Jump to content
Reginald_001

(solved) Bunch of naked raiders called 'Radroach'

Recommended Posts

So I was hiking my way across the bridge near Bunker Hill when I saw three naked dudes standing in the middle of the bridge.

They were accompanied by ONE Raider Psycho girl in full gear, and all of them were designated 'Radroach'.

 

When I walked up to them, the one Raider Psycho girl started to shoot so I killed her, but the three naked guys called 'Radroach' just cowered there.

After I shot one, another one ran up to me (still naked) and tried to punch me.

 

Has anyone else seen this glitch, would this be an alias not filling correctly or something like that?

Share this post


Link to post

I have seen something similar with super mutants but in their case, they actually are rad roaches, but hit as hard and have the same hp/resistances as the appropriate level super mutant, inventory for these rad roaches is also the same as you would find on a super mutant as well, for me it is not too common but kinda jarring when they sneak up on you.

 

In this case my best guess would be you have updated something that changes raider level lists and inventory controlling settings and for what ever reason they have not updated those npc's, the alias not filing in would work as well.

Share this post


Link to post

Do either of you use Super Mutant Redux or Raider Overhaul? Both of these mods are by the same author, and this bug rears it's head from time to time as versions progress.

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, Varithina said:

I have seen something similar with super mutants but in their case, they actually are rad roaches, but hit as hard and have the same hp/resistances as the appropriate level super mutant, inventory for these rad roaches is also the same as you would find on a super mutant as well, for me it is not too common but kinda jarring when they sneak up on you.

 

In this case my best guess would be you have updated something that changes raider level lists and inventory controlling settings and for what ever reason they have not updated those npc's, the alias not filing in would work as well.

I'm mainly asking to see if I didn't screw anything up myself.

I'm working on a mod for Ivy with raiders, called 'Raider Stalkers'. Added a new NPC to the leveled list and I suspect this to be the issue.

Unless more people are having this, it's hard to predict why this would be happening, but I'll look deeper into it.

 

1 minute ago, Adviser69 said:

Do either of you use Super Mutant Redux or Raider Overhaul? Both of these mods are by the same author, and this bug rears it's head from time to time as versions progress.

Nope, not using it. 😮

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Adviser69 said:

Do either of you use Super Mutant Redux or Raider Overhaul? Both of these mods are by the same author, and this bug rears it's head from time to time as versions progress.

Yes to both, but for super mutant redux I am using the overwrite patch provided from https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24357

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Varithina said:

Yes to both, but for super mutant redux I am using the overwrite patch provided from https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24357

That overwrite patch is outdated, especially now since SMR and Raider Overhaul have had recent updates. But Reginald does have a point, it's a problem that arises from NPC additions to Level Lists. Unique NPCs early versions had this problem too.

 

Edit: Wait, that link isn't to the SMR-Raider Overhaul patch, it's to the new Unique NPCs - Creatures. LOL
New mod, same old problem....

 

This was the patch I thought you meant:
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17895

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, Adviser69 said:

That overwrite patch is outdated, especially now since SMR and Raider Overhaul have had recent updates. But Reginald does have a point, it's a problem that arises from NPC additions to Level Lists. Unique NPCs early versions had this problem too.

 

Edit: Wait, that link isn't to the SMR-Raider Overhaul patch, it's to the new Unique NPCs - Creatures. LOL
New mod, same old problem....

 

This was the patch I thought you meant:
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17895

That one as well, though at present I am more concerned about sorting out my instant ctd when accessing the armour workbench, which is kinda new, it has been a bit flaky for a while but usually a load sorted it out now though bleh.

 

But, yeh there are a load of the older mods that really need their ae patches updating to the new version of ae, but I am guessing quite a few of them will not get that update, at least from the original mod author, and to be honest ae patches give me the hives when trying to figure out just what the hell to do with them about updating, I tend to get one of three things happen when doing so, instant ctd at start menu, instant ctd on accessing the armour workbench, or instant ctd when equipping them, so after the 30th or so time I just gave up and rely on other people to make them.

Share this post


Link to post

About Reginald's problem, no i've never had this kind of thing happening and you could try looking at which mod added these NPCs using this https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26582.

 

It will show you the esp that added or made changes to said NPC and it is easier to track down who is making the mess. Maybe it is a load order issue, or plain mod conflict. Somethng that edits the LList...

 

And i DO use Super Mutant Redux + Raider Overhaul, everything works here even with Unique NPCs. But i make tedious patches for my mods to ensure that everything is working as intended and i always manage my load order manually.

 

edit: i managed to not read properly what you said about your mod, Reginald, sorry lol
See if they are someway modified by your esp. If you can't find them again... well, if they were named Radroaches, you could try 'help radroach 4' and spawn every single one to see if some raiders appear.
Only then you will have the chance to know which mod is adding them, either with the better console mod or by checking it's ID

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/9/2018 at 8:43 PM, Di3sIrae said:

About Reginald's problem, no i've never had this kind of thing happening and you could try looking at which mod added these NPCs using this https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26582.

 

It will show you the esp that added or made changes to said NPC and it is easier to track down who is making the mess. Maybe it is a load order issue, or plain mod conflict. Somethng that edits the LList...

 

And i DO use Super Mutant Redux + Raider Overhaul, everything works here even with Unique NPCs. But i make tedious patches for my mods to ensure that everything is working as intended and i always manage my load order manually.

 

edit: i managed to not read properly what you said about your mod, Reginald, sorry lol
See if they are someway modified by your esp. If you can't find them again... well, if they were named Radroaches, you could try 'help radroach 4' and spawn every single one to see if some raiders appear.
Only then you will have the chance to know which mod is adding them, either with the better console mod or by checking it's ID 

Yes it's a bizarre thing, but I haven't really looked into it in depth like that, I will now because suddenly they're infesting my game.. :D

ScreenShot385.png

Share this post


Link to post

I went over all radroach references in all my mods, esp's and scripts.

Nothing that could relate to this problem in terms of something obvious.

 

I think the raider spawnlist got screwed somehow, or one of the quest aliases is filling incorrectly, making it so it grabs the wrong type of NPC race/character class for some spawned raiders.

 

I am tempted to blame my own mod, but I checked it a zillion times and it just can't explain this.

I'll be digging deeper tonight as I want to make sure to find the root cause. ;)

 

[EDIT] I think I have found it. 70% sure at this point as I haven't seen any 'radroaches' since my changes. I was already suspecting my own mod and I did a deep check on the NPC I made to add to the raiders. Turns out that some of the templates for Class/Race hadn't been applied correctly somehow. I couldn't fix it in the CK but in Fo4Edit I could manually add the templates, then in the CK all looked fine.

 

I think the corruption caused the spawned NPC to get the 'first' class/race template it could find (I guess in this case radroach) and apply it to the NPC.

Share this post


Link to post

What's with these Radroaches anyway?

It seems like this is the default-fallback whenever something spawning-related goes south.

A had a Mod which allowed you to make your own Synths based on scanned NPC's, which was failing after a Game update, so whatever template i uses i could

only spawn Radroaches named "Token not found" or something.

Maybe the Radroach thing is intentional, since it is the closest thing we have to a "Bug". 😉

Share this post


Link to post

I haven't seen them around any longer after I added those templates.

Likely the engine defaults to the first class (or race), for instance with the lowest ID, if none can be found.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, flatliner10 said:

What's with these Radroaches anyway?

It seems like this is the default-fallback whenever something spawning-related goes south.

A had a Mod which allowed you to make your own Synths based on scanned NPC's, which was failing after a Game update, so whatever template i uses i could

only spawn Radroaches named "Token not found" or something.

Maybe the Radroach thing is intentional, since it is the closest thing we have to a "Bug". 😉

Radroach is a base template, used when the requested template does not exist.

If you like roaches and use the Synth Workshop, make a scan of some NPC. Kill that NPC. Every synth made from that scan will be an actual Radroach; not just the name.

If you don't care for roaches, don't kill the original. Synth production works perfectly.

Share this post


Link to post

One of those moments..., where after I stop laughing, I wonder, How did I BREAK it This time! OHH what have I done? What Have I Done??!!

ScreenShot19.png

Share this post


Link to post

while I am not sure if you have fixed this yet,

first thing you need to find out, what is the ID of the enemy that has been radroached

 

simply when you find an "radroach"

go into console and click on the radroach then record the ID number (it might take a couple of mousewheels) to get to the right number

it should look like this 'Radroach' (########) or 'Raider' (########)

use F04Edit and search for the ID number and see if there is any errors under it

 

 

btw I have been using f4se console mods for a long while so I have forgotten what the default console looks like

so it might be different for you

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Yes it was already solved, thanks. There was a missing template for a custom NPC, making it default to the radroach class.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×