All things Cyberpunk 2077 General Thread

2 hours ago, 27X said:

TW3 had about 40% of the started quests cut and had a graphics downgrade about the same "percent" of then current quality, namely simpler models, less anims and WAY simplified lighting

Yeah. My understanding is that they cut out the entire Catriona plague major quest chain pretty late in the development cycle. Real shame too, it sounded really interesting.

On 7/13/2020 at 5:28 PM, landess said:

I remember the hype, and speculation before Outer Worlds launched. Then it did, and even though it's not yet available on Steam, seems like yesterdays news. Cyberpunk will be no different. Lot's of talk, but after release you won't hear the same response from the public as the Witcher3. Why? Because the Witcher3 was an anomaly among games at the time of release. People are pushing Cyberpunk so hard and expect so much, there's already an outcry and it hasn't even launched - fuckin people kill me.

I regret buying that game. It sucked. I didn't have much interest after I realized that I dumped a ton of money on a game that didn't deserve the price tag given.

Honestly, video games are a coin flip if you decide to pre-order or buy it on launch day (the latter is what I did, big mistake). Now, Fallout 76 is a partial exception, as it got a good update that made me start playing again. That made my pre-order worth playing for once.

5 hours ago, fooob said:

Fallout 76 is a partial exception

The Fallout and Elder Scroll entries have interested me in the past because I knew I could mod them - the online versions I have passed on though. I guess I'll make sure the Outer Worlds is on sale before I check it out - likely sometime in 2021 sounds like......

On 7/8/2020 at 6:21 PM, Koca87 said:

We will see, but they was clear by saying how immersion is important for them and story so First Person is way to go, and how 3rd person would not be the same, by that words then their own game Witcher was not immersive.

Also First Person is not Immersive for all, many many like 3rd person, many many like First Person, also to see your character in inventory or in some Photo Mode that now also maybe is not 100% a thing anymore is not same as in gameplay and in cutscene.

I hope game turn ok, half of my interest drop when i hear is First person only, but if story end up to be boring or not fun, that will drop my interest even more.

It's not something unusual to think or even suggest that first person are more immersive than third person. It's not an absolute answer.

You're assuming polar opposites, where in fact its a spectrum. There's a reason why most immersive sims are in first person (Prey 2, System Shock etc..).

It's not a clear answer, but you can at least understand that having the camera on the characters eyes can convey an illusion of space and grandiosity better than third person. (That is something that most people find it amazing when they mod first person on some games).

22 hours ago, overmanbr said:

It's not a clear answer, but you can at least understand that having the camera on the characters eyes can convey an illusion of space and grandiosity better than third person. (That is something that most people find it amazing when they mod first person on some games).

They can go in first person during dialogues, also in first person you don't see your character facial expressions, that also show a lot about you character emotions and mood in given moment, but again not all going to find First person more immersive for different reasons.

Many can't play first person since they get motion sickness, many connect more with their characters and world if they see it from 3rd person view, many like to customize their own character and then see it in game world, and again to see your character in inventory screen or on mirror is not same as during gameplay in combat or dialogues.

Here is one more funny thing, people who praise CDPR how is good that game is First Person only, started to complain the most when someone said, ok so make driving First person only too, then they find out 10000 different reasons why that is bad how that would be stupid and not fair to people who want different view, then city size was not problem anymore or cammera would not have problem in city and so on. 

On 7/22/2020 at 10:10 AM, Koca87 said:

They can go in first person during dialogues, also in first person you don't see your character facial expressions, that also show a lot about you character emotions and mood in given moment, but again not all going to find First person more immersive for different reasons.

Many can't play first person since they get motion sickness, many connect more with their characters and world if they see it from 3rd person view, many like to customize their own character and then see it in game world, and again to see your character in inventory screen or on mirror is not same as during gameplay in combat or dialogues.

Here is one more funny thing, people who praise CDPR how is good that game is First Person only, started to complain the most when someone said, ok so make driving First person only too, then they find out 10000 different reasons why that is bad how that would be stupid and not fair to people who want different view, then city size was not problem anymore or cammera would not have problem in city and so on. 

There's a lot of problems related to camera that you don't have to deal when making a first-person game. Specially if you're building tight corridors.

Mirror's Edge, Dishonored, Dark Messiah are all games with amazing First Person cameras that would be kinda of ruined if you played on third person.

While i do sympathize with you, not all games should be accessible on every single way. Take a look at Skyrim/Fallout 4, they play fine at first person, but as soon as you hit the third person you see some awful animations with awful gameplay. That's kinda of half-fixed with a bunch of mods, it seems third person was an afterthought, the intended way to play that game is on FPP. I'm pretty sure CDProjekt with all their higher standards would never do that.

My final point is, i think you're misunderstanding, it's not about being fair to other people. I can give you a fuck ton of list of games on third person and talk to you on how about its not fair that i can't play that game on First Person.

The vibe im getting from this argument is like, how it's fair for people that like rock music that i dont hear guitar sounds when hearing Classical Music? As you pointed out, maybe the game is not for you. The forced first-person was a deliberate choice (mostly for gameplay/budget reasons im assuming).

I'm getting the same vibe from a lot of people so I'll say it here: don't use this thread to slam on something that isn't even out yet!

Once it's out, fine. We'll see for ourselves the merits (or lack thereof) of the game. But until then, it comes off as haters hating and trying to justify their own biases. I freely admit to being guilty of the same so don't bother pointing it out.

To be fair people justify First Person only in CP2077 just because is CDPR, and like to give example of bad Third Person from Skyrim/Fallout, it is not same company CDPR can probably do better Third Person animation, hell one of their best game is in Third Person. 

5 hours ago, Koca87 said:

To be fair people justify First Person only in CP2077 just because is CDPR, and like to give example of bad Third Person from Skyrim/Fallout, it is not same company CDPR can probably do better Third Person animation, hell one of their best game is in Third Person. 

We dont know how much time would that consume or what more they would have to cut to make the deadline. 

That was the reason why i said: "I'm pretty sure CDProjekt with all their higher standards would never do that.", they would never do half-baked animations, they would probably mocap a lot of stuff.

We're not justifying FPP only because its CDProkect, the same reason why we're not justifying FPP only on Doom, Prey, Dishonored, The Outer Worlds, Bloodlines II, Borderlands and so on. Even the new Obsidian game that was just announced.

5 hours ago, overmanbr said:

<snip>

Exactly. We don't know what's going on inside CDPR. And after all the attempts by games urinalists to contrive controversy over this game over the most inane and stupid things--the most recent include a deliberate misspelling of a Portuguese word (right [correct, proper]) as an NPC's name and the studio's refusal to add a message supporting BLM to the game--it's getting tiring seeing people trying to bring it down over technical and even role-playing aspects. Unlike nearly every other game studio, CDPR has consistently delivered quality products and hasn't jumped on the anti-consumer, anti-fan train. I'm more willing to give them the benefit of the doubt than I am any other company.

Obsidian's next RPG is called Avowed, BTW.

And yet, they fire their community manager for that big "did you assume my gender" scandal last year, just not to upset SJW and then removed option to pick Male or Female in character creation.

No one say they are bad company, they can create great story, but gameplay is their weakest point, same problem was in Witcher 1, 2 and 3, and even CP2077 all we see is nothing groundbreaking, and this is not just me plenty other people comment on that. 

People think CDPR will never be like any other company, that they will always be great and not greedy, all company started great at some point why people think CDPR won't be the same? i see people justify microtransaction in CP2077 MP just based on fact how if there are some, it is done by CDPR so it is ok. 

Why is ok that game have microtransaction if is done by CDPR, but if another game have microtransaction that is bad?

7 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Unlike nearly every other game studio, CDPR has consistently delivered quality products and hasn't jumped on the anti-consumer, anti-fan train. I'm more willing to give them the benefit of the doubt than I am any other company.

that I'm not laughing!
witcher 1 unplayable.

https://v1.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.949250-Fuck-The-Witcher-1-Seriously-rant

https://steamcommunity.com/app/20900/discussions/0/864975249612317264/

witcher 2 unplayable

https://steamcommunity.com/app/20920/discussions/0/594820473978821857/

The internet is full of such reports, only after the enhanced edition appeared the The Witcher games were playable!

I had to buy both games twice and that at full price!

even The Witcher 3 was to the start full of bugs, so don't say anything about *quality products*.

Spoiler

what CDPR is doing now, CyberPunk is the bottom drawer for me!
it's not an RPG, it's a fucking, future-possible end-time shooter game! :classic_wink:

as Geralt died, died too CDPR!
many people think the same.
but here 3 days ago.

https://www.gamesradar.com/au/the-witcher-4-release-date/

if it doesn't come back then bye bye CDPR. :classic_tongue:

Yeah CDPR said many time that Geralt story is done and new Witcher games will not have Geralt

And yes Witcher games had a lot of bugs, after Witcher 1 the Witcher 3 was most buged game, even after years you still can find some bugs that are in that game, also after one update Witcher 3 stated to have masive problem with stutering that was never fix and i know people had to use 3rd party program to fix that.

6 hours ago, winny257 said:

I, for one, liked how Witcher 1 and 3 played. Admittedly I didn't by either day one and waited until there were complete editions for sale. Witcher 2 is the one title I just couldn't get into and then it was a personal taste thing.

I also never said I expected CDPR to stay the way they are now. Just that for now they're one of the best companies out there and I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Which isn't saying much given the state of the "triple-A" games industry. As soon as any company starts doing things I dislike, I can and will turn on them instantly. I used to be a fan of Bugthesda until FO4, for example. Now I'm praying Providence Equity calls in Zenimax's loans and bankrupts the whole lot of them because they just keep getting worse.

As I've said numerous times in this thread alone, I will not be buying CP 2077 day one. Like the Witcher games, I'm waiting until a complete edition is released for sale so I can get the base game and all the DLC at once in a physical format. I hate digital copies and only download them if I can back them up on physical media. Plus I'm not so naive as to believe a game will be bug free on launch, especially a PC game. Even that's assuming what I see for myself doesn't turn me off of the game entirely before I purchase it.

11 hours ago, Gorosmom said:

Hopefully the new consoles make it look better..    I'm sure multiplayer and mods would later implement in the modding community in Cyberpunk2077

Do you know the saying *the hope dies last*!
what has CDPR released for The Witcher 3 in construction tools, not much, good to see on the existing mods.
it won't be any different for CyberPunk, and for modders it is not so easy to decode the energy.
good example Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Kassandra has now a beautiful naked body ***that was ironic***.
next point *compatibility* you say MultiPlayer, one playing with mods another player uses different mods and others no mods.

that can never work! :classic_wink:

Yeah CDPR hate mods, hell one of community managers openly said how she is so happy when someone lose his save thanks to mods, also mods tool for Witcher 3 was so so bad that in the end one other modder end up making his own tools, also no way they going to let mods in for Multiplayer since it would be to complicated to get it to work with everyone. 

24 minutes ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

A game that's bad without mods will never be good. Even with mods. As for those who expect the game to be easily modded... :classic_rolleyes:

exactly my opinion, a good game doesn't need mods.
but that's not what most are about, they hope for horny sex mods, only unfortunately CDPR shows them here the middle finger. ?

2 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

A game that's bad without mods will never be good. Even with mods. As for those who expect the game to be easily modded... :classic_rolleyes:

The same generally holds true for pen-and-paper RPGs and customized content. The best of the best will be built with customization in mind, however. The more player agency that is allowed in games of this sort, the better. 

On 7/26/2020 at 3:59 PM, Koca87 said:

Yeah CDPR hate mods, hell one of community managers openly said how she is so happy when someone lose his save thanks to mods, also mods tool for Witcher 3 was so so bad that in the end one other modder end up making his own tools, also no way they going to let mods in for Multiplayer since it would be to complicated to get it to work with everyone. 

lol also they are weird liars and renegade too remind this shit to you. We are not getting any of shit he saying "Yes" also they say new RedEngine 3 will be release along with their TW3 (just like they did it in the TW2) but of course it's a bullshit too.

Screenshot .png