Who do you Trust?

KoolHndLuke

A simple question that becomes not so simple depending on circumstances. One of the most important questions any person has in their life- "Who has your Back?"

How much can you rely on a person that you're related to? Friends with? Lovers with? Met yesterday or last week? How important do you think that trust is?

Would you trust them with your car? Your life?

It's never a good feeling when someone betrays you....and their betrayal often means a lot of trouble for you- or your end. Betrayal of trust stings like nothing else in life. You feel like a fool for having given them that much trust. But, are you really a fool for doing so? What would the world be like if no one trusted each other?

Actually, trust is not something that i could easily tell you that i have, in the same way for one or another person.

I have one friend, two actually, that i trust to lend money. I just know they'll pay me back and they actually have. I trust them, for example. But can i rely on them? Like, would i count on them to help me in the future? No.  Not because i don't trust them, but i just can't know if they would help me like i help them.

One of my oldest friends, if not the oldest, is someone i like, and i trust him. But i don't feel like talking to him about some things of my life, or relying on him to anything. I know how he is, his personality and everything. I do trust him, but i know he wouldn't put his hand on fire for me, and i probably wouldn't for him, maybe.

I have another friend that i don't talk much to him, but i have great consideration for him and i really trust him to be a person to have my back, but because of how he is. He is a really lovely person. I know i could rely on him, but we are not that really close...

On other side... i don't trust anyone right now to talk about my deep feelings. As much as i love my family, for example, and i know i can count on them for anything (ok, not anything), i don't trust them enough to talk about how i feel.

So, to the question... if we understand that the REAL trust in the meaning of someone that would put his hand on fire for you, that would really have your back and be on your side no matter what and for ecerything... No, i don't have anyone and i only trust myself right now. If i can find someone like this one day, then i would be realized. A person i could trust and also offer all of myself to it.

Can we trust in someone we just met? I guess that yes, we can, but to a certain degree. Sometimes we maybe just need a stranger to trust it with our secrets, fears and doubts. And then never met it again.

I heard a woman say once that she never trust a man who doesn't drink at all. I've heard my mom say that she doesn't trust anyone that won't look her in the eyes- which I agree with btw. Still..... if they are anything like me, they learned how to lie looking straight at some one. I tend to give people a little trust in order to be trusted myself.

First of all, never trust anyone who doesn't drink coffee. Be wary of anyone who hates cats. Never trust anyone that your dog hates.

You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment if you don't trust enough.

Learning to trust is one of life's most difficult tasks. The basis for all human relationships is trust,

it is single-handedly the most powerful source of positive energy and, once in place, unlocks a freedom and peace to explore.

So trust yes, but verify.

Trust in others presupposes trust in yourself. Be authentic and don't take others for a ride to gain a selfish advantage cos those that trust in themselves appreciate authenticity and answer it by developing trust in you in the communication. Mutual trust is all-important not just in crisis situations and this on any social level of agreement. Once understood by others as non-agreement capable one gets inevitably isolated in an echo chamber of piss-take until it sucks out loud. Amen.

17 hours ago, dharvinia said:

First of all, never trust anyone who doesn't drink coffee. Be wary of anyone who hates cats. Never trust anyone that your dog hates.

You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment if you don't trust enough.

Learning to trust is one of life's most difficult tasks. The basis for all human relationships is trust,

it is single-handedly the most powerful source of positive energy and, once in place, unlocks a freedom and peace to explore.

So trust yes, but verify.

I may not hate cats (which might be reason enough for some dogs to hate me) but I don't drink coffee. For whatever reason, I'm either immune to caffeine's effects or my body always produces enough stimulants of its own that I don't need any pick me up no matter how little sleep I get so it wouldn't do a thing for me. I might as well drink a cup of hot water.

You'd be right not to trust in anything with those properties.

As has been stated, you cannot even trust yourself, because you WILL betray what is in your best interest for something. This is typically a woman if you're a man, as you have been programmed through both evolution and social conditioning to throw everything away for the sake of them. Also children, what with that whole "future of the species" nonsense.

But there is one thing you can put your faith in, and that is Blast Hardcheese.

What about children? You can trust them up to a certain age, can't you? I so admire their innocence. A child's idea of betraying someone is playing with big bro's or sis's toys when they aren't looking. That lasts until they are about what.... Five or six yrs old? Then the game and stakes get steadily more serious.:smile:

@dharvinia

I used to love coffee, but, it got to where it tears up my stomach. So I can't really drink it anymore.

Every cat and dog I see would probably follow me home and stay If I let them. Have too many pets as it is.:classic_biggrin:

One can trust that one can no longer trust Trust Busters just by taking a gander around at all of the virtual monopolies forming these days which abuse their power with impunity. 

One can at least trust that one's own pets won't be able to deceive oneself due to their being relatively too slow on the uptake to put one over on any sapient creatures...ideally. 

48 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

What about children? You can trust them up to a certain age, can't you?

That is an interesting thought.

I was once told that children don't lie.....but, children usually want to please....so they will say anything they can think of, or anything they have been told if it appears to please you.

It may be done in innocence, however, people with agendas often use that need to please(especially law enforcement) to further their own cause.

So, children in essence cannot be trusted because they will betray by proxy. 

However, anyone who has ever looked into the eyes of a child in need will give anything to make the situation better.

I once heard that in Canada 1 million children are bullied each month...I found out that there are presently  8 million children in Canada....

By the end of August this year, every child in Canada had been bullied!!  Does this mean the bullies got bullied too?

1 hour ago, dharvinia said:

I once heard that in Canada 1 million children are bullied each month...I found out that there are presently  8 million children in Canada....

By the end of August this year, every child in Canada had been bullied!!  Does this mean the bullies got bullied too?

yes, see first 20 seconds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRYoktT81xc

Speaking of children, do you think people just are honest and dishonest, I mean that they are born that way? Or do you think that honesty and dishonesty is something that is learned?

For instance, I was always very honest when I was very young. But somewhere along the line I learned(?) that complete honesty is for suckers who believe in the authoritarian doctrine, feeling forever honor bound to explain themselves fully to their parents, family, or govt. Some times people simply cannot be made to understand why I do something, and if I feel it is not really hurting anyone, then why the fuck would I want or need to tell all about it? Telling the whole truth is just asking for trouble more times than not. And in following that I don't want to reveal some things, then I maybe lie about a subject completely to avoid bringing up anything about it at all. But, because of this I am thought to be generally untrustworthy by my family- which is completely unfair. They always tend to want things in black and white until it is their turn to confess.

Archived