theposhmudcrab

3 hours ago, wokking56 said:

You want an actual solution OK here goes. Everyone (male, female, black, white, feminist, conservative, liberal or what the hell ever you may be) get the F over yourself. Live and let live, quit trying to cram your brand of BS down my throat and I'll do the same and last but not least live by the "golden rule" treat people the way you wish to be treated. That is and has always been the only solution, but since it is a simple and actually easy solution it will never happen. Everyone forgets the golden rule in the new "me first" society.

Exactly, you make due with what you have and stop fuckin worrying about what you don't. People bemoaning their supposed pathetic predicament while still being able to do what they want, own nice things, have full control over their mental faculties and body, fall in love and maybe get their little hearts broken, have no fucking clue what it is like when all those things are taken away through one means or another.

A man cannot make a woman understand what it is like to be them any more than a woman trying to do the same. In some ideal situations, we men and women can share some blissful time together with little or no worry about anything else and actually compliment each other in many ways. So for fucks sake would everyone just find a comfy middle ground, kiss and have some much needed "Honey, i'm sorry" wild make-up sex?:tongue:

1 hour ago, Alkpaz said:

Speaking about sociopaths:

[video clip]

Are we communicating with the help of video clips now to express our thoughts?

Well...

[uploaded by me]

[in English: Men are the least of my problems]

8 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Cue one sociopath who exploits the golden rule to hell and back.

How am I a sociopath? First off that would require me to be anti-social, I am at least on here interacting with others so that's out. Secondly I would need to be without a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience. If that were true I wouldn't even care that people are shitting all over each other yet I do, so again that's out. Sorry but I just can't take you seriously. I mean really, resorting to name calling what are you like 8 years old? If you were at least pointing out a statement I made eluding to my alleged sociopathic ways I could except that.

21 minutes ago, wokking56 said:

How am I a sociopath? First off that would require me to be anti-social, I am at least on here interacting with others so that's out. Secondly I would need to be without a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience. If that were true I wouldn't even care that people are shitting all over each other yet I do, so again that's out. Sorry but I just can't take you seriously. I mean really, resorting to name calling what are you like 8 years old? If you were at least pointing out a statement I made eluding to my alleged sociopathic ways I could except that.

what

I mean what even

How do you think I was calling you a sociopath? I just said it takes one sociopath to abuse the rather simple solution 'be nice to each other' for it to fall apart.

7 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

what

I mean what even

How do you think I was calling you a sociopath? I just said it takes one sociopath to abuse the rather simple solution 'be nice to each other' for it to fall apart.

Ok, sorry it was right after my post and raised the golden rule issue. My mistake I do apologize.

On 9/5/2018 at 10:54 PM, GrimReaper said:

I just said it takes one sociopath to abuse the rather simple solution 'be nice to each other' for it to fall apart.

I actually believe this to be the core problem, some people aren't people. They're monsters who will actively use and abuse any system humans create to cause harm to those around them. We do have other problems, ranging from the differences between the genders to faulty upbringing to emotional scarring from past experiences, but I believe those problems can be worked through by people who have a safe space to discuss them. As I'm typing this it occurs to me that perhaps the creation, and defense, of these "safe places" is the answer were looking for. After all the reason my sister and I were able to work through our experiences and turn away from truly hating the other gender was because we had the ability to talk through what happened to us with each other, and we could do that because we knew the other person was a "safe place".

PS - By "safe place" I mean a environment where I can tell a woman all the terrible things women have done to me and she can tell me all the terrible things men have done to her and we can mutually acknowledge that these things happened, that they were terrible and wrong, and that our suffering and the scarring that suffering created are real and valid. Then talk through these events and the solutions to them. The whole time being aware, truly knowing, that the person we are talking to bears us no ill will and cares about our health, safety, and happiness. Knowing that neither of us wants to cause harm to the other and that we both are working toward safety for everyone.

6 hours ago, DarkFireTim said:

I actually believe this to be the core problem, some people aren't people. They're monsters who will actively use and abuse any system humans create to cause harm to those around them. We do have other problems, ranging from the differences between the genders to faulty upbringing to emotional scarring from past experiences, but I believe those problems can be worked through by people who have a safe space to discuss them. As I'm typing this it occurs to me that perhaps the creation, and defense, of these "safe places" is the answer were looking for. After all the reason my sister and I were able to work through our experiences and turn away from truly hating the other gender was because we had the ability to talk through what happened to us with each other, and we could do that because we knew the other person was a "safe place".

PS - By "safe place" I mean a environment where I can tell a woman all the terrible things women have done to me and she can tell me all the terrible things men have done to her and we can mutually acknowledge that these things happened, that they were terrible and wrong, and that our suffering and the scarring that suffering created are real and valid. Then talk through these events and the solutions to them. The whole time being aware, truly knowing, that the person we are talking to bears us no ill will and cares about our health, safety, and happiness. Knowing that neither of us wants to cause harm to the other and that we both are working toward safety for everyone.

I get pictures in my head from what people post, that might not have anything to do with their actual words.

It's a bad habit I have from reading novels as a kid (I don't read much anymore).

But a person you describe, taking a risk on someone and telling them their problems,

Might elicit a response from the other person, and that response might be misinterpreted.

• A pat on the knee.
  • a poor joke to break the tension ("at least we're not (***'s)"
  • a hug, all of these things can be misinterpreted.

Recently they'e gotten others in trouble.

My awkward pauses (rather doing *nothing* than committing a faux pas) aren't helpful at all.

At least in forums, people can edit, rephrase and clarify, before the other person comes back.

So it's more difficult separating the uncaring from the socially awkward.

(pregnant pause)

Meantime, the cute chameleon comes in to utter a few revered phrases, and saves the potentially awkward day.

(No wonder the divorce rate is so high)

5 hours ago, 2dk2c said:

I get pictures in my head from what people post, that might not have anything to do with their actual words.

It's a bad habit I have from reading novels as a kid (I don't read much anymore).

But a person you describe, taking a risk on someone and telling them their problems,

Might elicit a response from the other person, and that response might be misinterpreted.

• A pat on the knee.
  • a poor joke to break the tension ("at least we're not (***'s)"
  • a hug, all of these things can be misinterpreted.

Recently they'e gotten others in trouble.

My awkward pauses (rather doing *nothing* than committing a faux pas) aren't helpful at all.

At least in forums, people can edit, rephrase and clarify, before the other person comes back.

So it's more difficult separating the uncaring from the socially awkward.

(pregnant pause)

Meantime, the cute chameleon comes in to utter a few revered phrases, and saves the potentially awkward day.

(No wonder the divorce rate is so high)

Yeah. I mean if it was easy to do it would have been done all ready. At least, I hope it would have been done all ready...

EDIT 9/7/2018 4:22pm: correcting my punctuation, grammar, and general sentence structure. :s

On 9/7/2018 at 10:19 AM, DarkFireTim said:

People are monsters, though. The belief that there's some inherent difference between normal people and those that harm others out of satisfaction, personal gain or convenience is quite dangerous. I once heard someone say that we're basically all axe murderers who just haven't found their axe yet.

14 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

People are monsters, though. The belief that there's some inherent difference between normal people and those that harm others out of satisfaction, personal gain or convenience is quite dangerous. I once heard someone say that we're basically all axe murderers who just haven't found their axe yet.

You may be right but that's not a reality I can accept at the moment as the end of its logical path is to bleak. If all humans are monsters, instead of just some, than our species is a evolutionary dead end. Like a virus we serve no purpose other than destruction, which would be reasonable if we were controllable. Things need to end for the cycle to continue after all. However we aren't controllable, as a species we are to smart and to crazy. So either some humans must not be monsters or our whole species needs to be destroyed. As such I choose to believe in the answer that gives us a reason to exist into tomorrow, instead of accepting that I should just kill my self and everyone around me now. As crazy as that may or may not be.

16 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

If this were true we would all be gone by now, there has been more than ample chances for us to end our species. Yes I once heard tell "that locks only keep honest people honest" yet that still indicates that they were honest to begin with. Hell think of the times in ones daily life that would result in a murder under this situation.

If we were all the animals you assume crap like this would happen regularly:

Someone cuts you off on the highway, so you chase them down and run them off the road.

Someone butts in line at a store, so you bludgeon them to death.

Children are playing in the street blocking your path, so you callously mow them down.

Your order in wrong at the drive through, so you head inside and slaughter everyone.

That's the kind of thing that the people you described would do.

10 hours ago, DarkFireTim said:

You may be right but that's not a reality I can accept at the moment as the end of its logical path is to bleak. If all humans are monsters, instead of just some, than our species is a evolutionary dead end. Like a virus we serve no purpose other than destruction, which would be reasonable if we were controllable. Things need to end for the cycle to continue after all. However we aren't controllable, as a species we are to smart and to crazy. So either some humans must not be monsters or our whole species needs to be destroyed. As such I choose to believe in the answer that gives us a reason to exist into tomorrow, instead of accepting that I should just kill my self and everyone around me now. As crazy as that may or may not be.

Stereotypical nihilism is trendy. Well, *I* think it is.

There's always a new trend coming tomorrow.

Me, now I'm into current events, not trying to solve the problems of Mankind...

Les Moonves, for example.....victim of a trend or stereotypical monster (of the thread's monsters)?

"He's rich, he's powerful, apparently he emotes, let's get him."

And one day when women take over TV and they all talk in little conference rooms in between commercials,

Life (on TV) will still suck, for different reasons.

edit (x:32PM) 

So I'm googling "american Psycho" because (ok forget "because") and one picture, one photoshopped, memed picture, keeps repeating.

He's a cult hero, apparently. I was only looking for a place to illustrate the picture in my head.

something *really* ticked me off, but putting it in a pithy flameproof post is proving impossibly difficult, so forget "because."

https://www.google.com/search?q=american+psycho&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjX0trg2bHdAhXrjlQKHT5iA7sQ_AUICigB&biw=1391&bih=624

picture_in_head.JPG.94ce6a4812584365b28bb22fb424a26f.JPG

9 hours ago, DarkFireTim said:

There's no purpose in evolution, just like there is no purpose in gravity. Evolution simply describes a selection process, one that's produced more dead species than living ones. So even if humans are the greatest evil to ever exist, there's no implication to be found in it. The other side of the coin however is this: Would you rather be incapable of being evil or would you rather choose not to be evil? I'd prefer the latter because the other option strips you of all agency.

7 hours ago, wokking56 said:

If this were true we would all be gone by now, there has been more than ample chances for us to end our species. Yes I once heard tell "that locks only keep honest people honest" yet that still indicates that they were honest to begin with. Hell think of the times in ones daily life that would result in a murder under this situation.

If we were all the animals you assume crap like this would happen regularly:

Someone cuts you off on the highway, so you chase them down and run them off the road.

Someone butts in line at a store, so you bludgeon them to death.

Children are playing in the street blocking your path, so you callously mow them down.

Your order in wrong at the drive through, so you head inside and slaughter everyone.

That's the kind of thing that the people you described would do.

Nah, even the most unhinged serial killer is capable of reason and thought. Being a dangerous individual with murderous intent doesn't mean you randomly commit acts of violence.

10 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Nah, even the most unhinged serial killer is capable of reason and thought. Being a dangerous individual with murderous intent doesn't mean you randomly commit acts of violence.

Yet in you own words you said "People are monsters, though. The belief that there's some inherent difference between normal people and those that harm others ... is quite dangerous." So what you are saying here is that we are all capable of crazy crap and can not be trusted. Better yet "I once heard someone say that we're basically all axe murderers who just haven't found their axe yet." Now if you adhere to this belief it only furthers the point that humans are vicious animals capable of anything.

My point being that if we were that far around the bend it wouldn't be to hard for us to get like that. The thing is we already lie, cheat steal and break rules/laws everyday and then rationalize it as not being a big deal. Sure some of the lies are to spare someone's feeling: "Does this dress make me look fat?" You may want to say "It's not the dress you are fat." but instead we say "No not at all." Yet many other lies are just self serving BS "Sorry I can't I have a previous engagement." when you really just don't want to be bothered. Cheating is even easier like taking an extra piece/helping of something all the while knowing it is in a limited supply because no one will know. How about taking an extra 5 minutes on your break at work or checking you tinder/tumbler/facebook or whatever while on the clock. I know it doesn't sound all that bad but it adds up over the course of a day you can easily cheat your employer out of an hour or more of work and this is also stealing because now you are being paid for your "down time". How about eating out we will all speak up if we have been over charged or charged for an item we did not get, but when the mistake is in your favor who speaks up now. Last we have breaking the law we all do it don't even try to deny it. Oh sure they are small minor infractions but the law is the law. 30 in a 25 breaking the law, not coming to a complete stop breaking the law. The two I see around here quite often parking in a no parking zone and going the wrong way on a one-way street. Now if we are all the MONSTERS you think we are then making the step from the little stuff listed here to the terrible crap like in my other post really isn't that big of a stretch.

10 hours ago, wokking56 said:

So what you are saying here is that we are all capable of crazy crap and can not be trusted.

Yes, we're all capable of 'crazy crap' and who you want to trust or not is up to you.

Now if you adhere to this belief it only furthers the point that humans are vicious animals capable of anything.

No, we're not vicious animals. Animals don't have any agency, humans do. Yes, we're capable of anything. Again, being evil doesn't mean you commit random atrocities out of nowhere all the time nor does it mean you're insane. There's no physical barrier, no magical part in your brain that stops you from being cruel and sadistic. The only question that's left to ask is if you acknowledge that about yourself and others or deny it. Given how our soceity loves to pathologize criminals, I'd say the answer is pretty clear. But this is pretty off-topic anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, DarksideTinkerbell said:

Is it objectifying men when you consider them just walking talking toys that run out of power way to quickly.? 

No, it isn't. It's just breaking a sacred taboo in outdated patriarchal societies that claim male supremacy in anything and everything.

In bed that toy thing goes both ways, just sayin'.

Archived