Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

One option could be is that the quests where the "Punishment" devices block other quests it to make them quest items so they don't get removed by DDE interactions.  You can have Laura remove them when the punishment is up.  This would be similar to Captured Dreams items removable by Master or DCL Bound Queen quest items which don't get removed until you have the key.  You can also use this for the rest of your quests.  Deviously Pink mod has a good system for timed locks on quest items which don't get removed.  Elvira uses a spell as a trigger.

Using this framework you can introduce a new quest that would be a continuation of the Seeking the Stone quest, where you get to test the items made from the rock.  You can set it in the MCM menu so that the player would be given an amount of time to get out.  If they get out before the time, then they would get double the reward.  If they don't, then they the normal reward.   The player can choose how many items to be locked on.

If you wan't you can make this a repeatable quest. or its own quest.

21 hours ago, Viri1 said:

Ah, glad to see you're back! This mod remains one of my favorites. :)

:blush:

18 hours ago, PegadaSans said:

I'm throwing out an idea.

What if the player gets a discount for every bondage item locked on?

A deal like this should be available once you perform more of her quests.

That could be fun, but I don't thibk I can control their prices. They have a base price set by DD itself and it then gets calculated into the real price using the speech skill and stuff.

18 hours ago, naaitsab said:

If you need some push in the right direction I used these lines to add a NPC to the "no solicitation" list:

FormList dcur_NoSolicitation = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x000CF4E1, "Deviously Cursed Loot.esp") As FormList
    if (dcur_NoSolicitation)
        dcur_NoSolicitation.AddForm(AlinaREF)
    endif

You will need to get the ID of the list you want to add your NPC to. Use Tes5Edit for that. As reference you can use the nosollicitation list to check how the ID part needs to be put in.

Thanks for the tip.

7 hours ago, Xuvish said:

One option could be is that the quests where the "Punishment" devices block other quests it to make them quest items so they don't get removed by DDE interactions.  You can have Laura remove them when the punishment is up.  This would be similar to Captured Dreams items removable by Master or DCL Bound Queen quest items which don't get removed until you have the key.  You can also use this for the rest of your quests.  Deviously Pink mod has a good system for timed locks on quest items which don't get removed.  Elvira uses a spell as a trigger.

Using this framework you can introduce a new quest that would be a continuation of the Seeking the Stone quest, where you get to test the items made from the rock.  You can set it in the MCM menu so that the player would be given an amount of time to get out.  If they get out before the time, then they would get double the reward.  If they don't, then they the normal reward.   The player can choose how many items to be locked on.

If you wan't you can make this a repeatable quest. or its own quest.

I'm not a fan of locking the player in something outside of quests, but the experimental restraints could be really fun.

23 hours ago, PegadaSans said:

I downloaded the latest version yes.

It happend as i was trying to get freed from the bonds at the end of the Seeking the Curse quest.

I tried 3-4 times and there was a soft lock every time, at various stages into the dialogue.

So i disabled the Cow mod and then it worked.

I have a pretty extensive modlist, so it's possible that something else could cause problems here, but it seems clear cut to me.

Then you may want to inform the author of "Being a Cow", mod authors need to stick together to avoid conflicts that make people disable parts or all of their mod to get through others, ruins game play when that happens.

On 8/6/2020 at 6:40 AM, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Adding punishments and failure outcomes was on my list for the delivery update, but I couldn't make it work.

I wanted to make the punishments playful and made the reasoning behind the punishments that you cost them gold and their reputation. But I don't like forcing the player to do something and it's really hard to make something like that interesting. It's just not something I like so I don't think I'll ever add punishments.

But if I find a fun punishment, I'll add it as an optional roleplaying thingy.

So I take it, the package delivery gets stolen/damaged, then the delivery outfit stays on while you find new restraints to replace them (Seeking the Cure style) or if stolen, you have to ask the guards to see if they've seen any bandit activity lately, then it gives possible locations (3) of where to find the restraints lost.

On 8/7/2020 at 1:36 PM, UnEvenSteven said:

As for compatibility with other mods that's probably something you shouldn't worry too much about, That should be up to other mod authors to prevent their quests from starting if the PC is wearing devices they may conflict.

Actually, with mods being disabled to play certain parts of another mod, ruins game play a lot, plus eventually people will remove mods that cause that on a constant basis, so working together to avoid this requirement is better than being ignorant to it.

On 8/8/2020 at 1:11 PM, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Can you give some examples of things you changed? I know it's probably some personal taste things, but I'm still curious.

Oh, no, I didn't change any of your dialogue, whenever I do any dialogue in my mods, I type it all out into Word, then I can grammar and spell check them and then copy/paste them into the CK, plus if I find something I don't like the way it reads, I can re-rewrite it again and again until I do, then copy/paste it back into the CK after grammar and spell checking again.  I know the CK spell checks, but it won't do grammar.

I think Simple Slavery Plus Plus is already capable of preventing DCL rape scenes from happening during certain events, might work for Laura too.

From the SS++ desc:

Added and moved dhlp-suspend commands so that dhlp-aware rape mods should not trigger during the auction.  SL Adventures proximity rape should no longer occur during your stay.  Mods that do not check for dhlp-suspend status are not affected, only the well-behaved ones.

It was suggested to have this mod dhlp-aware, so things like rape can be turned off during scenes and areas that would interfere with that happening, the above quote is the one I was commented towards.

GuruSR.

On 8/11/2020 at 11:11 AM, naaitsab said:

If you need some push in the right direction I used these lines to add a NPC to the "no solicitation" list:

FormList dcur_NoSolicitation = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x000CF4E1, "Deviously Cursed Loot.esp") As FormList
    if (dcur_NoSolicitation)
        dcur_NoSolicitation.AddForm(AlinaREF)
    endif

You will need to get the ID of the list you want to add your NPC to. Use Tes5Edit for that. As reference you can use the nosollicitation list to check how the ID part needs to be put in.

It was said that the list was about rape, that is about solicitation, which isn't automatic.  For it to be easier, the actors could be dragged into a "No Rape" formlist in the mod and then cycle through it adding it to DCL's no rape formlist, rather than making addforms for each individual NPC, a formlist from the CK would be easier, then the code itself would run in the PlayerLoadGame event, to catch anything that may have been missed.

FormList Property NoRapists Auto ; Holds a formlist of your actors you don't want to participate in a rape.

; On a function that is done on game load or at game start init.
Function UpdateDCURNoRape()
  FormList dcur_NoRape = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0009000C,"Deviously Cursed Loot.esp") As FormList
  if (dcur_NoRape)
    Int I = 0
    Int Z = NoRapists.GetSize()
    if Z
      While I < Z
        dcur_NoRape.AddForm(NoRapists.GetAt(I))
        I++
      endWhile
    endif
  endif
endFunction

GuruSR.

Are there any plans to further the Thotium ore plot in the future or was that just a one off to get us started working for Laura and Katarina? It just seems like something that could be fleshed out later such as having to hunt down where it came from or have it randomly imprison poor Katya, requiring you to find a way to free her.

1 hour ago, twsnider1138 said:

Are there any plans to further the Thotium ore plot in the future or was that just a one off to get us started working for Laura and Katarina?.

I would love that :classic_wub:

I even have some ideas for that to contribute :classic_angel:

2 hours ago, worik said:

I would love that :classic_wub:

I second that, it would be lovely.

One small suggestion: During Seeking the Curse I sometimes have the option to ask a blacksmith ro remove the items - unfortunately all other dialogue options aren't available. If I'm not totally stuck and have to delve into another dungeon, but found this weapon in the Boss Chest that I'd like to temper, I cannot get the needed ingot. How difficult would it be, to have the Option to remove the items in the normal dialogue?

Another idea: Shouldn't Swain be happy to help me if I'd offer him sex? "I know you don't want money! You want my pussy and it's dripping wet!" ?

On 8/11/2020 at 10:28 AM, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I'm not a fan of whipping and plugging, but your'e idea has potential. :)

Don't worry, the story has priority. :)

I'm still not sure about the punishment idea so I wanted to know what others think.

Of course, but you just see a lot of mods go unfinished because the story becomes unfocused and it suffers from feature bloat. I think it'd be easier to finish the story, then go back and add various side missions. Possibly makes it easier to hook into later parts of the story too. I'm just thinking of Captured Dreams, where it felt like I played through it years ago, then I played through it again years later and all that had happened was the development had gone sideways, adding tons of new features like mansions and all these side missions, rather than finishing the core first. It just led it becoming a buggy mess, which unfortunately meant the author withdraw it. But I'm not a mod developer, I just dislike seeing mods half way done and taken down by bloat, the best mods I've seen have finished the core story and then added tons of stuff either post-game or gone back and added stuff. Beyond Reach did this and Vigilant too, I really enjoyed the missions presented so far in this mod.

I'm not sure what's causing it but I also encountered the issue a guy several pages back mentioned. The secure belt quest wasn't updating the time needed while time was passing, leaving it impossible to remove the belt. I ran sqv Laura_SecureBeltQuest and the quest parameters were something like
Min: 7
Max: 14
Current day: ~20.6
Days needed: 15
Day started: ~11.0
Days passed: ~8.6
After waiting for 24 hours and perfoming the same command, none of these values changed.
When asking for the belt to be removed, and then running the command again, i think the Days needed increased to 18 (like it should right?).
In the end i used DDEquip to remove the belt and console to advance/end the quest, so far no problems. Are there plans to add a debug helper to remove devices/reset quests or is that liable to break stuff?

My body is blue after i pick up the thotium rock.

Something is applied through slavetats that isn't working properly.

Is there something i'm doing wrong?

I'm playing an elf character if that means anything.

I don't recall getting a blue body when i played with my nord character.

It's not necessarily exclusive to this mod as it happens in devious cidhna too.

1 hour ago, PegadaSans said:

My body is blue after i pick up the thotium rock.

Something is applied through slavetats that isn't working properly.

Is there something i'm doing wrong?

I'm playing an elf character if that means anything.

I don't recall getting a blue body when i played with my nord character.

It's not necessarily exclusive to this mod as it happens in devious cidhna too.

have you built devious devices in bodyslide? 

31 minutes ago, PegadaSans said:

Yeah, but wouldn't this be more of a problem with slavetats though?

I'm wondering if it has to do with CBBE/3BBB support.
I'm using 3BBB for the record.

When the top slot in body in slavetats gets occupied my body turns blue.

hmm...this mod does not use slave tats. if I remember properly Cidna also doesn't use slave tats.  I used slave tats for a brief period of time...I had no issue..but I was using CBBE though.

17 minutes ago, PegadaSans said:

I ran this quest earlier on another character when i was testing out the mods and i didn't have a problem then.

At the time i was using CBBE.

So maybe there's something to that.

I'm not sure why slavetats load in the first slot though, it's super wierd.

maybe you can check out the Slave tats thread (if you haven't already). cause correct me if I am wrong 3bbb is a new body type..there maybe something there which could help you. 

I tried using the search function here and from google, but it didn't yield much results.

I'm assuming it's a common problem though so i don't know.

It's too late for me to reload my save back to CBBE now though.

I'm gonna try and block out the slot in slavetats and see if that works like a bandaid solution.

1 minute ago, PegadaSans said:

I tried using the search function here and from google, but it didn't yield much results.

I'm assuming it's a common problem though so i don't know.

It's too late for me to reload my save back to CBBE now though.

I'm gonna try and block out the slot in slavetats and see if that works like a bandaid solution.

ya could be the better solution....at least till you find a more permanent solution. but question...do you use Racemenu or ECE?

Not really related to Laura's Shop, but very convenient: I just stumbled upon this Tiny Shack (Lillehus) by Elianora which is purrfect for me. It's just across the road from the shop, has a bed with rested bonus, all the workstations you need, and coffee ☕

With the vanilla houses I found it annoying having to do some silly quests just to have a place where I can sleep for a night and store my stuff. Would be even nicer if that'd be possible in the shop (as they do have a spare bed) but if that's not wanted (after all it's a shop, not an inn) it's okay for me.

Edit: be sure to have Laura's Shop in Load Order after the Tiny Shack, otherwise the steps will be under a pile of dirt.

One tiny things that bugs me in the Shop-Quests: It seems that the relationship rank isn't updated. Even after doing some quests and they're calling me friend, taking that dagger from the counter or something from the barrels, still counts as theft.

ScreenShot15910.jpg

On 8/18/2020 at 1:08 PM, CaptainJ03 said:

Not really related to Laura's Shop, but very convenient: I just stumbled upon this Tiny Shack (Lillehus) by Elianora which is purrfect for me. It's just across the road from the shop, has a bed with rested bonus, all the workstations you need, and coffee ☕

With the vanilla houses I found it annoying having to do some silly quests just to have a place where I can sleep for a night and store my stuff. Would be even nicer if that'd be possible in the shop (as they do have a spare bed) but if that's not wanted (after all it's a shop, not an inn) it's okay for me.

Edit: be sure to have Laura's Shop in Load Order after the Tiny Shack, otherwise the steps will be under a pile of dirt.

One tiny things that bugs me in the Shop-Quests: It seems that the relationship rank isn't updated. Even after doing some quests and they're calling me friend, taking that dagger from the counter or something from the barrels, still counts as theft.

ScreenShot15910.jpg

ugh, nice, what armor is that?