dying

Kaldor Draigo

The concept of death itself isn't scary, It's merely an end to your natural life cycle. It's one of the conclusive eventualities of our existence. The only thing that I could find petrifying would be the circumstances that would lead to ones death. Death by combat, perhaps the plaything of some deranged Psychopath, an accident on a motorway where you experience the last turbulent seconds of your existence. Once you're dead in all likelihood you really wont care because the capacity to care will no longer be present.

But, yeah. Depending on how you end up dying can make all the difference I guess.

On 9/9/2018 at 3:12 AM, GimmeBACON said:

"soul"

Many people believe this lives on. That your "soul" or essence is eternal. Though this is impossible to prove, it is a more comforting idea than just being gone completely imo. I don't want to die and will fight for every last breath because 70 or 80 yrs average of natural life is too damn short. I figure about a 120 yrs would be ideal.

3 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Many people believe this [the soul] lives on. That your "soul" or essence is eternal. Though this is impossible to prove, it is a more comforting idea than just being gone completely imo.

Well, the soul goes back to the Hebrew ruakh (pronounced ruach), meaning wind/breath/spirit, embodied as 'soul (nephesh) of the living'.

So it is believed that when we take our last breath, the spirit leaves us and goes with the wind. That's why we talk about the spirits of the dead.

Indication that the dead is dead for real is the immediately after death starting lysis, the blood cell disruption. The blood color bleaches out.

That's why Jews let the dead animal bleed out before cutting cos as long as there's still blood in the dead, the soul hasn't yet fully left the body.

So yes, the soul lives on... spiritualized, as long as the wind blows on planet Earth. But keep in mind that it is just a religio-philosophical idea behind...

On 9/3/2018 at 8:27 AM, melovepengy said:

i am petrified at the concept of dying it scares me so much that it makes my non existent anxiety flare up i do not want to die

I know the feeling you describe, think about In a different way, try to imagine the time before you were born, that gives me a nice feeling and in fact it's the same as to be dead.

also, try lsd if you are in a better mood, let's you see things from a different ankle.

the worst thing that could happen is reincarnation, imagine you would need to live again and again for ever xd.

in the process of my life the feeling of An inner exhaustion grows more and more for me so I guess death is kind of release in the end. No need to be afraid.

9 hours ago, Doctor Cadaver said:

Yes, we are all going to die one day.  So why fear the inevitable?  Just live your life the best you can instead of worrying about things beyond your control.

It's never "what", it's how.

"What": Concerns the afterlife and what dueling religions and philosophers think.

*How* is the stuff of grisly crime dramas and  medical shows (and soap operas)

"What" makes money.

"How" makes money too, it's a career and a business.

But yeah, "How" is scary, "what" I'll leave to different threads (is god a woman, a conservative, a pissed off curmudgeon with a really nice son, etc)

14 hours ago, 2dk2c said:

It's never "what", it's how.

Of course not. I've already mentioned the stroke of death, the "How" that scares us most, all of us.

The "What's in it for us next" got deferred to the Greek Calendars already in the Talmud, Midrash Lam. 2.2.4 and, more philosophically, already earlier in the Second Letter of Peter, verse 3. We simply don't ascend directly. Like melons we do rot, only a few lucky ones get fossilized. Make the best of it... and don't worry too much about a life hereafter. Stay focused on the life you've got instead.

1 hour ago, Jazzman said:

Of course not. I've already mentioned the stroke of death, the "How" that scares us most, all of us.

The "What's in it for us next" got deferred to the Greek Calendars already in the aftermath of the last, the 3rd Jewish War against Roman occupation (Talmud, Midrash Lam. 2.2.4) and, more philosophically, already earlier in the Second Letter of Peter, verse 3. Like melons we do rot, only a few lucky ones get fossilized. We simply don't ascend directly. Make the best of it... and don't worry too much about a life hereafter.

All those survivalists with armories, all the zombie-apocalypse movies, all the (I gotta go check my blog, hang on)

Google says I'm referring to "Far Cry 5." (My blog borrowed the pic)

So the whole post-apocalypse-scenario thing is great for books movies and threads, 

and I wrote about it (somewhere) but that's just megalomaniacal wet dreams.

Dying slowly or quick.

Putting up with sickness and really annoying neighbors, or face the incoming missile naked, 

not much of a difficult choice.

I had more but it's blogworthy, not thread-worthy, and I'm being upstaged by stuart smalley

"he's ready to die" (no, I'm not.)

7 minutes ago, 2dk2c said:

All those survivalists with armories, all the zombie-apocalypse movies, all the (I gotta go check my blog, hang on)

I never found my own blog but Google says I'm referring to "Far Cry 5."

There are too many photos missing from my blogs, someone or something ate them.

So the whole post-apocalypse-scenario thing is great for books movies and threads, 

and I wrote about it (somewhere) but that's just megalomaniacal wet dreams.

Dying slowly or quick.

Putting up with sickness and really annoying neighbors, or face the incoming missile naked, 

not much of a difficult choice.

When I was still under the fatherly thumb of El Patrón I thought I should seek shelter in an Argentine base in Antarctica.

But then I realized that the krill dies out first, followed by the only food sources, the penguins and the fish. Once the gas 

runs dry the cold creeps into the barracks and within a few days I'd pretty much look like frozen Dr. Heimdall in Indiana

Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (I just loved his squeaking Danish accent tho)... no longer that good that is. I hadn't much

hope that one day a savior from afar would come to Hope Base who'd defrost me (Prince Charming didn't come either).

And so I gave up on the idea...

Yes, freezing to death is supposedly quite painless. Burning to death one of the most painful. Though in fires most people die of smoke inhalation. Which i'd imagine is quite irritating ?

I would prefer to die slowly, to know it's coming, and slowly fade away. Or optionally skewered by something.

Alas in reality i will die of a heart attack while sleeping. Hell, i won't even know i'm dead! ?

On 9/11/2018 at 5:50 AM, Jazzman said:

The "What's in it for us next" got deferred to the Greek Calendars already in the aftermath of the last, the 3rd Jewish War against Roman occupation (Talmud, Midrash Lam. 2.2.4) and, more philosophically, already earlier in the Second Letter of Peter, verse 3. Like melons we do rot, only a few lucky ones get fossilized. We simply don't ascend directly. Make the best of it... and don't worry too much about a life hereafter.

I swear you wrote a cryptic number at the end of a post yesterday, or I'm having visions again...OK *Someone*, 

wrote a number,

and maybe the number was "404".

As I was playing the boring section of a game, I figured, "what the hell", stopped the game, and looked up 404.

http://sacredscribesangelnumbers.blogspot.com/2011/08/angel-number-404.html

It means, 

when you're dying or just real old, 

That Angels are reassuring you that all your hard work, all your efforts have brought you to where you are now,

and you can die happy.

Or the author was misinformed.

404.JPG

And if *I* thought it up, someone else did too, and has a better blog and a meme:

-----

Disembodied-Voice says it means "File not found".

I don't speak to voices but if I did, I'd answer that it prolly means lotsa stuff (see pic)

but contextually speaking, I thought my interpretation of the great unknown "404"

was pretty right-on for this thread.

clueless.JPG.b40eaf872bfa2a3c3517d0b32ba119d0.JPG

15 hours ago, 2dk2c said:

I swear you wrote a cryptic number at the end of a post yesterday, or I'm having visions again...OK *Someone*, 

wrote a number,

and maybe the number was "404".

As I was playing the boring section of a game, I figured, "what the hell", stopped the game, and looked up 404.

http://sacredscribesangelnumbers.blogspot.com/2011/08/angel-number-404.html

It means, 

when you're dying or just real old, 

That Angels are reassuring you that all your hard work, all your efforts have brought you to where you are now,

and you can die happy.

Or the author was misinformed.

404.JPG

Indeed, it was me who has signed a post with Beast 52

Aleph-Nun-Aleph equals 1 + 50 + 1 = 52 referring to

Ana, the first of my first names.

Now to Angel 404, a 3-digit demigod in kabbalistic terms.

Qof-Dalet-Shin equals 100 + 4 + 300 = 404 meaning

Qodesh, 'Holiness'. It could be a reference to Archangel

Seraphiel, the 'Prince of the High Angelic Order', head of

the Seraphim, guardian of the foundation of holiness in

Judaism, haShabbat 707, the Sabbath of Creation (Gen 2).

What you make of it and where you want to go from here

is up to you.

NB. Zero, as mentioned on the Internet, has no meaning in

the kabbalistic tradition and is a modern esoteric invention

to explain what is not understood in its original sense.

Hope this helps.

On 9/11/2018 at 3:36 PM, Reginald_001 said:

Why you shouldn't fear death is explained here. It's on the internet, so it must be true!

Though it is true. Excessive fear of death does indeed prevents to enjoy life, which makes the whole thing meaningless. But hey, preservation instinct is strong on some, ; and wisdom, often limited.

3 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

I always wanted to die fighting for something, like against oppressive leadership. I suppose it's not too late since there is never a shortage of evil dictators in the world.:classic_biggrin:

Why search every low and high,
when good things could not be closer by?

___ J.W. Goethe, Memento

Regime change aka revolution by aliens is no

export hit, it never was. The locals hate that...

On 9/3/2018 at 9:55 PM, Alkpaz said:

The only thing I fear is the pain associated with dying. Burning to dead would be the worst, falling 30K ft and landing would also not be 100% effective since someone was able to survive that. A gun? Same, people have survived gun shot wounds. Aspirin? Aspirin is a blood thinner so imagine the number it does on the stomach, yeah also a "no go". I guess the best way to die would be in your sleep, without you being aware of it. 

Death itself does not scare me, I'm just a coward when it comes to pain. 

what about drowning i think that and dying by a nuclear blast would be the worst

Death is the inverse of birth

We didn't exist before, we exist now and we stop existing when the time comes.

Our presence is just temporary, but look i was scared of death myself a few years ago imagining that what would be like after dying, were will i go and so on, but the thing is: it doesn't matter, we can't stop the course of nature. when the time come we will discover the enigma if there's something or nothing at all.

I'm pretty sure that I'll go to Shai Hulud, the worm.

Bless the maker and his water

Bless the coming and going of him

May his passage cleanse the world

May he keep the world for His people

Then I'll become memory of those that have known me,

my son, my mother, my father and my sister, my bestie,

my dog and my friends. Men will fap for me long after when

the wet dreams come at night. Folks will have problems after

years to visualize me w/o a photo at hand. I'll fade away

slowly, only my genes will echo in the generations to come,

telling the faithful - the Daughter of Man once roamed

among the people. Boorah!

Have a good one!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not afraid of death, but turn the question around and yes I am afraid of living to long... I seriously dread the idea of living as long as many in my family who have died of Natural causes at ages above 100 years. Why is simple as the years go by I see how we as humans seem to be going to a fate worse than death, in life we are losing our ability to connect as people, equals, in compassion and sharing, and our ability to socialize on a "face'to'face" value. (This communication loss especially I see everyday, especially when told quite bluntly "I don't see a difference in a conversation via text message to one in person") It is sad when people believe real communication can be done in such a desensitized environment. 

It is kinda funny that one-day sex really might be like "Demolition Man" I so don't want to be around for that.

Archived