Sylandras

All things Cyberpunk 2077 General Thread

On 3/29/2021 at 9:19 PM, Mez558 said:

Ooh a Patch with fixes, lots of fixes -

Wait...

• Fixed an issue that caused NPCs to trip over other NPCs too often.

This was a Bug?!? I thought it was a feature! Brings a smile to my face, even now, thinking about the 'roided out Animals falling over each other like the Keystone Cops.

I will leave it a week or so after release (not that I've played any 2077 in months) I expect a patch this size will introduce some of it's own bugs that will need hotfixes and give modders chance to update the likes of CET.

Oh, this still happens, just not quite as often (such as them faceplanting 3+ times in a row), now they kind of roll off the other NPC and get up. I didn't run into any new bugs, but the r/cyberpunkgame seemed to have a few bug videos already. 

A friends game will no longer run after patch, even to the point that he's gone as far as doing a clean install of the game and it still will not run (from Steam or from REDprelauncher) by his account, it doesn't even start.

Our hardware is more or less the same, he has an i7 6700k (I've got the older 4790k) he has a GTX1080 (I have the 1080ti) but so far his issue is only with 2077.

He's said he has read that others are having the same issue but I cannot find any other complaints of this. Has anyone else seen posts anywhere of others suffering this issue or anything similar?

(game works fine for me, none of my mods worked after the patch but that was to be expected as it was the same with previous patches)

I'm not asking for a diagnosis (unless you had the same issue and resolved it) just has anyone seen any similar stories?

I dont see any "tragedy" in what happened with CDPR. It was just a natural consequence of a imposed consensus which plagues the game industry right now. 

It started with the graphics, which are becoming worse and worse each year. You have chromatic aberration, depth of field and motion blur, which 30% of player population is sensitive to. You also have a yellow-purple filter with low contrast, which makes any game bland and apathic. These features are forced down your throat, and most new games dont have a way to disable them (and when they do, they dont disable them entirely), so the idea is to have you playing for one hour, get sick and then stop playing, to not get addicted to it. The anti-addiction lobby made it that way, because they think shooters make people violent. Then you also have a SJW lobby which like to force these horrible graphics to convey a certain zeitgeist, kind of a "fluoride stare" for games.

This could work for shooters, for short games, but then you have a RPG, where people will spend many hours on it, not just one or two hours of casual gameplay. How can you immerse yourself in a game with motion sickness? The result is that at least 30% of the playerbase will trash it, albeit unconsciously, since they wont relate it to the absolute horrible graphics the industry is delivering these days. They will think it was just the bugs, which themselves are also a result of the same imposed consensus, as now devs, being SJW, are exploited by the big guys, to convey the commie narrative of the exploited worker. 

And devs who dont want to work with these packages (and these deadlines), are first ostracized and then kicked out of the industry. Social media play its part on it, as generation reddit and its horrible censorship shows. And things like onlyfans, kickstarter and patreon adds more fuel to the fire, because its easier to make people have negative feelings, than positive ones. The law of gravity also applies to emotions. 

My biggest disappointment recently was with Greedfall: in just five minutes I had a headache and nearly puked over my keyboard, so bad it was. This coming from a non-AAA game, where the consensus would be (supposedly) less imposing. That's why I stick to old games. 

22 hours ago, Mez558 said:

Our hardware is more or less the same, he has an i7 6700k (I've got the older 4790k) he has a GTX1080 (I have the 1080ti) but so far his issue is only with 2077.

I hadn't tried the game since I beat it a few months back. I was one of those whom had NO issues at all while the rest of the world was crying like a little bitch.

Reading your post and seeing your friends specs began to concern me - I have an i7 6800k and 1080. So I just booted the game a few seconds ago to be 'sure'. No problems - it launched without issue (and looked the same).

On 4/3/2021 at 8:18 AM, Wolfstorm321 said:

You also have a yellow-purple filter with low contrast

Except this filter heightens contrast. Literally why it is used.

On 4/3/2021 at 8:18 AM, Wolfstorm321 said:

fluoride stare

"960 eyeroll"

Maybe just next time just say "DoF and CA and motion blur are garbage"

On 4/3/2021 at 7:18 AM, Wolfstorm321 said:

These features are forced down your throat, and most new games dont have a way to disable them (and when they do, they dont disable them entirely), so the idea is to have you playing for one hour, get sick and then stop playing, to not get addicted to it. The anti-addiction lobby made it that way, because they think shooters make people violent. Then you also have a SJW lobby which like to force these horrible graphics to convey a certain zeitgeist, kind of a "fluoride stare" for games.

Imagine thinking there's some SJW conspiracy to make video games less enjoyable or something. Dude, it's literally just companies following industry fads. They'll eventually do something else when consumers get sick of it and complain in big enough numbers, or if a new game design fad pops up. "The SJWs are ruining my games" is a weak take.

And things like onlyfans, kickstarter and patreon adds more fuel to the fire, because its easier to make people have negative feelings, than positive ones. The law of gravity also applies to emotions. 

idk bro, sounds like you just like being negative.

My biggest disappointment recently was with Greedfall: in just five minutes I had a headache and nearly puked over my keyboard, so bad it was. This coming from a non-AAA game, where the consensus would be (supposedly) less imposing. That's why I stick to old games. 

Take some dramamine and talk to a doctor, maybe?

If you think the visual filters and graphics in current gen games suck, then you're totally allowed to, since that's mostly subjective, but your reasoning for why that is reads like a Kanye West rant.