Windows 7 coming to an end .

Karen1965

16 hours ago, BlueShinobi said:

Windows 7 is basically Vista SP2. Microsoft just decided that Vista's brand image was completely FUBAR, so they made a "new OS" which was literally the exact thing people were already using with a few modifications like removing the charms. Vista started out horrible, and MS slowly fixed it. Windows 7 really is just Vista.

I actually agree with this a lot.

My memory just got refreshed this past week, as I had to deal with a fried motherboard and system disk on my main PC. I had access to a non-essential backup PC that runs Vista, but due to a video driver issue I had to reinstall its Vista before I could proceed.

-The first thing that happens upon accessing the Vista desktop for the first time, is that MS tries to sell you upon its "widgets" idea. No, Go Away. You Suck.

-The first thing that happens upon accessing the W7 desktop for the first time, is that NOTHING happens. You're just using Windows.

Notice the difference? Win Vista to Win 7: "Yeah, we fucked up. Here's something better."

Win 7 To win 10: "Upgrade, or stop being able to fully function"

They want us all corralled in their electronic pen, now.

• 2 weeks later...

Windows Vista was and still is the best operating system the end user ever had.....The main problem was your security settings being too good for the lazy developers...They all bleated about it but no one made the effort..If proof were needed look at the compatibility settings in win 7,..they all say vista!!!!...It was only the security which was to the benefit of all except the developers that everyone with little education whinged about...And so the best secure operating system was consigned to the bin with no one really knowing why,..other than media hype and misinformation.......It reminds me of the old Betamax VHS farce.The superior system lost out because rental companies adopted the latter...and yes the public followed without question,..because someone said so!!!

As a little caveat,...from win 7 up microsoft has a little workaround of your VPN.....You only think you  are safe but ooooh no!!!.Note......from windowa 7 up...Not however Vista..

On 1/17/2019 at 12:36 AM, cybersex2016 said:

Windows 10 is not fine

You said it, I found a report, there Microsoft is compared with the NAZI!

spy-poster.jpg?w=500&e=391e94e73e4f35d3f

https://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Windows-10-Datensammelwut-beherrschen-2774941.html

https://www.chip.de/news/Spionage-durch-Windows-10-So-schalten-Sie-auffaellige-Funktionen-ab_128664288.html

English translation of the German text.

*Among users worried about the privacy of their data, Windows 10 does not enjoy a good reputation: it's been dubbed as Microsoft's biggest data-gathering program ever; Even before Nazi comparisons, critics do not shy away.*

https://imgur.com/gallery/9DoVoix

Please stop the extremes.

Of course Win10 tracks some actions you do.

Most of them are anonymous (not linked to yourself,)

Some are linked with the location you are doing the actions (still not linked with the user.)

Some actions are linked to the users. But the are very limited: failed logins, privilege exceptions, number of password attempts, and something similar. Also another one: login and location with user ID.

Why these? To check for hacking and to check for using illegal installs of Windows. That, in my opinion, it is fair.

On 2/10/2019 at 10:56 PM, CPU said:

Please stop the extremes.

Of course Win10 tracks some actions you do.

Most of them are anonymous (not linked to yourself,)

Some are linked with the location you are doing the actions (still not linked with the user.)

Some actions are linked to the users. But the are very limited: failed logins, privilege exceptions, number of password attempts, and something similar. Also another one: login and location with user ID.

Why these? To check for hacking and to check for using illegal installs of Windows. That, in my opinion, it is fair.

:classic_wink:

Of course, Microsoft operates spying.

https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2015/11/12/microsoft-to-host-data-in-germany-to-evade-us-spying/

and here the extent of Microsoft is clear, not only private users are spied on, no, also authorities, offices, police, etc. 
Sorry German.

https://www.borncity.com/blog/2018/11/16/microsoft-office-spioniert-nutzer-aus-kollidiert-mit-dsgvo/

About Windows 10...

Here's my story with Windows 10 so far.

I haven't had that many crashes, format C's, weird bugs and serious privacy concerns in any Windows until now and I started with 95 when I was young and consider even Vista to be more usable than 10 in some aspects. This is, of course, only my point of view and experiences with this OS differs from person to person.

What made me really, really angry about Windows 10 was the time the infamous 1803 update came out (i think it was this one, i can't remember the exact version). It was pushed out as Microsoft as a BETA version for a limited count of users.

It was first released in the US, then in the biggest European countries, and so on). Microsoft confirmed that they limited the release and did not release it for everybody from the start because they wanted to basically test it in real-life scenarios on user PC's (that's not the whole story but im trying to cut it short here). And anyone who reads IT-related news knows what happened. It was one of the most bugged "Service Patches" Microsoft ever released.

I also used to partially work in IT-support and every single one of our customers had at least a couple of serious problems with the new update. For one customer, it completely broke their local networking and rendered them unable to work for 1-2 workdays, loosing a huge amount of money in the process. A colleague an I had to work overtime until 10pm to finally fix everything. Thank you Microsoft ?

For some reason, my PC got selected to be an "early bird".

I own a pretty good PC with high-quality hardware, my mainboard is the ASUS STRIX Z270F. However, the update completely fucked with it. For some reason, my hardware was completely incompatible. But the new update just decided to ignore this fact over and over again.

After the installation, my PC completely refused to boot up to the point where my system drive even got corrupted and a good amount of the files on it were damaged beyond repair (I had backups because I learned from my time with Vista but I know that a lot of normal users don't do regular backups).

There was no easy way to delay the early beta version and when Microsoft finally opened to update to everyone, things got even worse. My PC would just randomly choose to install it and because of my internet being lightning fast, going away from my PC for even 5mins (to take a shower(actually happened), to make some coffee(also happened)) was enough for the PC to just download the (for me broken) update and reboot to install it. Which, as described above, broke my PC.

The update broke my PC 4 times until i decided to use brute force to disable all kinds of updates.

And believe me, disabling updates under Windows 10 Home is a fucking pain in the ass.

I had to use md5-based process killers, a scheduled task that checks and kills any instances of the windows update service any minute, I even discovered that there is a fucking rootkit-like service on your PC which forces the Microsoft update tool to download and run in random folders and with different md5-signatures to ensure that you somehow get the fucking newest update. I am not kidding you. I ended up having to boot my PC in ubuntu and delete several files and folders to completely prevent this bullshit from happening.

Luckily, the later released 1809 version of Windows 10 finally works.

############

I'm now mainly using Linux on a laptop and Windows solely to play videogames. And with current news - Wine 4.0 fully supporting DX12 and Vulkan - I expect my final departure from Windows to come very, very soon.

TLDR: Windows 10 = Utterly Broken OS with shady and consumer-unfriendly business tactics behind it.

############

Final thought: https://www.winprivacy.de/english-home/

Use this to get rid of everything that annoys you in windows 10, including the spyware-bahavior, OneDrive being omnipotent in explorer, replace Cortana with a local search, remove the windows phone features and system apps you'll never use. You can even delete the fucking Microsoft store and the useless Edge browser completely. With this tool, Windows 10 can almost become like Windows 7.

But please be careful when using it!

This tool also shows all the things that Microsoft tracks with Windows 10 - and for me, thats far too much and throws arguments of defenders of Windows 10 and people who say "its not thaaat bad" right out of the window.

It's bad - period.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrace,_extend,_and_extinguish

This, and also monopolized game dev platform, spying (this is not about checking illegal copies, it is about spying, https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2015/03/19/why-microsoft-is-giving-away-windows-10-to-pirates/#7b0881ab712f. There were also some reports of spontaneous sending images from webcam and screenshots somewhere to MS servers, lazy to find it) and making their sold products unusable after a while, is the reason why should everyone stop supporting W10 and MS itself.

Using W7 or switching to another OS, that's my position.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

latest practices for Win 10, report from 04 April 2019 :classic_wink:

Windows: Fake virus warning on behalf of Microsoft lures in the cost trap!

Suddenly, on your computer, you read the Windows warning "Windows was blocked due to suspicious activity" or something similar. Dubious log-in windows block the browser and apparently no longer allow any action. Instead, you should enter the phone number: .............!

But that's a trap. We explain what to do.

the problem does not come from Microsoft but of criminal elements (deceiver)!

sorry this website is german.

https://www.onlinewarnungen.de/warnungsticker/vorsicht-gefaelschte-viruswarnung-lockt-in-kostenfalle/

• 2 weeks later...

:thumbsup:

"they" offer to help saving my data-why ?

-do I have to await with the next release some scary-routines,

which will cause the win 7 and the data on it to become "killed softly" ?

I only think in a bad way about this procedure-sorry:

This equal with: all people MUST now update win 10 is simply an offensive dictatorship and same time it´s a crime against all customers which once PAYED a HIGH priced operation system which they (preferable gamers) want to keep to work with.

In comparison with a mac O.S. is this way microsoft wents is a chaos. This is no serious behavior of a such mega-multi (M.S.).

In future I can only use a mac O.S. to enter the internet, because microsoft doesn´t like or better is specially not willed because of it´s market-strategy to take care of millions of users, who like to stay on a well working operation system. 

That´s DIGITAL DICTATORY , made in U.S.A.

Primitive, anoying and very, very poor!

p.s. this message happened though I switched off the update system of win 7 some weeks ago

p.s. of course is win 10 your personal spy - o.s. -  anyway is the user by installation of the system ,agreeing to all of it´s terms - the user is being "blended" by a new optical outfit/and it´s improvements (touch-screen support)  and some smart functions, and in the background is your computer being scanned and your customer-behavior-data is being sold in the background by different companies, companies, which we never have read about or never have seen before - this swamp of the major enterprises work all together - at least you need more quick computers for a next O.S. which consume again more electric energy, and this is the LAST what we need on earth: to serve  the platform for M. S. and their payed-friend-enterprises: Raising up speed of our systems for O.S. software and consume again more electric energy by building up the "next-generation-pc" which becomes again, related to this facts, an overall "perverse" process.

lol.JPG

On 4/4/2019 at 11:33 PM, winny257 said:

latest practices for Win 10, report from 04 April 2019 :classic_wink:

Windows: Fake virus warning on behalf of Microsoft lures in the cost trap!

Suddenly, on your computer, you read the Windows warning "Windows was blocked due to suspicious activity" or something similar. Dubious log-in windows block the browser and apparently no longer allow any action. Instead, you should enter the phone number: .............!

But that's a trap. We explain what to do.

the problem does not come from Microsoft but of criminal elements (deceiver)!

sorry this website is german.

https://www.onlinewarnungen.de/warnungsticker/vorsicht-gefaelschte-viruswarnung-lockt-in-kostenfalle/

I dont understand did microsoft hire a hacker to break windows 7 ? to force people to upgrade to windows 10  if so then EU should fine microsoft for illegal practices.

Last month, I was wandering about a hospital ward, because my father was inpatient. They had all of these wheeled nursing consoles. They were running Windows 7.

Yesterday, I went to the bank where the mortgage is kept. I saw a computer in the back. I immediately recognized its default logon screen; It was running Windows 7.

It requires millions and millions of dollars for a major corporation, such as a pharmaceutical corporation, to migrate its systems over to a new OS and receive gov't regulational approval.

Ever heard of "GMP"? Probably not. But if you want to manufacture pharmaceuticals in the US, you better be able to afford it. No startups allowed.

2 hours ago, D_ManXX2 said:

I dont understand did microsoft hire a hacker to break windows 7 ? to force people to upgrade to windows 10  if so then EU should fine microsoft for illegal practices.

have you ever seen, that one crow the other crow, one eye has hacked out?
for me Microsoft is unscrupulous, They go over corpses!
they want with all means, their shitty Win 10 sell.
Over 35% of all PC users still have Win 7 and that's a huge loss for Microsoft! :classic_wink:

What did they expect their shitty windows 10 is not working with allot of games from windows 7 so it is only natural people will cling to an older os just so they can continue to play their favorite games. They wont update since windows 10 is not compatible anymore even programs like acronis was not working under windows 10 and i need that for backup purposes. there is new acronis but i was not going to pay another program so i can use it on windows even though it worked fine on all older os even windows 8.1 just not windows 10.

bsod-at-building.jpg

I stopped updates (group policy) on my Win-7 because as you have read Microsoft is already now on the path changing kernel parts to make games incompatible to windows. This would end in a computer with an up to date windows for daily work and nearby an older windows staying compatible to the games, having to buy 2 licenses for that. Nice for Microsoft, pay even harder for the user.

No way for Win-10 again, had this #### (censored) here for 10 months and it ###### (censored) me that much that i bought a Win-7 license and went back. The ultimate spying machines had delivered 10FPS less than Win-7 while my GPU is sold as optimized for DX-12. The time for maintenance and fixing trash from updates was somewhat annoying. Up to Win 8.1 the world was okay, reliable, fast and designed FOR the user, but Win 10 turned my computer to a weapon in their hands against me.

That's why Linux is my workload OS and i am looking for every opportunity to game on something else. Maybe steam proton can grow.

13 minutes ago, winny257 said:

it becomes time for more competitor, someone who develops a better operating system!
I have the snout full, from Microsoft and its business practices!
we say in Germany *Me stands the water, top edge bottom lip* :classic_wink:

Oberkante-Unterlippe.jpg

Hach, wie schön !!!

Danke Dir,  für den "Volltreffer":-)

Archived