Commercialization of the Music Industry- How Much of this Will Happen to Video Games?

KoolHndLuke

On 9/12/2018 at 12:43 PM, shencereys said:

But to this point, procedurally generated anything is usually hollow and devoid of creativity, except where the developers have specifically intervened (at level xyz npc abc will show up and offer n quests, which I have preformulated).  A pure roguelike with no human interventions would be essentially a slot machine with more interactive outcomes.  While those appeal to some, they don't to others.

I don't know about that, the generated dungeons in Daggerfall were spectacular, the landscape not so much.  I think an AI could do better on both counts.

16 hours ago, joemonco said:

I don't know about that, the generated dungeons in Daggerfall were spectacular, the landscape not so much.  I think an AI could do better on both counts.

Yeah, because the human programmers put all that stuff in the game and told the engine what to use out of a list- that they already knew would look/play good. An A.I. cannot determine or comprehend what looks "cool" on its own- only humans can determine that.

You can teach a computer how to make what some of us might consider "art", but, you sure as hell can't teach a computer how to appreciate it. See my point?

Archived