DW UUNP Armor Matching High Heels

9 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

well thats a suprise

replacer 1.1 not merged into bashpatch:

Thief Guildmaster boots => same mesh as Thief Guild boots (=heels) but missing texture (pink) with your mod installed (boots on the pic on my first post)

Blades  => works!

Dragon Bone => works!

Dragon Scale => works!

Dwarf => works!

Eboney => works!

Elven => works!

Glass => works!

Imperial Heavy => works!

Imperial Light => works!

Leather => still vanilla (or i checked the wrong boots? looked for all leather boots)

Orc => works!

Steel plate => mesh works, some texture missing (some pink)

Steel rail => works!

Steel bucked tops (?) => works!

Thieve Guild Basic => works!

Wolf => works!

So these issues should be fixed, thank you for the thorough testing, it really helped.  I found the problem with all 3.  Missing texture file, missing from the .esp and miss assigned textures (in that order).

On 8/27/2018 at 3:19 PM, Blackbird Wanderer said:

Tried both the standalone and replacer versions with the same result; it's as if the records in the .esp file are pointing to the wrong place for the texture files that are clearly there.

I don't think that's it, if that was the case it wouldn't work for anyone (and they would appear pastel pink or blue).  The most similar problem I have run into was when NMM is operating on a separate hard drive than skyrim (ex. skyrim on your C drive ssd, NMM on storage)  NMM will install symlinks instead of the actual texture files to save space.  On one instance  it seemed like it was taking a little long to load in the textures and i got the black textures, they quickly disappeared when I opened racemenu via the "showracemenu" command (or maybe it was just time passing?) 

In summary I'm not sure what causes the black textures you are experiencing.

Some research tell me it could be a vram shortage that causes black textures but I can't confirm.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
5 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

Sweet!

And thx for the UUNP update.

So I wasn't dreaming after all, thought I read somewhere that an update was imminent =D

It was! and then it wasn't. and then it got done. but not really. then really. kind of.

I'm having major issues with the move from 3dsmax 2014 to the new version.  Causes things to show up with black textures when the weight slider is not at 0 or 1.  I pushed out a version on the nexus so I could solicit help and thought I found a solution, but It didn't seem to work. So I'm pretty sure the Nightingale and Dark Brotherhood stuff still don't work right.  There is a work around for the black textures opening and closing racemenu or reloading from desktop with the boots already equipped will make the textures show.

The first version also sucked, I made a mistake that caused crashes when opening the inventory, I discovered this before I even got around to posting it here.  That should be fixed now, but it was another delay.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure this one works, but let me know because I went into this knowing very little about UUNP.

4 hours ago, AreaGamer said:

Does the Replacer version work together with "HDT HighHeels System" or does it only shorten the legs?

The Ni-override system is FAR FAR superior to HDT. It doesn't rely on in game toggles, or enchantments, or produce that weird bug that makes you jump up and down, and it accomplishes the same thing. (it doesn't shorten legs)

• 2 months later...
On 9/30/2019 at 11:56 PM, Darkwing241 said:

The Ni-override system is FAR FAR superior to HDT. It doesn't rely on in game toggles, or enchantments, or produce that weird bug that makes you jump up and down, and it accomplishes the same thing. (it doesn't shorten legs)

Actually HDTHH would be fine if it weren't for the 0.3 second Papyrus update interval that smooshes your game into the ground.

HDTHH properly calculates the height offset based on leg-tilt, (but can only do this every 0.3 secs or slower) where as NiOverride simply sets the offset onto the model, so if you kneel down, you float.

The NiOverride way requires no updates, so much better performance.

The HDTHH way is game performance limited. If your game is loaded, you will get bobbing and odd visual artifacts, however some determined people swear by HDTHH and can't be persuaded against it.

Both have very similar code in the C++ plugin, the difference is that NiOverride offsets once based on the assumption of vertical legs, and leaves it, while HDT keeps re-calculating the override to adjust for leg tilt.

I would rather not have HDTHH anywhere near my game, but Nini inisisted on using it, and the Nini's armors are very nice.

The answer is to hack HDTHH to it behaves more like NiOverride.

The quick fix is that the script is changed to update once per 3 seconds not every 0.3 ... this has some issues though... I think you can guess what.

The next step is to rebuild the C++ so that it assumes a vertical bone no matter what - same maths as NiOverride. Now the update rate is much less important.

This lets you use HDTHH items without crushing your Papyrus script engine with too many updates. 

• 2 weeks later...

8 hours ago, Darkwing241 said:

The conversions are done and they appear to work in my game, make sure you have the most up to date version of my mod, the older versions did not support UUNP.

UUNP! Thanks. Awesome.

For some reason I only had heels 1.5. When I looked at the mod title, it still said 1.2 so I didn't look further.

It's a bit confusing though. Mod is at 1.2 heels are at 1.5, UUNP is at 1.2 ... and what does the TAWoBA file do?

OK - the answer to that is in the "What's new" but that wasn't where I first looked for that info.

I'm not clear if I could install the non-replacer mod, then use the TAWoBA replacer to just replace bikini boots?

I guess I could find that out in Tes5Edit, but that might be a problem for some users.

It would be great if you could add note that, file by file says what each file does, and explain what the versions mean and how you can mix them.

e.g. Why is the heels version different to the UUNP version?

Maybe like a list of dot-pointed items near the top of the page, so even a lazy person will see it before they go to download?

I think that's the main thing anyone who downloads wants to know other than "Yay! Heels!"

I don't know if the UUNP version really needs the pre-made meshes. Could just leave those in the non-UUNP download for those that want them?

The TAWoBA replacer isn't. It adds new items, they are not overrides of the TAWoBA items.

Is this on purpose?

Also, while merging the ESPs into my merge patch, I noticed that some details of the armor items are from unpatched vanilla rather than USLEEP fixed versions.

In this case it's always a light footstep sound where a heavy should be.

Though perhaps for heels you want a heels sound instead?

There's a fun project :)  

I know there's already a heels sound mod that a bunch of outfits use. I forget if it's NiHH compliant though, or whether it's for DHT-HH.

Another USLEEP change is the male model for elven boots swapped from 0 to 1. Not sure exactly what that fixes, but it could be important.

I'll upload a replacer ESP when I'm finished merging...

28 minutes ago, legraf said:

Isn't the Heels Sound project just for SE?  If it's this one.  There's also this ancient one (but still working for some people I gather) on that other mod site.

Still, it would be nice to integrate such sounds with these heels, definitely.

I think there's one on this site that's in a lot of mods, and definitely not SE.

I'm merging my game at the moment, but I'll hunt it up later if you don't find it.

It can be downloaded from LL, I believe. No continual nagging for you to sign up for premium downloads required.

Update...

@legraf if you look in the files for that SE heels mod you linked to, you'll see that there's a download for LE too.

The mod was originally for LE, but then gained SE support (I believe) at least the file history seems to bear this out.

The page for that mod also links to the original sound sources, which you also linked to (the Nexus mod).

If you look at the Nexus mod, the permissions are highly permissive - free use for non-profit.

So it's OK to copy the sound records and assets out of the Nexus mod and use them in a different heels mod.

2 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

@legraf if you look in the files for that SE heels mod you linked to, you'll see that there's a download for LE too.

The mod was originally for LE, but then gained SE support (I believe) at least the file history seems to bear this out.

Oh, that was sloppy of me.  Thanks for scratching beneath the surface.

So, I could tweak DW's high heels to have those appropriate footsteps, but ... @Darkwing241, might you add these sounds to your heels directly in your mod?  It'd be nicely atmospheric!

7 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

The TAWoBA replacer isn't. It adds new items, they are not overrides of the TAWoBA items.

Is this on purpose?

Also, while merging the ESPs into my merge patch, I noticed that some details of the armor items are from unpatched vanilla rather than USLEEP fixed versions.

In this case it's always a light footstep sound where a heavy should be.

Though perhaps for heels you want a heels sound instead?

There's a fun project :)  

I know there's already a heels sound mod that a bunch of outfits use. I forget if it's NiHH compliant though, or whether it's for DHT-HH.

Another USLEEP change is the male model for elven boots swapped from 0 to 1. Not sure exactly what that fixes, but it could be important.

I'll upload a replacer ESP when I'm finished merging...

Hmmm... yuck.  I don't really know what I'm doing beyond model making.  I haven't really done much patch merging, I just use a second .esp that overwrites the armor(for the ground objects) and armoraddons(to point them at my nifs).  It seems to work for me, I'm not seeing duplicates in game or anything.  The Tawoba replacer should work with either DW Heels version

I didn't consider the need for USLEEP at any point really, I'll have to make a run through and look at the differences. All my stuff is just copies of the vanilla boots.

I have a heel sounds with open permissions bookmarked that I plan on figuring out at some point. 

The 0 and 1 weight thing.... ya I have less than zero idea why it's different in like every single place I look.  It doesn't seem to make any difference which weight you point the armoraddon at.  The Elven boots being swapped may have been me dicking around at some point to try to figure out if switching it did anything.

5 hours ago, legraf said:

Oh, that was sloppy of me.  Thanks for scratching beneath the surface.

So, I could tweak DW's high heels to have those appropriate footsteps, but ... @Darkwing241, might you add these sounds to your heels directly in your mod?  It'd be nicely atmospheric!

Yes, current project is sculpting something in iron though.  I'm having a little bit of difficulty getting something that doesn't just look like a remake of k2 heels.  I think I really need to do hide as well for the set to feel complete.

Sound will be happening though, it's literally at the top of the wishlist for my own mod!

7 hours ago, Darkwing241 said:

I didn't consider the need for USLEEP at any point really, I'll have to make a run through and look at the differences. All my stuff is just copies of the vanilla boots.

I have a heel sounds with open permissions bookmarked that I plan on figuring out at some point. 

The 0 and 1 weight thing.... ya I have less than zero idea why it's different in like every single place I look.  It doesn't seem to make any difference which weight you point the armoraddon at.  The Elven boots being swapped may have been me dicking around at some point to try to figure out if switching it did anything.

I think if possible, it's best to use USLEEP fixed values, as almost everyone uses USLEEP and if your mod effectively unpatches it, it's a bother. I find myself fixing this in my merges a lot due to some mod overwriting USLEEP with an old, slightly wrong, vanilla value.

I suggest you use the TAWoBA ESP I uploaded, as the one you made will create duplicate items for sure. Its form IDs are not form IDs from TAWoBA but from itself.

Maybe you loaded the ESP into the CK to tinker with it after creating it? The CK breaks things like that sometimes.