Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

15 hours ago, LadyMikoto said:

Devious minds think alike then, and now you made me even more curious for the upcoming updates! :) Another fun thing, I tried another alt start mod ("Wartimes, a daughter's tale") and the house the player starts at is just in front of Laura's shop. ??

I don't know when I'll add the basement though. There are a bunch of other things I want to do first.

7 hours ago, Burner003 said:

love this mod. probably one of my favorites on the site

Thank you so much. :blush:

25 minutes ago, shiagwen said:

i am surely not the only one who would wish the shop would be inside whiterun city ( or in any other town).

This place has quite an obsolete mod past. (Animal Mansion, Maria Eden, some player homes , etc.)

It's almost impossible to get a location that is A easily accessible and B not used by another mod (because of A).

If you place it inside Whiterun you get massive issues with the numerous city overhauls etc. 

Best way to remedy this is for the user to create their own compatibility patch. Eg move the shop/another mods building in the CK.

For my 'bondage shop' (also listed on LL) I picked a place at the rear of Whiterun. That is out of the way but it does not interfere with any mod that I know of.

35 minutes ago, shiagwen said:

i am surely not the only one who would wish the shop would be inside whiterun city ( or in any other town).

This place has quite an obsolete mod past. (Animal Mansion, Maria Eden, some player homes , etc.)

Like naaitsab said, that can cause even more issues. I'd have to alter the inside of Whiterun which will make it incompatible with most mods that change Whiterun. I'll also have to change things that can even mess with vanilla Whiterun.

It would be nicer to place it inside, but it's sadly not a good idea.

On 2/26/2020 at 1:28 PM, LadyMikoto said:

Devious minds think alike then, and now you made me even more curious for the upcoming updates! :) Another fun thing, I tried another alt start mod ("Wartimes, a daughter's tale") and the house the player starts at is just in front of Laura's shop. ??

after reading this post, I looked up Wartimes and it looked really interesting. Sadly, I couldn't get it to work right. I'm not sure if I was missing something, if the load order was wrong, or if something was conflicting with it. At some point I just couldn't talk to any npc's and the father character just didn't do anything. But, it did look interesting.

17 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Like naaitsab said, that can cause even more issues. I'd have to alter the inside of Whiterun which will make it incompatible with most mods that change Whiterun. I'll also have to change things that can even mess with vanilla Whiterun.

It would be nicer to place it inside, but it's sadly not a good idea.

na, no problem there. you can place Laura and her friend into Belethors for example,  maybe as an option

1 hour ago, shiagwen said:

na, no problem there. you can place Laura and her friend into Belethors for example,  maybe as an option

Doesn't work like that. There are scenes in Laura's shop. She would have to change those and test everything again.

Please, no.

22 hours ago, shiagwen said:

That will also give problems like LHM said. I'd have to place markers and change AI packages. I'll also have to try to explain why they're in someone else's shop.

Putting them inside the city would be nice, but putting them in their own shop outside is the best option.

2 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

That will also give problems like LHM said. I'd have to place markers and change AI packages. I'll also have to try to explain why they're in someone else's shop.

Putting them inside the city would be nice, but putting them in their own shop outside is the best option.

Ok, thanks for the answers, so at least i undserstood why it is as it is.

20 hours ago, Burner003 said:

Just thought of a minor suggestion: seperating the chastity belt quest dialogue from the general quest dialogue. Currently, you can't asked to be belted if you're already on a quest.

That's a good one. I don't know how I'll do it yet because there are quests with scenarios where it would be weird. But I'll put it in my notes. :)

17 hours ago, Garfieldcat said:

Seeing both Laura and naaitsab in one topic just made me realise, that I would really like to see both Laura and Elvira organisnig a BondageExpo in which player partakes (willingly or maybe not so much) :D 

Cross-over stuff could be fun.

I don't know if a BondageExpo would work though. There isn't much more than modelling and buying stuff. What did you have in mind for it?

42 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Cross-over stuff could be fun.

I don't know if a BondageExpo would work though. There isn't much more than modelling and buying stuff. What did you have in mind for it?

Well, do you know of the BoundCon? This really IS only modelling and buying stuff but it's fun anyways, as the modelling can happen as a stage act and you may try stuff before buying it :D 

Maybe a stage where some scripted acts can happen. IIRC there also is a rope harness available in DD now, so a bondage act could be scripted. Or some mage presents an SM show with shock spells, nasty plugs and stuff.

The shopkeepers could offer Dovakhiin to try out some of the Bondage devices, of course without promising the release before ;) 

If you end up bound, someone could see that as an offer to use you, this also can happen in real (even though then it's normally in a hidden corner like dressing rooms ...)

You could make use of the new DD furnitures and place them around the area for you and NPCs to use them. This again offers the opportunity for some spanking on the stage, or a shopkeeper binds you in that if you agree to try out some spanking/whipping stuff for the NPCs to try them on you.

16 minutes ago, Mister X said:

Well, do you know of the BoundCon? This really IS only modelling and buying stuff but it's fun anyways, as the modelling can happen as a stage act and you may try stuff before buying it :D 

Maybe a stage where some scripted acts can happen. IIRC there also is a rope harness available in DD now, so a bondage act could be scripted. Or some mage presents an SM show with shock spells, nasty plugs and stuff.

The shopkeepers could offer Dovakhiin to try out some of the Bondage devices, of course without promising the release before ;) 

If you end up bound, someone could see that as an offer to use you, this also can happen in real (even though then it's normally in a hidden corner like dressing rooms ...)

You could make use of the new DD furnitures and place them around the area for you and NPCs to use them. This again offers the opportunity for some spanking on the stage, or a shopkeeper binds you in that if you agree to try out some spanking/whipping stuff for the NPCs to try them on you.

I have something like that in my notes. A bondage party in a rich persons' home with demonstrations and stuff. It doesn't have a place in the story yet so this could be fun to make it a collab quest.

Maybe both shopkeepers are invited and you get to go with them.

1 minute ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I have something like that in my notes. A bondage party in a rich persons' home with demonstrations and stuff. It doesn't have a place in the story yet so this could be fun to make it a collab quest.

Maybe both shopkeepers are invited and you get to go with them.

How about using some more? Maybe even some vanilla ones? Eg Belethor would sell his sister in a second if he had one, who says he doesn't sell other stuff and nobody has known yet? Camilla could try to use her beauty to show off her goods ... so her BDSM stuff of course :D 

Maybe the master of Captured Dreams could come back for this or the Rubber stuff merchant of DCUR (what was her name again? ?) There also is a high elf merchant in Devious Lore who could join.

If you want to give it a story frame, maybe something could work either with the high elf embassy or the East Empire Trading Company? 

5 hours ago, Mister X said:

How about using some more? Maybe even some vanilla ones? Eg Belethor would sell his sister in a second if he had one, who says he doesn't sell other stuff and nobody has known yet? Camilla could try to use her beauty to show off her goods ... so her BDSM stuff of course :D 

Maybe the master of Captured Dreams could come back for this or the Rubber stuff merchant of DCUR (what was her name again? ?) There also is a high elf merchant in Devious Lore who could join.

If you want to give it a story frame, maybe something could work either with the high elf embassy or the East Empire Trading Company? 

The issue of creating a gathering of 3 to even 4 mods is that it would be a nightmare to keep them separate from each other. As nobody wants to make non-framework mods required. 

You can load in items from other mods but I'm not familiar with reliably spawning/cloning NPC's from other mods via GetFormFromFile. 

I think the only way to do this without scripting everything manually would be to create a optional "merge" esp that combined the mods together and shares the assets. That would save a lot of headache and keep all mods separate. It does add another esp to maintain.

I can only speak for myself but I do like the idea. It just has to be A maintainable and B feasible without going mad.

22 hours ago, Mister X said:

More than 1 other mod will be a nightmare and I don't even know how to do it with 1 other mod yet. The problem is that it takes a lot of effort for something not everyone is going to play. It could be really cool though.

By the way, the coming update for LBS is kinda like a collab because he's now in the testing group. :P

16 hours ago, naaitsab said:

I can only speak for myself but I do like the idea. It just has to be A maintainable and B feasible without going mad.

I like it too. I'm not sure how to do it yet, but I think it's possible without torturing ourselves. :P

Hi there,

i don't want to sound rude or pressure anyone here, but is there an approx. date, when we will be blessed with an Update?
TBH, i did a stupid mistake of making a bet with a girlfriend of mine (i bet with her, that i can stay in Chastity until my favorite Modder for my most beloved Game will publish the new Update... i know i am Stupid, don't judge me >.<) so i just wanted to know, if we can see the end of the tunnel in near Future or not.

PS: This Post should not make you unconfortable or anything to that regard. If it takes time, then take the time, as i prefer Quality over Quantity anytime.

PS2: If i remember correctly, you do have contact with Kim, right? (The Almighty Creator of the Devious Cursed Loot). Is it possible, that we can tell you any suggestions, that you or Kim would integrade in one of your blessed Mods? If not, it's fine (i mean you guys made me reach a game time of over 4k hours now, i think that makes it clear, that i am addicted to your and your wonderfull fellow comrades, who bless our days in the Dark Fates within Skyrim xD)

A quite simple solution could be to just ask, if you may use the assets for the look of the characters and then clone them while providing the needed assets yourself.

Eg you copy the headpart, meshes and body of the Captured Dreams master (if allowed) and then put a clone of her as merchant/shopkeeper into the Con/party 

2 minutes ago, xJBx2004 said:

Hi there,

i don't want to sound rude or pressure anyone here, but is there an approx. date, when we will be blessed with an Update?
TBH, i did a stupid mistake of making a bet with a girlfriend of mine (i bet with her, that i can stay in Chastity until my favorite Modder for my most beloved Game will publish the new Update... i know i am Stupid, don't judge me >.<) so i just wanted to know, if we can see the end of the tunnel in near Future or not.

PS: This Post should not make you unconfortable or anything to that regard. If it takes time, then take the time, as i prefer Quality over Quantity anytime.

I can't give you a release date because it's hard to predict. But beta testing will start tomorrow so it's not too far away. Maybe in 1 or 2 months, but it can vary wildy based on how the testing goes. In other words, I don't know. :P

You know how long I spend on updates. You knew what was going to happen when you put yourself in chastity. :P

2 minutes ago, xJBx2004 said:

PS2: If i remember correctly, you do have contact with Kim, right? (The Almighty Creator of the Devious Cursed Loot). Is it possible, that we can tell you any suggestions, that you or Kim would integrade in one of your blessed Mods? If not, it's fine (i mean you guys made me reach a game time of over 4k hours now, i think that makes it clear, that i am addicted to your and your wonderfull fellow comrades, who bless our days in the Dark Fates within Skyrim xD)

If you have suggestions for Kimy it's best to let her know yourself.

You don't have to ask for permission to post a suggestion by the way. What kind of stuff did you have in mind?

1 minute ago, Mister X said:

A quite simple solution could be to just ask, if you may use the assets for the look of the characters and then clone them while providing the needed assets yourself.

Eg you copy the headpart, meshes and body of the Captured Dreams master (if allowed) and then put a clone of her as merchant/shopkeeper into the Con/party 

Vel and I did talk about a collab a while ago, but I don't know when or if it'll happen.

20 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I can't give you a release date because it's hard to predict. But beta testing will start tomorrow so it's not too far away. Maybe in 1 or 2 months, but it can vary wildy based on how the testing goes. In other words, I don't know. :P

Oh boy, i guess need the "Special Toy from Laura" if i need some Release until then ?

20 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

If you have suggestions for Kimy it's best to let her know yourself.

You don't have to ask for permission to post a suggestion by the way. What kind of stuff did you have in mind?

Well, i just had the idea of two new Latex Masks, that i desperatly searched for. I know whe have nearly all variants (completely sealed, eyes open - mouth shut, eyes and mouth open) but i really need the "eyes sealed - mouth open" mask. and a Latex Mask with a build-in Plug gag (see attached picture for that). Other than that, i am more than happy! ❤️

latex hood with gag.png

1 hour ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

More than 1 other mod will be a nightmare and I don't even know how to do it with 1 other mod yet. The problem is that it takes a lot of effort for something not everyone is going to play. It could be really cool though.

Don't go out of your way to include crossovers with other mods, unless it is easy/very beneficial. As a suggestion, if you are going to do it, try to make it so that it'll work even without the mod in question (have characters do a "cameo" of sorts, but keep all dependencies in your mod, or otherwise ensure that it works without the other mod.)

1 hour ago, Mister X said:

Essentially this ^^^^

1 hour ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I like it too. I'm not sure how to do it yet, but I think it's possible without torturing ourselves. :P

NO TORTURE! except the consensual and kinky kind ?

Seriously though, I definitely like this "BDSM convention" thing, looking forward to see it implemented into the mod someday!

20 minutes ago, xJBx2004 said:

Well, i just had the idea of two new Latex Masks, that i desperatly searched for. I know whe have nearly all variants (completely sealed, eyes open - mouth shut, eyes and mouth open) but i really need the "eyes sealed - mouth open" mask. and a Latex Mask with a build-in Plug gag (see attached picture for that). Other than that, i am more than happy! ❤️

Speaking as someone who consistently plays as an Argonian (scalies FTW), these kinds of hoods are typically not made to make sense on non-humanoid faces (don't know if it's particularily difficult to model or something like that). That is definitely a possible problem. That being said, I'd definitely go for something like that.

1 hour ago, xJBx2004 said:

Oh boy, i guess need the "Special Toy from Laura" if i need some Release until then ?

:P

latex hood with gag.png

You can post it in the DDi thread. Maybe she'll add it one day.

2 hours ago, Mister X said:

&

45 minutes ago, LAXL02 said:

Don't go out of your way to include crossovers with other mods, unless it is easy/very beneficial. As a suggestion, if you are going to do it, try to make it so that it'll work even without the mod in question (have characters do a "cameo" of sorts, but keep all dependencies in your mod, or otherwise ensure that it works without the other mod.)

That's probably the best solution. That way I can use multiple characters from multiple mods without the hassle. We can brainstorm the quest and they can then write their characters dia.