Sexy Vanilla Armors Circulated in Skyrim (CIS)

4 hours ago, AerowynX said:

Maybe just enchantments for the core pieces would be better solution like just the core 4 instead all the smaller ones

And where'd the fun be in that? That might be good for an initial release, but I'd like to eventually offer complete sets of enchanted bikini gear.  It's a mod that I'll need to do more testing with, but my hands are a bit full at the moment.

Last night I ditched Spunk 'n' Junk in favor of Girl's Heavy Armor CIS, which is actually coming along quite well. I just need to finish adding enchanted gear to leveled lists, and distribute its masks with helmet-related leveled lists. I think that Girl's Heavy Armor CIS will be ready for release by the end of the day. I've run into a few problems regarding leveled lists, but I came up with a solution last night.

When it comes to "Use All" type leveled lists, I need to use custom leveled lists to allow the game to choose between armors. Problem being, these custom leveled lists make CIS patches incompatible with each other, and I'm not sure if the problem can be resolved via Bashed Patches. If I were to create a "master CIS file" containing every custom leveled list I use, it would be possible to make all CIS patches play nicely with each other, and allow for maximum item distribution in Skyrim. It would also be possible to make a master CIS file with Outfit Template replacers that are accessible by all CIS patches. This would mean that my patches would take up at least one mod in your loader, but I think it would be worth it considering the loot-related gains.

2 hours ago, Nretsmah said:

And where'd the fun be in that? That might be good for an initial release, but I'd like to eventually offer complete sets of enchanted bikini gear.  It's a mod that I'll need to do more testing with, but my hands are a bit full at the moment.

Last night I ditched Spunk 'n' Junk in favor of Girl's Heavy Armor CIS, which is actually coming along quite well. I just need to finish adding enchanted gear to leveled lists, and distribute its masks with helmet-related leveled lists. I think that Girl's Heavy Armor CIS will be ready for release by the end of the day. I've run into a few problems regarding leveled lists, but I came up with a solution last night.

When it comes to "Use All" type leveled lists, I need to use custom leveled lists to allow the game to choose between armors. Problem being, these custom leveled lists make CIS patches incompatible with each other, and I'm not sure if the problem can be resolved via Bashed Patches. If I were to create a "master CIS file" containing every custom leveled list I use, it would be possible to make all CIS patches play nicely with each other, and allow for maximum item distribution in Skyrim. It would also be possible to make a master CIS file with Outfit Template replacers that are accessible by all CIS patches. This would mean that my patches would take up at least one mod in your loader, but I think it would be worth it considering the loot-related gains.

bashed patch should be able to handle multiple CIS patches fine i'd think, id assume anyone messing with leveled list stuff should be making a bashed patch anyway:) 

oh also not sure if you know these sites but they are good resources for new armors https://eskrimmods.blogspot.com/ and https://www.tesgeneral.com/armor

3 minutes ago, AerowynX said:

bashed patch should be able to handle multiple CIS patches fine, id assume anyone messing with leveled list stuff should be making a bashed patch anyway:)

oh also not sure if you know these sites but they are good resources for new armors https://eskrimmods.blogspot.com/ and https://www.tesgeneral.com/armor

The thing is, I'm not sure if a Bashed Patch will be able to deal with modified "use all" type leveled lists. Instead of referencing single objects, I've told them to reference custom leveled lists. . . actually, now that I've put more thought into it. . . I can make CIS patches play nicely with each other by giving all of them a set of "universal" custom leveled lists. That way, they will be able to be combined via Bashed Patches, and there really isn't any need for a "master CIS file". 

Thank you for those links! I'll have a good time lookin' through them. Maybe I'll pick out a few side projects as I work on bigger patches.

51 minutes ago, Nretsmah said:

The thing is, I'm not sure if a Bashed Patch will be able to deal with modified "use all" type leveled lists. Instead of referencing single objects, I've told them to reference custom leveled lists. . . actually, now that I've put more thought into it. . . I can make CIS patches play nicely with each other by giving all of them a set of "universal" custom leveled lists. That way, they will be able to be combined via Bashed Patches, and there really isn't any need for a "master CIS file". 

Thank you for those links! I'll have a good time lookin' through them. Maybe I'll pick out a few side projects as I work on bigger patches.

:)

2 hours ago, AerowynX said:

:)

I hope that once get my CIS patches in good working order (with DLC support) that I can add custom enchantments, hopefully balanced with vanilla enchantments. I think it would also be cool to distribute gear in actual world spaces. 

13 minutes ago, Nretsmah said:

I hope that once get my CIS patches in good working order (with DLC support) that I can add custom enchantments, hopefully balanced with vanilla enchantments. I think it would also be cool to distribute gear in actual world spaces. 

sounds great :) there is definitely no shortage of equipment in Skyrim but definitely only a small collection that actually add enchanted variants into the leveled lists.. although guess many just use https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73094 but that mod unfortunately does not work in SSE

4 hours ago, AerowynX said:

sounds great :) there is definitely no shortage of equipment in Skyrim but definitely only a small collection that actually add enchanted variants into the leveled lists.. although guess many just use https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73094 but that mod unfortunately does not work in SSE

Holy wow, that's one feature packed mod. It's great what scripts can do, but I worry about balancing and how/when I find my loot. I get that my CIS patches can arguably be considered obsolete with the presence of loot-related scripts, but I think that my hand-done item distribution fills a few niche purposes.

3 hours ago, AerowynX said:

another good set for CIS is this one https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76522

Gee, you just keep on givin' and givin' great links! I'm very eager to see what this mod has in store. I've been skimming other armor packs and seeing some gear that I wouldn't mind in my game, although I'm falling a bit behind on mod testing.

I think that I'm going to delay my Girl's Heavy Armor CIS patch release for at least a day. I think that making a "CIS Master File" might actually be necessary. I will need to perform some changes to Sexy Vanilla Armor CIS and Girl's Heavy Armor CIS. This so called "Master File" would contain data which all CIS patches will reference, and will allow them to work together (ideally) without hitches. It will also allow me to release versions of CIS patches with Outfit Replacers, something that I think will only be possible with universal, custom leveled lists (provided by the "Master File"). In addition, I have a little bit of testing that I'd like to do before releasing my next mod.

6 hours ago, AerowynX said:

Also for us SSE types many of the script mods like worlds Dawn and lootification don't really work so having these CIS are greatly appreciated:)

I'm suprised that they haven't been converted to SSE. Is it easier said than done? 

5 hours ago, AerowynX said:

Seems others that tried anything similar also made some sort of master file..there is the effortless leveled list one but that does editing through CK and that one from here linked earlier both require a master file 

Unfortunately, I think that it's in my best interest to make CIS core files. They'd be useful for because 

A) They'd allow editing of leveled lists with the "use all" property

B)  They'd allow CIS files to be installed with optional Outfit Template replacers

C) They'd save time on future CIS projects, by allowing me to skip making custom lists and effects. In addition, they would also serve as a repository of vanilla IDs needed for CIS patches. 

D) They'd expidite rebalancing custom item effects. If I needed to tweak say, a custom "Spellsword" Object Effect, I'd only have to tweak the core files rather than every individual CIS patch. This will also make testing CIS patches much quicker.

It just seems as though core files are the way to go moving forward. I was hoping to avoid using an esp, but I imagine that you could easily merge the core files into another esp with some advanced mod finangling. I just hope the CIS patches will be worth a mod slot, hah

ithere are two lootification SSE uploads on nexus and haven't had any luck with either.. and not sure why worlds dawn isn't able to be ported..

I think many will more than happy to use a mod spot for a CIS patch :)   

i'm looking to add in some armors for OBIS and Deadly Wenches as those are my two main mods that add in random human enemy NPCs 

5 minutes ago, AerowynX said:

ithere are two lootification SSE uploads on nexus and haven't had any luck with either.. and not sure why worlds dawn isn't able to be ported..

I think many will more than happy to use a mod spot for a CIS patch :)   

i'm looking to add in some armors for OBIS and Deadly Wenches as those are my two main mods that add in random human enemy NPCs 

I'm not experienced when it comes to scripting, but perhaps it isn't as easy as it sounds. If I recall correctly, there was a need for SKSE to be converted for SSE? Maybe these loot mods would have to be redone from scratch.. But again, I wouldn't know.

Fortunately, I think it'll only take one mod slot for all CIS patches. That mod slot will be for core files, and I think that other CIS files will be still be mergeable into Bashed Patches.

I'll give OBIS an install later, and take a look into it's files. I suppose I'll do the same for Deadly Wenches.  I imagine that it won't be very difficult to make CIS patches for other mods, particularly with the presence of core files to speed things up. But that won't be until I get said core files and my two CIS patches in good working order.

16 minutes ago, Nretsmah said:

I'm not experienced when it comes to scripting, but perhaps it isn't as easy as it sounds. If I recall correctly, there was a need for SKSE to be converted for SSE? Maybe these loot mods would have to be redone from scratch.. But again, I wouldn't know.

Fortunately, I think it'll only take one mod slot for all CIS patches. That mod slot will be for core files, and I think that other CIS files will be still be mergeable into Bashed Patches.

I'll give OBIS an install later, and take a look into it's files. I suppose I'll do the same for Deadly Wenches.  I imagine that it won't be very difficult to make CIS patches for other mods, particularly with the presence of core files to speed things up. But that won't be until I get said core files and my two CIS patches in good working order.

OBIS adds a TON of npcs and has about 50 outfit records too

24 minutes ago, AerowynX said:

OBIS adds a TON of npcs and has about 50 outfit records too

Yes, so I've heard. I've had a look at OBIS before, but I haven't tried it out yet. On my "to-do" list, I plan on making my own take on a bandit overhaul mod, one that'll take inspiration from the Borderlands series. Creating outfit replacers for OBIS could take some time, as (I think) OBIS makes use of custom assets. It could take some additional testing to make sure everything works out.

59 minutes ago, Nretsmah said:

Yes, so I've heard. I've had a look at OBIS before, but I haven't tried it out yet. On my "to-do" list, I plan on making my own take on a bandit overhaul mod, one that'll take inspiration from the Borderlands series. Creating outfit replacers for OBIS could take some time, as (I think) OBIS makes use of custom assets. It could take some additional testing to make sure everything works out.

anything I can help with let me know:) I don't have tons of experience with leveled list but pretty decent with xedit, wyre bash, mator smash, merge plugins and converting mods to SSE and such

8 hours ago, AerowynX said:

anything I can help with let me know:) I don't have tons of experience with leveled list but pretty decent with xedit, wyre bash, mator smash, merge plugins and converting mods to SSE and such

Thank you :)

You've actaully been a great help already. Talkin' to you keeps my "creative juices" flowin', and helps keep me motivated. All of those links you've provided have given me a whole buncha inspiration and ideas for future CIS releases.

As it stands, I think I've got everything under control. Although, once I have some "finalized" or "near finalized" CIS mods, I wouldn't mind having them converted to SSE usable formats. I'm not aware of how to do so, and beginning modders may also be unaware of the process. I'd happily host SSE-converted patches (with due credit of course).

For any CIS patches that you do use, I'd greatly appreciate reports on typos and null references. I've checked my work three or four times, but I wouldn't be surprised if I've made a few mistakes here and there.

Also, I'm totally open to hear (or um, read) about mods that could benefit from CIS patches. I'm hoping to expand to weapons and other mods that add items. I like to think that the Skyrim community will appreciate these patches. I'm honestly surprised that something like them doesn't already exist.

I'm also open to ideas regarding custom enchantments. One idea I have is a "Spellsword" enchantment. Perhaps you could find something like Elven Gauntlets of the Major Spellsword, which would boost magicka regeneration and the one handed skill. 

Sounds good:) and yeah I can do the converts no problem...did have question how do you determine if an armor set won't display invisible on male character..I noticed in xedit there is the world model link that usually has male form filled but usually just points to the mods armor nif... I know there are some pieces in the DesertX collection that will make male characters invisible in the part they are wearing but not sure how you link that so if male tries to equip the item it displays something else

6 hours ago, AerowynX said:

Sounds good:) and yeah I can do the converts no problem...did have question how do you determine if an armor set won't display invisible on male character..I noticed in xedit there is the world model link that usually has male form filled but usually just points to the mods armor nif... I know there are some pieces in the DesertX collection that will make male characters invisible in the part they are wearing but not sure how you link that so if male tries to equip the item it displays something else

Coolio! When I'm testing for male/female models, I use AIM (AddItemMenu) to spawn in the gear in question. Then I try them out in-game on male and female "disposable" characters. I also check armor mods out in TES5Edit and look for male and female models in there. I have a hypotheses on how to prevent Inviso-bodies. If I were to insert an address to a male model, (perhaps a vanilla model), then I could prevent the invisible body issue. I haven't needed to test this idea yet. 

On another note, my Girl's Heavy Armor patch is coming alone pretty well. I'm thinking about not distributing this mod's masks and head gear. It does not show up on male characters.

Sexy Vanilla Armors is being reworked to use my CIS Core files instead of it's own leveled lists. Once that's out of the way, I'll be releasing Sexy Vanilla Armor CIS v2.0, Girls Heavy Armor CIS v1.0 and CIS Core v1.0. If they aren't ready by the end of tonight, I'm confident they'll be ready tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, AerowynX said:

Awesome looking forward to the updates..in xedit which path is specific for male/females is it the world model one? I noticed a good portion of bikini armors only have a path for male world model in that field

Funny thing is, I've noticed that Girl's Heavy Armor is the same way. I'm not entirely sure how male and female models are stored in Skyrim. Maybe there's a guide somewhere that discusses this issue.

7 hours ago, AerowynX said:

oh i found it.. under the armor addon section.. so i'm assuming if the armor has no male counterpart i could just put a vanilla path for whatever type of armor in there instead

Ah, I haven't thought about peeking in there.

7 hours ago, AerowynX said:

so if you look here https://imgur.com/VJcTfbA  the male version links to the default nordplate

looking through them all the BDO and Tera stuff have corrently linked male counterparts.. only really the DesertX collection has nothing set up for it.. that collection isn't massive so wouldn't be to hard to fix that

This is actually really helpful, thanks a bunch! This will definitely be really useful. This will make distributing some female-only (or male-only) gear in NPC-related leveled lists a more viable option. Also, the screenshot is much appreciated.

1 hour ago, Nretsmah said:

Ah, I haven't thought about peeking in there.

This is actually really helpful, thanks a bunch! This will definitely be really useful. This will make distributing some female-only (or male-only) gear in NPC-related leveled lists a more viable option. Also, the screenshot is much appreciated.

i just tested this out on the Deserter X mod and it works.... if you have two xedits open and bring up sexy bikini armors on one and whatever mod on the other it makes it go faster as sexy bikini has the paths to most the standard generic equipment for males so was easy copy and paste..  most armors only have 3-4 parts but for armors that have like 7 parts just using the main cuirass model for all the extra parts that aren't gloves, boots, helmet, and body seems to work fine. If you take a look at amazing world of bikini that is how they did it on that mod all those extra inbetween pieces just link to the cuirass for whatever armor equivalent you are using for that set