Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

12 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

You're right, I should put that info in the requirements. I totally forgot to do that.

It uses the newest full release versions of the DD mods.

Unfortunatly I am stuck on the older DD for a bit longer.  Will try out your shop when I get to a new playthrough though!  Always good to see new content.

Shopping and new location were fine for me. All functions seemed to be working as intended and love the high pricing limit in MCM for the keys..  How much is your freedom worth haha..

Great work so far and very popular by the speed this thread is growing. It would seem people have a million ideas of where you could take this mod as it grows..  Enjoy your modding and learning all the twists and turns needed to get the mod doing all you want..  Bravo! for a great first mod.

Thanks for the great mod. Nice work!

Quest Ideas: Laura needs to test the durability of her products, so there's a small variety of quests for this purpose. At the end, you're given a random Devious Device or a key set or something similar. All of these would be repeatable, and, maybe as an extension, have a favor system for repeated events.

1) Agree to be her servant for a while. For an 8-hour period, you're given tasks every few hours to clean the shop, serve food, *serve* in other ways, are put into various positions/devices, etc. Not unlike jailing when combined with Captured Dreams' house slave. Could be a full 24 with a slave cage for the player. Could even be extended to be loaned to an NPC, perhaps a barkeep or a Jarl.

2) Sent to a very similar event akin to Captured Dreams' Thalmor party event. Part of the event is showing off the devices to multiple people, letting them play perhaps, then a more intense sequence like with the guards. Or maybe just more showing off, or being asked to a side room (like Captured Dreams' Customer Event 02) for a couple hours.

3) I really like the idea of a bondage puzzle game/escape room as mentioned earlier. Stuck in a dungeon and have to find your way out with a variety of keys and restraints. Perhaps you need to be wearing 6 or more DD items before you'll be allowed to leave?

4) Wear a full set for x amount of time (minimum 8 hours to perhaps 24), no resting allowed.

Another fun option would be a have a "collection", where she gives you a list of 10 (randomized?) devices, and you must try them all on at some point. Return to her and share your experiences, and she'll give a reward, and maybe another list to try ;).

Not sure how hard the quest side is to build, but one that could be cool and slightly frustrating to add to the idea of bondage, a dungeon in the basement that revolves around your character being locked in full bondage and placed in there for "customers" who may remove an item each visit. This could include some furniture to randomly be locked into, which there is a furniture mod that has tons of options that no one seems to use. You may have random visits where the visitor locks something new on you instead of freeing you, thus a frustration level to some, but isn't that supposed to be the point?

4 hours ago, SiegfreidZ said:

Quest Ideas: Laura needs to test the durability of her products, so there's a small variety of quests for this purpose. At the end, you're given a random Devious Device or a key set or something similar. All of these would be repeatable, and, maybe as an extension, have a favor system for repeated events.

1) Agree to be her servant for a while. For an 8-hour period, you're given tasks every few hours to clean the shop, serve food, *serve* in other ways, are put into various positions/devices, etc. Not unlike jailing when combined with Captured Dreams' house slave. Could be a full 24 with a slave cage for the player. Could even be extended to be loaned to an NPC, perhaps a barkeep or a Jarl.

2) Sent to a very similar event akin to Captured Dreams' Thalmor party event. Part of the event is showing off the devices to multiple people, letting them play perhaps, then a more intense sequence like with the guards. Or maybe just more showing off, or being asked to a side room (like Captured Dreams' Customer Event 02) for a couple hours.

3) I really like the idea of a bondage puzzle game/escape room as mentioned earlier. Stuck in a dungeon and have to find your way out with a variety of keys and restraints. Perhaps you need to be wearing 6 or more DD items before you'll be allowed to leave?

4) Wear a full set for x amount of time (minimum 8 hours to perhaps 24), no resting allowed.

Another fun option would be a have a "collection", where she gives you a list of 10 (randomized?) devices, and you must try them all on at some point. Return to her and share your experiences, and she'll give a reward, and maybe another list to try ;).

The CDx story is good, but the implementation is really bad ... you can not do anything except click through endless dialogues ... 
the rest is just watching

7 hours ago, steelmagpie said:

Shopping and new location were fine for me. All functions seemed to be working as intended and love the high pricing limit in MCM for the keys..  How much is your freedom worth haha..

Great work so far and very popular by the speed this thread is growing. It would seem people have a million ideas of where you could take this mod as it grows..  Enjoy your modding and learning all the twists and turns needed to get the mod doing all you want..  Bravo! for a great first mod.

Thanks ?

5 hours ago, SiegfreidZ said:

Thanks for the suggestions.

1) I don't think that kind of thing fits this mod. It fits perfectly for CDS, but not a small 2 person shop. I also don't know how to do that yet.

2) That's also something much more fitting for CDS. Laura's Bondage Shop is just a small shop near whiterun now. Not a slave handling empire. (yet)

3) That's something many people have suggested. Something like the end of the Cursed Collar from DCL. I really liked that and I'll probably add something like this at some point.

4) I'm planning to add timed restraints you can wear for a reward, but removing the ability to rest isn't what I'm going for. I'm not a fan of removing core Skyrim features.

The sharing your experience after wearing a restraints sounds cool. I'll probably use that for a quest I'm planning.

2 hours ago, kdoggg1971 said:

Not sure how hard the quest side is to build, but one that could be cool and slightly frustrating to add to the idea of bondage, a dungeon in the basement that revolves around your character being locked in full bondage and placed in there for "customers" who may remove an item each visit. This could include some furniture to randomly be locked into, which there is a furniture mod that has tons of options that no one seems to use. You may have random visits where the visitor locks something new on you instead of freeing you, thus a frustration level to some, but isn't that supposed to be the point?

Thanks for the suggestion.

I don't touch furniture right now. DD is going to include ZAP and having ZAP as a requirement isn't a good idea right now. So we'll have to wait for DDf.

I like the idea, but I don't know if it fits this shop and I also don't know how to do it yet.

But the suggestion is noted.

Love this mod.  It's simple, straight forward, and fills a need.  Because frankly, I collect a LOT of DD items on my early questing levels.  Until I level up my speech tree, I've got no place to sell them other than CDS and the Dollmaker...and who really has the time for that?  Now I've got a perfectly good shop right down the road.  So thank you for that.

As for content ideas...  My thoughts would be a treasure hunt.  A mystical set of restraints that are set in dungeons and your character is asked to seek out.  Something like the Bound Queen questline, but more directed. 

Perhaps some questline that could help the player character become a part owner of the shop?

Just spitballing ideas here.  I honestly think that more content from this mod is icing on the cake.  Just having another merchant with deep pockets in Whiterun is enough to put this mod in my MUST INSTALL folder. 

6 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

4) I'm planning to add timed restraints you can wear for a reward, but removing the ability to rest isn't what I'm going for. I'm not a fan of removing core Skyrim features.

Timed restraints could be something Laura is experimenting with. Laura could mention her experiments with timed locks and asks the player to help test them. Of course Laura hasn't quite perfected timed locks so when the player tests a device it could be locked on them for a couple days to a couple of weeks (or with a "hardcore" setting, even longer!).

The reward for testing timed restraints could vary based on length of time the device is locked on and how many restraints the player decides to try at one time. If you choose to wear a belt only the reward won't be very much initially. However if you're lucky enough for the belt to stay locked for two weeks the gold amount will increase. Choosing to wear all metal restraints at once would offer larger gold reward initially but each device would have separate timers so the final gold amount could vary wildly.

Naturally there could be more options as well, you'd have a choice to wear nothing but leather items or go all out and wear all metal restraints with restrictive gear and a catsuit. The latter option offering the largest reward, of course. Testing timed restraints would be repeatable but remember you wouldn't be rewarded until the test is over which could be days or even a couple of weeks. Testing timed devices wouldn't really be a gold-farming option (muh balance) ?

Additionally if choosing to test a timed belt or harness Laura will ask if you want to be plugged (vaginal only). If the player accepts they could have a choice of several different plugs, standard (iron), inflatable, edge-only, allow orgasm, edge-only plus shock or unpredictable.

Just an idea for the inclusion of timed restraints.

3 hours ago, nameless701 said:

Do you want a new Cell for your mod?

BondageShop-Test.jpg.e7e8cf5c4177d9c34b44def7f21dd19a.jpg

ingame

ScreenShot3.bmp

ScreenShot4.bmp

ScreenShot5.bmp

(no lights or other things...X-Crosses are for Display-models)

build in 5 minutes

That looks nice. I'm planning to make something like that down the road. But I'm going to start small.

1 hour ago, nigwriter said:

Love this mod.  It's simple, straight forward, and fills a need.  Because frankly, I collect a LOT of DD items on my early questing levels.  Until I level up my speech tree, I've got no place to sell them other than CDS and the Dollmaker...and who really has the time for that?  Now I've got a perfectly good shop right down the road.  So thank you for that.

As for content ideas...  My thoughts would be a treasure hunt.  A mystical set of restraints that are set in dungeons and your character is asked to seek out.  Something like the Bound Queen questline, but more directed. 

Perhaps some questline that could help the player character become a part owner of the shop?

Just spitballing ideas here.  I honestly think that more content from this mod is icing on the cake.  Just having another merchant with deep pockets in Whiterun is enough to put this mod in my MUST INSTALL folder. 

Thanks. ?

Others have also suggested something like that. A quest where you have to search for a special set of restraints. I really like that idea too and I hve already put that on my list.

Becoming Laura's partner is also something I had already planned to do.

V1 is definitely not the final version. I have lots of ideas for it and there are plenty of great suggestions. But please keep in mind that this is my first mod. I have to start with the small things.

And I also want a strong foundation before I start adding things.

That means that I first want to make sure that the things already in the mod function correctly.

6 minutes ago, UnEvenSteven said:

Timed restraints could be something Laura is experimenting with. Laura could mention her experiments with timed locks and asks the player to help test them. Of course Laura hasn't quite perfected timed locks so when the player tests a device it could be locked on them for a couple days to a couple of weeks (or with a "hardcore" setting, even longer!).

The reward for testing timed restraints could vary based on length of time the device is locked on and how many restraints the player decides to try at one time. If you choose to wear a belt only the reward won't be very much initially. However if you're lucky enough for the belt to stay locked for two weeks the gold amount will increase. Choosing to wear all metal restraints at once would offer larger gold reward initially but each device would have separate timers so the final gold amount could vary wildly.

Naturally there could be more options as well, you'd have a choice to wear nothing but leather items or go all out and wear all metal restraints with restrictive gear and a catsuit. The latter option offering the largest reward, of course. Testing timed restraints would be repeatable but remember you wouldn't be rewarded until the test is over which could be days or even a couple of weeks. Testing timed devices wouldn't really be a gold-farming option (muh balance) ?

Additionally if choosing to test a timed belt or harness Laura will ask if you want to be plugged (vaginal only). If the player accepts they could have a choice of several different plugs, standard (iron), inflatable, edge-only, allow orgasm, edge-only plus shock or unpredictable.

Just an idea for the inclusion of timed restraints.

That's a good one. I like the idea of having timed restraints you can wear for a reward. I added it to the list of suggestions, which is getting pretty large.

7 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Oh shit. I think I know how to fix that. Thanks for letting me know.

I suppose that (and a bit more) are the edited Huntsman records in your esp. ? If you don't need them for your mod you might better get rid of them.

3 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

That's a good one. I like the idea of having timed restraints you can wear for a reward. I added it to the list of suggestions, which is getting pretty large.

To further the idea of timed restraints being Laura's experiments there could be a chance of the timed lock lasting longer than intended. If timed locks, by default, can last anywhere from a couple of days to two weeks a malfunction/mistake/oversight could make the timer last longer. Either by a few days or double the maximum time for a total of four weeks.

This could be a toggle simply named, "Critical Failure". Basically Laura rolled a one and screwed up the timed lock badly when she was making it but also without her knowledge. Given the maximum time a device could stay locked is two weeks (Laura could make a mention of this) your character will know something is wrong if the test happens to go over that time. Upon returning to Laura and asking what happened she'll admit to the mistake but assures you that the device(s) will eventually unlock, in a few days or a couple more weeks of course. Naturally she'll reward you with a bit more gold than usual when the device(s) finally unlock. She may also include some free devices or even a key or two for your troubles if you don't badmouth her and admit you actually enjoyed the uncertainty of when the device will unlock.

If the coming timed lock feature in the Framework will optionally allow for keys to be required as a final step to remove the device then all your timed restraints should require a unique key. You are, after all, wearing devices Laura created for testing. She wouldn't want you or anyone running off and selling or tossing away these devices, you'd have to return to Laura to have the restraints removed after the test is over.

While DCL has some timed restraints if you make them one of the main features/job/quests in your mod with some deep mechanics then it'd be something that would truly set Laura's Bondage Shop apart from Captured Dreams and the Dollmaker's shop. Overlap and similarity is inevitable, unique features are where the good stuff is ?

4 hours ago, worik said:

I suppose that (and a bit more) are the edited Huntsman records in your esp. ? If you don't need them for your mod you might better get rid of them.

I already removed the edits in my version. It should be fixed in the next update.

2 hours ago, UnEvenSteven said:

To further the idea of timed restraints being Laura's experiments there could be a chance of the timed lock lasting longer than intended. If timed locks, by default, can last anywhere from a couple of days to two weeks a malfunction/mistake/oversight could make the timer last longer. Either by a few days or double the maximum time for a total of four weeks.

This could be a toggle simply named, "Critical Failure". Basically Laura rolled a one and screwed up the timed lock badly when she was making it but also without her knowledge. Given the maximum time a device could stay locked is two weeks (Laura could make a mention of this) your character will know something is wrong if the test happens to go over that time. Upon returning to Laura and asking what happened she'll admit to the mistake but assures you that the device(s) will eventually unlock, in a few days or a couple more weeks of course. Naturally she'll reward you with a bit more gold than usual when the device(s) finally unlock. She may also include some free devices or even a key or two for your troubles if you don't badmouth her and admit you actually enjoyed the uncertainty of when the device will unlock.

If the coming timed lock feature in the Framework will optionally allow for keys to be required as a final step to remove the device then all your timed restraints should require a unique key. You are, after all, wearing devices Laura created for testing. She wouldn't want you or anyone running off and selling or tossing away these devices, you'd have to return to Laura to have the restraints removed after the test is over.

While DCL has some timed restraints if you make them one of the main features/job/quests in your mod with some deep mechanics then it'd be something that would truly set Laura's Bondage Shop apart from Captured Dreams and the Dollmaker's shop. Overlap and similarity is inevitable, unique features are where the good stuff is ?

That sounds good. I'm already planning to have a random failure to the timed restraints. Something like it still being cursed or a failed timer like you said. I don't know how to make custom devices yet and Kimy said that a timed lock is going to be a standard DD feature in the next DD update. So I'll hold off till that's released.

on the subject of time locked restraints.. 

Possible idea if able to be done..  Once the time runs out and the lock opens the player has a limited time to remove the item before it relocks..   The delay before relocking could be longer for easier game or shorter for harder game or random for a panic ridden mad dash to get it removed (MCM choice).  Now the need to get that pesky elbowbinder off as quickly as you can has added reason.  The timer for the lock could also vary or possibly be controlled via MCM..  it relocks for (MCM) x amount of hours or maybe a repeat of the original timer or once again the dreaded unknown random timer.

My personal prefference for time locked devices would restrict ones the bind the players hands for too long a time or (MCM maybe to block handcuffs and binders as a choice) but a well timed gag which can fully block talking to NPC's could be awesome fun..  

You could given time have several "trials" of devices which progress through the different ideas people have suggested appearing as if faults are being fixed but new faults are occuring.. 

Looking forward to see what Kimy comes up with for the new DD update and how you "play" with the new tools.  ..

Hi

Interesting mod, liking that the shop keeper is a willing sub since it gives some difference between CD and DCL.

Since everyone else seem to be giving suggestions I thought I'd add my own.

1) since Laura was a willing sub it might be nice to have her opposed to enslavement and so help runaway slaves, but rather than releasing them from their bindings (since keys are expensive) she could introduce them to some of her former masters and ask the PC to help them out. If the PC and Master relationship increased (to 3 or something) then Laura would encourage the player to simply ask that person to be their master.

2) As Laura was a sub, she could be into self bondage and leave some 'toys' around to help her experience the fun. although not intended an overly curious Dragonborn might steal some of her 'fun' and end up bound or humiliated (depending on Lauras' preference) relying on someone else to help them out of their predicament. Given that the PC used Lauras toys, the consequences could be on any range. Ahh some ideas I thought of were like being locked in a cage until masturbating for 4 times/ or nneding to wear a certain bondage item to unlock the door. I think the idea of a playroom where the door just locks and randomly assigns 1 out of 6 (say) different criteria to unlock the door would be fun, although to prevent players from complaing you could have an npc come over and offer advice on how to unlock the door (not always the correct advice, it wouldn't be fun if you knew the answer) so that people have an idea on how to escape.

Unfortunetly I'm not a modder so I'm not sure on how feasable these ideas are, but I wish you all the best!

Greetings and congratulations on your first mod. By the enthusiastic response, you've done very well.

As I have just discovered your mod, reading about the relocation of your shop filled me with a sense of foreboding. It is set down on a spot that is occupied by a deleted mod from the Nexus. Fantasy Style Followers with White's Bar (88269) is in exactly the same spot. I do not expect you to give any considerations to a deleted mod but I have been using White's Bar for a little while now and have grown fond of it. I would like to suggest though that the lot to the west of your shop is vacant from all mods already mentioned and (selfishly) I hope and wish that maybe sometime in the future I can have both mods running in my play list .

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/14016

This is the SE edition of the mod if you care to view the grounds that are occupied by White's Bar.

Edited Sept. 28/18

I have loaded in both mods and they do not conflict, they sit very nicely side by side.

4 hours ago, steelmagpie said:

My personal prefference for time locked devices would restrict ones the bind the players hands for too long a time or (MCM maybe to block handcuffs and binders as a choice) but a well timed gag which can fully block talking to NPC's could be awesome fun.. 

Yeah you wouldn't want your character to be locked in heavy bondage and other debilitating devices for more than a couple of days, it'd just disrupt the game too much. If the timer for such restraints is short then you have the problem of players just waiting/sleeping or fast traveling to get the timed heavy bondage to unlock and get their reward quickly, it'd be farm-able and boring. If the timed lock could be scripted to ignore fast travel and waiting/sleeping, timed heavy bondage (arm restraints) and debilitating devices (gags, blindfold, hobble dresses/legbinder) might actually be viable to have as an option for our poor characters to test. Not sure if this could be done, though.

I don't know anything about Papyrus scripting, it makes my head spin but looking at the github entry for timed locks it seems a mod author will be able to set, per device, a minimum and maximum time (in hours) until the timer expires and device unlocks. Optionally, a key could still be used to unlock a device before the timer is up.

Anyways I feel like I'm bugging Laura 'Lokomootje' too much with these timed restraint ideas but others have brought it up as an idea as well. In the end it's her mod to what she wishes with. That's how it goes around here, though. New mod is released, gets promptly swamped in ideas.

2 hours ago, Ripstop said:

As I have just discovered your mod, reading about the relocation of your shop filled me with a sense of foreboding. It is set down on a spot that is occupied by a deleted mod from the Nexus. Fantasy Style Followers with White's Bar (88269) is in exactly the same spot. I do not expect you to give any considerations to a deleted mod but I have been using White's Bar for a little while now and have grown fond of it. I would like to suggest though that the lot to the west of your shop is vacant from all mods already mentioned and (selfishly) I hope and wish that maybe sometime in the future I can have both mods running in my play list .

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/14016

This is the SE edition of the mod if you care to view the grounds that are occupied by White's Bar.

Either way, I like where you are going with your mod and hope to experience it at some time.

I used to use and loved Whites bar and its many followers and only dropped it due to the location clash with Whiterun Brothel..  Having used the 1.01 relocation version I think (but without testing can't be sure) the new location is far enough to the west so as to just miss it or at least be very close to missing it..  ( I would need to dig deep in my old fav mods files to be sure if as you say Whites bar is no longer available  though) ,, Have you tried the two together to see or are you going off the pictures of its original location? it is quite a way west now so as to avoid Whiteun Brothel location.

Spoiler

E18BB7B83B6723E4A1E4335C9091B97CB4DD40B7

picture taken stood on the corner leading into whiterun with Whiterun Brothel in foreground and New shop location down on the first bend.. 

I always check a mod in Tes5Edit before I run it, and I noticed a couple of things.

1.) It needs to be cleaned. There are ITM records and deleted records, both are a bad idea.

2.) For no apparent reason, the Drunk Huntsman is being renamed to "Bondage Store".

3.) The location marker for Laura's Bondage Shop is part of the Drunk Huntman's location form. It should probably have its own.

For all I know, these are deliberate. People occasionally have reasons to do stuff like that. But if not, you might want to address them.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see that you're already on top of it! ?

Okay, a couple of better thoughts now that I've actually played it.

1.) It would make sense for the doors to the back room and upstairs to be locked, since this is presumably Laura and Katarina's home. Yes, the vanilla shops don't bother with this, but they should.

2.) If you sell Laura an item that is locked onto your body, you get the money but don't lose the item. However I'm not sure if it's even possible to fix that. I actually have no idea if Captured Dreams ever solved that problem either, it's been a while since I used it.

3.) The current location seems perfect! I have The People of Skyrim installed, which is about as conflicting as any mod could ever be. It conflicts EVERYTHING. But it doesn't conflict with yours.

4.) The dialog is well written, it's obvious you put care into it.

5.) It shouldn't be that hard to use a script to check for Captured Dreams and Cursed Loot and populate the shop inventory with items from those mods.

6.) You could add radiant quests to retrieve materials that Laura needs for crafting keys or repairing gear, in return for giving the PC keys. I'm not sure how much quest stuff you're interested in, but that would be a way to add reasons to keep visiting rather than just stocking up on keys once, stashing them in breezehome, and never coming back.