Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

Is this mod responsible for a certain dialogue that appears occasionally when talking to an NPC? The dialogue is something like...

Spoiler

NPC: "Hey, can I ask you something...?"

PC: "What?"

NPC: "You're smoking hot, and I have this fantasy about seeing you all tied up."

... at which point the PC can agree to get tied up (with three "options" for the level of bondage used) or they can refuse without penalty.

... I'm trying to track down what's causing this so I can disable it. :x

11 minutes ago, Taki17 said:

If you disable bondage dialogue in its settings, you might not need to get rid of the whole mod altogether.

I'm afraid that's not the right setting. I already have it disabled, along with all the other likely culprits. I've been asking about over in that support thread, too; so far, people have either not seen it themselves or they have no idea how to disable it. :c

There has to be an option for it... but I've been through DCL's settings hundreds of times and just can't find it. :c

4 minutes ago, shar181 said:

I'm afraid that's not the right setting. I already have it disabled, along with all the other likely culprits. I've been asking about over in that support thread, too; so far, people have either not seen it themselves or they have no idea how to disable it. :c

There has to be an option for it... but I've been through DCL's settings hundreds of times and just can't find it. :c

If I remember right, it's tied to the Device Comments setting. I'm not sure though.

12 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

If I remember right, it's tied to the Device Comments setting. I'm not sure though.

It might be, but that would be... counter-intuitive. Device Comments are supposed to occur when you're already in a device, so it wouldn't make much sense if they asked to tie you up while you're already tied up. Besides, I get the request dialogue even when I'm definitely not wearing any devices.

1 hour ago, shar181 said:

It might be, but that would be... counter-intuitive. Device Comments are supposed to occur when you're already in a device, so it wouldn't make much sense if they asked to tie you up while you're already tied up. Besides, I get the request dialogue even when I'm definitely not wearing any devices.

I remembered seeing it mentioned in the changelog a while ago.

I tracked it down in the CK and it really is tied to the Device Comment setting:

DCUR_DeviceCommentThingy.JPG.7f5746f03f8cf35ed9a550dcbbc623de.JPG

This is the "Can I ask you something?" you mentioned. The third condition checks the setting 'dcur_devicecommentallowed'. That global value is changed by the MCM.

24 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I remembered seeing it mentioned in the changelog a while ago.

I tracked it down in the CK and it really is tied to the Device Comment setting:

This is the "Can I ask you something?" you mentioned. The third condition checks the setting 'dcur_devicecommentallowed'. That global value is changed by the MCM.

Oh shit. Well, thanks for tracking that down for me! I guess I'll need to disable it, then... unless... do you think that could be removed via CK? I'm not entirely sure how to do it, but if its possible then... I will learn. It would be a small price to pay to not have to deal with that accursed question every couple hours. x3

Edit: I'll have to learn tomorrow though, because I just realized it's 5 am!

25 minutes ago, shar181 said:

Oh shit. Well, thanks for tracking that down for me! I guess I'll need to disable it, then... unless... do you think that could be removed via CK? I'm not entirely sure how to do it, but if its possible then... I will learn. It would be a small price to pay to not have to deal with that accursed question every couple hours. x3

Edit: I'll have to learn tomorrow though, because I just realized it's 5 am!

It's easy to disable it. How much experience do you have with the CK?

2 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

It's easy to disable it. How much experience do you have with the CK?

Almost none! I made some simple mods back in the days of Oldrim and I use it every so often to prettify NPCs, but I've never worked with the dialogue stuff before.

1 hour ago, shar181 said:

Almost none! I made some simple mods back in the days of Oldrim and I use it every so often to prettify NPCs, but I've never worked with the dialogue stuff before.

This is what you have to do:

Load Cursed Loot in the CK.

In the Object Window, go to Quest.

Open the quest: dcur_curseddialogue.

Go to the tab Player Dialogue.

Click on the branch dcur_NPCBondageDlg_b.

Click on the topic dcur_NPCBondageDlg_bTopic (Custom).

Then double click on the line "Can I ask you something".

You're now at the window I showed earlier.

We're now going to make sure it no longer shows up. There are a bunch of conditions there that check if the game can show that line of dialogue. We're going to change a condition to something ridiculous to make sure it won't get through the check. Double click the third condition. In that window, change the value to 2000 or something. We can be sure that it never goes that far so this should disable it.

Click on OK a bunch of times till all windows you opened are gone and then save it.

WARNING: Remember that you changed this. People reporting problems that they created themselves is one of the most annoying things there are.

If you want to undo this, overwrite the .esp file with the one you downloaded.

An update to the missing chest at Greenspring Hollow I had.  After countless attempts I was unable to get "Seeking the Curse" to send me to Greenspring again so I couldn't test properly. I did, however, force STC to send me there by setting "Laura_STC_CalcBranchGlob to 4". Forcing it this way the chest at Greenspring Hollow appeared and I was able to retrieve the restraints and return to the shop.

When I first reported the chest not appearing it was during the "search three chests" version of STC and as I stated, wasn't able to test properly because I wasn't getting sent back to Greenspring after many tries. Could have very well been an engine hiccup, where an object initially disabled doesn't get enabled. Seen that pop-up over the many years since Morrowind.

Anyways, is there a chance to have MCM options in the future to configure the amount of reward gold we get from deliveries (plus bonus from wearing extra restraints) and STC?

On 4/20/2020 at 10:59 AM, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Thank you. :)

Which devices are you talking about?

These are the ones that have a "first-person" description:

Spoiler

-Strong Leather Hobble Dress

-Strong Leather Armbinder

-Strong Leather Blindfold

-Laura's Teaser

-Laura's Pleasurer

-Strong Ebonite Catsuit Socks (Black)

-Strong Ebonite Hood (Black)

3 hours ago, UnEvenSteven said:

An update to the missing chest at Greenspring Hollow I had.  After countless attempts I was unable to get "Seeking the Curse" to send me to Greenspring again so I couldn't test properly. I did, however, force STC to send me there by setting "Laura_STC_CalcBranchGlob to 4". Forcing it this way the chest at Greenspring Hollow appeared and I was able to retrieve the restraints and return to the shop.

When I first reported the chest not appearing it was during the "search three chests" version of STC and as I stated, wasn't able to test properly because I wasn't getting sent back to Greenspring after many tries. Could have very well been an engine hiccup, where an object initially disabled doesn't get enabled. Seen that pop-up over the many years since Morrowind.

Anyways, is there a chance to have MCM options in the future to configure the amount of reward gold we get from deliveries (plus bonus from wearing extra restraints) and STC?

In the old STC, it used chests that I placed myself. In the new version it'll only fetch existing ones. There's no way it selected the chest I placed in Green Spring Hollow because that's not a real chest. It's just an activator with a chest model.

Are you sure it wasn't a different one?

About the rewards, you do get more for wearing optional restraints in the delivery quest but I don't think that's what you meant.

Do you think the reward should be more, less or do you just want control?

1 hour ago, sextynine said:

These are the ones that have a "first-person" description:

Hide contents

-Strong Leather Hobble Dress

-Strong Leather Armbinder

-Strong Leather Blindfold

-Laura's Teaser

-Laura's Pleasurer

-Strong Ebonite Catsuit Socks (Black)

-Strong Ebonite Hood (Black)

Thanks, I'll fix them.

1 hour ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

In the old STC, it used chests that I placed myself. In the new version it'll only fetch existing ones. There's no way it selected the chest I placed in Green Spring Hollow because that's not a real chest. It's just an activator with a chest model.

Are you sure it wasn't a different one?

About the rewards, you do get more for wearing optional restraints in the delivery quest but I don't think that's what you meant.

Do you think the reward should be more, less or do you just want control?

The chests that you've placed in the game world are the ones I've been getting when using the console and setting Laura_STC_CalcBranchGlob to 4 or 5. As you said these are just activators and not real chests, here's some screenshots:

Spoiler

Just so you know that I am using the latest versions of LBS.

Initialized.png.fb5b2ebdb86bc559051e8b969a9bf652.png

The activator-chest located at Greenspring Hollow.

Greenspring.png.de6aeab66fdf3be59d8168c132670cd3.png

Got the same type of activator-chests at other locations such as Orphan's Tear, Clearpine Pond, Mara's Eye Pond, Traitor's Post and the unmarked bandit hideout just north of Whiterun. Here's Clearpine and Mara's Eye.

Clearpine.png.d4b83d824b59ce0ec345fa255e1fbca9.png

MarasEye.png.88b743065e440db9c774393f179b7ccc.png

And finally this is the barrel that quest marker pointed to during the "search three locations" version of Seeking the Curse. It's a static, non-interactive barrel. This is what I reported on.

TheBarrel.png.af312e1950cac01d8e6e062c5738c7ca.png

I checked with the console and corroborated in the CK, these are chests from LBS and the ones that markers point to when I set Laura_STC_CalcBranchGlob to 4 or 5 after getting the quest from Laura but before talking to Sona, Akali or Garen.

And about the gold reward, personally I would love control over the amount my character earns from deliveries and STC. They're a little high for my tastes. Would also like to configure the gold amount received from a NPC you make a delivery while wearing the gag and armbinder provided to you. But this is just me and my opinion.

I'm not even a novice at Papyrus and can't even begin to write code but I noticed that laura_stc_questscript does seem to enable these chests.

Spoiler

Function SonaBranch()

Int i = Laura_STC_CalcBranchGlob.getvalueint()

If i == 1
		TalkToRita()
	ElseIf i == 2
		TalkToFaleesa()
	ElseIf i == 3
		TalkToMaoron()
	ElseIf i == 4
		ChestGreenspringHollow()
	ElseIf i == 5
		ChestBanditHideout()
	ElseIf i == 6
		ChestBrokenFangCave()
	ElseIf i == 7
		ChestDarkShade()
	ElseIf i >= 8
		ShowObjectives()
	EndIf

EndFunction

Function ChestGreenspringHollow() ;Greenspring Hollow

Self.SetObjectiveCompleted(100)
	Self.SetStage(160)
	Self.SetObjectiveDisplayed(160)
	WRChest3.GetReference().Enable()	

EndFunction

Function ChestBanditHideout() ; Hideout west Whiterun

Self.SetStage(170)
	Self.SetObjectiveDisplayed(170)
	WRChest4.GetReference().Enable()	

EndFunction

Function GarenBranch()

If i == 1
		TalkToEriya()
	ElseIf i == 2
		TalkToRevera()
	ElseIf i == 3
		TalkToVallir()
	ElseIf i == 4
		ChestOrphansTear()
	ElseIf i == 5
		ChestClearpinePond()
	ElseIf i == 6
		ChestChillwindDepths()
	ElseIf i == 7
		ChestBrokenOarGrotto()
	ElseIf i >= 8
		ShowObjectives()
	EndIf

EndFunction

Function ChestOrphansTear()

Self.SetObjectiveCompleted(500)
	Self.SetStage(560)
	Self.SetObjectiveDisplayed(560)
	SOChest3.GetReference().Enable()	

EndFunction

Function ChestClearpinePond()

Self.SetStage(570)
	Self.SetObjectiveDisplayed(570)
	SOChest4.GetReference().Enable()	

EndFunction

Function AkaliBranch()

If i == 1
		TalkToBodnna()
	ElseIf i == 2
		TalkToArgnir()
	ElseIf i == 3
		TalkToDunan()
	ElseIf i == 4
		ChestTraitorsPost()
	ElseIf i == 5
		ChestMarasEyePond()
	ElseIf i == 6
		ChestCragwallowSlope()
	ElseIf i == 7
		ChestUtteringHillsCave()
	ElseIf i >= 8
		ShowObjectives()
	EndIf

EndFunction

Function ChestTraitorsPost()

Self.SetObjectiveCompleted(1000)
	Self.SetStage(1060)
	Self.SetObjectiveDisplayed(1060)
	WHChest3.GetReference().Enable()	

EndFunction

Function ChestMarasEyePond()

Self.SetStage(1070)
	Self.SetObjectiveDisplayed(1070)
	WHChest4.GetReference().Enable()	

EndFunction

1 hour ago, UnEvenSteven said:

The chests that you've placed in the game world are the ones I've been getting when using the console and setting Laura_STC_CalcBranchGlob to 4 or 5. As you said these are just activators and not real chests, here's some screenshots:

Reveal hidden contents

Just so you know that I am using the latest versions of LBS.

Initialized.png.fb5b2ebdb86bc559051e8b969a9bf652.png

The activator-chest located at Greenspring Hollow.

Greenspring.png.de6aeab66fdf3be59d8168c132670cd3.png

Got the same type of activator-chests at other locations such as Orphan's Tear, Clearpine Pond, Mara's Eye Pond, Traitor's Post and the unmarked bandit hideout just north of Whiterun. Here's Clearpine and Mara's Eye.

Clearpine.png.d4b83d824b59ce0ec345fa255e1fbca9.png

MarasEye.png.88b743065e440db9c774393f179b7ccc.png

And finally this is the barrel that quest marker pointed to during the "search three locations" version of Seeking the Curse. It's a static, non-interactive barrel. This is what I reported on.

TheBarrel.png.af312e1950cac01d8e6e062c5738c7ca.png

I checked with the console and corroborated in the CK, these are chests from LBS and the ones that markers point to when I set Laura_STC_CalcBranchGlob to 4 or 5 after getting the quest from Laura but before talking to Sona, Akali or Garen.

I'm not even a novice at Papyrus and can't even begin to write code but I noticed that laura_stc_questscript does seem to enable these chests.

Reveal hidden contents

Function SonaBranch()

If i == 1
		TalkToRita()
	ElseIf i == 2
		TalkToFaleesa()
	ElseIf i == 3
		TalkToMaoron()
	ElseIf i == 4
		ChestGreenspringHollow()
	ElseIf i == 5
		ChestBanditHideout()
	ElseIf i == 6
		ChestBrokenFangCave()
	ElseIf i == 7
		ChestDarkShade()
	ElseIf i >= 8
		ShowObjectives()
	EndIf

EndFunction

Function ChestGreenspringHollow() ;Greenspring Hollow

Self.SetStage(160)
	Self.SetObjectiveDisplayed(160)
	WRChest3.GetReference().Enable()	

EndFunction

Function ChestBanditHideout() ; Hideout west Whiterun

Self.SetStage(170)
	Self.SetObjectiveDisplayed(170)
	WRChest4.GetReference().Enable()	

EndFunction

Function GarenBranch()

If i == 1
		TalkToEriya()
	ElseIf i == 2
		TalkToRevera()
	ElseIf i == 3
		TalkToVallir()
	ElseIf i == 4
		ChestOrphansTear()
	ElseIf i == 5
		ChestClearpinePond()
	ElseIf i == 6
		ChestChillwindDepths()
	ElseIf i == 7
		ChestBrokenOarGrotto()
	ElseIf i >= 8
		ShowObjectives()
	EndIf

EndFunction

Function ChestOrphansTear()

Self.SetStage(560)
	Self.SetObjectiveDisplayed(560)
	SOChest3.GetReference().Enable()	

EndFunction

Function ChestClearpinePond()

Self.SetStage(570)
	Self.SetObjectiveDisplayed(570)
	SOChest4.GetReference().Enable()	

EndFunction

Function AkaliBranch()

If i == 1
		TalkToBodnna()
	ElseIf i == 2
		TalkToArgnir()
	ElseIf i == 3
		TalkToDunan()
	ElseIf i == 4
		ChestTraitorsPost()
	ElseIf i == 5
		ChestMarasEyePond()
	ElseIf i == 6
		ChestCragwallowSlope()
	ElseIf i == 7
		ChestUtteringHillsCave()
	ElseIf i >= 8
		ShowObjectives()
	EndIf

EndFunction

Function ChestTraitorsPost()

Self.SetStage(1060)
	Self.SetObjectiveDisplayed(1060)
	WHChest3.GetReference().Enable()	

EndFunction

Function ChestMarasEyePond()

Self.SetStage(1070)
	Self.SetObjectiveDisplayed(1070)
	WHChest4.GetReference().Enable()	

EndFunction

Setting it to 4 to 7 actually makes it function like the old STC. It's all still there, but it's no longer activated.

The code that determines that global now skips 4 to 7:

Spoiler

If Result == 1 ;Restraints are in a Dungeon [Was 60% chance by default]

If locs == 1
            Laura_STC_CalcBranchGlob.setvalueint(8) ;Dia for 1 location
        ElseIf locs == 2
            Laura_STC_CalcBranchGlob.setvalueint(9) ;Dia for 2 locations
        ElseIf locs == 3
            Laura_STC_CalcBranchGlob.setvalueint(10) ;Dia for 3 locations
        endif

Else ;An NPC has the restraints [Was 40% chance by default]

random = Utility.RandomInt(1, 3)

If random == 1
            Laura_STC_CalcBranchGlob.setvalueint(1) ;NPC 1
        ElseIf random == 2
            Laura_STC_CalcBranchGlob.setvalueint(2) ;NPC 2
        ElseIf random == 3
            Laura_STC_CalcBranchGlob.setvalueint(3) ;NPC 3
        EndIf

EndIf

I still want to implement the old chests one day because it would be waste if I didn't. I can explain some of the code if you want.

I found the barrel you we're talking about. It seems like a regular static barrel. I don't know why the game selected it for you but whatever it was, something went wrong. :P

I think we can chalk this down as Skyrim being Skyrim.

1 hour ago, UnEvenSteven said:

And about the gold reward, personally I would love control over the amount my character earns from deliveries and STC. They're a little high for my tastes. Would also like to configure the gold amount received from a NPC you make a delivery while wearing the gag and armbinder provided to you. But this is just me and my opinion.

I don't know if I'll make it customisable, but I think you're right about it giving too much gold.

59 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Setting it to 4 to 7 actually makes it function like the old STC. It's all still there, but it's no longer activated.

The code that determines that global now skips 4 to 7:

Ah, I did not realize that. When looking through code I only noticed things that stood out to me, if this was MW, OB, F3-NV scripting I'd understand the code far better. Papyrus is alien language to me.

I found the barrel you we're talking about. It seems like a regular static barrel. I don't know why the game selected it for you but whatever it was, something went wrong. :P

I think we can chalk this down as Skyrim being Skyrim.

Only explanation at this point. Still can't test Greenspring Hollow again under normal circumstances, have had no luck getting sent there again.

8 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

WARNING: Remember that you changed this. People reporting problems that they created themselves is one of the most annoying things there are.

If you want to undo this, overwrite the .esp file with the one you downloaded.

Thanks for the detailed walkthrough! Now that I'm rested, I'll do it immediately. :3 Thanks for your help!

(Also, Laura's Bondage Shop is an awesome mod and I love it, so thanks for that too! <3)

9 minutes ago, UnEvenSteven said:

Ah, I did not realize that. When looking through code I only noticed things that stood out to me, if this was MW, OB, F3-NV scripting I'd understand the code far better. Papyrus is alien language to me.

Only explanation at this point. Still can't test Greenspring Hollow again under normal circumstances, have had no luck getting sent there again (unless you're not supposed to anymore with the new STC?).

Green Spring Hollow can also be selected as a locations by the new randomised system, but there are so many possible locations that it's rare to get it again. It's just a coincidence that I also placed one there myself for the older version.

3 minutes ago, shar181 said:

Thanks for the detailed walkthrough! Now that I'm rested, I'll do it immediately. :3 Thanks for your help!

:D

Let me know how it goes.

3 minutes ago, shar181 said:

(Also, Laura's Bondage Shop is an awesome mod and I love it, so thanks for that too! <3)

Thank you so much. :blush:

2 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

:D

Let me know how it goes.

Actually, I'm looking at this right now and had a thought... Do you think it would work if I loaded up DCL, but then saved the change as a brand new .esp file? That way, I wouldn't need to come back and make the change when DCL has an update. ?

10 hours ago, shar181 said:

Actually, I'm looking at this right now and had a thought... Do you think it would work if I loaded up DCL, but then saved the change as a brand new .esp file? That way, I wouldn't need to come back and make the change when DCL has an update. ?

That's actually pretty clever. I'm not 100% sure if it'll keep working after DCUR got an update, but I guess you'll find out. :P

2 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

That's actually pretty clever. I'm not 100% sure if it'll keep working after DCUR got an update, but I guess you'll find out. :P

So far, my little patch seems to be working! ... Either that, or RNG is just lulling me into a false sense of security. :v