BakaFactory's SLAL Animation LE / SSE

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2019 at 1:52 AM, Sinliarius said:

Hello appreciated the high quality animations you have done here, just curious if you will be updating this version here anytime soon. the abc versions seem very unique compared to other versions

There is not gonna be regular updates but I'll update it when I think it's time. There are some of reasons but anyway thank you ^-^/

3 hours ago, JahReit said:

the password is in the name - unless something has changed (hint: BakaFactory).  I sure it's also somewhere in the OP or a file in the dl, but I can't remember

3 hours ago, zer02 said:

Babo Creature 2019.02.10 Fix.7z 

The archive contains a password,if this content is only for your favorites(patrons) ,why do you place this archive on the site?
Dislike.

Sorry for the confusion. I just reuploaded the file so I forgot to write the password. Yeah BakaFactory  is what it is. Copy and just paste it.

1 hour ago, factoryclose said:

Sorry for the confusion. I just reuploaded the file so I forgot to write the password. Yeah BakaFactory  is what it is. Copy and just paste it.

Well, if you are a man,which I think it is,then everything is okay)

2 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Why bother with a password in the first place?

So many guys keep saying this. Then why bother with uploading here? I always feel pissed when reading all these bullshit comments. Yeah I'll tell you why. I don't want to waste my time on making new zip or 7z files from the already existed files and that is the reason.

12 minutes ago, factoryclose said:

I always feel pissed when reading all these bullshit comments

It's not a 'bullshit comment'. It is a perfectly reasonable question. Every other modder here and on Nexus seems to manage without a password. I don't understand your explanation, adding a password to an archive is one more step than not adding one.

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

It's not a 'bullshit comment'. It is a perfectly reasonable question. Every other modder here and on Nexus seems to manage without a password. I don't understand your explanation, adding a password to an archive is one more step than not adding one.

Alright I get you weren't actually complaining. Sorry for my little bit aggressive expression. But there is another reason I put a password in it. To lead users to reading descriptions and requirements. As a modder, I've seen countless comments for asking about the things already written on the very first page. I am not saying they are lazy or it was their fault. They might be just unfamiliar with it. However, I can't help all of them, clearly. How could I? Well, there are several other reasons I put the password there as well, but I don't have to explain everything. Moreover, I am positive that I am not asking for something big. There's nothing in it for me putting a password in the first place. But I had to. The fact that most of modders don't do this doesn't mean that I must not do it. Please understand my position.

No problem. I understand your position but I still think it is somewhat counter-productive as you are the only person who requires a password and this takes everyone by surprise as it were.

Anyway, I still don't unserstand why I can't see anything with today's date or version 2.12 to download.  :frown:

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

No problem. I understand your position but I still think it is somewhat counter-productive as you are the only person who requires a password and this takes everyone by surprise as it were.

Anyway, I still don't unserstand why I can't see anything with today's date or version 2.12 to download.  :frown:

Ignore the dates, you just want the latest creatures and humans files (assuming you want both).

I think what you may be getting confused by is that this is not a made-for-loverslab package - Baka is just uploading it here for everyone to have access to as a public version.  The date on the file is probably when it was first released to his patrons.

Won't get a chance to try them for a bit, but the new animations look very nice - thanks for the upload.  Really enjoying how much traction ABC has been getting with other animators, and I'm looking forward to seeing what its creator does with it.

Thank you for your awesome animations!

There are 12 files there, some duplicated. It's a bit of a shitshow :)

To have your animations, I think I have to download these three files ...

• Babo Creature 2018.10.01.zip
  • Babo Creature 2019.02.10 Fix.7z
  • Babo Human 2019.02.08.7z

... is that correct?

First of all, the password ordeal is not a major inconvenience. No more than the inconvenience of having to deal with driving a car to get to where you are trying to go. Sure, you could walk. It's your freedom. You don't ever have to give any business to any car dealers or ever have to accept the gift of junkmobile from your father.

What I do find challenging with your files is simply me not knowing wtf. The newest version release has me all excited as usual updates  to your mod does, but nowhere in the files is there a filename containing the newest version, and there are quite a few files piling up in there. I don't judge you whatsoever for how you organize your files. That is only for you to decide how to do. But I would greatly appreciate some help knowing wtf I am supposed to do. Which file or files are the new ones just updated or released? I could never claim that my way is the right way, but it is for sure different and that leaves me so lost and confused. Would you help out a unique individual in deciphering your file naming code?

6 minutes ago, neokio said:

Thank you for your awesome animations!

There are 12 files there, some duplicated. It's a bit of a shitshow :)

To have your animations, I think I have to download these three files ...

• Babo Creature 2018.10.01.zip

... is that correct?

To reduce confusion, I will just delete the previous versions. And you need only two of them.

5 minutes ago, factoryclose said:

To reduce confusion, I will just delete the previous versions. And you need only two of them.

Hey :D! Just wanted to express my gratitude to you for sharing what you do with us, and admiration for your many skills (and patience, I know how scripting can be XP). I am in no position to have a bank account to subscribe to a patreon at the moment, but I definitely will once my situation changes!

1 hour ago, Reesewow said:

Ignore the dates, you just want the latest creatures and humans files (assuming you want both).

I think what you may be getting confused by is that this is not a made-for-loverslab package - Baka is just uploading it here for everyone to have access to as a public version.  The date on the file is probably when it was first released to his patrons.

Won't get a chance to try them for a bit, but the new animations look very nice - thanks for the upload.  Really enjoying how much traction ABC has been getting with other animators, and I'm looking forward to seeing what its creator does with it.

Thanks for the info. :) :thumbsup:

38 minutes ago, factoryclose said:

Thanks, and for the record I too am a big admirer of your anims. :)

P.S. Do we still need the password? :wink: I jest.

I know somewhere this has been explained, but in another mod of yours, which is why I'm not able to find it anymore.

How does one add your password protected files with NMM? It always refuses to accept them. What I tried was this:

Extract the passworded files into another custom created archive and zipped that. But NMM still won't accept it. 

Edit: Dear god, please let no one comment with "Use Mod Organizer". 

2 hours ago, LordArek said:

I know somewhere this has been explained, but in another mod of yours, which is why I'm not able to find it anymore.

How does one add your password protected files with NMM? It always refuses to accept them. What I tried was this:

Extract the passworded files into another custom created archive and zipped that. But NMM still won't accept it. 

Edit: Dear god, please let no one comment with "Use Mod Organizer". 

My way around this with NMM was decompressing manually to a folder, with 7zip or other capable program, then rolling that folder into a new archive (sans password) that I then import into NMM via the UI or the shell integration features (adds a right-click "Add to Nexus Mod Manager" option to Windows Explorer).  I realize this is what you just said didn't work, but it does, indeed, work.

57 minutes ago, 4nk8r said:

My way around this with NMM was decompressing manually to a folder, with 7zip or other capable program, then rolling that folder into a new archive (sans password) that I then import into NMM via the UI or the shell integration features (adds a right-click "Add to Nexus Mod Manager" option to Windows Explorer).  I realize this is what you just said didn't work, but it does, indeed, work.

Aye, thanks mate. I will try it again later, maybe I did something wrong due to being tired. Which is probably very realistic.