Use any shouts you have learned

Use any spells you have learned

The player Doppelganger conflicts with HDT hair

Skyrim Unhinged

(Works with LE and SE editions)

(0 Scripts)

dopple10.jpg.1812407149728a470846034c71a640ae.jpg

Introducing Doppelgängers :
Doppelgängers are not an easy enemy, they will level up 2 to your 1, sometimes 3 to 1:
If your level 1 they will be level 2
If your level 10 they will be level 20
If your level 50 they will be level 100

So decide a strategy

20180818194249_1.thumb.jpg.af0ed577d924d137cfef01fabf318a7d.jpg

(Will she jump to her death?)

Description

Skyrim Unhinged takes Skyrim in a darker direction. This is a light weight mod, with 0 impact to your game performance. 

This adds variance to Skyrim the works into your playthru flawlessly. Adding some NPCs to places usually bare in Skyrim. Events that I have added, you may witness a suicide, maybe the dark brotherhood starts to send assassins into the city to have you killed or you might just stumble onto a gruesome scene of the innocent used in a ritual. 

There will be more added weekly, some updates faster than others, but the good news is this mod is a ESP file only, no scripts, there will be no need for a clean save for a update, just plug in and go.

The events, ambushes ect, are not overdone in this mod, they are spread out and will work into whatever playthru you are doing.

Skyrim will not be so predictable now!

I started from Whiterun and worked my way outward from there, most of the Ambushes, new enemies and new NPCs are in Whiterun hold at the moment but are increasingly spreading outwards

20180815215400_1.thumb.jpg.f14b5e6d0c90f4e05109df07739fe64a.jpg

(Sometimes the enemy is Watching you)

What this mod adds:

•  Enemy Ambushes
  •  Events such as suicide and child sacrifice
  •  Friendly NPCs that may turn on you
  •  New Followers/Marriage potentials (You have to find them in your travels, they are not just sitting around a Inn waiting for you)
  •  Enemies that were usually only found in certain caves and quest may now be encountered in the wild
  •  Unpredictability in many situations 
  •  New Enemies
  •  Rabid Animals
  •  Assassin attempts on you in the city
  •  New enemies are unleveled
  •  Some houses you break into already have a thief raiding the home and they are not too happy so see you
  •  and more I cannot give it all away :)

20180815231435_1.thumb.jpg.a46a2a82ab222d53c7730cec5aa93b01.jpg

(Not all merchants reach their destination)

Requirements

Skyrim, Update, Dawnguard, Dragonborn

A little more

Skyrim Unhinged uses all assets available from the game itself, the new NPCs created DO NOT have the Blackface bug, the new NPCs use already existing face gen data from the original game. With that said, if you download a mod like prettier bandits your new NPCs from Skyrim unhinged will take on a much different look, still with no Blackface Bug.

20180815225616_1.thumb.jpg.6e9a1775dd317ad31f1ec654f08ccc9c.jpg

(Not everyone is a enemy in the wild)

Conflicts

HDT hair conflict

This is a link to a Japanese web site that has the SKSE file for the HDT invisibility fix, I will not upload the file here becasue whoever made this file a couple years ago removed it from the modding sites, so to me it is not my place to upload it, but you can download it, its a Japanese site, just click MediaFire Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4zc68botnz2z6ix/HdtInvisibilityFix_0_11_beta-77815-0-11beta.7z

CREDITS for finding this link go to markdf

The new NPCs used in farms, towns ect, mimic corresponding NPCs in the game so even eif someone moved a farm, or change the location of a house, the NPCs added from Skyrim Unhinged will go to the area they were intending.

Yes this works with Immersive Creatures, Travelers of Skyrim, Inconsequential NPCS, Expanded Towns and Cities, Tes v Arena, and any other mod. This mod tackles areas that have been left untouched in Skyrim

(people who always fast travel thru the game will not see as much as people who manually travel to their next location)

Credits

Ashal for Loverslab

EinarrTheRed for advice that saved me hours of frustration

onesumgame  for testing and feedback

GenioMaestro  for testing and feedback

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    08/18/2018
  • Category
  • Requires
    Skyrim, Update, Dawnguard, Dragonborn
  • Special Edition Compatible
    Yes

View File

27 minutes ago, MayDayCray said:

Will thieves try to rob your house? What if you're already home? What if you're sleeping and at home?? Tell me it's true!! lol

lol, not yet, and I am not sure I will add that, but, assassins may enter your house and try to kill you

24 minutes ago, tedii said:

Are these events radiant? I.e. you may stumble across the same event in a different location multiple times? Or more like a scripted event that only happens once?

no, so far events I have made are one and done. Certain enemies will reappear when the cell respawns but thing like the suicide happen once, with No Repawn checked on the npc, but if you see something that shouldn't have happened twice please let me know

33 minutes ago, MayDayCray said:

That would be dope if you did. I would certainly change things up

Things similar will happen, once I am done there will not be a safety zone in Skyrim, but I will not overdo it so its still immersive :)

4 minutes ago, nigwriter said:

I'm testing the hell out of this thing, right fucking now.  OMG, this mod has massive potential.

Great, there is a lot more to do, I have just begun, but there is a lot in there already. Some thing will happen and you will not even realize its from this mod, like being ambushed by a werewolf, or a dremora. I know some people will have issues when they find a werewolf eating a child, or a Hagraven sacrifices a child and throws him/her down the cliff in front of you but there are dark things that happen 

I already have a update ready, but will wait till tomorrow so I can add a few more things :)

Love the idea of this mod Caden, am downloading it now. Random attacks, suicides, sacrifices....all add up to grim realism and not uncommon in the era this game is set in.

"I know some people will have issues when they find a werewolf eating a child, or a Hagraven sacrifices a child and throws him/her down the cliff in front of you but there are dark things that happen "

Kudos for touching on the less 'polished and pretty' realities of a harsh Skyrim. Looking forward to playing this as with all your mods. ;)

Keep up the good work!

Please keep in mind there is a lot more to come, another update adding new content will be here this afternoon adding more ambushes , I would answer back every comment but I am using my phone to comment right now and would take me forever ?

Looks real interesting thought I would comment here as the Nexus gets butt-hurt over speaking your mind.....Always look for ways to make the game more interesting and challenging without being a slave or have some crazy requirements to make work simple is often better. I wonder if this would play well with Deadly Wenches not sure I can give up my wench mods they make Skyrim fun and impossible to play without a follower to help out... That was what I always thought was missing in Skyrim was the real need for a follower because in no time your PC can overpower most enemies alone hence why i use the Wenches Mods walking into a bandit camp with Deadly Wenches alone means you will die lol. Think I will try this on a older save to see how it works and if works well will try to use RUN DB RUN as well.... Current game play now with my mods I use makes it impossible to play without at least two followers as being alone will be the end of the PC unless you use TGM and I don't.

Here is a little gem of a mod if you find the nights too quite in Skyrim https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/74102/ 

23 minutes ago, woodsman30 said:

Looks real interesting thought I would comment here as the Nexus gets butt-hurt over speaking your mind.....Always look for ways to make the game more interesting and challenging without being a slave or have some crazy requirements to make work simple is often better. I wonder if this would play well with Deadly Wenches not sure I can give up my wench mods they make Skyrim fun and impossible to play without a follower to help out... That was what I always thought was missing in Skyrim was the real need for a follower because in no time your PC can overpower most enemies alone hence why i use the Wenches Mods walking into a bandit camp with Deadly Wenches alone means you will die lol. Think I will try this on a older save to see how it works and if works well will try to use RUN DB RUN as well.... Current game play now with my mods I use makes it impossible to play without at least two followers as being alone will be the end of the PC unless you use TGM and I don't.

Here is a little gem of a mod if you find the nights too quite in Skyrim https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/74102/ 

Yes this will work with deadly wenches, Everything in Skyrim Unhinged is made to work on its own without interfering with other mods, run DB run will work with it as well but will make your game really hard 

Night ambushes when sleeping in the open are definitely a good idea for something to add here.

The main thing I worry about is the same as with all such mods which add encounters, random enemies, or traveller NPCs, such that they happen TOO often and therefore become tedious, expected (instead of surprising) and make Skyrim feel like a crowded place with no wilderness to speak of.

2 minutes ago, Durante said:

Good mod. What do you think about more highway bandits blocking the road demanding toll? Just like on the Valtheim towers

Thanks , and that is a good Idea to implement into this :)

13 minutes ago, SmedleyDButler said:

Night ambushes when sleeping in the open are definitely a good idea for something to add here.

The main thing I worry about is the same as with all such mods which add encounters, random enemies, or traveller NPCs, such that they happen TOO often and therefore become tedious, expected (instead of surprising) and make Skyrim feel like a crowded place with no wilderness to speak of.

That is a great Idea, this does not have traveling NPCs or radiant encounters. These are actually ambushes, you will not see the enemy all the time, they will come up behind you, and the trigger boxes to make these happen I am setting to happen once, and not again. This is very spread out, and is not along the roads, this is out in the plains of Skyrim, also adding some ambushes to common dungeons..like Bleak falls barrow, that will be in the upcoming update

Other encounters as well that have nothing to do with enemies. like the photo shows, a woman on the edge of the cliff and she jumps to her death in front of you, committing suicide, for immersion, note may be left and such, to each situation. you might go a few hours in game before seeing anything this added

3 hours ago, -Caden- said:

That is a great Idea, this does not have traveling NPCs or radiant encounters. These are actually ambushes, you will not see the enemy all the time, they will come up behind you, and the trigger boxes to make these happen I am setting to happen once, and not again. This is very spread out, and is not along the roads, this is out in the plains of Skyrim, also adding some ambushes to common dungeons..like Bleak falls barrow, that will be in the upcoming update

Other encounters as well that have nothing to do with enemies. like the photo shows, a woman on the edge of the cliff and she jumps to her death in front of you, committing suicide, for immersion, note may be left and such, to each situation. you might go a few hours in game before seeing anything this added

Sounds decent.

I think that if you play long enough, vanilla encounters become very familiar for most people so another idea might be REDUCING the frequency of certain vanilla encounters, for example, the bandits dressed as imperials, or the laughably ineffectual DB assassin attacks in broad daylight (yes, I know there's mods for that last one). So mods which add new encounter content are most welcome, but at the same time, I try to remember that I already have some mods like this and too many together makes Skyrim too crowded and makes travelling a chore. I've uninstalled a number of encounter-adding mods for this reason.

A few hours between encounters sounds great (is this affected by changed player time scales? Like many folks I play with a lengthened day, although I just stretch things a little, unlike those who make time 2:1 or even full real time).

Another question is, would night encounters be an issue for those using campfire?

You might also get some further ideas from a recent Nexus mod called Immersive Encounters. It's something I'm keeping an eye on and it has some great encounters in it, but it seems very buggy from the comments (some encounters glitching out, regular game NPC's disappearing - even though the mod makes clones and doesn't actually use the real NPCs for its encounters, and some encounters happening way too frequently) and the author seems unwilling to investigate if these are due to the mod itself or some conflict.

6 minutes ago, SmedleyDButler said:

Sounds decent.

I think that if you play long enough, vanilla encounters become very familiar for most people so another idea might be REDUCING the frequency of certain vanilla encounters, for example, the bandits dressed as imperials, or the laughably ineffectual DB assassin attacks in broad daylight (yes, I know there's mods for that last one). So mods which add new encounter content are most welcome, but at the same time, I try to remember that I already have some mods like this and too many together makes Skyrim too crowded and makes travelling a chore. I've uninstalled a number of encounter-adding mods for this reason.

A few hours between encounters sounds great (is this affected by changed player time scales? Like many folks I play with a lengthened day, although I just stretch things a little, unlike those who make time 2:1 or even full real time).

Another question is, would night encounters be an issue for those using campfire?

You might also get some further ideas from a recent Nexus mod called Immersive Encounters. It's something I'm keeping an eye on and it has some great encounters in it, but it seems very buggy from the comments (some encounters glitching out, regular game NPC's disappearing - even though the mod makes clones and doesn't actually use the real NPCs for its encounters, and some encounters happening way too frequently) and the author seems unwilling to investigate if these are due to the mod itself or some conflict.

These encounters are NOT radiant, this is not like other encounter mods, I made custom npcs, for this, custom areas, no NPCS traveling,, these events are one and done and are spread out very far.

I use immersive encounters and haven't had a issue yet but this is nothing like that.

A lot of this is a ambush, in cells to make the game unpredictable again, you think your sneaking up on a bandit but, one is behind you already and you do not realize it till its too late.

" I try to remember that I already have some mods like this"

No you don't. I searched for 3 weeks to try and find a mod that does what this does and haven't found one yet, the closest one so far is Interesting NPCs, but he did way more, This is NOT just a encounter mod.

Night encounter will not be a issue for Campfire. this is not that kinda encounter mod, that you go to sleep and wake up and 5 bandits drop around you, this is events or ambushes that happen in certain places, off the road, out in the wilderness :)

They are having a debate at nexus on the mod page right now because someone already has a issue with the woman from this mod that leaps off a cliff and commits suicide in front of you so not sure how long it will be there anyways

but again this is NOT  a radiant encounter mod