and there. The dialog suggests the NPC would be selling us the restraint since the shop buys them so giving our characters gold and the restraint seems backwards.

Instead of the NPC giving our characters gold, 50 gold is removed from our inventories since we're buying the restraint for the shop. Of course Laura will reimburse for bringing back the cursed restraint and add a small bonus of 25 gold. Sure it's not much but neither is bringing back an extra blindfold or gag after delivery.

Now there could be a way to get the cursed restraint for free and that is to offer sex in exchange, The option is already there after delivery but could be used to pay for the restraint instead of using your own gold. If successful with offering sex then you'll get the restraint and earn 75 gold when returning to the shop instead of just 25 after being reimbursed.

In the case of our characters not having any gold for whatever reason they could still try to offer sex and if not successful the NPC won't hand over the restraint.

Now that I'm thinking about it is it intended for Laura to not remove the cursed restraint when returning to the shop after delivery? I always had to remove the gag or blindfold myself,

31 minutes ago, UnEvenSteven said:

Something I find odd when making a delivery to a NPC is that we get paid for a cursed restraint right then and there. The dialog suggests the NPC would be selling us the restraint since the shop buys them so giving our characters gold and the restraint seems backwards.

Instead of the NPC giving our characters gold, 50 gold is removed from our inventories since we're buying the restraint for the shop. Of course Laura will reimburse for bringing back the cursed restraint and add a small bonus of 25 gold. Sure it's not much but neither is bringing back an extra blindfold or gag after delivery.

Now there could be a way to get the cursed restraint for free and that is to offer sex in exchange, The option is already there after delivery but could be used to pay for the restraint instead of using your own gold. If successful with offering sex then you'll get the restraint and earn 75 gold when returning to the shop instead of just 25 after being reimbursed.

In the case of our characters not having any gold for whatever reason they could still try to offer sex and if not successful the NPC will just not hand over the restraint.

Now that I'm thinking about it is it intended for Laura to not remove the cursed restraint when returning to the shop after delivery? I always had to remove the gag or blindfold myself,

The idea is that they know there's something wrong with the restraint so they are willing to pay you if you take it off their hands. And there's no way Laura can know where you got that restraint because it could be one you found or bought.

Do you think changing some dialogue will help?

30 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Do you think changing some dialogue will help?

I suppose an alternative of the NPC asking if the shop also buys restraints they'll instead state they found this restraint but something doesn't seem right about it and offers to pay you to take it, no mention of the shop.

Could also change the dialogue if they're a female, one would say they don't like the feeling they get when holding the restraint and (somewhat aggressively) offer to pay you to get it away from them. Of course their fear of the restraint is warranted when they see you quickly equip the device as if you had no control.

Anyways thanks for the recent update, the configurable rewards is much appreciated.

Why does Laura locks you in the cell after you completed the "locked away" quest? I'm not sure if I like this side of her. A little more time and she will end like her old Master ^^

At least there is no real punishment for beeing late with a delivery yet. You only loose half your pay.

1 minute ago, xyzxyz said:

The quest marker for a Seeking the curse item shows on the ground of a dungeon. No chest nearby and no item as well.

If you don't mind using console command try using "tcl" to disable colission so you can pass through the floor to see if there was another floor underneath the one you're currrently in. 

22 minutes ago, Raiji56 said:

If you don't mind using console command try using "tcl" to disable colission so you can pass through the floor to see if there was another floor underneath the one you're currrently in. 

I did that. There was nothing. It happend in Geirmunds hall.

2 hours ago, UnEvenSteven said:

I suppose an alternative of the NPC asking if the shop also buys restraints they'll instead state they found this restraint but something doesn't seem right about it and offers to pay you to take it, no mention of the shop.

Could also change the dialogue if they're a female, one would say they don't like the feeling they get when holding the restraint and (somewhat aggressively) offer to pay you to get it away from them. Of course their fear of the restraint is warranted when they see you quickly equip the device as if you had no control.

Anyways thanks for the recent update, the configurable rewards is much appreciated.

I'll probably change the dia a bit.

2 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

Why does Laura locks you in the cell after you completed the "locked away" quest? I'm not sure if I like this side of her. A little more time and she will end like her old Master ^^

At least there is no real punishment for beeing late with a delivery yet. You only loose half your pay.

It's kinda like a roleplaying experiment. She thinks you'd like it since you choose to wear the belt.

But it won't go further than that. This isn't that kind of mod.

35 minutes ago, xyzxyz said:

The quest marker for a Seeking the curse item shows on the ground of a dungeon. No chest nearby and no item as well. Is it supposed to be on the corpse of the dungeon boss? I cleared the dungeon recently but all corpses are gone.

Can you share a screenshot? I can then take a look in the CK to see if there's something there.