Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

@Laura 'Lokomootje'

I'm done with my playing for today :classic_smile: so back to work and I got some screenshots for you.

Ā 

My usual game first, the screenshots circle around the troubled shop location/ mule .

First view to the west, along the road, view S, view E, view N

c6.jpg.483353847b0825ef5f5668fd2bc18bfa.jpg

4:45 in the morning, pictures postedited in brighntness, forceweather 81a for the second set, I forgot that in the first set

Spoiler

lbs1.jpg.13219821114f969ea4b25256bb75b45c.jpglbs2.jpg.0637a8f0fb68f6dd27a34c170a8f8502.jpglbs3.jpg.9f55c1051d13ccf37b433e734e523d8e.jpglbs4.jpg.5defa6c8659c789930ad0c29e29bd9b4.jpglbs5.jpg.c9386b36cb1ff41359bdc7ded79dc426.jpglbs6.jpg.fccffa9fe1534e58722866e8e078f031.jpg

Ā 

Same setting plus the shop, views in the same sequence

Spoiler

lbs7.jpg.537338bfb7444a3be4e3c557a01e8be1.jpglbs9.jpg.2da262bf3ad23604b84e3e573abffdb2.jpglbs10.jpg.d860ac57bc66cfaee68d7dd02e3d5f7d.jpglbs11.jpg.cd7ff139f6fe459120729b56b0bc43ce.jpglbs12.jpg.5d5f01b785bd7f48882d851088353632.jpglbs13.jpg.6a0af34c705fd2257e86eea6bd03b5ed.jpglbs14.jpg.ff9159011a624ba192d27b3456ceb1c5.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Here would be the door of the farm building

lbs8.jpg.ebb3bd5c414d4d869deeb9cf377ea599.jpg

Ā 

The shown mods include

• Extended Town and Cities (ETaC) just a stray stone fence directly in front of the door to the shop
  • Mule in Skyrim, the farm is the troubled building
  • mod for enlarged trees (forgotten the name)
  • and the shop

Ā 

1 hour ago, worik said:

@Laura 'Lokomootje'

I'm done with my playing for today :classic_smile: so back to work and I got some screenshots for you.

Ā 

My usual game first, the screenshots circle around the troubled shop location/ mule .

First view to the west, along the road, view S, view E, view N

c6.jpg.483353847b0825ef5f5668fd2bc18bfa.jpg

4:45 in the morning, pictures postedited in brighntness, forceweather 81a for the second set, I forgot that in the first set

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

lbs1.jpg.13219821114f969ea4b25256bb75b45c.jpglbs2.jpg.0637a8f0fb68f6dd27a34c170a8f8502.jpglbs3.jpg.9f55c1051d13ccf37b433e734e523d8e.jpglbs4.jpg.5defa6c8659c789930ad0c29e29bd9b4.jpglbs5.jpg.c9386b36cb1ff41359bdc7ded79dc426.jpglbs6.jpg.fccffa9fe1534e58722866e8e078f031.jpg

Ā 

Same setting plus the shop, views in the same sequence

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

lbs7.jpg.537338bfb7444a3be4e3c557a01e8be1.jpglbs9.jpg.2da262bf3ad23604b84e3e573abffdb2.jpglbs10.jpg.d860ac57bc66cfaee68d7dd02e3d5f7d.jpglbs11.jpg.cd7ff139f6fe459120729b56b0bc43ce.jpglbs12.jpg.5d5f01b785bd7f48882d851088353632.jpglbs13.jpg.6a0af34c705fd2257e86eea6bd03b5ed.jpglbs14.jpg.ff9159011a624ba192d27b3456ceb1c5.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Here would be the door of the farm building

lbs8.jpg.ebb3bd5c414d4d869deeb9cf377ea599.jpg

Ā 

The shown mods include

• Extended Town and Cities (ETaC) just a stray stone fence directly in front of the door to the shop
  • Mule in Skyrim, the farm is the troubled building
  • mod for enlarged trees (forgotten the name)
  • and the shop

Ā 

Ā 

That's a lot more effort than I expected. I just wanted 1 screenshot with both buildings clipping. Thanks though, this is useful.

I want to make some changes to the exterior. Maybe do some landscape editing to make it cleaner and I'll keep this conflict in mind.

4 hours ago, Fenroo said:

Yeah Laura can have a European accent. That wouldn't be a bad thing. It would add flavor!

I won't do the voices. Just thinking about it makes me nervous and it's also too much work.

Like I said, almost no one does it with a reason.

I would like to do it, but I won't.

Ā 

Maybe someday, but not now.

9 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I won't do the voices. Just thinking about it makes me nervous and it's also too much work.

Like I said, almost no one does it with a reason.

I would like to do it, but I won't.

Ā 

Maybe someday, but not now.

Then get back to working on your mods. Forthwith.Ā 

Ā 

?

1 minute ago, Fenroo said:

Then get back to working on your mods. Forthwith.Ā 

Ā 

?

Then stop asking me questions. ?Just kidding.

The concepting took a while.

It's a complex one, but I'm now doing the planning.

Planning is doing things like prepping code and other research like coming up with names and writing the dialogue.

As for the voice acting, how about this:Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

And yeah, making the shop a bit bigger would be great! Nothing too overwhelming, maybe just a bed-/private playroom for the two upper stairs (a bed with a pillory and a X-cross in the corner or sth alike), and some more stuff displayed in the main room ;)Ā Just to give it a bit more atmosphere and story to tell

9 hours ago, Jessy2012 said:

So far the mod works realy good , the What She Deserves was realy fun to play , i like quests like this.

Now just petsuit in a quest and its perfect ? .

Ā 

Anyway , realy nice work Laura , and i no need voice in quest , its good like it is ^^.

That's good to hear. ?

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about the petsuit.

Ā 

5 hours ago, wookiee27 said:

Excellent mod! 10/10

Ā 

If I had a suggestion it would be to add some simple repeatable radiant quests. Go fetch this item, go deliver this package, get bound in the process etc.

A repeatable quest in is the works. But you have to be patient.

Ā 

4 hours ago, Ryuujin83 said:

Why not have them make you clean the shop while you are in a petsuit (Entirely repeatable!). All while they're both commenting on the situation and also random banter stuff?

That sounds interesting, but humiliating the player like that isn't their style.

I do want to do something with the petsuit.

Ā 

40 minutes ago, Mister X said:

As for the voice acting, how about this:Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

And yeah, making the shop a bit bigger would be great! Nothing too overwhelming, maybe just a bed-/private playroom for the two upper stairs (a bed with a pillory and a X-cross in the corner or sth alike), and some more stuff displayed in the main room ;)Ā Just to give it a bit more atmosphere and story to tell

I know that there are VA's for hire, but it will still take too much time and this will also cost money.

Ā 

I won't make the interior bigger, I do want to add some stuff to it that fits the shop like storage and displays.

Or possibly some furniture from the upcoming DDf mod.

I was testing out the chastity-for-gold sequence earlier and everything seemed fine until it came time to leave the cage - Laura's last 2 lines kept triggering the whole time I was in the store until I left completely, and when I came back to test it a second time, the cage door was still open. As my character stood in the cage to be unbelted Laura walked around the shop and the door would frequently open and wouldn't stay closed/locked. The quest completed just fine, but the door was still left open and the last 2 lines repeated again.
Also, what's supposed to happen if you say you want to stay in the belt when in the cage? For me, Laura left my character in the cage for a short time before coming back and beginning the unbelting dialogue again, but with the door being weird I don't know if things were meant to trigger that way.
I think either getting temporarily locked in some restraint furniture or some extra devices would be a fun way to improve the caged section of the quest, it seems a bit strange to just be standing around (even if it is behind bars)

Keep up the good work, you're doing a great job!

38 minutes ago, AngryAngryRussian said:

I was testing out the chastity-for-gold sequence earlier and everything seemed fine until it came time to leave the cage - Laura's last 2 lines kept triggering the whole time I was in the store until I left completely, and when I came back to test it a second time, the cage door was still open. As my character stood in the cage to be unbelted Laura walked around the shop and the door would frequently open and wouldn't stay closed/locked. The quest completed just fine, but the door was still left open and the last 2 lines repeated again.
Also, what's supposed to happen if you say you want to stay in the belt when in the cage? For me, Laura left my character in the cage for a short time before coming back and beginning the unbelting dialogue again, but with the door being weird I don't know if things were meant to trigger that way.
I think either getting temporarily locked in some restraint furniture or some extra devices would be a fun way to improve the caged section of the quest, it seems a bit strange to just be standing around (even if it is behind bars)

Keep up the good work, you're doing a great job!

I'm not 100% sure what's going on there.

Can you give more details?

Can you post a papyrus log from when that happens?

You're talking about the last 2 lines, what are those last 2 line you see?

Did you update to 1.20 and did you then load a save where the Locked Away quest was still runnning?

Ā 

When you tell her you want to stay in the belt, she will keep you in the cell for a short time before opening the cell.

Adding furniture would be a nice addition, but I'm still waiting for the Devious Devices Furniture mod.

The 2 lines were "I'll unlock the door for you" and "Stay safe"
The version I started with was 1.20, so I couldn't run other quests

However, I just went back to the saves where the issue was happening, but it all goes smoothly now. The only thing different was I told my follower (Iona) to stand out of the way. When the door issue was happening, Iona's follow distance put her right between the cage door and the gap in the counter. I guess her standing in the way was messing with how things were supposed to go. I also don't have any saves while the issue was happening, only before and after. If it happens again, I'll try a save and get a papyrus log for you.

1 minute ago, AngryAngryRussian said:

The 2 lines were "I'll unlock the door for you" and "Stay safe"
The version I started with was 1.20, so I couldn't run other quests

However, I just went back to the saves where the issue was happening, but it all goes smoothly now. The only thing different was I told my follower (Iona) to stand out of the way. When the door issue was happening, Iona's follow distance put her right between the cage door and the gap in the counter. I guess her standing in the way was messing with how things were supposed to go. I also don't have any saves while the issue was happening, only before and after. If it happens again, I'll try a save and get a papyrus log for you.

Thanks for the info.

I think I know what's going on then, you don't have to post a log anymore.

The follower standing in the way prevented the scene from progressing normally and that messed things up.

Ā 

I had the same kind of thing during testing. That was because the NavMesh wasn't working correctly. The NavMesh is the thing NPCs use to know where to walk.

That caused them to get stuck and messed up the scenes. Much like what happened with you.

25 minutes ago, Mister X said:

By the way, a little question: How about a SSE port?Ā ?

Ā 

10 minutes ago, kempo95 said:

The mod works fine on SSE as it is. I play SSE and use this mod.

Ā 

I haven't even installed SSE yet, I still use oldrim. It's just sitting in my library waiting for me to install it.

I have heard that porting it over is pretty easy and it seems that my mod doesn't even need any changes like @kempo95 said. A few other people also told me that it works with SSE.

I just did that Whiterun stone quest and despite being heavily bound already it worked like a charm. It was short (but not to short) and straight to the point and since I have cursed loot I sneaked out of town to avoid....things. Not to mention the reward was quite handy. Sona loosen the bound was also a nice touch.

Ā 

I also realy love to have a shop now to buy stuff. I always hated to get it via other means.

Ā 

Ā 

Me looking for halp in the temple and my useless Thalmor owner having a good laugh.

Ā 

20181116234750_1_zps6mn6osol.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

On ā€Ž11ā€Ž/ā€Ž15ā€Ž/ā€Ž2018 at 5:00 AM, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:
On ā€Ž11ā€Ž/ā€Ž15ā€Ž/ā€Ž2018 at 12:13 AM, Ryuujin83 said:

Why not have them make you clean the shop while you are in a petsuit (Entirely repeatable!). All while they're both commenting on the situation and also random banter stuff?

That sounds interesting, but humiliating the player like that isn't their style.

I do want to do something with the petsuit.

Oh no I did not mean it as humiliating talks toward the PC but rather like the quest "What She Deserves" in order to keep the mudane task a little less boring for the player (may have a few variants of dialogue between the two just so people are tempted to run it more than once.). Petsuits (even though they're very kinky) dosen't offer a whole lot of options to make a quest interesting... overall.

8 hours ago, GrƤfin Zeppelin said:

I just did that Whiterun stone quest and despite being heavily bound already it worked like a charm. It was short (but not to short) and straight to the point and since I have cursed loot I sneaked out of town to avoid....things. Not to mention the reward was quite handy. Sona loosen the bound was also a nice touch.

Ā 

I also realy love to have a shop now to buy stuff. I always hated to get it via other means.

That's good to hear. I'm glad you like it. ?

Ā 

By the way, the pic you posted doesn't work.

Ā 

4 hours ago, Ryuujin83 said:

Oh no I did not mean it as humiliating talks toward the PC but rather like the quest "What She Deserves" in order to keep the mudane task a little less boring for the player (may have a few variants of dialogue between the two just so people are tempted to run it more than once.). Petsuits (even though they're very kinky) dosen't offer a whole lot of options to make a quest interesting... overall.

The comments aren't the humiliating part. Having them lock you in a petsuit and order you to clean up while you can only crawl on all fours is the humiliating part. And that's not their style.

Having them say stuff when you're bound worked well I think, but I don't want to use it too much.

Ā 

Ā 

hey laura

Ā 

love the mod and all the quests that come with it, but im having a problem i hope you could helpĀ me with.

i'm curently playing locked away with the mcm set to the standart, only i never seem to get freed. if i'm not mistaken i'm supposed to way for her the belt to open right? its been well over the base max value but im still wearing it, and it is gettingĀ tedious. is there a way to force end the quest?

Ā 

ps, looking at the name: een NederlanderĀ ;)Ā ?

Ā 

1 hour ago, samuelmc1998 said:

i'm curently playing locked away with the mcm set to the standart, only i never seem to get freed. if i'm not mistaken i'm supposed to way for her the belt to open right? its been well over the base max value but im still wearing it, and it is gettingĀ tedious.

You need to ask Laura to take the belt off, it won't unlock on its own.