All things Cyberpunk 2077 General Thread

Still no new screenshot or gameplay video nothing, just we fixing and polishing the game bla bla bla bla, many are piss about this.

Some build new rigs for CP2077 and spend a lot of money for it, when now they can get same rigs for less money.

Others plan they time off from work just for CP2077.

I bet this year E3 CDPR will again do gameplay demo behind close doors.

I actually wish more video game studios would delay releases to better test and polish their products before release. Assuming that's what they're doing and not pulling a Bugthesda by saying they're doing such when they're really stalling for more time to release an unfinished, broken product. Things like a playable demo would go a long way to assure me they really are finishing it. Especially since a demo would help them uncover bugs and issues they have no way of knowing about without real world testing.

No way we get demo, and people forget that TW3 was delayed 2 times and still came out with a lot of bugs and problems, CP2077 won't be different, also if they don't start to show new gameplay soon more and more people will be piss about it.

I am sure they again will do behind close door demo at E3.

On 1/18/2020 at 2:21 AM, Alkpaz said:

<snip>

Oh, yes. Schreier trying to drum up the very last thing that made him relevant. Unless we're talking BioWare levels of "crunch" (I call it abuse), it's nothing to write about. Crunch happens in every industry when you're making that final push on a project. I wish Yong wouldn't use Kotaku as a reference; they're a joke and they have no signal, just noise.

My god, are those absolute losers still using the crunch-card? Yes, crunch happens near "release"... even on a FKicking birthday party, or the neighbours barbecue. Welcome to life.

There is absolutely no company that has not had to do a crunch/death march at some point. Staying on time all the fucking time is near impossible. Because like a famous person once said, anything that can go wrong will go wrong.

Also, I hope the release (for PC at least if not for all the platforms) look like the first trailer. The deep dive trailer looked balls compared to the first one.

• 2 months later...

CDPR is pushing what's "acceptable" for various regulating bodies and national governments. And I couldn't be happier! Even Australia, notorious for banning certain games unless they're censored, is allowing CP2077 to pass go as is. Still not going to buy this at launch but the absolute fits that moral groups and the perpetually offended will throw is going to be entertainment enough.

On 5/7/2020 at 2:05 PM, Ernest Lemmingway said:

CDPR is pushing what's "acceptable" for various regulating bodies and national governments. And I couldn't be happier! Even Australia, notorious for banning certain games unless they're censored, is allowing CP2077 to pass go as is. Still not going to buy this at launch but the absolute fits that moral groups and the perpetually offended will throw is going to be entertainment enough.

Given the faminazis have full control of their government and everything dictated in that shit hole of a cuntry, I'm truly shocked they'd allow it there. Yet ban GTA V over hooker abuse among a million other things banned.

• 1 month later...

"We have no plans to share at the moment," CD Projekt global community lead Marcin Momot said in a Cyberpunk forum thread dedicated to the topic. "Obviously, we would love to support the modding community in the future, but for the time being we want to focus on releasing the game first. Hopefully, this clears things up a bit."- PCGamer

Sounds like TW3 all over again. TBH though, this is going to be a huge game, so they'll be fixing bugs for a couple of years maybe.

CD Projekt don't really do the whole moddable game thing. However they  have been , (in the past), extremely liberal about allowing modders to use their assets .  Hence the bazzillion music packs with Witcher music in Skyrim. I predict, (using my crystal balls), that on release there will be rapidly a plethora of Fallout 4 mods using the games assets in one shape or another.

ps

Actually I like the idea of Cyberpunk 277 more. Augmented Romans V's the Gaul'ish hoards. 

For what it's worth, Witcher 3 was actually pretty moddable, even though the community had to create their own tools most of the time.

Hell, I wrote my own private companion mod from scratch because nothing on the Nexus did what I want.

If Cyberpunk maintain that level of openness, I think we can expect some cool stuff - especially when it comes to script mods. Nothing to the extent of Skyrim, but probably still pretty impressive all the same.

It looks fairly likely that everyone will either have to lower their expectations or things will be delayed further or both.

Maybe companies will have to accept a common baseline level of graphical fidelity as well as a ceiling on such as well as performance just to be able to get their increasingly more complex games (from a purely technological stand-point, that is) out of the door on a reasonable timescale? Maybe the console approach to the base game is just more manageable?

That or everyone should learn their limits and stop biting off more than they can chew.