I need convincing. Is HDT SMP really that good?

Fredas

My experience with HDT SMP (for breasts) is extremely limited.  I believe I tried it out something like two years ago, but wasn't impressed at the time.  I don't remember specifically why, other than the fundamental fact that it did not provide a more lifelike bounce than what I'd already achieved with HDT.  Maybe it was also buggy.  Maybe it performed badly at certain framerates.  Maybe things have drastically improved by now.  I don't know.

What I do know is that if I go looking for Youtube or gif examples of what makes HDT SMP a better choice, I won't find them.  Not even in these forums.  There are some Youtube videos showing HDT SMP, but all I really get out of them is that people really seem to like settings that cause breasts to bounce like frictionless jello.  And also that HDT SMP seems needed for clothing but renders a disappointing result with cloaks whipping about like a wet towel.

So.  If you've gotten a good result for breasts using HDT SMP, post a gif or video and shut me up.  No, regular HDT is obviously not flawless, but I need HDT SMP to at least match what I can get without it before I can take it seriously.

8 minutes ago, Fredas said:

So.  If you've gotten a good result for breasts using HDT SMP, post a gif or video and shut me up

I don't have a video but it is a more stable base like the the infamous titty going ape shit in a spaz attack this I have not seen using it. The NPCs who disappear or fade out I don't see that any more either. Is one better that the other I like it better but that is opinion based. Can't give you much more than that don't know if it helps but that is my experience.

47 minutes ago, woodsman30 said:

I don't have a video but it is a more stable base like the the infamous titty going ape shit in a spaz attack this I have not seen using it. The NPCs who disappear or fade out I don't see that any more either.

Now that is interesting.  I get both of those problems, and also the one where when an NPC spawns, their breasts are sometimes on the other side of the map and they take several seconds to relocate to the NPC, during which time they are basically a mile long (and this seems to be related to the disappearing NPC problem, too).

I guess if anyone ever manages to show me some HDT SMP physics that look more or less as good as my own HDT PE, then solving the above two bugs would be a strong argument.  But I just can't make the jump when every example I've seen is either eternity-jello or just looks off.

7 minutes ago, Fredas said:

Now that is interesting.  I get both of those problems, and also the one where when an NPC spawns, their breasts are sometimes on the other side of the map and they take several seconds to relocate to the NPC, during which time they are basically a mile long (and this seems to be related to the disappearing NPC problem, too).

I guess if anyone ever manages to show me some HDT SMP physics that look more or less as good as my own HDT PE, then solving the above two bugs would be a strong argument.  But I just can't make the jump when every example I've seen is either eternity-jello or just looks off.

That's really the jest of it... its just more stable like I said I haven't seen a mile long titty since as far as a jello movement cant say I have that more firm than anything else... But again I am limited I know there are far more qualified people here who could give you the real nuts and bolts of it. I just threw in what i know about it.

9 hours ago, Fredas said:

My experience with HDT SMP (for breasts) is extremely limited.  I believe I tried it out something like two years ago, but wasn't impressed at the time.  I don't remember specifically why, other than the fundamental fact that it did not provide a more lifelike bounce than what I'd already achieved with HDT.  Maybe it was also buggy.  Maybe it performed badly at certain framerates.  Maybe things have drastically improved by now.  I don't know.

What I do know is that if I go looking for Youtube or gif examples of what makes HDT SMP a better choice, I won't find them.  Not even in these forums.  There are some Youtube videos showing HDT SMP, but all I really get out of them is that people really seem to like settings that cause breasts to bounce like frictionless jello.  And also that HDT SMP seems needed for clothing but renders a disappointing result with cloaks whipping about like a wet towel.

So.  If you've gotten a good result for breasts using HDT SMP, post a gif or video and shut me up.  No, regular HDT is obviously not flawless, but I need HDT SMP to at least match what I can get without it before I can take it seriously.

I don't intend to convince you of shit, because I don't have to.

SMP doesn't need premade capsules and doesn't rely on a broken ass cludged together iteration of Havok and is therefore factually and objectively superior to PE, ever, period. Discussion over.

What you actually seem to be asking is "smp my fetish, cause my fetish smp?", and the answer to that is "your fetish."

SMP is a framework, it is not a mod. SMP is literally what >YOU< make of it. And the word literally there means literally literally. SMP needs to be keyed to your hardware specifically for optimal usage, which means writing the xmls yourself. per mesh.

If your answer is "I don't know even know what the fuck you're saying much less writing xmls myself" then the answer is you should not ever install SMP because you'll just install it and invariably it will look like crap and then you'll complain SMP is crap, because you haven't the faintest idea and apparently don't want to to the research needed to have the faintest idea, which is what you have to do, even with a premade SMP set up.

As for the "videos", maybe you should consider the source, because there's pretty much one, and they consist of "fund my other game model "borrowing" QQBang Circle".

SMP is objectively superior to PE in every aspect, up to and including stuff on your head. You'll notice no words in that sentence say "someone made a SMP configuration that fetishes my fetish", which is a completely separate and not objective state.

Just like ENB, SMP is what you make of it. If you don't make your own and use someone else's, well then your choices are have the choices someone else made for you. Rather cut and dried.

spaz

horizon

disappear

If PE does any of those things your xml is crappily written.

2 hours ago, Fredas said:

In this video the body is using full HDT while the Tribal Bikini is using SMP. 

1 hour ago, 27X said:

What you actually seem to be asking is "smp my fetish, cause my fetish smp?", and the answer to that is "your fetish."

You seem to have overlooked the underpinning point of my entire post.

I am unconvinced that HDT SMP is inherently capable of achieving physical reactions that are as good as or better than what HDT PE has achieved, due to the unquestionable fact that its engine is not the same.  The reason I am unconvinced is because in all these years I have yet to lay eyes on a single convincing specimen -- in fact, quite the opposite.  "Better" is not subjective here because the ideal I am talking about is realism and there can be no argument about what is more believably realistic.  Lastly, the reason I'm looking for examples rather than declaring this a decided thing is that there are many people who swear by HDT SMP.  Presumably, they have these vaunted super-XMLs you allude to.  I am hoping to see them in action.

I think the problem with SMP is not stability or quality, but rather accessibility.

As 27X says, SMP is objectively better as a system than PE simply due to the way it works,and that's easy to understand. I'm pretty sure it also has the potential to be better than PE at achieving whatever physics you want (realistic or not). The problem is that right now you options for pre-made XML data are extremely limited and mostly consist on jello breasts unless you are willing to write your own XMLs yourself.

Which is why most of us lazy asses (note that I included myself there) prefer to stick with PE where you can simply install Bazinga's pack and be done with it, instead of having to learn how the XML data works and spending a variable-but-nevertheless-annoying amount of time fine-tuning it for our system. Even though SMP is objectively better in every other aspect, and we fully acknowledge that fact (or at least I do).

TL;DR: SMP is better but more difficult to set up than PE. Learn how to work with XMLs or take the lazy route and stay with PE while hoping someone eventually comes up with a pre-made SMP package that fits your specifications (I know I'm taking the latter).

8 hours ago, Fredas said:

You seem to have overlooked the underpinning point of my entire post.

I am unconvinced that HDT SMP is inherently capable of achieving physical reactions that are as good as or better than what HDT PE has achieved, due to the unquestionable fact that its engine is not the same.  The reason I am unconvinced is because in all these years I have yet to lay eyes on a single convincing specimen -- in fact, quite the opposite.  "Better" is not subjective here because the ideal I am talking about is realism and there can be no argument about what is more believably realistic.  Lastly, the reason I'm looking for examples rather than declaring this a decided thing is that there are many people who swear by HDT SMP.  Presumably, they have these vaunted super-XMLs you allude to.  I am hoping to see them in action.

Not doing your homework for you and as for the matter of overlooking, I think that also falls squarely in your court.

My setup looks baller as fuck... for my system, and unless you own exactly what I own, my setup is literally useless to you, not even mentioning I use 64K unp and 45K vert cbbe based models that I refactored myself, which I have to account for in my xmls, because mesh weighting and vert granularity absolutely matter with SMP. PE uses predefined capsules and thus can safely ignore any of that.

"Better" is not subjective here because the ideal I am talking about is realism

This is literally an infinitely scaling whataboutism that ranks up there with Peta Jensen and Jelena Jensen have the same breast motion and sex techniques because they have the same last name. Welp, if you bother watching any videos thereof, you'll find your argument pretty much is of zero use in practical application, much less approaching anything beyond in the eye of the beholder territory.

You'll find the vast majority of people praising SMP over PE are people who refused to update their PE settings with xmls that weren't written worth a shit or just copypasta'd from a certain nexus aggregator who did not and has not ever written a single line of code in the xml setup they peddle for the sweet sweet desperately needed upvotes. When said praising users migrated to SE they were forced to use SMP and therefore SMP > PE cause they don't have any choice in having a different opinion. Stockholm syndrome is a hell of a drug.

Not sure how to break this to you but there isn't a single REALISTIC PE set up either. Not a one. The best researched and packaged and written one, Bazinga's, says right on the first thread page "fuck realism", not even mentioning virtually every PE setup ever written didn't account for the 180 axis shifts in BS+OS or nifskope blender/maya ports, not even mentioning virtually every PE package doesn't contain the needed memory allocation patch to actually work without being interrupted by native havok calls, and even bazinga's package has fucked up phototex (vaginal and labial) dds files because he compressed them incorrectly. So none of them is perfect, this unicorn you speak of as being the smoovest ride in all the land that all the honeys wanna jump on doesn't even actually exist without user intervention even for PE.

12 minutes ago, 27X said:

Welp, if you bother watching any videos thereof, you'll find your argument pretty much is of zero use in practical application, much less approaching anything beyond in the eye of the beholder territory.

Hogwash.  To begin with, neither of the physics solutions being discussed accomplish anything approaching the volumetric wizardry that would be required to achieve something truly realistic.  That means all one can do is gauge which is doing a better job of it under the most circumstances.  If you want to make a case for subjectivity, then fair enough; I counter by saying the best result would be the one that the majority judges as being the most realistic.  You're just splitting hairs in the interest of being contrary.

19 minutes ago, 27X said:

When said praising users migrated to SE they were forced to use SMP and therefore SMP > PE cause they don't have any choice in having a different opinion. Stockholm syndrome is a hell of a drug.

I actually did not know this about SSE.  And to think I was starting to feel the time might be right to begin porting my various mods over.

22 minutes ago, 27X said:

Not sure how to break this to you but there isn't a single REALISTIC PE set up either. Not a one. The best researched and packaged and written one, Bazinga's, says right on the first thread page "fuck realism"

Of course there isn't.  Every solution in both cases is unavoidably a kludge.  But one solution is going to be better than the rest.  Maybe it's the old, maybe it's the new.  I can't make that call without good examples of both, but I only have good examples of the first iteration.

The reasons i with to using SMP its here: 

Anal Collision, Vagina Collision, Hair physics, clothes physics. But HDT SMP Physics need a heavy machine if you want to use FULL physics ( Hair, Body, Ear, Skirt, Cloak etc...) run smoothly and its not yet creature collision for creatures animation.

(I have a laptop play skyrim for five years and i cry to much hic..hic Because I only get some benefits from SMP)

So HDT-PE is good choice for someone who wants used creatures animation and have low machine.

3 hours ago, happy_polla said:

The reasons i with to using SMP its here: 

Anal Collision, Vagina Collision, Hair physics, clothes physics. But HDT SMP Physics need a heavy machine if you want to use FULL physics ( Hair, Body, Ear, Skirt, Cloak etc...) run smoothly and its not yet creature collision for creatures animation.

(I have a laptop play skyrim for five years and i cry to much hic..hic Because I only get some benefits from SMP)

So HDT-PE is good choice for someone who wants used creatures animation and have low machine.

hdt-smp body can also collide with creatures,install this mod  

creatures smp path.7z

1 hour ago, happy_polla said:

Wow, this patch so amazing. Thank you so much. 

And Full Body SMP v2.34 with Bodyslide is ready release? 

next ver is v2.4,you can make your own labia and animation nipple with  slider

The following five libia,all you can make with slider

9857117544e0be1.png

9 hours ago, realclone said:

Spoiler

9857117544e0be1.png

Im was using Full SMP v2.3 from Laosiji patreon post. At your picture, Wow, new version 2.4 is wonderful.

So, the New version will release first on 9damao forum, after that is would be for Foreigner, right ?

23 hours ago, realclone said:

hdt-smp body can also collide with creatures,install this mod  

creatures smp path.7z

dude, when i first tried using SMP this not existing was the reason i went back to PE since I could only get a few creatures to work. thank you, thank you very much! :D
Imma try this when i get home.

On 8/17/2018 at 12:45 AM, realclone said:

9857117544e0be1.png

Where can we find the veris before the next update?

Archived