I had a chance to look at these in game and have to add to the congratulations on making a very nice set of overlays. While some are a little thematically not fitting (especially the one with a pistol) they all look nice.

I'd also suggest a 2k version. The higher resolution is nice for closeup screenshots but not really necessary for general play.

7 hours ago, karlpaws said:

I had a chance to look at these in game and have to add to the congratulations on making a very nice set of overlays. While some are a little thematically not fitting (especially the one with a pistol) they all look nice.

I'd also suggest a 2k version. The higher resolution is nice for closeup screenshots but not really necessary for general play.

Thanks, I will always be trying to create more lore friendly tattoos over non-lore friendly, however it's always fun to add variety

I have ran a batch to create a 2K pack, and it should be up now for both slavetats and racemenu :)

On 9/16/2018 at 1:33 AM, amply said:

Thanks, and sorry to hear that. It's a pretty big file uncompressed for sure, must be the final nail on the coffin for your rig :(

I even tried to trim the fat down on some extra tattoos to reduce clutter.

Do you think people want a 2K version? Just curious

(Most tattoo packs seem to be 4096 x 4096)

Rather than 2K, can you provide a 4K version that is compressed? The unzipped filesize for this mod is pretty excessive regardless of whether it's 4K or 2K.

Otherwise it's a great mod though, but it really needs a smaller installed filesize.

18 hours ago, nanashi50 said:

Rather than 2K, can you provide a 4K version that is compressed? The unzipped filesize for this mod is pretty excessive regardless of whether it's 4K or 2K.

Otherwise it's a great mod though, but it really needs a smaller installed filesize.

.dds files will always be saved uncompressed as far as i know.

If you check all other body tattoo mods, each texture file for 4k res is 21 mb individually. Same with this pack. 

And 2k uncompressed .dds is always like 6 mb. So idk what you're saying "regardless of 2k or 4k". It reduces the uncompressed file size when using 2k by at least 50% or more.

The only other way to reduce total size as far as I know is to cut out some tattoos all together :(

8 minutes ago, amply said:

.dds files will always be saved uncompressed as far as i know.

If you check all other body tattoo mods, each texture file for 4k res is 21 mb individually. Same with this pack. 

And 2k uncompressed .dds is always like 6 mb. So idk what you're saying "regardless of 2k or 4k". It reduces the uncompressed file size when using 2k by at least 50% or more.

The only other way to reduce total size as far as I know is to cut out some tattoos all together :(

DDS files can be compressed as DXT5 for textures with alphas.

Edit: Nevermind, I tried to resave it as DXT5. Looks like it's already compressed as DXT5 since the filesize was the same. Was expecting it'd be smaller since the texture is mostly black space, but guess it doesn't matter.

9 minutes ago, nanashi50 said:

That is already what I use for conversion, it compresses the picture to 21.3 MB

DDS.png.0ac5cbae166c8fc6197c559e46b3018f.png

What am I missing? Please let me know if there's a hidden step :d

15 minutes ago, nanashi50 said:

Edit: Nevermind, I tried to resave it as DXT5. Looks like it's already compressed as DXT5 since the filesize was the same. Was expecting it'd be smaller since the texture is mostly black space, but guess it doesn't matter.

I see, thanks for giving it a try at least, but you raise a good point. Maybe there is a way to reduce it further. I understand your concern because I had the same concern while making these since they are mostly just black space with the tattoo only covering a small portion. If there is anyone else who knows a trick or two, feel free to mention it!

24 minutes ago, Rock&Rule said:

I am digging these a lot. Using the 2k version in SSE and they look great. I played with these two to match the two tone of my characters leg tattoo.

RRtats.jpg

Glad you like em, they look good on your character :)

May I ask how you got different colors for the same tattoo?

11 minutes ago, Rock&Rule said:

I really liked these two so I split them and added the second half to the tattoo that was below them. With my leg tat I probably just increased the load on my outdated gpu x6. Probably an extra good thing I went with the 2k version.

Ah, thats what I thought.

Its not a bad idea having partially colored tattoos, could be interesting to make layered tattoos in general :D

Any chance for that berserk symbol to be moved closer to where casca has it? while most of these aren't really my taste i see some neat ones for my rogue and hunter so i'll be getting this anyway. hopefully the distortion isn't too bad with cbbe but i don't really see any real problem areas.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Awesome tattoos, do you think you can add some more bar code tattoos? like make bar code tattoos for both thighs, upper arms, the back of the neck, and can you possibly make one for both inner thighs please?

• 1 month later...

Awesome tattoo set, deserves more notoriety. And your PC for those screenshots is just disgustingly good looking. No idea how you managed to get everything perfect down to the fine details like that.

You said you used 7B for the body, I've always been curious; do you encounter a lot of issues like clipping with clothing/armor mods that are made for CBBE for example. I'm tempted to switch from CBBE to 7B but it always seems like it would cause a lot of problems with a setup that currently doesn't have any.

20 hours ago, Vidust said:

Awesome tattoo set, deserves more notoriety. And your PC for those screenshots is just disgustingly good looking. No idea how you managed to get everything perfect down to the fine details like that.

You said you used 7B for the body, I've always been curious; do you encounter a lot of issues like clipping with clothing/armor mods that are made for CBBE for example. I'm tempted to switch from CBBE to 7B but it always seems like it would cause a lot of problems with a setup that currently doesn't have any.

Thanks for the kind words :)

Honestly, after the switch, a lot of things do become incompatible. And mixing the two does cause clipping issues, definitely. Especially CBBE to 7B, since the skin map and body shape is so different, Whereas UNP to 7B is not too bad. You'd have to almost run two body types to keep both CBBE and 7B and there are mods for that, so it requires a bit of tinkering.

You can always try 7B out for a demo run, just get the body type first/skin textures ready and try a bunch of GomaPero's set of outfits, they are super high quality and can make anything look good. Hope that kind of helps

• 4 months later...